Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?

Go down 
+5
Rhedosaurus
owenpratt
Bbrink1996
Robotpo
Dr. Wu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Empty
PostSubject: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:54 pm

For those who didn't hear it here is the quote by Mills. "Let me give you a bit of history: this is where it all began. Lockwood Estate. Before the island, Sorna, Jurassic Park. All of it. Hammond and Lockwood built a custom lab in the subbasement and extracted the first DNA from amber, right beneath our feet".

Were you very surprised?

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Happy...maybe not terribly surprised, since it was just a slight reference, but glad it was in there.
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:16 am

"Maybe now people can stop this whole "Sorna not being canon" nonsense."
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 am

Bbrink1996 wrote:
"Maybe now people can stop this whole "Sorna not being canon" nonsense."

Same ahah but at the same time I was like "Nah, they will still find a reason to complain" lol

No, actually I just smiled. It was cool to hear that name again.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Happy that it's still canon, hate how it was treated via the sites.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Happy that it's still canon, hate how it was treated via the sites.

Agreed. A little more explanation in the film would have taken care of all this. At least the sites give us something and I think they did their best with what they were given to work with.

Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:34 am

Something I just noticed when rewatching TLW that is kind of relevant, they never explain what happened to Nublar after JP. Are there still dinosaurs there? If so, why aren't Ingen harvesting them too? Why doesn't Hammond also see Nublar as a biological preserve that must be protected if there are wild dinosaurs there too? Did it get bombed like the novel?

If sites like this existed in 1997 we would probably be asking these questions!
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 7:46 am

Isn't there a deleted scene (the one with Peter Ludlow at the InGen conference) that explains that? He's referring to some sort of a disposal of "organic and in-organic facilities". Could it be the 1994 Nublar cleanup that the DPG mentioned? Also, good point about Hammond, I wondered about that myself. Perhaps he thought Nublar would not work as an ecosystem? That it was basically doomed?

As for the mention, I was pleasently surprised. I remember some people reacting quietly in the theater too when Sorna was mentioned. I just wish they will elaborate more on Sorna's status in the future, because I feel FK didn't touch on that quite enough (i'm mostly interested if there are any remaining populations).
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 am

Dv-218 wrote:
Also, good point about Hammond, I wondered about that myself. Perhaps he thought Nublar would not work as an ecosystem? That it was basically doomed?

Yeah that seems to be the most likely explanation. I just checked the Ingen list and in just one year Rexy had already killed off 6/15 parasaurolophus and 15/24 gallimimus. It also states that she had attempted to hunt brachiosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:34 am

Yeah, that does make sense now. At that time, sorna's population numbers simply were more stable than nublar's, so Hammond played priorities there.
Also, DAMN rexy in her prime was a beast...
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:54 pm

"Hey! Isla Sorna! I know that place!" Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?   When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When you heard Sorna being mentioned in JW:FK how did that make you feel?
Page 1 of 1