Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Why so slow - where'd everybody go?

Go down 
+6
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
CT-1138
TyrannosaurTJ
Tyrant Lizard
Robotpo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Empty
PostSubject: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I was just wondering why conversation seems to have slowed down so much around here post-FK? There are still some of us left, but it just seems reeallly sluggissh for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 pm

It's not unusual for there to be a dead period between films. It happened on JPLegacy as well, although that board obviously had much more traffic in general.

Also, whereas JW was a surprise hit that ended up getting relatively positive reviews, thus creating an environment in which people were eager to discuss the franchise post-release, the mediocre/negative reception to FK I feel has put a bit of a damper on conversation.

I think it's important that us longtime members of the JP community work to create a positive environment that's inviting to newcomers. That, I feel, is the best thing we can do in the interim to keep interest up during these breaks. That and just keeping conversation going as much as possible and making others aware of MF whenever we get a chance.

The last thing we need is a septic environment in which potential newcomers are scared off or longtime fans are chased away by ceaseless pessimism.

Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 8:25 am

Another factor is the social media prevalence and slow burn out of the fan forum. Facebook and many others offer an "all-in-one" place to not only communicate with friends and family, but also fans as well. So there's this in conjunction with all the things Tyrant Lizard said.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Another factor is that it's this time of year. Not just here, but all the fan forums I'm on are extra slow right now simply because it's a time of year where people are preparing for Christmas and Hanukkah parties, going out with friends for holiday activities, and students are studying for finals. I myself am pretty booked up this weekend. I'm going to a Christmas jazz concert in downtown Chicago tonight, and then a friend invited me to his company Christmas party tomorrow night.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
The last thing we need is a septic environment in which potential newcomers are scared off or longtime fans are chased away by ceaseless pessimism.

Which has been allowed to run rampant over the last 2 years or so. This will change in the coming year. The forum will be fun again.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Which has been allowed to run rampant over the last 2 years or so. This will change in the coming year. The forum will be fun again.

#MMFA!

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Yeah as others have said it feels like a dead period but i guarantee you things will pick up again soon.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Key will be to beat out the pessimism and rampant toxicity of the forum should it return in full force so it has no place in the community here. No one likes an unhealthy environment and it's always a pain to try to weed it out because it doesn't follow the message board rules. I know when I would single it out it would prove to be unpopular to many and also people somehow kept piling out of the Volkswagen with it to boot.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Only speaking for myself, I kind of just left because I fell out of the franchise for a while, and then I honestly forgot about this place. I picked it up again after discovering the JP sub on Reddit.

But yeah, holidays, in-between movie releases, and perhaps how guests have perceived the forum have combined to create a lack of activity. It happens everywhere that I've been a part of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 pm

I had some personal issues I had to work through, I've been busy working on my web series, and I just got X Box live for the first time in my life, so that pretty much has taken up all of my free time.

I'm sure I'll be back here to discuss JW3 with you all when that movie comes out.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I just got X Box live for the first time in my life, so that pretty much has taken up all of my free time.

Likewise, I just got on Twitter a few days ago and I'm already addicted. Razz

I'm following the people from here I could so far (but not in a stalking kind-of way).
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Having a hard time with University, aside from that, I'll be back soon!

PS: Love you guys! Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Why so slow - where'd everybody go? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Nice you see you Spinosaur! :p

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Ha! My finals were over on the 15th. Suck it, bitches! Razz

Why so slow - where'd everybody go? D5J8yY5

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 1:22 pm

After the holidays, a renewed interest to get the forum active like it was back in the summer will begin.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 11:44 pm

There are Jurassic Park World groups on Facebook with over 20,000 fans.

There they post, share, debate any and all Jurassic related topics with feedback from thousands of fans so the need to find a fan forum outside of that is not as significant as it was before Facebook groups became big.

So the reason why the forum slowed down is not really because of anyone here doing anything wrong really but rather because Facebook already has everything a fan forum has (No offense intended to anyone here by the way. Just pointing out the cause of the question).

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so slow - where'd everybody go?   Why so slow - where'd everybody go? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why so slow - where'd everybody go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: