Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

John Hammond's line in the first movie.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
FoxHound4690

John Hammond's line in the first movie. Empty
PostSubject: John Hammond's line in the first movie.   John Hammond's line in the first movie. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 pm

In the first Jurassic Park film where John Hammond is talking with Alan and Ellie in the trailer, he has a line which to me seems quite confusing.

"I own an island off the coast of Costa Rica, I've leased it from the government...."

So does he own the island or is he just renting it off the Costa Rican government?

Anyone have any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: John Hammond's line in the first movie.   John Hammond's line in the first movie. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm not very good at debate, but I'll give this a shot. Hammond leased Isla Nublar from the Costa Rican government. The reason he says "I own an island..." is probably because it sounds better, and then he would go into further detail later. To prepare for this answer, I looked it up on the Isla Nublar movie canon page on Wikia, and this is pretty much how they explain this. I own an island probably just sounds better than I leased an island, since not everyone knows what a lease is, so it would probably confuse the general movie audience.

CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: John Hammond's line in the first movie.   John Hammond's line in the first movie. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:53 am

Depending on the contract on the lease, he may temporarily own the island, making what he says true.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Hammond's line in the first movie.   John Hammond's line in the first movie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Hammond's line in the first movie.
Page 1 of 1