Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Fences are Broken/Underpowered

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

Fences are Broken/Underpowered Empty
PostSubject: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Today is the day: June 12th 2018, the day of Jurassic World Evolution's release.

I've been having a blast with the game all day... that is, until Isla Muerta. The island itself isn't difficult at all really. It's fun to see the new dinosaurs you unlock here. However, I've run into a glaring issue the game has right away.

What's the point of fences?

By this time in the game, I have light, electric light, and heavy steel. All of which, the dinosaurs IMMEDIATELY break out of whenever their comfort level falls below a suitable level. During storms, where all dinos get super antsy, I'm having tons of breakouts all around the park. And despite the dinosaurs taking 5 seconds to kill your guests, your response teams take 30 seconds to get anywhere even if there is a station near by.

My question is what is even the point of putting in multiple fence types if they are basically paper whenever the dinosaur has a hissy?

Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Update: The only way I was able to solve the weakness in the fences was by DOUBLE FENCING enclosures with creatures whom have lower tolerance for comfort (aka Storms are scripted rampages). Which, is totally immersion breaking and sad. All this does is give you enough time for your ACU to do its job, the dinos will break through the second just as easy.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 pm

Apparently they screwed up the coding and that will be fixed the comfort is based off the immediate arduous of the animal not the whole enclosure etc.

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 3:10 am

Yeah, usually by the time you realize a dinosaur is flying off the deep end its about to or already broken out. Fences are of little value in stopping the dinosaurs from escaping. How a raptor destroys a powered electric fence is beyond me, let alone an even smaller dinosaurs.

Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 3:48 pm

There is literally no reason to build one fence over the other in this game. Just build the weaker fence and save your park funds because no matter what, the dinos are going to break out in around 3-5 hits. The issue is that it is a consistent issue. As you pointed out, small or big, dinosaurs all break out at about the same rate. The system is just broken, unfinished, or looked over. I hope TRK is right and it's just a coding error because without cheats, there is no way to outsmart and defend yourself from breakouts.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm sure it's a bug. I'm sure they'll patch it soon enough.
This is the upside to being broke. You can't afford the game when it's new, but when you finally get it months later, most of the bugs have been smoothed over. Most of them anyway lol

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
HydragonofDeath
Embryo
Embryo
HydragonofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 4:12 pm

heres a bug, attach a high security fence to a low security fence, all the high security fences connected to that one high security fence which is connected to the low security fence are now officially as durable as a low security fence for some reason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fences are Broken/Underpowered   Fences are Broken/Underpowered Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fences are Broken/Underpowered
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: Jurassic World Evolution (and JWE 2)-
Jump to: