Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?

Go down 
+15
Dead2009
#TRexSpinorematch
1morey
Herrerasaurus
Tyrant Lizard
Megatron
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
deinocoop
TyrannosaurTJ
Six-Foot Turkey
BoulderFaceplant
CT-1138
Sobek
Rhedosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rather than dwelling on what Universal is or isn't willing to do, I think it would be fun and, to be frank, healthier, to discuss some of the things that could be done to expand the lore in realistic ways.

I think it would be cool to see the JP comics make a comeback in some capacity. It could be rebranded as JW and revolve around the events of Jurassic World before the Indominus escape, or even revolve around the Nublar cleanup, the capture of Rexy, the strip mining of Sorna, etc etc etc...

I wouldn't mind that, but it's probably too late for that now. And we don't even know if Universal will get the JP rights back after JW3.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2018 1:50 pm

It's never too late. As long as these stories remain untold, there's always a way to explore them.

The rights to the franchise are pretty valuable, considering the billions that have been made over the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if the Crichton estate was eager to sell and Universal was eager to buy. I franchise with as much value as Jurassic Park won't stay dormant for too long, unless the third film absolutely bombs, which I highly doubt will happen.

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It's never too late. As long as these stories remain untold, there's always a way to explore them.

The rights to the franchise are pretty valuable, considering the billions that have been made over the last few years. It wouldn't surprise me if the Crichton estate was eager to sell and Universal was eager to buy. I franchise with as much value as Jurassic Park won't stay dormant for too long, unless the third film absolutely bombs, which I highly doubt will happen.

A movie doesn't have to bomb for it to be a failure. Just look at Spiderman 3 and BvS.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
A movie doesn't have to bomb for it to be a failure. Just look at Spiderman 3 and BvS.

But we're not talking about quality. We're talking about whether or not the franchise is marketable.

The franchises you named didn't exactly disappear off the face of the planet, did they? Hell, Spiderman was rebooted a mere 5 years after Spiderman 3 was released, and after that incarnation failed it was rebooted 3 years later under a different studio.

Point is that quality in this case doesn't matter, as long as the franchise remains marketable. As long as there's money to be made, Jurassic Park won't die.

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Jurassic fans are always vocal on Twitter. Be it for one thing or the other but they are always very willing to tell Colin Trevorrow how they felt.

Now they did expand the franchise a bit with CC but there are still 2 big factors here, Colin Trevorrow is not a fan of the franchise overall, he is only a casual fan of the first one and someone who is not interested in anything The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3, so that is one of the main reasons why the lore is not expanded more.

The other reason is that high studio executives and Universal overall just seem to give me this very very strong vibe that as long as it has the name Jurassic and any dinosaurs running around that is all they need and people will pay because of brand name recognition.

Not just saying that, just saw a video of many different film producers of many different franchises and the vibe that I get from them is that they know how to produce a film as in know what it took to get it made but they were all well over 50 years old and clearly did not grow up as fans of the franchises that they are producing.

So that was a factor.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?   Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shouldn't this franchise be larger then it currently is right now?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: