Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.

Go down 
+5
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
Island Queen
Bionic
Troyal1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Empty
PostSubject: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 11:43 pm

I usually jump right on new releases right away, but tbh I was gonna hold off on FK because I’m still a bit salty about no deleted scenes. That being said I’m extremely interested and tempted to get the target version that has “bonus content” in terms of a extra special features. Usually these extra features aren’t anything spectacular but I’m a collector.

So any advice? Did you guys get it and which version.
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 7:26 am

Sadly I have to admit that I won't be buying it, which is a first for me with this franchise. I recently saw it again as an HD copy simply because I wanted to give it another chance but boy, upon second viewing the movie is even worse and really the lowpoint so far. I just have no desire to ever watch it again, I really wanted to like it but it's quite simply not a good film :-/

Last edited by Bionic on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:24 pm

I pre-ordered the Target Exclusive, but it never arrived, so I went to Walmart and got the 3D combo pack (I have both Jurassic Park and Jurassic World on 3D, so I might as well do the same with Fallen Kingdom. I don't like TLW and JP3 enough to actually own them, but I have seen them). If my pre-order does arrive, I might just keep them both, since I enjoy Fallen Kingdom more than JW (but not more than JP, since nothing beats the original). The bonus features are a little short, but they are enjoyable, and they have a new Barbosal featurette like Jurassic World did (different clips, though).Very Happy

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 pm

I might buy a copy, but only for the sake of being a completionist and to find anything good that I missed...which I have little hope of.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 11:39 am

Island Queen wrote:
I pre-ordered the Target Exclusive, but it never arrived, so I went to Walmart and got the 3D combo pack (I have both Jurassic Park and Jurassic World on 3D, so I might as well do the same with Fallen Kingdom. I don't like TLW and JP3 enough to actually own them, but I have seen them). If my pre-order does arrive, I might just keep them both, since I enjoy Fallen Kingdom more than JW (but not more than JP, since nothing beats the original). The bonus features are a little short, but they are enjoyable, and they have a new Barbosal featurette like Jurassic World did (different clips, though).Very Happy

I’m sorry to hear that. If your pre order ever arrives would you be kind enough to tell me what bonuses are included? Thank you
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:37 pm

I just got an email that my pre-order has shipped, so as long as our mail service doesn't go on strike (this seems to come up every five years or so, due to more people shopping online), I'll let you know what the extra bonus features are. Very Happy

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm getting the 4k Blu ray next week (doesn't come out here until next Wed)!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Some of the Target features are on youtube, if you're curious. I wouldn't recommend buying any of the FK Blu-Rays/DVDs for the special features, though. They are all kind of meh, and most of them are about the mansion's set pieces or the actors/filmmakers talking about how proud they are to be working on the movie (there's very little about the dinosaurs or the VFX, which I imagine is what most of us would be interested in). There's no obscure information in any of them, and you will have to constantly endure Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard making annoying jokes at the camera.

Though if you really want a physical copy of Fallen Kingdom, I would recommend the Target version, simply because it's the only version whose cover doesn't look like crap (seriously, someone was paid to make this)

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 pm

I was going to echo what Mr. Robustus stuff -- special features these days are filmed more like motions promotional trailers than anything else.

I own the previous four films on DVD and Blu (and I own very few Blu-rays) and just bought FK for both formats. I've not much interest in the Target release because the features sound like more of the above.

Utterly shocked they didn't try to milk a single special feature out of New Dinosaurs.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm

I went and bought the blu ray just to say I had it, because I have the other 4 movies on blu ray as well.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 7:06 pm

I rewatched the film again on 4k Blu ray & I have to say this film deserves no hate, it is such a fun action/horror adventure film with some great scenes throughout. Still a solid 7.5/10 for me behind JP & TLW.
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 10:06 pm

I got my copy last week. Here's what is included on the bonus disc (which is a DVD, not a Blu-ray):

Hollywood Royalty
Fallen Kingdom: The Villains
To Live and Die in Jurassic World
Zia & Wheatley
The Fallen Kingdom Rises: Production Design
Secret Revealed: Maisie
Giacchino/Bayona

Like with the Blu-ray, the featurettes are short, but they are interesting (I just wish there was more on the volcano, oh well. Luckily, I printed out everything I found on it on the Dinosaur Protection Group website, so it's better than nothing).

I agree that Fallen Kingdom gets way too much hate, since I thought that I wouldn't like it because I was so worried about Isla Nublar. This got me curious enough about volcanoes that I started researching them (I'm more of an amateur, but I'm seriously thinking about doing it professionally), so now I love it! I even moved it up a notch so that it's now my second favorite (after the original, of course), and Jurassic World third. Very Happy

Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 2:48 am

When it's silly B-movie monstertrash then it deserves every ounce of hate. It really pisses me off when the writers think that they can take audiences for fools and just throw any nonsense on the screen. Really can't rate it higher than 04/10.
This is now reaching into the same levels as the last Terminator, Alien, Die Hard,...or even the mostly lame Transformers sequels. Haven't seen the newest Predator but apparently it's also pretty bad. See a pattern here? Indiana Jones 5 will probably also be a disappointment, even if Spielberg is doing it again.

Last edited by Bionic on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 am

Even though the movie is trash to you Bionic but there are fans that do love the film and don't see it as a B-movie (including myself).

Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 6:48 pm

So what? The script is undeniably terrible, that's a fact. And it's very much a b-movie when the story only happens due to the complete idiocy of all the characters, with cringe inducing dialogue, countless plotholes, seemingly endless repetitive dino-ex-machina moments with Rexy and pet velociraptor saving the protagonists (well...because we couldn't come up with anything else), the dinos being used like pokemons, a lame monstersaurus that acts like the boogeyman, cartoon villains and unfunny forced comedy thanks to a god-awful sidekick whom you just want to feed to the dinos so that he finally shuts up.
It's basically Carnosaur, just with better special effects.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Bionic, if you going to be constantly negative & rip every little part of film apart go & spread your opinion elsewhere, this is the FK Blu ray thread, thanks...
Back to top Go down
Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:21 pm

You said it deserves no hate and I'm just stating why that's not the case ;-)
The opening sequence and Ian's first scene are pretty great, I give you that. But after that it just keeps getting worse.
That's all.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Bionic wrote:
So what? The script is undeniably terrible, that's a fact. And it's very much a b-movie when the story only happens due to the complete idiocy of all the characters, with cringe inducing dialogue, countless plotholes, seemingly endless repetitive dino-ex-machina moments with Rexy and pet velociraptor  saving the protagonists (well...because we couldn't come up with anything else), the dinos being used like pokemons, a lame monstersaurus that acts like the boogeyman, cartoon villains and unfunny forced comedy thanks to a god-awful sidekick whom you just want to feed to the dinos so that he finally shuts up.
It's basically Carnosaur, just with better special effects.

The script isn't great but it's still not terrible (IMO the script is okay). You have opinions like everyone else but you saying your opinions are "facts" is just ridiculous.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 6:48 am

Do you think the general belief that JP is a classic and one of the defining movies of Spielberg's career is ridiculous too?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 am

No but if some people feel that way it doesn't mean they're wrong. It's all opinions. I love the Jurassic Park franchise but many only love the the original.

Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 2:55 am

I bought the Blu-Ray/DVD combo, but I've not bothered with the special features yet. I'm like, curious about them in general, but none of them sound interesting on their own.

Remain shocked there's no simple "The Dinosaurs of Fallen Kingdom" featurette or something.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Island Queen wrote:
I got my copy last week. Here's what is included on the bonus disc (which is a DVD, not a Blu-ray):

Hollywood Royalty
Fallen Kingdom: The Villains
To Live and Die in Jurassic World
Zia & Wheatley
The Fallen Kingdom Rises: Production Design
Secret Revealed: Maisie
Giacchino/Bayona

Like with the Blu-ray, the featurettes are short, but they are interesting (I just wish there was more on the volcano, oh well. Luckily, I printed out everything I found on it on the Dinosaur Protection Group website, so it's better than nothing).

I agree that Fallen Kingdom gets way too much hate, since I thought that I wouldn't like it because I was so worried about Isla Nublar. This got me curious enough about volcanoes that I started researching them (I'm more of an amateur, but I'm seriously thinking about doing it professionally), so now I love it! I even moved it up a notch so that it's now my second favorite (after the original, of course), and Jurassic World third. Very Happy

Appreciate the detailed response! Looks like I’m far too late to get the target edition though. Oh well I’m sure most of the stuff will be on YouTube eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.   Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone picking up FK on Blu-ray? Trying to decide about the target version.
Page 1 of 1