Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jurassic Boy
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Boy

Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Empty
PostSubject: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 8:19 pm

First of all, a happy greeting to my fellow forum members as this is my first post.

So coming straight to the topic, I was the owner of a sticker album of The Lost World back in grade six in my country and it was distributed by a company called Merlin. They even had their logo illustrated on it.

The scheme was to collect stickers and fill up the missing pics of the story. Once the album was complete it could be returned for prizes including a sports bike.

They even had one for Space Jam as well. The albums and separately sold stickers were sold back in 1999. They were both popular at school and amongst other kids my age group.

At the beginning of the album, there was a pic of Cathy Bowman as a sticker which needed to be added. It showed a picture of a girl who was clearly not Camilla Belle.

What's more is she was wearing sports shoes, which we don't see anywhere on Camilla Belle's Cathy Bowman.

She is around the same age as Camilla Belle and is even wearing the same clothes and even looks quite similar, but not enough to fool the viewer that it is indeed Camilla Belle.

When I re-visited my country back in 2017, I took the Merlin sticker album off my shelf in my room and looked at it. It confirmed my previous questioning. That she is indeed not Camilla Belle and her wearing sports shoes re-verified it.

My curiosity is was she a substitute to Camilla Belle on the production of this sticker album? Was she an original audition? Or was she a fill in for Camilla Belle after she failed or declined the role for photography for the sticker album merchandise?

Most of all, who exactly is this actress? Where is she now? What does she do?

I can post a pic of her as Cathy Bowman if you like, although the quality is not 100% good. Even if you don't recognize her, you will recognize without difficulty that she is definitely not Camille Belle.  

Thank you for any answers & discussion on this. Moreover, hope you enjoy your investigation mission with me Ooooh Right!
Update: To ensure the pic doesn't get lost in the thread, I've added it to this post. Click to enlarge. Anyone know who she is?
Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Screen10

Last edited by Jurassic Boy on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Jurassic Boy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jurassic Boy
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Boy

PostSubject: Re: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 am

Here is the image of the sticker album franchised by Merlin. I can even post the pic of the original Cathy Bowman

Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Merlin11
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Boy
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Boy

PostSubject: Re: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 6:05 pm

Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Jurass10

That is the first page inside of the album. Click in it to enlarge. I can provide a pic for Cathy Bowman.
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 11:33 pm

You could possibly ask Camilla Belle on Instagram if she knows. She seems fairly active there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Jurassic Boy
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Boy

PostSubject: Re: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Megatronus Rex wrote:
You could possibly ask Camilla Belle on Instagram if she knows. She seems fairly active there.

Here is the pic of the original Cathy Bowman. I don't know who she is, but if you see the enlarged image you can tell it's definitely not Camilla Belle nor do we see Camilla Belle wearing shoes. Do you know who she is?
Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Screen10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.   Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Original Cathy Bowman cast member from The Lost World.
Page 1 of 1