Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nez
Embryo
Embryo
Nez

Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Empty
PostSubject: Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed   Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 4:37 am

Hi guys.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me with this considering that Modding Genesis has now closed down but I thought I'd ask anyway in the hope that someone can help or offer some advice.

I have installed the Genesis Expansion Project pack Version 2, as I like the majority of the mods included in that pack, however, there is one major issues I am having with the pack.

Now, visitors will not stop complaining about the price of food at kiosks. On the base game, unmodded, you could change the prices at kiosks in increments of $2, whereas on the GEP pack, it has been changed to increments of $5.

This makes it impossible to keep the visitors happy because they're having to pay $10 for a food item that originally costs $5. Often, the visitors don't even enter the stand due to the prices and the information in their profile in game shows one of the 'these prices are disgusting' thoughts.

If I reduce the price back down to $5 then I won't be making any profit from the stand. Even then, when the sale price matches the price the item costs 'me', it still doesn't seem to help, and the visitors still complain.

I have looked tirelessly through the game files to find where this change has been made but I can't find anything that seems to effect either the increments that the price can be raised by (to change kiosk prices back to $4, $6, $8, $10, $12 etc, rather than $5, $10, $15 etc), nor can I find anything that effects how visitors perceive the prices.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or offer any help or advice? As I say, the majority of the pack is just what I'm after, however this one issue is ruining the game for me.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed   Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 am

What food items do you use for the kiosks?
Back to top Go down
Nez
Embryo
Embryo
Nez

PostSubject: Re: Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed   Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 am

To be honest, it makes little difference what item I use.

Whatever I set the item I as, and regardless of the pricing, the visitors complain. I can only assume that it’s to do with an alteration in the files from the GEP pack but I can’t find any file that controls either the pricing of the kiosk food choices or the visitors AI when ‘rating’ the prices they’re charged.

I also can’t find any file which allows me to change the prices structure from 5/10/15/20 etc back to the 2/4/6/8/10/12/14 etc that the game was originally set with.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed   Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 12:19 pm

I'd imagine that the cost increments could be edited somewhere in the constant.ini file(?), but I don't have the game files in front of me to do a check. I think that's where most of the in-park related values are at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed   Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitors complaining about kiosk prices - GEP v2 installed
Page 1 of 1