Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

New Species in JW3? (spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 1:17 am

At the conclusion of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, we're told only eleven species survived (the count is higher) but we almost certainly see all of these specimens within the Lockwood Estate, kept safe until their release.

Do you feel this rules out the return of species not in the recent film, or inclusion of new dinosaurs, in Jurassic World 3? Would you see this as a retcon, given we don't see these animals at Lockwood's Estate, or would it be keeping the franchise's tradition alive, considering many FK species weren't referenced in either park, and some Sorna species weren't mentioned for Nublar, etc.?

( Assume for the purpose of the thread that no new dinosaurs are being cloned right now. )
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 am

I doubt it would rule out. Jurassic Park as a series isn't a stranger to retcons, especially regarding dinosaur species. If the filmmakers want to include new species in the next movie that weren't in FK, they are just gonna go ahead and do it.

At least this time, the filmmakers can justify it either with Wu's briefcase, or the fact that there could be more species captured by Wheatley other than the known 15 species ("you just couldn't see them because of the ruckus during the stampede!")

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 3:22 am

And with the dinosaurs being in the hands of other people other than Masrani/InGen, they will have the capacity to clone their own dinosaurs, as Wu mentioned. So, we may see Non-InGen dinosaurs in the next movie.
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 4:03 am

1morey wrote:
And with the dinosaurs being in the hands of other people other than Masrani/InGen, they will have the capacity to clone their own dinosaurs, as Wu mentioned. So, we may see Non-InGen dinosaurs in the next movie.
I was specifically excluding that possibility in the first post. That's something I would love to see the series do, but I'm just not sure it's happening in the next film. My basic expectation is a focus on recapturing the dinosaurs on the mainland and where they might go, which leaves us focused on the last of Masrani's specimens and Rexy.

I wanted to focus more on the meta-question of whether we might rather stick to the 'canon' established about the rescue and escape in Fallen Kingdom or throw in dinosaurs for dinosaurs' sake, as most of the films have.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 am

You're forgetting that the ability to create dinosaurs is now an open-source technology. They can literally include any species they want in the next movie, which is very exciting.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 am

JVM wrote:
1morey wrote:
I was specifically excluding that possibility in the first post. That's something I would love to see the series do, but I'm just not sure it's happening in the next film. My basic expectation is a focus on recapturing the dinosaurs on the mainland and where they might go, which leaves us focused on the last of Masrani's specimens and Rexy.

Colin has already confirmed that dinosaurs will be worldwide, and that the technology will be open-source in JW3.
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:03 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
You're forgetting that the ability to create dinosaurs is now an open-source technology. They can literally include any species they want in the next movie, which is very exciting.
Colin mentioned this before Fallen Kingdom was released and it didn't inform that film. I would be interested in that angle, I really would, but I'm not counting on it playing a part in the new film unless he brings it up again. Until then, I'm expecting more dealing with the dinosaurs already out there.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 4:42 am

JVM wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:
Colin mentioned this before Fallen Kingdom was released and it didn't inform that film. I would be interested in that angle, I really would, but I'm not counting on it playing a part in the new film unless he brings it up again. Until then, I'm expecting more dealing with the dinosaurs already out there.

He actually mentioned it again after FK was released.

Here is the interview where he confirms open-source and worldwide dinosaurs in JW3:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/06/22/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-burning-questions/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
JVM wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

He actually mentioned it again after FK was released.

Here is the interview where he confirms open-source and worldwide dinosaurs in JW3:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/06/22/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-burning-questions/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Thank you very much for the link. I've heard that specific quote somewhere else, but I guess I hadn't read the full interview because a lot of it was news to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Species in JW3? (spoilers)   New Species in JW3? (spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Species in JW3? (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1