Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"Call the police"

Go down 
+9
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Robotpo
Lost
Sickle_Claw
Dv-218
CT-1138
owenpratt
13 posters
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Lockwood got mad at Mills, and told him to call the police.

But what would Mills have said if he really called the police?

"Good evening, agent, I warn you that I'm illegally selling dinosaurs. Oh, yes, Mr Lockwood here actually took them illegally from Nublar"

"You both will be arrested"

What was Lockwood thinking??

Both men did an illegal thing, so both would get in trouble by calling the police.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93

Last edited by owenpratt on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Lockwood was a dying old man trying to do a good thing and had no knowledge of Mill's betrayal.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:03 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Lockwood was a dying old man trying to do a good thing and had no knowledge of Mill's betrayal.

But what Lockwood did was illegal.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Yeah, if Mills actually told the police "i'm selling dinosaurs", he would probably get arrested because of a very different reason haha Very Happy (and probably searched too lol).

But jokes aside, I agree. I don't understand why Lockwood didn't put that into consideration.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Actually, even if the mission didn't get sabotaged and the dinosaurs got transferred to the sanctuary, what legal consequences would Lockwood stumble upon?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Positive that Mills would have pinned the whole thing on Lockwood,

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Haha, good topic. I thought the naivety in that line was just mindblowing.

I imagine he would say something like:

"Good evening officer, I would like to turn myself in. I had an elaborate plan to auction off dinosaurs and create scary hybrid dinosaurs in my boss' basement but now that he has told me to turn myself in the gig is up".
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:29 pm

owenpratt wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

True. But still done with the best intentions. Though grand larceny is kinda less illegal than trafficking endangered species.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Lockwood's stinking rich...he probably has a legal team that can get him out of anything.

I mean, Lockwood would have had to reveal what he had done with Sanctuary at some point anyway - he'd probably get away with what's basically a philanthropist movement.

On top of which, Mills has been his loyal aide since college and it was probably inconceivable to Lockwood that Mills would actually not only defy him, but kill him...it seems like Benjamin was basically a trusting person, even to the end.

Remember Hammond built his park around automated computer systems, then hired the cheapest programmer he could find  to design them and constantly alienated him...clearly these dudes don't have greatest judgement.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

True. But still done with the best intentions. Though grand larceny is kinda less illegal than trafficking endangered species.

“Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions.”

I have nothing to add, just the perfect time for a quote.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Lockwood was dying anyways. I doubt he cared all that much about the repercussions. Seems like he just wanted to do one final good thing before he died. And since we're quoting previous films...

"It's our last chance at redemption."

"Call the police" Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:08 pm

But wouldn’t have calling the police put the animals in just as much danger at before? I can see the government just putting them down.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
But wouldn’t have calling the police put the animals in just as much danger at before? I can see the government just putting them down.
They'll probably be taken back to the island and be left to die.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 11:51 pm

I think he got so nervous and emotional in that scene he didn't think about it, he just wanted to end it. He also didn't know Mills was that cold hearted, probably.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

"Call the police" LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 am

Robotpo wrote:
Lockwood's stinking rich...he probably has a legal team that can get him out of anything.

I mean, Lockwood would have had to reveal what he had done with Sanctuary at some point anyway - he'd probably get away with what's basically a philanthropist movement.

On top of which, Mills has been his loyal aide since college and it was probably inconceivable to Lockwood that  Mills would actually not only defy him, but kill him...it seems like Benjamin was basically a trusting person, even to the end.

Remember Hammond built his park around automated computer systems, then hired the cheapest programmer he could find  to design them and constantly alienated him...clearly these dudes don't have greatest judgement.

I think this is the best answer, thank you!

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:56 am

Also they were relying on every single mercenary and customer at that auction (seemed like hundreds) not to tell the police. Was it supposed to be a black market?
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:26 pm

Mills: "hello, police? May I file a report? I was perparing to open a black market at Sir Benjamin Lockwood's estate. Now this black market would sell Dinosaurs stolen from Isla Nublar. As you can see, I file this report on myself, and I admit my guilt. But you see, this man, Mr. Lockwood was performing illegal activity too- the whole expedition to sell the dinosaurs was HIS plan. So, come and arrest him too, ok?"

Officer: "..........What?"

Mills: "Well, like I said, I was about to sell dinosaurs at the.."

Offcier: "Alright, "selling dinosaurs" is all I needed. Thank you sir. Gather up boys, we're gonna "crack" another case".

Mills: "no WAIT IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TH.."

Officer: "Prepare your bags before we unleash the dogs, pal".

Mills: "BUT WAIT TH."

Officer: "We're on our way Very Happy"

Mills: "Sh*t.."

DIRECTED BY J.A.BAYONA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
Mills: "hello, police? May I file a report? I was perparing to open a black market at Sir Benjamin Lockwood's estate. Now this black market would sell Dinosaurs stolen from Isla Nublar. As you can see, I file this report on myself, and I admit my guilt. But you see, this man, Mr. Lockwood was performing illegal activity too- the whole expedition to sell the dinosaurs was HIS plan. So, come and arrest him too, ok?"

Officer: "..........What?"

Mills: "Well, like I said, I was about to sell dinosaurs at the.."

Offcier: "Alright, "selling dinosaurs" is all I needed. Thank you sir. Gather up boys, we're gonna "crack" another case".

Mills: "no WAIT IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TH.."

Officer: "Prepare your bags before we unleash the dogs, pal".

Mills: "BUT WAIT TH."

Officer: "We're on our way Very Happy"

Mills: "Sh*t.."

DIRECTED BY J.A.BAYONA

Ahaha thanks for this, I laughed so much

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Lol you're welcome man Very Happy
But I agree that with all of his wealth Lockwood could have gotten away with this. Or alternatively, just reveal his plans to the public. Mills however, not so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 pm

I don't think Lockwood would really care if he was arrested. He was literally on his deathbed. Maisie would be sent to live with Iris, and Mills would be jailed for some sort of espionage/trafficking charges. Lockwood would more than likely get a reduced sentence. What's convenient is Mills got a whole brewing pot of arms/drug dealers to the Manor for the police to take into custody. That's like twenty birds with one stone. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:44 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
They'll probably be taken back to the island and be left to die.
but at that point it looks like there is no island left to go back to. It seems far more practical for the government to kill the animals or use them for themselves in some way. Which I hope is explored in JW3 tbh.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Also they were relying on every single mercenary and customer at that auction (seemed like hundreds) not to tell the police. Was it supposed to be a black market?

No doubt. Every single buyer there knew what they were doing was illegal.

*me imagining Mills putting Rexy on Craigslist Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Call the police" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Call the police"   "Call the police" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Call the police"
Page 1 of 1