Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4

Go down 
+47
Megatron
Island Queen
JettRyu
JP_Korea
scoobysaurus
mosasaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
K_Ozz92
Pokesaurus
LostWorld
CommanderKeller
iuJacob
Dead2009
HoldOntoYourButts
Lythronax
NolaJP
Bbrink1996
SmugTheFab
deinocoop
baryonyx7
TRK/TrexKing
Baryonyx111
Gondrasia
BoulderFaceplant
Saurillian
CT-1138
Océane
brunofernando
IllOrfanato
bammc
FayhdrianColonist
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
dance2nite
The Beeg One
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
Levine
Rhedosaurus
Robotpo
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Also, the DPG page confirms The Lost World is canon. So I don't wanna hear any more doubt over it haha

But is the DPG page canon? scratch

Lol. Of course

I still refuse to accept that. Sorry, but this is just a half-assed way to keep fans happy. If they really wanted to ensure that all this is still canon, then they would have inserted some of this in the movie or commission books/novels that talk about this which are designated canon.

Besides, need I remind you how Universal tried to pull a fast one on us via saying/heavily implying how the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino? If anything else, what the DPG site/newsletter said about that not being the case was backtracking via fans not buying into that.

I get that the fanbase is desperate for more JP stuff and that they want the Sorna movies kept as canon, but that's no excuse for buying this site as canon. Even more so how Universal should have made this franchise better then it currently is.

In other words-and I know this is going to sound harsh, but so be it-if you support this site as a canon source, you are allowing Universal to get away with being lazy with this franchise.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Also, the DPG page confirms The Lost World is canon. So I don't wanna hear any more doubt over it haha

Lol. Of course

I still refuse to accept that. Sorry, but this is just a half-assed way to keep fans happy. If they really wanted to ensure that all this is still canon, then they would have inserted some of this in the movie or commission books/novels that talk about this which are designated canon.

Besides, need I remind you how Universal tried to pull a fast one on us via saying/heavily implying how the JW Spino skeleton was that of the JP3 Spino? If anything else, what the DPG site/newsletter said about that not being the case was backtracking via fans not buying into that.

I get that the fanbase is desperate for more JP stuff and that they want the Sorna movies kept as canon, but that's no excuse for buying this site as canon. Even more so how Universal should have made this franchise better then it currently is.

In other words-and I know this is going to sound harsh, but so be it-if you support this site as a canon source, you are allowing Universal to get away with being lazy with this franchise.

I do not think Universal is lazy with the franchise, I am actually rather happy with the amount of marketing JW received. Anyways, there is nothing that big anyway on the DPG website that would making it cannon problematic.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 pm

It seems that comparison to The Lost World is inevitable based on what the footage has shown so far, but there is one open question that I hope the film has a fitting solution to: who or what sets the dinosaurs loose in the Lockwood manor? Because Sarah and Nick freeing the dinosaurs in Ludlow's camp has attracted criticism towards them as 'Designated Heroes' for their sabotage, and more so for Nick for him taking the rounds from Roland's gun. Owen and Claire cannot afford to make themselves look uncaring for human lives (we know they're protecting Lockwood's granddaughter, but there's obviously more people there), no matter how much they believe in their mission.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
The trailer shows pteranodon carrying a guy away in the free air outside the mansion.

Also I believe it showed the auction, including online bidding available for the indoraptor.

You can barely tell that the pteranodon is on the mainland if you’re not already following this thing online. We see the ground, half a building, and most tellingly, some conifer trees. If you look at trailer impressions on YouTube, nobody is really picking up on the fact that dinosaurs besides the Indoraptor and Blue make it to the mainland.

Also, that display behind Wheaton was more of a scoreboard for bidders in the room.

The fact that all the other dinosaurs are up for auction hasn’t been deduced by anyone outside the fandom.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Lol. Of course

I'm pretty sure I've already responded to this Spinosaurus thing before. They obviously meant the species, not the exact same individual animal from the third film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Lol. Of course

I'm pretty sure I've already responded to this Spinosaurus thing before. They obviously meant the species, not the exact same individual animal from the third film.

It seemed like you were having second thoughts after reading that article that Ty wrote on his site that I linked to.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:50 pm

I have this theory that Lockwood has good intentions and that Rafe Spall and Toby Jones' characters are using him to get access to the Dinosaurs. I feel like they are involved in Lockwood's inevitable death to get him out of the way once they get what they need? Probably a little over the top, but just a thought. Been thinking about this film all day now haha
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Lol. Of course

It seemed like you were having second thoughts after reading that article that Ty wrote on his site that I linked to.

I can't really remember. All I know is that they never said it was the exact same animal. Fans just overreacted.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I have this theory that Lockwood has good intentions and that Rafe Spall and Toby Jones' characters are using him to get access to the Dinosaurs. I feel like they are involved in Lockwood's inevitable death to get him out of the way once they get what they need? Probably a little over the top, but just a thought. Been thinking about this film all day now haha

That would be a cool plot twist. I wonder if Wu might betray him too. I think yes, since he did make Indoraptor.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:21 am

I would like to say, that I don't think Trevorrow is to blame for JW failures. As a matter of fact he was thrown into the development process, that started yet in early 2000s - and constant script changes and rewrites were not helpful. In Jurassic Outpost interview from late 2016 Trevorrow mentions, that Jurassic World was based upon ideas gathered for 12 years and he had to deal with that. And main ideas came from Spielberg himself:

1. Fully operational park (according to rumor this was actually suggested by Michael Crichton during JP3 production)
2. New dangerous dinosaur as a threat to everyone
3. Main character to have personal relationship with Raptors

As far as I recall Jaffa and Silver script applied the 1st idea in manner similar to one known in the movie. New dangerous dinosaur was fictional theropod Malusaurus, whose remains were found in China and then mysteriously stolen and moved to abovementioned theme park. And the point about main character and Raptors was supposely be like Owen combined with Hoskins - he wanted to militarise the animals.

Trevorrow thought that he does not want to tell audience that there was a dinosaur, that actually did not exist, so he came up with idea of taking the cloning idea further - thus we have hybrid Indominus (which was also some sort of homage to Sayles script). Trevorrow also thought, that raptor-militarisation is an idea that could appear only in madmans head, so he routed this into new character thus creating Hoskins. He also added Wu to the story,while as far as I recall Connoly was responsible for female characters. I think children characters were already in Jaffa / Silver script however Trevorrow and Connely did some changes - as far as I recall Gray initially was supposed to be autistic.

I know that in the end Jurassic World had lots of characters that were not necessarily needed there (I would really survive with divorce subplot and military subplot) and some promising characters that were trimmed down (Hamada), but I think this is a result of many people in charge wanting too much for too long.

To sum up this subject - I think Trevorrow does understand the Jurassic Universe quite well, but he is still a newbie when it comes to directing skills. Plus as a newcomer he had to succumb to executives. I hope FK will give us better emotions.

So, the trailer - I think it is way better than the first one, however combined with previous footage I cannot fight the feeling of seeing the majority of movie. Plus some of the CGI would need to be polished.
Back to top Go down
mosasaurus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 am

I don’t think Jurassic World has any failures, it’s a great movie. I hope Collin returns for one of the sequels. I hope Fallen Kingdom has similar pacing.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Fans should be praising Trevorrow for not going the human hybrid route, imo. I have lots of respect for him and Bayona just for getting my all-time favourite franchise back on its feet. In a world where Marvel films and star wars films are everywhere, I'm glad Jurassic is still going strong.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:13 pm

We moved to the next thread, fellas

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1280-general-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-news-thread-v-5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4 - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.4
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34