Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.

Go down 
+5
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
Tacticool Rex
Spiegel
Rhedosaurus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Just like in JPL This thread is for dinosaur toys and models that are not part of the official JP toy line. (Kenner or Hasbro)

I like this Schliech Pentaceratops.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Mo-hinh-khung-long-schleich-pentaceratops-action-4
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 7:13 pm

I Love the Schliech toys, they look so good. I like them better than the new JW toy lines too.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Blitzkrieg wrote:
I Love the Schliech toys, they look so good. I like them better than the new JW toy lines too.

To be fair, many Schliech toys are not as well looking as this one. I have 3 of the other good ones that came out quite recently: Stegosaurus, Kentrosaurus, and Apatosaurus. Many of the rest are hit and miss and when they miss, they really miss. Their 2014 Green Velociraptor is a horrendous looking toy that looks nothing like the real thing.

That said, when they do good. They get it good. This Pentaceratops is one of their best.
Back to top Go down
Tacticool Rex
Embryo
Embryo
Tacticool Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Anyone know if Target still caries the Terra Battat series? I know it first came out about a year ago so I'm not sure if they would still be in stock, but I really want the Cryolophosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 3:42 pm

For those that are interested, here are the dinosaur toys, and a few non-dino prehistoric life, toys from Safari Ltd for next year.

I'm kind of picky about feathered T. rexes/tyrannosaurs in general, but I do like their upcoming feathered T. rex. Personally, I think the arms could have been a bit longer to make them stand out more and the area between the belly and tail is a bit too deep, but if the model really is as good as it looks, then I can consider those things to be small prices that are more then worth paying.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Feathe10
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 2:38 am

Do you guys still have collections dinosaur figures? I really want to get some Papos but I feel like the Dinosauria by Sideshow would really fit the vibe of what I would want to have displayed in terms of dinosaurs.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

DeiXnonychus wrote:
Do you guys still have collections dinosaur figures? I really want to get some Papos but I feel like the Dinosauria by Sideshow would really fit the vibe of what I would want to have displayed in terms of dinosaurs.

Spoiler:

I guess my only way to answer that is to see Dinosaur Toy Blog, since it has talks about that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 pm

I've got so many dinosaur figures that I don't actually know the total number. In no particular order, my newest ones are: Miragaia, Lythronax, Ichthyovenator, Metriacanthosaurus, Achelosaurus & Dolichorhynchops (plesiosaur).

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:10 pm

A few weeks ago, I finally got a Schleich Pentaceratops. It's one of the best dinosaur toys/models that Schleich has ever made.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1412

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1410

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1411

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 5:49 pm

OMG that Pentaceratops is awesome. I want to buy it so bad.

From Schleich I have the new Giganotosaurus. It rocks.  Cool

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
OMG that Pentaceratops is awesome. I want to buy it so bad.

From Schleich I have the new Giganotosaurus. It rocks.  Cool

You really should get it when you have the chance. Schleich has a tendency to make better herbivorous dinosaurs then meat-eating ones. I also have the Apatosaurus, Kentrosaurus, and Stegosaurus from there 'World of History' line, which is the same one that my Pentaceratops came from, and I can say that as somebody who owns all 4 of them, not to mention working in a store that carries Schleich dinosaur models/toys, that they are the best toys that company has made.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm

I got this 2-tone Green Safari T. rex at the Flea Market for $1 yesterday.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1410

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Got a great haul from Salvation Army.

Here's the 1996 Green T. rex, which is what the one above is a re-sculpt of.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1411

This is the 1988 Carnegie Stegosaurus with the 1996 Safari Stegosaurus.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1412

And this is the 1993 Carnegie Dilophosaurus with a rubber Stegosaurus that really needs a new paint job.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1413

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 6:46 pm

I got this 2004 Wild Safari Woolly Mammoth at the flea market for $2.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1417

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1418

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1419

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 8:04 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Looks pretty awesome! I always love it when people pick up the non dino figures in the Safari things. And for 2 that was a steal.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 12:48 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Looks pretty awesome! I always love it when people pick up the non dino figures in the Safari things. And for 2 that was a steal.

Thanks. When it comes to finding old dinosaur toys, this July was remarkably lucky for me. I haven't been able to go to the flea market as much as I wanted this year, but I found a lot of good stuff this year. And this is the same flea market that I found my 1997 TLW Bull T. rex 2 years ago.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:04 pm

I got this 1988 Carnegie/Safari Apatosaurus toy/model for just $1 today.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1421

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1510

Last week. I also got another Carnegie Stegosaurus, the second Carnegie version of Allosaurus, and this book by Edwin Colbert. Not pictured are two other finds: A green Baby T. rex from Papo and Discovery kids Hypsilophodon.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 101_1422

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Wild Safari has released it's new toys.

Check out this Anzu. It's very beautiful.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Safari_anzu__88496.1508800707.500.750

This Ankylosaurus is also done very well.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 306129-ankylosaurus_3

They also have a new Triceratops and American Mastodon toy coming out too.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:19 pm

I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with PNSO and their high quality and high priced dinosaur models are, but I have some bad news. They might not be making anymore dinosaur models soon.

Reply 734 on the site I linked. wrote:
An outraged former staff of PNSO came up with more leaks of Zhao Chuang's models which were finished in 2015 this morning..
He also said that PNSO has been in serious trouble for a long time, and these models may be suspended forever.

The story is:
"PNSO changed its management team last year, who focus more on capital returns instead of model quality.
The new head of the company also carried out a purge of more than half of the original employees, leaving the rest in complaint (explains PNSO's sudden disappearance from Amazon)
In the end, Zhao Chuang, the key player of the team, is *said* to have left PNSO knowing his models won't be produced as he desired (the demonic looking Wilson & Doyle, and so many bundle parts like booklet, deluxe box, stamps which are more profitable, and which on the contrary should have been used to improve the quality of the models).

In the future, either PNSO will continue to produce these models if Zhao Chuang returns, or Zhao Chuang will find a new partner to produce his models at his own will."

Told by the outraged former employee

I got this next quote on pg 40.

Reply 786 wrote:
A general manager of one of the PSNO retail stores in China recently told me personally that due to a business dispute PNSO has halted all production of their toy lines and collectibles. It was by a court order. It remains uncertain what will happen from there.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Papo is retiring the current multi-colored Acrocanthosaurus toy/model with a new Tiger Stripe one.

Here's what the new one looks like.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Papo_Acrocanthosaurus_colour_variant_2018

I actually like the new one much better then the original. Besides the original one just copied the color scheme of the multi-colored T. rex Papo released not long ago.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Here's the new Wild Safari Ltd Triceratops. This is a very well made toy. It's one of the best, if not THE best Triceratops toy that I've seen.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 100153-triceratops

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 pm

You know that one Stegosaurus I got? It turned out to be a AAA Stegosaurus with most of the paint pealed off. So I repainted it. I also found another AAA Stegosaurus, this time with most of its paint still on it, at the same place where I found many of my find during the summer. I had to touch up the plates with brick red paint (which matched really well) and paint sealer, but that's about it.

The customized AAA Stegosaurus is the left one while the recent one that I found is one the right.

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Img_0010

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 am

Just got that red Pentaceratops from my local museum, cost me $40. I'd been hoping to add a Scelidosaurus, a Regaliceratops and a Mosasaurus to my collection over Christmas, but my local toy shop sold out. Got a Torvosaurus instead. Most of my dinosaurs are in large storage boxes, but I've got more than 50 on display in my bedroom.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 2:11 pm

My local Dollarama currently has in stock some pretty nice dinosaurs figurines. What's weird is this isn't the first time Dollarama has possessed some nice quality toys, a little while back I picked up some neat-o army guys for two bucks each (something along those lines). What's nice is they actually have movable parts unlike the latest Star Wars toys (man those suck.) Back to the dinosaurs though, there's a Trex, Allosaurus and Penteceratops (is that how you spell it?) We currently have all three floating around the house somewhere, I picked up an Allosaurus for my younger brother (SmugTheFab here on Jurassic Mainframe) and later my older brother bought him the Trex. The rex is interesting. Its got the same shape as the Papo rex. Only this cost three bucks unlike the Papo rex. But its jaw doesn't move. Overall the toys are good quality. The pain job is actually really impressive. It's weird that Dollarama has been churning out some nice products recently. They shelve legos (well not exactly legos; discount legos called Block Tech.) Something like two hundred pieces for four bucks. I'll take that. Better than what Lego is charging.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Minmi wrote:
Just got that red Pentaceratops from my local museum, cost me $40.

Did you try to find one that's cheaper? Because here in the USA, it costs $15-$20 dollars in stores, but I got mine on sale for $13.

TheRexMan22 wrote:
My local Dollarama currently has in stock some pretty nice dinosaurs figurines. What's weird is this isn't the first time Dollarama has possessed some nice quality toys, a little while back I picked up some neat-o army guys for two bucks each (something along those lines). What's nice is they actually have movable parts unlike the latest Star Wars toys (man those suck.) Back to the dinosaurs though, there's a Trex, Allosaurus and Penteceratops (is that how you spell it?) We currently have all three floating around the house somewhere, I picked up an Allosaurus for my younger brother (SmugTheFab here on Jurassic Mainframe) and later my older brother bought him the Trex. The rex is interesting. Its got the same shape as the Papo rex. Only this cost three bucks unlike the Papo rex. But its jaw doesn't move. Overall the toys are good quality. The pain job is actually really impressive. It's weird that Dollarama has been churning out some nice products recently. They shelve legos (well not exactly legos; discount legos called Block Tech.) Something like two hundred pieces for four bucks. I'll take that. Better than what Lego is charging.

I never heard of Dollarama before. Can you show me a picture of some of them? I ask because my store carries Schleich toys and I've seen some cheap knock-offs last month and I'm curious if you got the knock-off brands.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 pm

I've never seen that Pentaceratops for sale anywhere else and my local toy store stocks mostly the 'CollectA' brand. The Torvosaurus I've got cost $30. I actually bought that one myself and passed it on to my mum so that my grandad would have something to give me for Christmas.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Minmi wrote:

Did you try to find one that's cheaper? Because here in the USA, it costs $15-$20 dollars in stores, but I got mine on sale for $13.

TheRexMan22 wrote:

I never heard of Dollarama before. Can you show me a picture of some of them? I ask because my store carries Schleich toys and I've seen some cheap knock-offs last month and I'm curious if you got the knock-off brands.
Sure thing :} here they are.
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 9lR4mHk
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. TDxsfWh
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. HWaGIXU
EDIT Thought i should add, Dollarama is basically the same as a Dollar tree store or something like that. Each of these guys you see here cost four bucks apiece.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 7:48 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Minmi wrote:

TheRexMan22 wrote:

Sure thing :} here they are.
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. 9lR4mHk
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. TDxsfWh
The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. HWaGIXU
EDIT Thought i should add, Dollarama is basically the same as a Dollar tree store or something like that. Each of these guys you see here cost four bucks apiece.

Thanks. Those are knock-offs. I do like the colors of the knock-off Pentaceratops, but those T. rexes could have been a bit more colorful.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 am

I think the green one is the Allosaurus. Clearly the T-Rex's design is based off of Rexy from Jurassic Park..

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I think the green one is the Allosaurus. Clearly the T-Rex's design is based off of Rexy from Jurassic Park..

You're right. I didn't see the first finger, but I saw it when I took a closer look.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.   The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next