Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+28
1morey
Physalisfresser
Dr. Wu
Aegyptiacus3
TRK/TrexKing
WeNeedToTalk
BarrytheOnyx
Viperman
Oviraptor
Dv-218
IllOrfanato
Bionic
V.a.nublarensis
Six-Foot Turkey
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
Spiegel
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
TheDreamMaster
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Troyal1
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Dead2009
dance2nite
Mr. Robustus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 7:11 pm

My problem with Malcolm's role was that it so played up and marketed, up to a year before the film's release, for a glorified cameo.

In retrospect, they might have kept Malcolm a pleasant surprise rather than putting him front and center in the marketing when he was on-screen for all of two minutes.

BTW, Hot Topic has a nice collection of JP/JW clothing:

https://www.hottopic.com/pop-culture/shop-by-license/jurassic-park/?cm_mmc=DIS-_-GGL-_-JUN-_-1_2018W20_DIS_GGL_LIC_JURASSIC|300&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjMSYia_j2wIVlajICh1Fig8aEAEYASAAEgIBCvD_BwE
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:28 am

and now the film is rotten again..oh man. Chris stuckman who is a reviewer who i admire was really dissapointed with this movie. Breaks my heart to see the franchise get so trashed. Feels like the main problem with this movie was the screenplay and colin.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
and now the film is rotten again..oh man. Chris stuckman who is a reviewer who i admire was really dissapointed with this movie. Breaks my heart to see the franchise get so trashed. Feels like the main problem with this movie was the screenplay and colin.

Yeah its at 55 percent, idk I saw it get to as low as 53 earlier today. I think it may settle at mid-fifties.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 4:59 am

I personally think it's one of those very underrated movies that I should just love without caring about Rotten Tomatoes or those bs.
One of my absolute favorite films is "The Village", and it has like 40% score. But nobody will stop me for saying that movie is a little masterpiece. "The Last Jedi" was imo the worst Star Wars movie and it's like 90%.

Also, I literally saw like at least 5-6 JP fans saying they were disappointed the first time they watched the film, and the second time they loved it.

Critics probably watch the movie once and give their review. That's how reliable they are.

Chris Stuckmann liked the first Jurassic World movie but also said some of Irrfan Khan's acting was one of the worst he saw in a movie, so guys... just don't let reviews of other people affect you that much.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:27 am

Spiegel wrote:
Malcolm was relevant as the DPG was seeking congressional approval for their mission basically. He played a part in congress not approving a bill to rescue the dinosaurs, thus leaving the DPG to turn to Lockwood and illegal means to perform their task. Imagine if he had not been in the film and congress simply said we should rescue the dinosaurs, it would be a film only about rounding them up before the volcano erupted.

It would happen, with, or without Malcolm. DPG didn't need him. And who says the Congress wouldn't go against saving the dinosaurs even if Malcolm wasn't there. No, he wasn't the only one against the dinosaurs, that's for sure.

Anyway, revelant or not, there it is.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
Malcolm was relevant as the DPG was seeking congressional approval for their mission basically. He played a part in congress not approving a bill to rescue the dinosaurs, thus leaving the DPG to turn to Lockwood and illegal means to perform their task. Imagine if he had not been in the film and congress simply said we should rescue the dinosaurs, it would be a film only about rounding them up before the volcano erupted.

It would happen, with, or without Malcolm. DPG didn't need him. And who says the Congress wouldn't go against saving the dinosaurs even if Malcolm wasn't there. No, he wasn't the only one against the dinosaurs, that's for sure.

Actually, the people at the Congress looked quite shocked and contrary to Malcolm saying the dinosaurs should be killed off by the volcano

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 am

owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Actually, the people at the Congress looked quite shocked and contrary to Malcolm saying the dinosaurs should be killed off by the volcano

Meh, just some of them. Doesn't mean all of them were in favor of saving dinosaurs and just went against because Malcolm said some cute lines. More people were against too, I'm sure of it.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 am

I'm genuinely surprised Chris Stuckmann rated this one lower than Jurassic World. I thought even if he wasn't totally impressed by Fallen Kingdom, he'd at least appreciate it more than Jurassic World considering the well-directed set-pieces etc. This film really is massively mixed received. How crazy would it be if Jurassic World 3 (the movie with the least amount of expectations) becomes the highest rated of all the sequels? Would be classic!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I'm genuinely surprised Chris Stuckmann rated this one lower than Jurassic World. I thought even if he wasn't totally impressed by Fallen Kingdom, he'd at least appreciate it more than Jurassic World considering the well-directed set-pieces etc. This film really is massively mixed received. How crazy would it be if Jurassic World 3 (the movie with the least amount of expectations) becomes the highest rated of all the sequels? Would be classic!

I think this happens because this movie clearly shows a change in the franchise, and some people didn't want it.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I think this happens because this movie clearly shows a change in the franchise, and some people didn't want it.

I get the hint from his review that the lack of
Spoiler:
really pissed him off. It's a shame he couldn't at least mention the positives, considering now his entire fanbase are gonna believe the movie has none. Funnily enough, Jeremy Jahns reviewed the movie much more positively, which surprised me.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yet they also complain that Fallen Kingdom brings no new ideas.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Spoiler:
really pissed him off.
Well, actually
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:41 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Spoiler:
really pissed him off.
Well, actually
Spoiler:

I think they left the explanations about the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 am

Are people really bashing Fallen Kingdom for not mentioning the fate of Sorna?

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:45 am

owenpratt wrote:

To be fair,

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:46 am

Chris Stuckmann is mostly spot on with his review, terrible dialogue, awful sidecharacters (I actually hoped Franklin would get eaten), rushed pacing (seriously what is the point of forking out a story over a supposed trilogy when the second film can't stand on its own and only feels like a setup?)
No matter how many special effects, nice setpieces and gifted actors you through on the screen it all just crumbles when the writing is bad.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:50 am

owenpratt wrote:

Yes. You can tell people to go to the sites, but the GA is too used to books and TV shows as expanded canon. Besides, somebody said in a FB group basically said that he shouldn't have to go to a site to see what's canon.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 am

I'd say the dialogue/writing is better than Jurassic World's.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:30 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Yes. You can tell people to go to the sites, but the GA is too used to books and TV shows as expanded canon. Besides, somebody said in a FB group basically said that he shouldn't have to go to a site to see what's canon.

Yes, but it's not like Sorna has any importance in THIS movie. That's my point.

Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 8:47 am

Sorna has very much an importance to this film. A lot of people are wondering why the plot is about saving the last dinosaurs when there is this other island with dinosaurs (not knowing about the supposed canon and the ones that do are wondering why the DPG didn't just try to take them to Sorna instead of the mainland)
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 am

Bionic wrote:
Sorna has very much an importance to this film. A lot of people are wondering why the plot is about saving the last dinosaurs when there is this other island with dinosaurs (not knowing about the supposed canon and the ones that do are wondering why the DPG didn't just try to take them to Sorna instead of the mainland)

DPG doesn't want to take them to the mainland. Claire wanted to take them to the sanctuary, which is an island like Sorna.
Also, it's pretty clear that all thethe remaining dinosaurs are on Nublar. So either the Sorna dinosaurs have been taken from there to Nublar in 2005, or they just went extinct. Like, you don't need to make further exposition, or at least I really didn't need that from the movie.

Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:40 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Spoiler:
really pissed him off.
Well, actually
Spoiler:

I think they left the explanations about the
Spoiler:

What Chris Stuckmann meant was that since Sorna is still canon and that dinosaurs from this Island were moved to Isla Nublar for Jurassic World, then

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby.
Spoiler:

And I agree with that. The movie would make way more sense if
there was a plan to Transport dinos to Isla Sorna in the 1st place, then surprisingly main heroes would be doublecrossed and dinos were kidnapped onto mainland.
Spoiler:

But that I guess would make it into TLW 2.0 and People would complain about nothing new.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am

PS. As a matter of fact there was an Information, that Sorna indeed was present in the 1st Version of script, but Studio refused this idea. I really want to know more.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am

IllOrfanato wrote:

What Chris Stuckmann meant was that since Sorna is still canon and that dinosaurs from this Island were moved to Isla Nublar for Jurassic World, then

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby

But that's exactly what the characters wanted to do, bring them to an island (not Sorna, but whatever). But then Mills took them to the mainland for the auction.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 am

Just a reminder to everyone. Don't let a critic or anybody else affect your own personal judgement of a film. In the end, YOUR opinion is the only one that matters. Art is largely subjective, and we all put significance on different aspects of each film we see. Dialogue may be the most important factor of a film to one person. Special effects to another.

Regardless of how you might feel about the film, you don't need to justify your opinion to others.

- Cheers

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:08 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Just a reminder to everyone. Don't let a critic affect your own personal judgement of a film. In the end, YOUR opinion is the only one that matters.Don't let anybody try to change that.

- Cheers

Well said. I actually enjoyed the movie so much. No negative reviews will change my mind on this. The only thing that I would have hoped is that more people liked this film as much as I did. Seems like they can't see the good stuff, only the bad stuff.

Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:29 am

owenpratt wrote:
IllOrfanato wrote:

why do main characters need to carry dinos onto mainland, when you have empty Island nearby

But that's exactly what the characters wanted to do, bring them to an island (not Sorna, but whatever). But then Mills took them to the mainland for the auction.

But where in the movie is it stated, that

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:33 am

owenpratt wrote:
Well said. I actually enjoyed the movie so much. No negative reviews will change my mind on this. The only thing that I would have hoped is that more people liked this film as much as I did. Seems like they can't see the good stuff, only the bad stuff.

That's a good attitude to have. Never be ashamed of the fact that you got more enjoyment out of something than someone else did Ooooh Right!

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 am

I completely agree with the points above. While reviewers bring up good points, you should not let their opinion influence your own- people have different tastes, and can dislike or like the same movie for different reasons.
As for stuckmann's review...I mean, not to disrespect, but...isn't he the guy who's responsible for that hillariously awful "tell that to zod's snapped neck" rewrite of bvs? Very Happy
Also, i'm pretty sure he gave Jurassic World a (mostly) positive review back in 2015, yet now he claims he was "dissapointed" by it? Did he change his opinion?

Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:

I watched his review last night and it crushed me Sad

It wasn't that i took it personal or anything, it was just i was hearing some stuff i'm probably really going to agree with. And he liked JW for goodness sake.

Anyone else seeing it tonight in North America?

minor spoilers

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next