Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Making homemade dino-damage wound covers. Empty
PostSubject: Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.   Making homemade dino-damage wound covers. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 12:25 pm

When surfing Ebay, seeing a few Kenner JP/TLW toys at my local flea market I've noticed that more often then not, the dino damage wound covers are missing. And in most of the JP3 toys, and most noticeably most of the JW toys, they don't even have the covers at all. I've heard that they can be covered with Green Goop and in a dinosaur toy group I'm in, somebody said that you can make homemade wound covers by pouring silicone and maybe something else, a form of epoxy I believe, into the wound, smooth it, and wait long enough, you'll have a homemade dino-damage wound cover.

Has anybody tried this before? I ask because I see quite a bit of Kenner JP Triceratops, TLW Stegosaurus, and young T. rex toys without the wound covers and I'm interesting in buying at least one of those and making homemade wound covers.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.   Making homemade dino-damage wound covers. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm

I saw one on a Facebook group where someone made a JPS1 Trike damage piece out of some sort of green putty. Not impossible to do.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.   Making homemade dino-damage wound covers. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Levine wrote:
I saw one on a Facebook group where someone made a JPS1 Trike damage piece out of some sort of green putty. Not impossible to do.

Hopefully it was the kind that could be painted. I've seen two videos where a guy makes molds of dino damage pieces that were paintable.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.   Making homemade dino-damage wound covers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making homemade dino-damage wound covers.
Page 1 of 1