Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
+31
Randomosaur
SmugTheFab
Camarasaur8
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Spinosaur4.4
Minmi
Theta Rex
tigris115
Lord Kristine
JPMalcolmDilo
Rhedosaurus
evolution_rex
Fossildude747
Dr. Wu
Raptor Blue
TheRexMan22
CaptainNoodles
Katana
Gojira2014
CloneTrooper101
Prowler
CT-1138
Levine
Sickle_Claw
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Dead2009
Océane
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 7:25 pm

/\ This.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Océane wrote:
Diego, I'm sorry you feel this way, but in some ways Angus is right; you operate on a cycle of hurting your friends feelings, make them have a guilt trip, and then theaten to commit suicide. Some people just can't deal with it that long, especially when they have disagreeing political opinions.

Dead2009 wrote:
Like I told you in private the other day, not everyone is going to agree with your thoughts and now you've pushed too far and people are pissed at you.

To be honest, I can't help but wonder if you're getting kicks out of these suicide threats and making people all worried about you. "If I go, then I might as well make as much people as miserable as I can." You keep on claiming that this site, and before JPL, was basically the one/main thing that kept you alive. Yet, between you getting short tempered and butthurt whenever somebody disagrees with you or has legitimate points you go off in tizzy. Case in point, remember how you downvoted me and Tyrant Lizard for disagreeing with you?

Based on that behavior and well as this, I honestly believe that you are a very selfish person who's thinking about committing suicide simply because of how people disagree with you and that you think people suck in general for having disagreements with you. The only reason why none of the admins/mods were this blunt with you is because they didn't want to have the guilt of being the ones who inadvertently pushed you over the edge.

^^^
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Diego, whether you're a nice person or a mean one, you are important. Your life is precious and you are so very valuable.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 6:18 pm

I knew it!

Okay guys so you know I have a lot of health issues(I think lol).
But if you aren’t aware of the specifics I have been trying to get a diagnosis of Sleep Apnea for about.. umm almost 2 years I suppose. I have had two sleep tests that have all shown me as fine. However deep down I know I am not.

I have nights where I’m gasping for air and on those following days I feel terrible. An indescribable kind of terrible but I’ll try and explain. Imagine walking out in the snow completely naked. You should shiver a lot correct? Probably shaking uncontrollably. Well, that’s what It feels like INSIDE me for about 4-5 hours after I wake up each day. I call it my “inner tremor” as if you touched me you would not feel anything. There’s more but that’s the most important.

Anyway my doctor wanted me to do something called an Oximetry test. In case you aren’t aware what that is I’m sure you’ll know when I describe it. It’s that clip they put on your finger to measure oxygen. So I got sent home with one. So I put it on for two nights while I sleep and it will measure abnormal or normal oxygen levels and record.

And finally it showed something. My oxygen is dropping down to 65%. Abnormal is below 88%. My head has been spinning all day as the doctor has ordered that I have to wear oxygen at night ASAP. The crazy thing is though we still don’t understand WHY. The sleep studies are not showing a drop in breathing(which is what Apnea is, you stop breathing throughout the night) yet I have proof that something is going on.

We are going to do a third test for Apnea probably. But I am both relieved and terrified at the same time. If it showed nothing I’d be frustrated. Now that it showed something I’m scared. Funny how the mind works. It’s nice to know the facts that there is something wrong I suppose.

But I’m only 23 years old. I don’t eat the best and I could stand to loose weight for sure. And I’m addicted to tons of meds(from a doctor) that I think are feeding into this.

Anyway yea please just keep me in your thoughts. I don’t want this to be a pity party thread but I just learned this and feel like you guys are the only ones who would actually read this. And I just needed to get this info off my chest and share it. It’s blowing off steam Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I knew it!

But if you aren’t aware of the specifics I have been trying to get a diagnosis of Sleep Apnea for about.. umm almost 2 years I suppose. I have had two sleep tests that have all shown me as fine. However deep down I know I am not.

I have nights where I’m gasping for air and on those following days I feel terrible. An indescribable kind of terrible but I’ll try and explain. Imagine walking out in the snow completely naked. You should shiver a lot correct? Probably shaking uncontrollably. Well, that’s what It feels like INSIDE me for about 4-5 hours after I wake up each day. I call it my “inner tremor” as if you touched me you would not feel anything. There’s more but that’s the most important.

Anyway my doctor wanted me to do something called an Oximetry test. In case you aren’t aware what that is I’m sure you’ll know when I describe it. It’s that clip they put on your finger to measure oxygen. So I got sent home with one. So I put it on for two nights while I sleep and it will measure abnormal or normal oxygen levels and record.

And finally it showed something. My oxygen is dropping down to 65%. Abnormal is below 88%. My head has been spinning all day as the doctor has ordered that I have to wear oxygen at night ASAP. The crazy thing is though we still don’t understand WHY. The sleep studies are not showing a drop in breathing(which is what Apnea is, you stop breathing throughout the night) yet I have proof that something is going on.

We are going to do a third test for Apnea probably. But I am both relieved and terrified at the same time. If it showed nothing I’d be frustrated. Now that it showed something I’m scared. Funny how the mind works. It’s nice to know the facts that there is something wrong I suppose.

But I’m only 23 years old. I don’t eat the best and I could stand to loose weight for sure. And I’m addicted to tons of meds(from a doctor) that I think are feeding into this.

Anyway yea please just keep me in your thoughts. I don’t want this to be a pity party thread but I just learned this and feel like you guys are the only ones who would actually read this. And I just needed to get this info off my chest and share it. It’s blowing off steam Wink

Try to lose weight and eat better first. Those 2 things go long way in helping out. That and taking herbal foods/teas in place of much of all those drugs you're on. It won't be the silver bullet, but it goes a long way.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 12:41 am

I'm severely depressed right now. Everything is due, and I can't paint cows. I'm on the verge of a breakdown.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:30 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I knew it!

I'd say it's good news that they actually found something. I mean, considering you knew full well that something was wrong for a long time, now that something's actually been identified, you can hopefully start finding ways to get better.

I wish you all the luck in the world, bud. I hope you start feeling better soon! Ooooh Right!

2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
I knew it!

I'd say it's good news that they actually found something. I mean, considering you knew full well that something was wrong for a long time, now that something's actually been identified, you can hopefully start finding ways to get better.

I wish you all the luck in the world, bud. I hope you start feeling better soon! Ooooh Right!

Thanks for the advice Rhed Smile

And thank you TL. Ooooh Right!

They are coming to deliver and set up my machine today. I think the scariest part may be them seeing the mess in my room lol!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
I knew it!

Thanks for the advice Rhed Smile

And thank you TL. Ooooh Right!

They are coming to deliver and set up my machine today. I think the scariest part may be them seeing the mess in my room lol!

No prob. And if it helps, my room is at least 3 times worse then whatever yours looks like. Razz

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 pm

I got you both beat. I moved into my new place in June of 2016 and most of the stuff in my room is still in boxes xD

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Océane wrote:
Diego, I'm sorry you feel this way, but in some ways Angus is right; you operate on a cycle of hurting your friends feelings, make them have a guilt trip, and then theaten to commit suicide. Some people just can't deal with it that long, especially when they have disagreeing political opinions.

Dead2009 wrote:
Like I told you in private the other day, not everyone is going to agree with your thoughts and now you've pushed too far and people are pissed at you.

To be honest, I can't help but wonder if you're getting kicks out of these suicide threats and making people all worried about you. "If I go, then I might as well make as much people as miserable as I can." You keep on claiming that this site, and before JPL, was basically the one/main thing that kept you alive. Yet, between you getting short tempered and butthurt whenever somebody disagrees with you or has legitimate points you go off in tizzy. Case in point, remember how you downvoted me and Tyrant Lizard for disagreeing with you?

Based on that behavior and well as this, I honestly believe that you are a very selfish person who's thinking about committing suicide simply because of how people disagree with you and that you think people suck in general for having disagreements with you. The only reason why none of the admins/mods were this blunt with you is because they didn't want to have the guilt of being the ones who inadvertently pushed you over the edge.
It was actually the contrary, but I agree with you. I was wrong in blaming anyone. And by the way, I'm sorry for the post. I wasn't in the right state of mind in that day. A lot of shit happened and Angus message was just the last blow. I just want to have friends and be happy. Just that. Sorry that I spread bullshit. I'm sorry.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I knew it!

I will keep you in my prayers bro! I hope everything works out in the end. Bad news is good news in disguise sometimes. Wink

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I got you both beat. I moved into my new place in June of 2016 and most of the stuff in my room is still in boxes xD
Well currently I have Lego all over my floor... can't even walk to my bed without stepping on something. Laughing

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 pm

TheRexMan22 thanks for this comment! It actually gave me an idea. I have a lot of Lego's here that I used to play and spread it's pieces across the living room. Good memories. I'll take them out again and try bulding some. I think it's therapeutic and will help me. Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 7:47 pm

It annoys me how some people are so free and loose with the word "Nazi". I swear to the Purple Spaghetti monster, some people will but out the word "Nazi" as soon as somebody disagrees with them (the ironic part being that the person using the term is likely much closer to being a totalitarianist and a fascist than the person being targeted, but I digress.....)

It's like people don't understand what the word means and the weight that it carries.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm alienating myself from people I consider friends (online, I mean). I feel like I'm getting dumber (not some "well I'm not as intellectual as I think" but like I'm genuinely slipping a bit). And I'm all over the place and not organized with school or home at all.
I need to get back on my meds.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It annoys me how some people are so free and loose with the word "Nazi". I swear to the Purple Spaghetti monster, some people will but out the word "Nazi" as soon as somebody disagrees with them (the ironic part being that the person using the term is likely much closer to being a totalitarianist and a fascist than the person being targeted, but I digress.....)

It's like people don't understand what the word means and the weight that it carries.
Orrrrrrr.... it's almost like people equate fascism with the Nazis and with the recent rise in fascism in the United States and Europe, and, you know, literal Nazis marching in the streets of the US, people are going to go and call out fascists and fascist sympathizers.
Levine wrote:
I'm alienating myself from people I consider friends (online, I mean). I feel like I'm getting dumber (not some "well I'm not as intellectual as I think" but like I'm genuinely slipping a bit). And I'm all over the place and not organized with school or home at all.
I need to get back on my meds.
Returning to your regular medication would probably be advisable. I say this as your friend, but I'm also going to be square with you. The shitposting is incredibly annoying. But worse still, alienating yourself will cause depression, which is really hard to get out of, speaking from experience.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:24 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Orrrrrrr.... it's almost like people equate fascism with the Nazis and with the recent rise in fascism in the United States and Europe, and, you know, literal Nazis marching in the streets of the US, people are going to go and call out fascists and fascist sympathizers.

So I'm guessing you're one of these types that believe those who defend the first amendment are "sympathizers" then?

By recent "rise in fascism", you do mean groups like Antifa and the far left, right?

Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized :a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Seems to fit them far better than any other group on the political spectrum, including the alt-right morons.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:26 pm

CT-1138 wrote:

Returning to your regular medication would probably be advisable. I say this as your friend, but I'm also going to be square with you. The shitposting is incredibly annoying. But worse still, alienating yourself will cause depression, which is really hard to get out of, speaking from experience.
Thanks. I should talk with my pharmacy on refilling my meds tomorrow or next day (and see if another shrink will start seeing me again, or if my old one will take me back).
*Venting inbound* I wouldn't say I'm depressed fully (as in nothing but sadness) but there have been more and more moments where I'm getting sadder and it feels I'm stuck in a rut. Like today I was playing the Nintendo Switch demos at Walmart (had time), Odyssey and Mario Kart. I was having a blast until the demo ran up and I was snapped into the reality that my family could never afford it (unless we find a pot of gold/save up for a while). You could call this being a whiner and just suck it up, but it snapped me into a sad state until I left, just me thinking about how life is unfair yadda yadda. *Venting over*
But yeah. Meds. Need em.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 8:58 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

So I'm guessing you're one of these types that believe those who defend the first amendment are "sympathizers" then?

By recent "rise in fascism", you do mean groups like Antifa and the far left, right?

Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized :a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Seems to fit them far better than any other group on the political spectrum, including the alt-right morons.
Fascism by its very nature is a right wing philosophy, so AntiFa cannot be fascist. But even then AntiFa isn't authoritarian in the first place. The US Army was VERY AntiFa in the 1940s, and it served us well. Personally, I think that allowing Nazis to march through our streets is an insult to WWII veterans. I don't have family buried at Normandy just so some Nazi punk can march down the streets of America. So yes, I'm very AntiFa and if you had any sense of history, you would be too.

But that's beside the point. No, I'm talking about these pukes:
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 2015%2F06%2F27%2Fab%2Fflag1.ac874
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Trumps-America-Nazis-in-Charlottesville-1
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Charlottesville-protests-car-crash-blur-ap-jef-170812_12x5_992

Nazis slaughter us in our own street and insult everything that it means to be an American. And we want to give them their right to free speech? Fuck. That. Remember the last time we let a Nazi have his free speech? Didn't end will for a lot of people. Nah, there's only one thing Nazis have a right to, and it's a bullet to the brain. They're the scum of their earth, lower than child molesters. They're genocidal maniacs, and if given the chance would slaughter every one of us.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 pm

CT-1138 wrote:

Fascism by its very nature is a right wing philosophy, so AntiFa cannot be fascist.

Yeah, no. A group is defined by their actions, not by their own definition of what they are.

Case in point.. National Socialist Party

CT-1138 wrote:
But even then AntiFa isn't authoritarian in the first place. The US Army was VERY AntiFa in the 1940s, and it served us well. Personally, I think that allowing Nazis to march through our streets is an insult to WWII veterans. I don't have family buried at Normandy just so some Nazi punk can march down the streets of America. So yes, I'm very AntiFa and if you had any sense of history, you would be too.

I'll concede that Antifa, seeing as they don't have any authority, certainly isn't authoritarian and doesn't stand for an autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader. The rest of it though?

Race/Country above individual? Check.

Severe social and economical regimentation? Check (your pronouns)

Forcible suppression of opposition? Check

CT-1138 wrote:
But that's beside the point. No, I'm talking about these pukes:
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 2015%2F06%2F27%2Fab%2Fflag1.ac874
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Trumps-America-Nazis-in-Charlottesville-1
2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Charlottesville-protests-car-crash-blur-ap-jef-170812_12x5_992

Nazis slaughter us in our own street and insult everything that it means to be an American. And we want to give them their right to free speech? Fuck. That. Remember the last time we let a Nazi have his free speech? Didn't end will for a lot of people. Nah, there's only one thing Nazis have a right to, and it's a bullet to the brain. They're the scum of their earth, lower than child molesters. They're genocidal maniacs, and if given the chance would slaughter every one of us.

Use good ideas to fight bad ideas. Shine a light on every idea and allow the public to make up their own mind. I mean, Nazis in the Unites States have had the right to free speech for a long ass time now, and their ideology has time and time again has been squashed by public opinion.

One thing that people seem to forget is that these Nazi scum are under the same laws as the rest of us. The guy who ran down those protesters? In jail for life. The laws we have are meant to protect everyone.

I'm sorry, I can see you're passionate about this, but when the line of what's intolerable and what isn't is constantly shifting, putting a cap on what we deem as "intolerable" is a risky pitch. Christ, people I know on this board have been called Nazis. I've had people imply that I support Nazism because I support the first amendment. How long until this "free speech cap" hits me?

And that goes back to the original point. The term "Nazi" being thrown around like it's nothing. When terms like this are thrown around to the point where they're being hurled at anybody who supports free speech (which, incidentally, Nazis don't...at least if they subscribe to the true definition of what it is to be a Nazi) or holds even slightly conservative values.

It waters down what being a Nazi is. Is that what you really want?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Definition of fascism

Fascism by its very nature is a right wing philosophy

Actually, German Fascism/Nazism was quite more socialistic then that of Italy or Imperial Japan. For example. Most, if not all, of the airplane industry was nationalized in some form. Also, fascism also requires a large powerful government. By right-wing, people mean the Continental European right.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 10:25 pm

I’d just like to point out that any group can be evil and do bad things. Right wing or left wing, if you do stuff to try and crack down on free speech or hurt anyone you are a straight POS. I don’t care what you call yourself.

I’m not jabbing anyone here. It’s just how I view it.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Fascism by its very nature is a right wing philosophy, so AntiFa cannot be fascist.

Yeah, no. A group is defined by their actions, not by their own definition of what they are.

Ahhhhh, the height of conservative pseudo-intellectualism. Lemme guess, in an argument you'd also point out that Democrats started the KKK completely ignoring the historical point that Republicans used to be liberals and Democrats (or "Dixiecrats" as they were commonly called back in the day) were consiervatives. The Republicans and Democrats switched ideology in the 1920s, and capped it in the 1960's with LBJ. But that's beside the point... Nazis were as socialist as Stalin was a Christian. No, the National Socialist party was a popular pro-union worker's party until the 1920's when Adolf Hitler hijacked it and used it as a launchpad to propel himself into the German spotlight. In the midst of the Great Depression (which had hit Europe far earlier and far harder than it did in the United States), Europeans were desperate for work and hope, and in response turned to authoritarian demagogues who made promises of prosperity and scapegoating minorities. Hitler and Mussolini literally ran on the platform of "Make Germany/Italy Great Again". But then, who does that sound like?

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Use good ideas to fight bad ideas. Shine a light on every idea and allow the public to make up their own mind. I mean, Nazis in the Unites States have had the right to free speech for a long ass time now, and their ideology has time and time again has been squashed by public opinion.
We tried that in the United States. Then a bunch of coal miners in Pennsylvania, half-witted ranchers in the Mountain states and Southwest, and rednecks in the South decided they wanted the wanna-be dictator who uses his power like a kid who had found his Dad's gun.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that people seem to forget is that these Nazi scum are under the same laws as the rest of us. The guy who ran down those protesters? In jail for life. The laws we have are meant to protect everyone.
I think to actually care about the law, you need to have a conscience and a willingness to operate in a civil society. These Nazis and Klansmen and other conservatives have neither.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm sorry, I can see you're passionate about this, but when the line of what's intolerable and what isn't is constantly shifting, putting a cap on what we deem as "intolerable" is a risky pitch. Christ, people I know on this board have been called Nazis. I've had people imply that I support Nazism because I support the first amendment. How long until this "free speech cap" hits me?

And that goes back to the original point. The term "Nazi" being thrown around like it's nothing. When terms like this are thrown around to the point where they're being hurled at anybody who supports free speech (which, incidentally, Nazis don't...at least if they subscribe to the true definition of what it is to be a Nazi) or holds even slightly conservative values.

I think it's easy to draw the line. If you're a Nazi, or a Nazi sympathizer, or if you see a Confederate flag and think "Yeah, treason sounds cool. Succession for the right to own another human being is something I could totally get behind." then you deserve a bullet. If you don't, then you're a good American patriot siding with America instead of siding with America's enemies. If see somebody screaming "We should exterminate Jews, people of color, gays, the mentally handicapped, and anybody who wants to stop us from doing so" and don't see that as a threat of violence against you or somebody you're friends with then I don't see how to separate you from the Nazis.
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Actually, German Fascism/Nazism was quite more socialistic then that of Italy or Imperial Japan. For example. Most, if not all, of the airplane industry was nationalized in some form. Also, fascism also requires a large powerful government. By right-wing, people mean the Continental European right.
Again, I'll repeat the above: Nazis under Hitler were as socialist as the communists under Stalin were Christian. These were people that are today's conservatives. They have no qualms about admitting they're conservatives. They are not liberals, which by definition, socialists are. Socialists, the the Danes, the Germans, the Hollanders, the Belgians... they're not out there preaching that we cut off the heads of Jews and gays. They're preaching that the government is better at taking care of water rights than for-profit companies like Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. They're saying that it's easier to run a nation through solar power when said solar power infrastructure is built by the government than by oil-producing companies who don't see solar power as a priority like Exxon-Mobil and BP. They're saying that it's better for the government to mandate wages than companies who will and do pay employees the least amount of money they can get away with. This all sounds the exact opposite of fascism to me.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 1:51 am

CT-1138 wrote:

Ahhhhh, the height of conservative pseudo-intellectualism. Lemme guess, in an argument you'd also point out that Democrats started the KKK completely ignoring the historical point that Republicans used to be liberals and Democrats (or "Dixiecrats" as they were commonly called back in the day) were consiervatives. The Republicans and Democrats switched ideology in the 1920s, and capped it in the 1960's with LBJ. But that's beside the point... Nazis were as socialist as Stalin was a Christian. No, the National Socialist party was a popular pro-union worker's party until the 1920's when Adolf Hitler hijacked it and used it as a launchpad to propel himself into the German spotlight. In the midst of the Great Depression (which had hit Europe far earlier and far harder than it did in the United States), Europeans were desperate for work and hope, and in response turned to authoritarian demagogues who made promises of prosperity and scapegoating minorities. Hitler and Mussolini literally ran on the platform of "Make Germany/Italy Great Again". But then, who does that sound like?

Strawman. Pushing a narrative that I'm somehow equating socialism to Nazism, when in fact I'm doing the opposite and highlighting the fact that any group can hijack a term, be it socialist or anti-fascist, and use it as their in an attempt to gloss over their actual ideologies or intentions.

CT-1138 wrote:
We tried that in the United States. Then a bunch of coal miners in Pennsylvania, half-witted ranchers in the Mountain states and Southwest, and rednecks in the South decided they wanted the wanna-be dictator who uses his power like a kid who had found his Dad's gun.

Soooooooooo get rid of democracy?

CT-1138 wrote:
I think to actually care about the law, you need to have a conscience and a willingness to operate in a civil society. These Nazis and Klansmen and other conservatives have neither.

Whether or not someone cares about the law is irrelevant. If someone operates outside the law, they're punished, and yes, that goes for Nazis too. The law doesn't give a shit about your or anybody elses ideology.

CT-1138 wrote:
I think it's easy to draw the line. If you're a Nazi, or a Nazi sympathizer, or if you see a Confederate flag and think "Yeah, treason sounds cool. Succession for the right to own another human being is something I could totally get behind." then you deserve a bullet. If you don't, then you're a good American patriot siding with America instead of siding with America's enemies. If see somebody screaming "We should exterminate Jews, people of color, gays, the mentally handicapped, and anybody who wants to stop us from doing so" and don't see that as a threat of violence against you or somebody you're friends with then I don't see how to separate you from the Nazis.
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Again, I'll repeat the above: Nazis under Hitler were as socialist as the communists under Stalin were Christian. These were people that are today's conservatives. They have no qualms about admitting they're conservatives. They are not liberals, which by definition, socialists are. Socialists, the the Danes, the Germans, the Hollanders, the Belgians... they're not out there preaching that we cut off the heads of Jews and gays. They're preaching that the government is better at taking care of water rights than for-profit companies like Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. They're saying that it's easier to run a nation through solar power when said solar power infrastructure is built by the government than by oil-producing companies who don't see solar power as a priority like Exxon-Mobil and BP. They're saying that it's better for the government to mandate wages than companies who will and do pay employees the least amount of money they can get away with. This all sounds the exact opposite of fascism to me. [/quote]

Yeah, but that's not the discussion at hand. You're describing what I would call "classic Liberal" ideals, which are a far cry from what the far left and Antifa.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 am

CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

The Republicans and Democrats switched ideology in the 1920s, and capped it in the 1960's with LBJ.

Using LBJ is not a good idea. He was a HUGE racist. And he loved to use the 'n' word a lot too.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
We tried that in the United States. Then a bunch of coal miners in Pennsylvania, half-witted ranchers in the Mountain states and Southwest, and rednecks in the South decided they wanted the wanna-be dictator who uses his power like a kid who had found his Dad's gun.[/quote]

To be fair, when you and other's keep constantly demonizing blue collar people just for having different viewpoints, then this is what you get.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Again, I'll repeat the above: Nazis under Hitler were as socialist as the communists under Stalin were Christian. These were people that are today's conservatives. They have no qualms about admitting they're conservatives. They are not liberals, which by definition, socialists are.[/quote]

Then they are very ignorant about what the word conservative really means.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Taking meds are really making me better! I'm so glad I finally can "breathe" happiness. I feel like I've been born from ashes.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Taking meds are really making me better! I'm so glad I finally can "breathe" happiness. I feel like I've been born from ashes.

Nice to hear that. Hopefully, things improve from here on out.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
The Republicans and Democrats switched ideology in the 1920s, and capped it in the 1960's with LBJ.

Using LBJ is not a good idea. He was a HUGE racist. And he loved to use the 'n' word a lot too.
I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out that he was the end point to a slow ideological switcheroo between the Republicans and the Democrats that occurred between the 1920s and the 1960s.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
To be fair, when you and other's keep constantly demonizing blue collar people just for having different viewpoints, then this is what you get.
I'm not demonizing blue collar workers. I AM blue collar. My family is blue collar. Blue collar jobs put food on my table, and clothes on my back as a child. Personally, I think that everybody should be mandated to work a year of blue collar work prior to attending college so that they have a greater appreciation of blue collar workers. Blue collar work is important. It's literally what built America. However, I am demonizing the idiotic people who live in the aforementioned areas like the Southern rednecks who think that minorities are all moochers while living on their government subsidized checks. The southwestern ranchers who think they can get away with tax evasion just because they can scramble together a buck-toothed private army. And the black-lunged laborers who want to bring back an obsolete form of power just to satisfy some misguided sense of honor and tradition.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Soooooooooo get rid of democracy?
On the contrary. People should have every right to choose to who they are represented and led by. This is the foundation of a free society. However, the question DOES arise... what happens when a democracy votes to willingly become a dictatorship? What happens when the people in a democracy see so little value in the freedoms they take for granted that they no longer see those freedoms as necessary.

Free press? Who needs people keeping our politicians and corporations in check. It's all fake news bought and paid for by George Soros anyway.

Free speech? Only if it praises Der Fuhrer. Otherwise, you're unpatriotic.

Freedom to protest? Better not get in the street, or I should have every right to mow you down like a terrorist in a truck. And God forbid you DARE take a knee during the national anthem! People have died for your right to protest dirty cops! Show some respect!  

Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure? Well, if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?

The right to a trial by your peers? Who cares? You probably did it anyway. Everybody's guilty of something.

Right to not be tortured? Well, if you gave up your answers willingly, we wouldn't need enhanced interrogation techniques.

Right to practice your religion and to be free from theocracy? Whatever, the US is a Christian nation. We don't need no dirty brown people with weird rituals. We have a God given right to use tax dollars to defend Christianity.

It seems that in the United States, the only right that truly goes unquestioned and unhindered is the right to bear arms, which is a good thing. The Second Amendment was designed to that any infringement against the rest of the amendments would be met with swift action by an armed populace. But, hey, I guess it's only constitutional infringement when a libtard Dumbocrat does it.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Whether or not someone cares about the law is irrelevant. If someone operates outside the law, they're punished, and yes, that goes for Nazis too. The law doesn't give a shit about your or anybody elses ideology.
Of course it does. That is, when the president uses his pardon power to preemptively assuage any idea of wrongdoing against a man who was illegally rounding up people and sticking them in concentration camps and left to die of exposure and starvation.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 07, 2017 9:36 pm

Advocate for murder.

Labeling of people who disagree with you.

Advocating for democracy so long as the dude you don't like doesn't get it.

And, bringing it back to the main point, which was the looseness of the term "Nazi" in modern society, being totally OK with several people that you personally know being referred to as Nazis.

2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 George-Costanza-Im-out

edit: I'd just like to add that if Trump is a dictator, he's a pretty shitty one, considering that he couldn't even get Obamacare repealed xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   2 - Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next