Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Sports, sports and more sports!

Go down 
+8
Minmi
Raptor Blue
VoxelMush
GwrChurchward
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Empty
PostSubject: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 am

If you like sports, this is the place for you. For starters, what are your favorite sports teams?

NFL: Ravens
MLB: Orioles, Diamondbacks
NHL: Sharks
NCAA: Maryland

ITF suspends Sharapova 2 years for doping
http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/16044538/maria-sharapova-suspended-two-years-international-tennis-federation-positive-drug-test-meldonium

Quote :

Maria Sharapova was suspended for two years by the International Tennis Federation on Wednesday, a result of her testing positive for the banned substance meldonium, a blood-flow boosting drug.

Sharapova can appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

She had been provisionally suspended since March after testing positive at the Australian Open in January. Sharapova said she had used meldonium since 2006 but was unaware the World Anti-Doping Agency banned it on Jan. 1.

Sharapova announced on March 7 that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open.

"I take great responsibility and professionalism in my career every day," Sharapova said in March. "I made a huge mistake. I let my fans down. I let my sport down."

Sharapova, 29, said she tested positive in an in-competition test at the Australian Open, where she lost to Serena Williams in the quarterfinals on Jan. 26. Sharapova hasn't played since, recovering from a left-forearm injury.

At her press conference in March, Sharapova said she had been taking the drug mildronate, also known as meldonium, for 10 years to address a number of health issues, including low magnesium levels. Meldonium is a blood-flow-promoting drug banned because it helps oxygen uptake and endurance.

Sharapova said she had been getting the flu every couple of months, had irregular EKGs and had evidence of diabetes, which runs in her family. She said she did not realize that mildronate and meldonium are the same drug and was not aware when rules changed Jan. 1 to make the drug illegal. She said that when the World Anti-Doping Agency sent an email about changes to the banned list in December, she did not click on the link to see that the substance had been added to the list.

Meldonium is manufactured in Latvia. It is used in Lithuania and the Russian Federation but is not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. A number of athletes have tested positive for the drug since Jan. 1: Abeba Aregawi (Ethiopian-born, Swedish nationality, 1,500-meter world champion), Eduard Vorganov (Russian cyclist), Endeshaw Negesse (Ethiopian marathoner), Ekaterina Bobrova (Russian ice dancer) and Olga Abramova (Ukranian biathlete).

Sharapova has 35 career singles titles and more than $36 million in career earnings. She is currently No. 26 in the WTA rankings.

Sharapova has been among the best players of her generation since she burst onto the scene as a 17-year-old Wimbledon champion in 2004, when she beat Williams in the final. She won the US Open in 2006 and the Australian Open in 2008 before completing her career Grand Slam with French Open titles in 2012 and 2014.

She became the world's top-ranked player in August 2005 and has held the ranking five times for 21 weeks in her career.

Report: Slice had been awaiting heart transplant
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16028501/kimbo-slice-had-awaiting-heart-transplant

Quote :

Mixed martial arts star Kimbo Slice, who died Monday night at the age of 42, was diagnosed with heart failure and informed he needed a heart transplant, according to a report by the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Citing a medical report made by the Northwest Medical Center in Margate, the Sun Sentinel reported that Slice, birth name Kevin Ferguson, was admitted to the hospital on June 3, complaining of "severe abdominal pain, shortness of breath and nausea."

The report states Ferguson was placed on a ventilator in intensive care and was scheduled to be transported to Cleveland, where he would be placed on a donors list. Trauma and foul play are not suspected in the fighter's death.

Mike Imber, Slice's longtime manager and childhood friend, confirmed to ESPN.com that Slice entered the medical facility on June 3. According to Imber, Slice appeared to be doing well until Monday, when the situation turned.

"He went to Germany around March and got really sick while he was there," Imber said. "I don't know what he thought it was, but he just felt sick. On Friday (June 3), he had bad chest pains and went to the hospital. I went and visited him on Friday and he seemed OK. I didn't feel like I was going to lose my friend in two days, by any means. He seemed concerned, but he seemed all right.

"I talked to him that Saturday and Sunday, and he was still in the hospital. I said, 'something's not right.' On Monday, his wife called and told me he had stopped breathing."

Slice (5-2) was scheduled to fight James Thompson at Bellator 158 on July 16 in London, but according to Mike Brown, his head coach at American Top Team, Slice had intended to withdraw from the event.

"He had a few things going on," Brown said. "He had a crazy hiccup problem and he had high blood pressure. He also had a problem that had something to do with his gallbladder. We had talked about him pulling out of the fight. That's what he was going to do. I don't know if he had done that officially yet, but a decision had already been made not to fight."

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:01 pm

NFL: Rams ....it's been so long since they've had a good season.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:27 pm

NFL: Da Bears!
MLB: Chicago (doesn't matter which team, I don't follow baseball all that much)
NHL: Chicago Blackhawsk!
NBA: Chicago Bulls

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 10:56 am

Looks like LeBron is one loss away from being 2-5 in the NBA Finals.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:02 am

Dead2009 wrote:

If LeBron James had ANY credibility of being Michael Jordan 2.0, then this series pretty much destroys it.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

If LeBron James had ANY credibility of being Michael Jordan 2.0, then this series pretty much destroys it.

Im sure ppl will go "HE DIDNT HAVE ANY HELP" when he had Irving and Love for this series as opposed to last year. I think if they kept Wiggins instead of trading him for Love, they win the title.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Im sure ppl will go "HE DIDNT HAVE ANY HELP" when he had Irving and Love for this series as opposed to last year. I think if they kept Wiggins instead of trading him for Love, they win the title.

Nah. Golden State is simply too loaded with talent. They would have won anyway. It might have taken 6 games instead of 5, but the end result would have been the same.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Welp, the fix was in and LeBron got his 3rd ring.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 am

The fix wasn't in. Golden State ran out of luck and had no mental toughness the entire series and Curry had a horrible game. That is why basketball was built around post play for 70 years rather than jump shooters. They also should never have opted to try for 73 wins and then rushed curry back in the early rounds.

Plus there is no benefit for choosing cleveland over golden state. A 73 win championship is probably even a bigger boon for the league and its new favorite son than giving a title to a smaller town with no history riding on it going into the series. Golden State was worn down by Oklahoma city too and showed a crack in the armor.

1996 Bulls are the best team in history anyway.

Bulls
Blackhawks
Bears
Cubs
Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper101
Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 am

At least I get to enjoy a sports team from Ohio that doesn't suck... Razz

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 3:06 am

Football:
Westham
Manchester
Real Madrid
Roma
Barcelona Real
the German national team( whatever it is during the world cup)
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Scott B wrote:
The fix wasn't in. Golden State ran out of luck and had no mental toughness the entire series and Curry had a horrible game. That is why basketball was built around post play for 70 years rather than jump shooters. They also should never have opted to try for 73 wins and then rushed curry back in the early rounds.

Plus there is no benefit for choosing cleveland over golden state. A 73 win championship is probably even a bigger boon for the league and its new favorite son than giving a title to a smaller town with no history riding on it going into the series. Golden State was worn down by Oklahoma city too and showed a crack in the armor.

1996 Bulls are the best team in history anyway.

Bulls
Blackhawks
Bears
Cubs

The 2015-2016 Golden State Warriors team will be remembered as the biggest choke-job artists in the history of the NBA. Sorry, but when you go 3-1 in the finals, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FINISH THE JOB! At least the 2007-2008 Patriots could argue that they fell victim to the 'Any given Sunday' rule that the NFL has. (The 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions being the exception that proved the rule.) Yeah, the may have won 1 more game then the 1996 Bulls, but they didn't finish. The 1996 Bulls did.

Also, LeBron James record in the finals 3-4.

Michael Jordan's record: 6-0.

Game Time all the way. Wink

Back to top Go down
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
VoxelMush

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 am

No one here watch football (soccer for you Americans)?
If anyone does, who are you rooting for in Euro 2016? I'm rooting for my country, Portugal, but I don't think we're going to make it to the final. Our team is just not efficient enough.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Knicks acquire ex-MVP Rose in deal with Bulls

NHL officially OKs Las Vegas as 31st franchise

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Bad trade for the Bulls.

Dumb move for the NHL. And what a sucky place to play if you are a 19 year old rookie. Lol
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Went to my first Orioles game of the year and the Birds won 12-5 to complete a 4 game sweep of Tampa.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Legendary Lady Vols coach Summitt dies at 64

NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan dies at 82

Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:37 pm

All I really care about is baseball. I'm a die-hard Yankees fan! I also go to a few NBA games a year in OKC.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:40 pm

You're a Yankees fan? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Razz

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Dead2009- the oriole mascot almost ate me when I was a kid.

@Raptor Blue- bah, the Yanks. Cubs only. :p
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 am

Good Razz

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:54 am

Patriots QB Tom Brady has Deflategate appeal denied by 2nd U.S. Circuit Court

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 4:45 pm

San Antonio Spurs foward Tim Duncan retired on Monday.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Longtime Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully retires after 67 years of broadcasting.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Cubs go to first World Series in 71 years. Face Cleveland Indians who haven't won in 68.

Last World Series appearance was 2 months after World War II ended. Also the longest combined championship drought in baseball history in this series with 108 years for Cubs and 68 for the Tribe.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:22 am

Cubs overcome 3 games to 1 deficit to Win World Series after blowing late lead in Game 7. win first world series in 108 years in 10 innings.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 6:57 am

Scott B wrote:
Cubs overcome 3 games to 1 deficit to Win World Series after blowing late lead in Game 7. win first world series in 108 years in 10 innings.

You also forgot to mention in winning the World Series, they also vanquished the 71 year old Billy Goat Curse.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Technically it is unclear what that curse entailed. Many believe it meant the Cubs would never win a pennant and thus never play in the Series again. Others say world series. Many fascinating connections with that goat. The goat's name was Murphy, which was the surname of the cubs owner in 1908, the stadium they lost in in 1984. Names of Mets officials in 1969 and player last year. 2003 the closest they were before this year was the year of the goat. Interesting fact about that. bartman ball from that game was blown up at Harry Caray's Restaurant next door by none other than JP alum Michael Lantieri.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 1:08 pm

The amount of people who were at the Cubs victory parade was one of the largest in human history. 5 million. That's as much as Nasser's funeral and World Youth Day.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Somewhat wish the Orioles would incorporate this uni scheme for next season

1 - Sports, sports and more sports! 2mdmjj5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sports, sports and more sports!   1 - Sports, sports and more sports! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sports, sports and more sports!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: