Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm

It looks like Devin Faraci is coming back...provided he even left in the first place.

How does this guy keep getting work?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I had heard he was planning on it. He wants to go back to more dramatic roles like the ones he plays in "Schindler's List" and "Michael Collins".
as long as he keeps acting, i'm happy Wink 

on Emmerich...yeah, it sounds like a bad fit and the concept of the movie sounds like it's just a Dunkirk imitator

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I had heard he was planning on it. He wants to go back to more dramatic roles like the ones he plays in "Schindler's List" and "Michael Collins".

As long as his films are good more power to him imo.

Won't lie though, I love action Liam. It'd be cool to get one last iconic action movie out of him.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 pm

What do you guys think about the new trailer for 'Downsizing' ?

I think it looks silly but extremely interesting at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Many in Hollywood are doubling down on hating Trump and his supporters.

If these people don't get that this is part of the reason why so many people don't go to movies, and that they actually HELPED get Trump elected to begin with, then nothing will. You don't succeed in making money or convincing others by trashing so much of your potential audience. GB2016, anybody?

I'm just going to re-post an earlier post here.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like J-Law may have damaged her chances of her new movie doing well.

She basically implied that America deserves the hurricanes for voting in Trump as president.

When are movie studios going to consider issuing gag orders or something via actors/actresses talking politics? Crap like this is part of the reason why people don't see movies as much.

Not only that, but it's part of the reason why Trump got elected in the first place. Watch this video from 1:38 on.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 pm

Just saw 'Mother!'

I want to start by stating two things.

1.  The marketing is a straight up lie. This is neither a horror movie or thriller in ANY sense of the word. What in gods name were they thinking? Many people are going back for a refund on this one.

2. It is both the worst and possibly the best movie I've seen in a while. Sound extreme? That's because this experience was extreme. I've never seen such an abstract movie in a theater with this kind of marketing and a huge cast. It's basically one big art project of ideas. But.... I can not stop thinking about it......

My review and then I'll spoiler tag what I think the movie is trying to say.

The movie is one big metaphor.

The problem with this movie is that it really hits you over the head with this fact over and over again until you want to walk out. It's almost like the director doesn't believe that you get his ideas so he repeats them constantly to the point of sheer exhaustion and punishment. And then there is nothing else to the film besides the metaphor!

The movie is just Lawrence going from room to room finding and doing weird sh*t. There isn't really an engaging story or really any story at all. And by the time I got super interested it was 1 hour and 40 minutes too late and I was extremely frustrated and bored. There are no standout performances or moments besides the end that make you say "wow". The film felt 3 hours long.
The movie would have been far better served up with a more cohesive plot surrounding the weirdness and metaphor like 'Black Swan' or maybe even a short film.

What I think the metaphor is.

Spoiler:

There are some really interesting ideas in the film.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:08 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Just saw 'Mother!'

1.  The marketing is a straight up lie. This is neither a horror movie or thriller in ANY sense of the word. What in gods name were they thinking? Many people are going back for a refund on this one.

2. It is both the worst and possibly the best movie I've seen in a while. Sound extreme? That's because this experience was extreme. I've never seen such an abstract movie in a theater with this kind of marketing and a huge cast. It's basically one big art project of ideas. But.... I can not stop thinking about it......

The problem with this movie is that it really hits you over the head with this fact over and over again until you want to walk out. It's almost like the director doesn't believe that you get his ideas so he repeats them constantly to the point of sheer exhaustion and punishment. And then there is nothing else to the film besides the metaphor!

The movie is just Lawrence going from room to room finding and doing weird sh*t. There isn't really an engaging story or really any story at all. And by the time I got super interested it was 1 hour and 40 minutes too late and I was extremely frustrated and bored. There are no standout performances or moments besides the end that make you say "wow". The film felt 3 hours long.
The movie would have been far better served up with a more cohesive plot surrounding the weirdness and metaphor like 'Black Swan' or maybe even a short film.

Spoiler:

So I guess its true JLaw did tell her boyfriend that he was disturbed after she read the script and went ahead anyway bc she was in love with him (he's the director)

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 12:40 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Just saw 'Mother!'

Spoiler:

So I guess its true JLaw did tell her boyfriend that he was disturbed after she read the script and went ahead anyway bc she was in love with him (he's the director)

The more I think about the film though, the more i really like it. I know how contradictory that sounds, but the movie has incredible ideas.

It's just so very abstract. A lot of the critics I've seen on YouTube are agreeing with me that it took them a while to see how they felt. It's very much like digesting food I believe.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm

It looks like J-Law's new movie, Mother!, is going to be a flop.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah like Troyal said I've heard from other critics that the movie is very pretentious and constantly beats you over the head with the metaphor.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah like Troyal said I've heard from other critics that the movie is very pretentious and constantly beats you over the head with the metaphor.

Her hurricane comment did the most damage with the GA though.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https:

mother! gets a Cinemascope of F.

Wow. So seems everyone hates it.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https:

She said that she's taking a 2 year break. Hopefully, she wises up and learns to keep her mouth shut more often.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https:

She said that she's taking a 2 year break. Hopefully, she wises up and learns to keep her mouth shut more often.

Man, Paramount Pictures just cannot can't a break these days can they?!

After a string of underwhelming box office results, flops and bad investments, they better start investing in smarter movie ideas otherwise they will go under before Sony Pictures does.

1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:11 pm

I think the cast and crew would view the F score as more of an accomplishment than anything. This film wasn't made for the GA. Not even close. They weren't even in mind. This movie was made as an art project for Darren and his fans with a bunch of popular celebrities I think, rather than a movie. I mean the rough draft was written in 5 days. The marketing was dirty but I have no clue how else you'd market it without giving everything away. Paramount saw this as an opportunity to try and cash in on Lawrence and other big actors before awards season probably. And again false advertising.

Like one of my favorite critics from double toasted gave it a full price but said "don't go see it". Same with Chris Stuckman. He gave an A-  but really wasn't raving about why you should see it. Which is very odd. But that's the sentiment I've seen even among people like myself. It really leaves you with an odd feeling. Like you were in a accident and you are just shocked.

Like I said in the private DM it's both the best and worst movie I've seen in a long time. So abstract.

I'm definitely watching it again and I think I'm going to be in the camp that likes it for what it is. The HORRIBLE word of mouth and "IT" is what will kill this movie box office wise. I don't believe her infuriating comments have much to do with it at all as lots of people probably agree with her(scary) or don't even know.

Killing them softly is another example of a movie with an F on cinemascore. I believe for many the F is a knee jerk reaction because they were sold on a horror thriller, and yet got an extremely pretentious art project instead. It was probably a pretty big shock to anyone not knowing what they were in for. I knew what I was in for and I was still just like ??? And shocked.

I'm not blaming the audience at all. But that's what I think happened.

This will be his most divisive movie among fans of his like myself I believe.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:23 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https:

Man, Paramount Pictures just cannot can't a break these days can they?!

After a string of underwhelming box office results, flops and bad investments, they better start investing in smarter movie ideas otherwise they will go under before Sony Pictures does.

Actually, Paramount already has a head start. Depending on what you read, Vicom/Paramount is at least $12 billion in debt. But I have heard that it's $14 billion.

I honestly think that they gave James Cameron the Terminator rights back in exchange for him making Terminator movies for them. (Although, given their position, Paramount had to have given Cameron most of the overall power. Think of like how Fox was with George Lucas via the prequels.) At this point, given how the Transformers franchise has been rendered so toxic and how Star Trek is a mess, Terminator and James Cameron are the only thing Paramount has going for them.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

https:

How about her taking a break from insulting innocent people and insinuating the victims deserved the hurricane? And just stick to acting.

Doubtful but I can dream.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Actually, Paramount already has a head start. Depending on what you read, Vicom/Paramount is at least $12 billion in debt. But I have heard that it's $14 billion.  

I honestly think that they gave James Cameron the Terminator rights back in exchange for him making Terminator movies for them. (Although, given their position, Paramount had to have given Cameron most of the overall power. Think of like how Fox was with George Lucas via the prequels.) At this point, given how the Transformers franchise has been rendered so toxic and how Star Trek is a mess, Terminator and James Cameron are the only thing Paramount has going for them.

I have to wonder what's stopping them from seeking out other ideas, other properties to replace Transformers as their biggest box office IP. Let's say I was a successful producer, director screenwriter and I wanted to pitch an idea to them that had huge potential to be a hit and the option for sequels, what would stop them from taking that on as a serious investment? Is it the fact they're cripplingly in debt?

Also, in addition to Terminator, Paramount does have the still relatively strong Mission: Impossible franchise, which might have a good chance in 2018.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 6:04 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I have to wonder what's stopping them from seeking out other ideas, other properties to replace Transformers as their biggest box office IP. Let's say I was a successful producer, director screenwriter and I wanted to pitch an idea to them that had huge potential to be a hit and the option for sequels, what would stop them from taking that on as a serious investment? Is it the fact they're cripplingly in debt?

Also, in addition to Terminator, Paramount does have the still relatively strong Mission: Impossible franchise, which might have a good chance in 2018.

That could be part of it. Sony's in bad shape, but at least they are trying to get out of debt by throwing everything they can think of and hoping it will work. That and there's the chance of the Sony mother company bailing them out. Paramount/Viacom doesn't have that. As for not trying things that work, it's the mindset of them not losing what little they have left by doing something new for the fear of finishing themselves off. I just think they are waiting for somebody to buy them at this point.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:04 pm

I thought some of you guys might be interested in this, a high quality restoration of the very first dinosaur classic, arriving on 19th September. Needless to say, this is probably the version for any film fan or dinosaur to buy.

The Lost World (1925) blu ray review

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I thought some of you guys might be interested in this, a high quality restoration of the very first dinosaur classic, arriving on 19th September. Needless to say, this is probably the version for any film fan or dinosaur to buy.

The Lost World (1925) blu ray review

Thanks for the heads up. Very Happy Although, I've already got the Image Entertainment DVD, which until this came out, had 90% of the original footage and thus was the best, I do want this DVD. Besides, the extras, including The Ghost Of Slumber Mountain, are worth having.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

I was looking more at cinemascore and the emoji movie has a B lol. I'm not sure that site accounts for too much.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I won't lie I'm intrigued. But the style of the words up on screen looks terrible and fan made to me.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

No joke, I was actually watching Chris Stuckmann's gushing Hilariocity review for Lara Croft: Tomb Raider a few hours before this trailer dropped. It's going to be interesting if this one actually manages to be good rather than stupid and cheesy but entertaining.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

No joke, I was actually watching Chris Stuckmann's gushing Hilariocity review for Lara Croft: Tomb Raider a few hours before this trailer dropped. It's going to be interesting if this one actually manages to be good rather than stupid and cheesy but entertaining.

To be fair, Angelina Jolie really does Lara Croft justice. That and that movie was one of the better movies of 2001.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:22 am

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 11:58 am

I have to say I liked the Tomb Raider trailer. Does it seem a lot like they are remaking the 2013 Tomb Raider game? Yes it does but to be honest this is probably a good thing.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Was having a slow day so I got the chance to go check out 'Wind River' with my mom.

It was no masterpiece in my eyes. But it was a very gritty and entertaining thriller.

It also relates to a very real issue I wasn't even aware existed.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   1 - General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 26 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next