Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JP and JW toy wishlist help?

Go down 
+2
Océane
Faelrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Faelrin
Embryo
Embryo
Faelrin

JP and JW toy wishlist help? Empty
PostSubject: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 am

So it may be a while before I get anything (after splurging on Beasts of the Mesozoic's, and soon to be Saurian's kickstarter) but I'm having trouble trying to figure out a potential wishlist for what to get in the future. I definitely know I want TLW Parasaurolophus, and TLW Junior/ infant T. rex (I had this one as a kid, and was my favorite at the time), and maybe the 1993 non electronic Dilophosaurus, and TLW Stegosaurus, but now this is where things start to get hard for me.

I'm leaning on the original Jurassic Park raptor (the non electronic one), but I also like TLW repaint, and TLW Snap Jaw/electronic raptor. Of course I could always try to get all of them, but which should I get first of the three, if I have to pick one at a time?  And there's also the 3 big rexes to choose from. 1993 red rex, thrasher, and/or bull.

Then there's the JP3 toys, many of which I had as a kid (the regular Tyrannosaurus, regular Spinosaurus, pack raptor, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, and the raptor attack set). I did know of the regular Pteranodon and Alpha Velociraptor toys as a kid, and wanted them but never got a chance to get them. But should I get the ones I had as a kid for nostalgic sake, or are some just really bad and worth avoiding, and should I pick up those I never got (Alpha raptor, Pteranodon, Aqua Spinosaurus)?

Lastly for Jurassic World. Should I eventually get an Owen set? I was hyped when I first saw it, but after watching the reviews the articulation looked like a major letdown, though the bike and gun seemed okay. And is the Ceratosaurus worth getting? It's the last of the growlers I don't have of the original JW line. Any help/suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:19 am

The Ceratosaurus is a worthy purchase. I just ordered it on ebay recently.
My wishlist:
1. TLW Bull rex
2.Re Ak Attack electronic Spinosaurus
3. Young T rex (blue one)
4.Electronic Parasaurolophus
5. TLW raptor (non electronic)
6. JP Dimetrodon
7. Basher&Biter Allosaurus
8. Basher Biter Tyrannosaurus

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Here's mine. I might add more in the future.

1. JP Red T. rex
2. Young T. rex (JP or TLW toyline)
3. The Green and Brown Lego T. rex (Which is most likely a male.)
4. Triceratops (JP or TLW toyline)
5. Stegosaurus (TLW)
6. Allosaurus (JP 3D  toyline)
7. Parasaurolohus (TLW)
8. Coelophysis (JP)
9. Velociraptor (JP,TLW, or the CE toylines or the Female Raptor JP3 toy)
10. Utahraptor (JP)
11. Pteranodon (TLW)
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 pm

[quote="Rhedosaurus"]
I own that one, I got it on shelves back in 2011. I wish I had another for you though.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I own that one, I got it on shelves back in 2011. I wish I had another for you though.

I didn't know that toy came out before the Lego JW Rexy toy did. I'm still looking for that one so that my JW Lego Rexy can have a mate.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Faelrin wrote:
So it may be a while before I get anything (after splurging on Beasts of the Mesozoic's, and soon to be Saurian's kickstarter) but I'm having trouble trying to figure out a potential wishlist for what to get in the future. I definitely know I want TLW Parasaurolophus, and TLW Junior/ infant T. rex (I had this one as a kid, and was my favorite at the time), and maybe the 1993 non electronic Dilophosaurus, and TLW Stegosaurus, but now this is where things start to get hard for me.

I'm leaning on the original Jurassic Park raptor (the non electronic one), but I also like TLW repaint, and TLW Snap Jaw/electronic raptor. Of course I could always try to get all of them, but which should I get first of the three, if I have to pick one at a time?  And there's also the 3 big rexes to choose from. 1993 red rex, thrasher, and/or bull.

Then there's the JP3 toys, many of which I had as a kid (the regular Tyrannosaurus, regular Spinosaurus, pack raptor, Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Dilophosaurus, and the raptor attack set). I did know of the regular Pteranodon and Alpha Velociraptor toys as a kid, and wanted them but never got a chance to get them. But should I get the ones I had as a kid for nostalgic sake, or are some just really bad and worth avoiding, and should I pick up those I never got (Alpha raptor, Pteranodon, Aqua Spinosaurus)?

Lastly for Jurassic World. Should I eventually get an Owen set? I was hyped when I first saw it, but after watching the reviews the articulation looked like a major letdown, though the bike and gun seemed okay. And is the Ceratosaurus worth getting? It's the last of the growlers I don't have of the original JW line. Any help/suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, the para rules!

Now to business. The electronic TLW raptor is the hardest to obtain reasonably, especially a working one. Do that first if it concerns you. TLW repaint may also be a concern if you want the green eye variant and not the standard yellow eyed one. JP is common and cheap to get.

Red Rex is the hardest to get (shouldn't have pulled mine out of the box and threw the box away...-_-). But the bull is by far the best of the three rexes. I'd get that one or red first. Bear in mind the red has generic roars. All three are fairly expensive, especially in box. Avoid /// unless the nostalgia is really strong. The pterosaurs are the only great toys from that group iirc.

Don't know about JW, didn't like any of the toys bar the diecast vehicles.

Hoped that helped. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Scott B wrote:
Faelrin wrote:

Yeah, the para rules!

Now to business. The electronic TLW raptor is the hardest to obtain reasonably, especially a working one. Do that first if it concerns you. TLW repaint may also be a concern if you want the green eye variant and not the standard yellow eyed one. JP is common and cheap to get.

Red Rex is the hardest to get (shouldn't have pulled mine out of the box and threw the box away...-_-). But the bull is by far the best of the three rexes. I'd get that one or red first. Bear in mind the red has generic roars. All three are fairly expensive, especially in box. Avoid /// unless the nostalgia is really strong. The pterosaurs are the only great toys from that group iirc.

Don't know about JW, didn't like any of the toys bar the diecast vehicles.

Hoped that helped. Good luck!

Like Scott said the Bull T. rex is the best, mainly due to it's durability. You should try to get a Thrasher T. rex, just be a bit careful when playing it. Mine has a few very small rips near the jawline/checks but the superglue I've used has kept it together well and the rubber is quite durable for being a bit thin. Also get the juvenile/baby T. rex too.

As for JW toys. Get the Stomp and Strike Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Chomping I. rex toys. Those are the only good Hasbro toys in the entire JW Hasbro toyline. From what I've heard the Ceratosaurus isn't a bad toy, but I haven't seen one personally so keep what I said with a grain salt.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

As for JW toys. Get the Stomp and Strike Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Chomping I. rex toys. Those are the only good Hasbro toys in the entire JW Hasbro toyline. From what I've heard the Ceratosaurus isn't a bad toy, but I haven't seen one personally so keep what I said with a grain salt.
Well, the Stomp And Strike Rex's rubber neck tears over time. I hardly played with mine and the left side is completely ruined. As for the Ceratosaurus, it's nice. limited articulation, but nice. Also, the sounds it makes are recycled from the JP/// T. rex. I also recommend the Electronic Blue and Electronic Echo.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:34 pm

My wishlist?

Every JP Kenner toy, every.

I want to build a room just for my collection, it's one of my dreams before I die.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

JP and JW toy wishlist help? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, the Stomp And Strike Rex's rubber neck tears over time. I hardly played with mine and the left side is completely ruined. As for the Ceratosaurus, it's nice. limited articulation, but nice. Also, the sounds it makes are recycled from the JP/// T. rex. I also recommend the Electronic Blue and Electronic Echo.

I never had that problem. To be fair, I only played with it a few times. I only got it as something of a display model. From what I've heard, though, the rubber in the neck is fairly durable.

That said, the rubber in the I. rex toy that I mentioned is somewhat thicker.
Back to top Go down
Faelrin
Embryo
Embryo
Faelrin

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Wow, nice to see so many responses. Last night I put together a wishlist by priority, of what I think I should get first, but I'll read through the suggestions here and see what needs altered. I also probably should have mentioned, that I'll try to get as many of these as loose if possible to cut down on the prices. I mostly want to have at least one of each species from the films, (as long as toys of a species are available). I know some on my list are going to be very hard to get, or afford, so the ones I'm aware about, are near the end of the list.

I also probably should have mentioned that I have nearly all of the JW basher and biters and growlers (except the green Stegoceratops, Blue, and the Spinosaurus), which is why I didn't include them. Of the ones that interest me, I would say I'm only really missing the Ceratosaurus, and the Owen set. I don't have the Hybrid T. rex, or Hyrbid raptor, or the Pteranodon set, but none of those interest me enough to get them (okay maybe the hybrid raptor). I don't have the stomp and strike T. rex or large I. rex either, but I'm not super concerned with them. Oh and I also have the Chomping Rex, and the Mosasaurus, and I. rex sets.

I don't have any of the Chaos Effect stuff in my list either. Those will also most likely be last though I had a few as a kid, I do want again (mainly the Compstegnathus, I also had the Amargospinus, and the Alpha Raptor, that I can't remember if I had or not). I also used to have the JP: Dinosaurs Dimetrodon (green and yellow sailed one), when I was 11 or so, so that'll be on the list somewhere to get again, and I'm also considering the original Lycaneops, now that I know what gorgonsipds are.

Anyways, here's the list I wrote up last night:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 1:49 am

Is there anywhere I can get the JP3 Deluxe Tapejara still in its box and for a reasonable price? I've looked on eBay and all the ones available there are used and don't come with their original boxes.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm trying to find the 2009 retooled Bull T. rex. From what I've read on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, it was one of the very few excellent toys that Hasbro made, possibly their best JP toy they've ever made. I see 2 on Ebay, but they're well over $100 each. One is $145 but has free shipping and the other is $138.84 if you add in the shipping costs. You can get a loose JP Red T. rex or young T. rex for lower prices then that.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 12:00 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I'm trying to find the 2009 retooled Bull T. rex. From what I've read on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, it was one of the very few excellent toys that Hasbro made, possibly their best JP toy they've ever made. I see 2 on Ebay, but they're well over $100 each. One is $145 but has free shipping and the other is $138.84 if you add in the shipping costs. You can get a loose JP Red T. rex or young T. rex for lower prices then that.
That's the price you're going to have to pay. Unless you can find one at a flea market/ garage sale, you're kinda out of luck. The figure is almost at Demon Carnotaurus status. (ayy 250th post)

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 5:28 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
That's the price you're going to have to pay. Unless you can find one at a flea market/ garage sale, you're kinda out of luck. The figure is almost at Demon Carnotaurus status. (ayy 250th post)

I did find my TLW Bull T. rex at my local flew market back in 2015. So I'm hoping to get lucky again. Besides, I might still find some other JP/TLW toys.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JP and JW toy wishlist help?   JP and JW toy wishlist help? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JP and JW toy wishlist help?
Page 1 of 1