Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park

Go down 
+8
Physalisfresser
doyouthinkhesaurus
Cha0ticArch0saur
TyrannosaurTJ
#TRexSpinorematch
Sobek
Dead2009
deinocoop
12 posters
AuthorMessage
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Shocked

I know I sound crazy letting this out of my mouth: Afte reading this article which should probably be reported for criticizing a film that hasn't been released yet,

Why 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Looks Like A Terrible Idea

and seeing this video get posted on the internet...

I've got to ask this: who among these members feels the imposing threat that Jurassic World poses a threat to Jurassic Park? Granted, JW:FK isn't out until June, but apparently JW haters still do just about anything to get their emotionless monsters on a horror island back where they can milk it dry. In fact, these haters even go so far as to say "Jurassic Park should have been the only movie of it's kind, but oh no, Universal just had to make cliche sequels."

I can sort of see why after seeing the following provisos.

Rule #1: no tamed raptors. Apparently, haters want the JP raptors to stay monsters, despite the fact that if we can tame birds of prey, then these raptors are the stretch goal.

Rule #2: no guardians of the galaxy references, and their "super" Chris Pratt celebrity. I see where the haters are going here, since Owen Grady somehow outran a slow pyroclastic cloud (55 mph, but what do you expect out of a 2010's Hollywood cult?

Rule #3: no super hybrids. Apparently, haters hate the hybrids that are the mascots of Colin Trevorrow's take on the park, despite the fact that Dr. Wu's been hybridizing from the start, not to mention how regular dinosaurs get old pretty fast. Plus, don't forget how the Indoraptor has Jay Bayona fingerprints on it.

I'm just saying, haters who hate what the creators of FK are doing with JP5 shouldn't be making videos and/or posting articles about it, especially if they haven't seen the full movie it, and took notes of human kind's bad habits with modern animals.

Then again, that's just me. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am

These are the same people that praise franchises like Star Wars and don't bat an eye to the repetitive storylines of other Universal franchises like Fast and Furious.

Back to top Go down
Sobek
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sobek

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 am

Dead2009 wrote:
These are the same people that praise franchises like Star Wars and don't bat an eye to the repetitive storylines of other Universal franchises like Fast and Furious.

This is so so true.

Same people who also want " different", but then will rage if it happens (just look at the Last Jedi).

There is only so much you can do with the "cloned dinosaurs for a theme park" storyline.

--

As for the raptors, it could easily be solved if they also presented JP1 like raptors along with Blue. It's the hero angle they're using for both Blue and Rexy people don't like.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 12:02 am

I actually agree about Jurassic World having no tension or thrills.

Something that JP, TLW and JP3 all did very well.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Eh, I'd chill out and wait until FK is shown if you guys are concerned about the lack of tension so far. Though there was some initially with the Indominus in her paddock and even when the Raptors chose her as a new alpha. I think FK will have a lot of tension given the fact Bayona is a "horror" director. The 2nd trailer does a good job of showing that potential with the Indoraptor.

As for the JP aspect being under threat, it is, but I don't particularly see it as something overly negative. At least so far. That is also contingent on how JWFK is as a film and as a Jurassic-sequel.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 2:54 am

Well, let's face it. The Jurassic Park/World "multi-verse" of canon/non-canon... is the best thing we got coming out of Hollywood (media in general) as far as dinosaur flicks, comics & books go, in my humble opinion. Toys can be arguably tossed around companies as to who is the best, Papo, CollectA etc. I don't see much of a threat. I actually see hope. Jurassic Park I-III helped spark a generation of professional and amateur paleontologists, paleoartists etc. I would wager JW I-III will do the same. Some kid two decades from now will become a paleontologist because of the Jurassic World franchise.

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 8:50 pm

I don't feel as if they threaten the world JP built but calling the people with complaints and critiques of JW "haters" doesn't help the argument you're trying to make. People will have legitimate and illegitimate complaints against JW and all other films for the rest of eternity. JW felt really hollow after the hype died down, just a fan serviced popcorn flick albeit with some interesting ideas.

Criticism and praise towards other franchises are deserved as well. I'm personally in the boat that dislike The Last Jedi, but I now use a specific headcanon of my own, disregarding films I didn't like in favor of the universe I fell in love with. I feel as though bringing up the Fast and furious movies is setting a low bar as they're mindless action films easy to nitpick and make fun of.

I guess I'm just trying to say that not all criticism is "haters" and not everyone will like what new movies do. Whether its the same movie time and time again (which I feel relates to the current genre powerhouse of superhero films with predictable formula), or movies that try to do something different and fail (Like TLJ).

People are going to complain regardless. The best possible option is to ignore or talk (not argue) with people you disagree with and hear them out, making your own points and just respecting opinions all around.

Overall we will see how Fallen Kingdom turns out. But don't just disregard people with a different opinion as "haters". They most likely have reasons they feel that way just like you do. And generalizing arguments doesn't work in your favor. It's oftentimes more complex than just simple talking points like some listed by the OP.

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 5:42 am

I know I will get a lot of backlash for this, but I have to say it:

For me JW Fallen Kingdom will be the point of no return to decide for myself if I will seperate it from the original Jurassic Park movies in my headcanon (I know they will be all canon in the movie universe). But I mean not even the makers of this movies dared to call the movies Jurassic Park I think that is saying something. I personally don't like the direction they are going with the movies. I mean not that Jurassic Park had super complicated characters, but seeing Owen, Claire and especially Hoskins being turned into simple character traits or even jobs doesn't resemble a interesting character.

Judging only by the Trailers (which isn't fair, I will make my decision after watching the full movie) I would say it's time for me to declare the Jurassic World Universe as a seperate Universe from the first 3 Films (just for myself of course, nobody has to share my views). I personally don't understand why people are hyped for Fallen Kingdom, which doesn't mean I think they are dumb to do so! I just can't get the same feel the old movies gave me, when I have a look at the newer movies.

This is the only place where I can voice this, I was once often here, but I have the feeling I'm to different from the newer fans now to really belong here anymore.
Back to top Go down
jamie_tid
Embryo
Embryo
jamie_tid

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:46 am

Physalisfresser wrote:

For me JW Fallen Kingdom will be the point of no return to decide for myself if I will seperate it from the original Jurassic Park movies in my headcanon (I know they will be all canon in the movie universe). But I mean not even the makers of this movies dared to call the movies Jurassic Park I think that is saying something. I personally don't like the direction they are going with the movies. I mean not that Jurassic Park had super complicated characters, but seeing Owen, Claire and especially Hoskins being turned into simple character traits or even jobs doesn't resemble a interesting character.

Judging only by the Trailers (which isn't fair, I will make my decision after watching the full movie) I would say it's time for me to declare the Jurassic World Universe as a seperate Universe from the first 3 Films (just for myself of course, nobody has to share my views). I personally don't understand why people are hyped for Fallen Kingdom, which doesn't mean I think they are dumb to do so! I just can't get the same feel the old movies gave me, when I have a look at the newer movies.

This is the only place where I can voice this, I was once often here, but I have the feeling I'm to different from the newer fans now to really belong here anymore.

Hey you are entitled to you opinion, i cant understand why you would want to separate them though, its not as intended but each to their own.

I doubt you will find anyone who gets the same feeling as they did for the first films, CGI was very new back then, we are almost numb to the spectacle of movies these days, and we have seen dinosaurs now in more films than just Jurassic.

And, what direction would you take these movies in to continue the franchise? I have often thought about this and i think the way they have handled it is better than what i could have come up with...

I thought it was a very good movie, a very different type of Jurassic Park and that is what i was after.

If i want a movie of JP quality, i will watch JP... they cant all be that similar that they just churn out the same-ish story lines over and over again. Its nice to have something different.

Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

jamie_tid wrote:
Physalisfresser wrote:

Hey you are entitled to you opinion, i cant understand why you would want to separate them though, its not as intended but each to their own.

I doubt you will find anyone who gets the same feeling as they did for the first films, CGI was very new back then, we are almost numb to the spectacle of movies these days, and we have seen dinosaurs now in more films than just Jurassic.

And, what direction would you take these movies in to continue the franchise? I have often thought about this and i think the way they have handled it is better than what i could have come up with...

I thought it was a very good movie, a very different type of Jurassic Park and that is what i was after.

If i want a movie of JP quality, i will watch JP... they cant all be that similar that they just churn out the same-ish story lines over and over again. Its nice to have something different.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked JW I just have a bad feeling about FK. I hope that this movie positively surprises me like JW did, then there would be no need for me to seperate it from the canon.

I just think the animals aren't handled as good as they were in the past and this is a big concern for me personally. But I'll wait until I have seen the movie, it would be unfair to judge it by trailers.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 9:54 pm

For the first time, I don't feel like my fears of "World" overshadowing "Park" are unfounded and irrational.

1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park 2IDile5

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:09 am

To be fair, "Jurassic World" was the title of the JP/TLW combo novel before JW the movie even became a thing.
But I agree that using the JW logo is a bizarre and confusing choice...
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah, but that didn't use the JW logo and had "Michael Crichton's Jurassic World" in big letters. Not "Jurassic World" in big letters then the book titles in small, barely noticeable font off in the corner.

1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park 632

This is deliberately using the Jurassic World name as a money making ploy because Universal somehow got it in their head that people wouldn't recognize the "Jurassic Park" name on a book.

Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:25 pm

^I completely agree, the new cover is literally just the JW poster with the book titles written in small letters above..

Honestly, while i'm usually all for brand integrity, universal's recent trend of touching up on the original trilogy (the hideous new logos) and the novels (like this) to "fit" more with JW is something i'm not really a fan of...and I absolutely enjoy both JW and FK.
It seems that they are treating the original trilogy as prequels to JW, and not JW as a sequel to the trilogy...which is rather confusing lol.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 pm

So correct me if I'm off base here, but does this have something to do with the rights eventually reverting? I'd heard that was part of the reasoning for things like the toyline being a JW: Legacy Collection instead of using Jurassic Park. I also remember a Universal memo going around also talking about the rebranding for basically everything. However, I saw a post a while back talking about the transformation of JP: The Ride to JW: the Ride, and someone mentioned this rebranding, also mentioning that it was because the Crichton Estate would get back the rights, and to stop losing the branding or having to pay extra or something, everything was being rebranded as Jurassic World. Now, I get the feeling that isn't how all this works, and unless Orlando will also totally be retheming, while also supposedly getting a JW ride of its own in their proposed new park, I doubt these are the reasons. Anyone know more about something like this?

Also, while the book above is blatantly using the JW logo, the Jurassic World thing for combining Crichton's books has been around a while. I remember mistaking it for a new book as a kid before JP3 came out.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 pm

I thought the rights only had to do with the movies. Any other merchandising deals, theme park attractions, and stuff Universal gets to keep.

Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Yeah I thought so too. This is the 1st time I actually heard about the rights expiring being the reason for the seeming rebranding..
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:02 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I thought the rights only had to do with the movies. Any other merchandising deals, theme park attractions, and stuff Universal gets to keep.

Probably. That is why I was assuming it was probably wrong. Although then, the rebranding of one whole ride at the least does concern me then. Still, I at least don't feel JP will ever truly be threatened. It's become too big of current pop culture, even after 25 years, to be swept under by World. At least in my opinion. Besides, if Universal doesn't go back after the rights (lets be honest, they will. Unless Disney or someone swoops in day 1 of the rights return, Universal wants options. Whether that's TV, remakes, or sequels, it's one of their biggest money makers now.), whoever buys them next, or the estate themselves, will surely immediately be getting the Jurassic Park branding back out there.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Disney buying the JP franchise...now that's a true nightmare Laughing
Yeah I honestly agree that Universal might try to take it back. After all, it is their most profitable franchise right now, so I imagine they would not give up on it that easy.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Sobek wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

This is so so true.

Same people who also want " different", but then will rage if it happens (just look at the Last Jedi).

The Last Jedi was not hated simply because it was "different" but because it did just way too many things that make no sense, like having Luke Skywalker (the most noble hero) be turned into a coward who is convinced that the correct thing to do is to just do nothing about the evil Sith taking over the Galaxy once again.

Or things like having jedi ghosts all of the sudden have powers. If they always did...Then where were they in previous battles? It is things like that. Sorry but people really need to understand that TLJ was not hated because it is "different" it is hated because it broke the canon rules in many ways that can not be fixed and by doing so many classic characters were heavily altered.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park   1 - Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World threatening Jurassic Park
Page 1 of 1