Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Lythro's Typical Crap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

Lythro's Typical Crap Empty
PostSubject: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Guess who's back?

WIP - Definitive Tyrannosaurus rex for early 2016
Lythro's Typical Crap Progress____by_lythroa-da6tsly
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Kool m9.

Seriously tho, great work, man. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:30 am

Just so much stunnig detail. Woulda' look at that leg!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Lythro's Typical Crap Tyrannosaurus_rex_by_lythroa-dac8sf4
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 8:49 pm

You call this crap? haha I wish I had this sort of talent. Awesome work!

Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Lythro's Typical Crap Alamotyrannus_brinkmani___second_revison__by_lythroa-d9grx56
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Lythronax wrote:
Lythro's Typical Crap Alamotyrannus_brinkmani___second_revison__by_lythroa-d9grx56

You are very talented for somebody so young. Needs to be slimmed down in the checks a bit, but other then that, it's an excellent piece of art.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Lythro's Typical Crap Tyrannosaurus__by_lythroa-dbher3k
Lythro's Typical Crap Spinosaurus_aegyptiacus_by_lythroa-dbfziqt
Lythro's Typical Crap Tyrannosaurus_bataar_by_lythroa-dblr2rt

Sketch dump
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Lythronax wrote:
Lythro's Typical Crap Tyrannosaurus__by_lythroa-dbher3k
Lythro's Typical Crap Spinosaurus_aegyptiacus_by_lythroa-dbfziqt
Lythro's Typical Crap Tyrannosaurus_bataar_by_lythroa-dblr2rt

Sketch dump

The T. rexes are really good. The second one needs some more muscles on it's legs, but that could be just the angle. As for the Spino, the head looks too much like a pelican. I guess it's me getting too used the 'new' Spinosaurus (2014-today) being more like a crocodile/gharial then anything else.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lythronax wrote:

You are very talented for somebody so young. Needs to be slimmed down in the checks a bit, but other then that, it's an excellent piece of art.
Lythro's alive woooooo
Those drawings look amazing dude! Great job!!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 10:42 am

Thank you all for the kind words!

Lythro's Typical Crap Inktober_week__1___velociraptor__by_lythroa-dbpmwjk
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 10:43 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

The T. rexes are really good. The second one needs some more muscles on it's legs, but that could be just the angle. As for the Spino, the head looks too much like a pelican. I guess it's me getting too used the 'new' Spinosaurus (2014-today) being more like a crocodile/gharial then anything else.

The second one is actually T. bataar Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Lythronax wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

The second one is actually T. bataar Wink

Oh, OK. It's just pretty hard to tell them apart.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Lythronax wrote:
Thank you all for the kind words!

Lythro's Typical Crap Inktober_week__1___velociraptor__by_lythroa-dbpmwjk
My spirit animal.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 9:35 am

Lythro's Typical Crap 588ff3c0cf8e65bca4598e0477aab4d7-dbqv3r0

Tyrannosaurus zhuchengensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Lythronax wrote:

AKA Zhuchengtyrannus.

It's a well drawn piece, but again, as with that one other piece, it needs it's other leg to be drawn to make it more balanced. It just looks like it's standing on one leg.

And don't we need far more fossil evidence to consider if Zhuchengtyrannus is a species of Tyrannosaurus? Call me old fashioned, but I always thought that we needed more evidence to make a determination. It's just that I've noticed that paleontology as a science go more into speculation and straying less and less toward hard evidence. Yes, I know that it has been dependent on speculation more then most other sciences, but even so, it's just that I'm seeing less and less stuff based on hard evidence and more and more flashy speculation presented as 'facts' in the past few years.

Back to top Go down
Lythronax
Veteran
Veteran
Lythronax

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lythronax wrote:

AKA Zhuchengtyrannus.

It's a well drawn piece, but again, as with that one other piece, it needs it's other leg to be drawn to make it more balanced. It just looks like it's standing on one leg.

And don't we need far more fossil evidence to consider if Zhuchengtyrannus is a species of Tyrannosaurus? Call me old fashioned, but I always thought that we needed more evidence to make a determination. It's just that I've noticed that paleontology as a science go more into speculation and straying less and less toward hard evidence. Yes, I know that it has been dependent on speculation more then most other sciences, but even so, it's just that I'm seeing less and less stuff based on hard evidence and more and more flashy speculation presented as 'facts' in the past few years.

Ostensibly the family Tyrannosaurinae is made up of several genera which really have no reason to exist. For example, "Zhuchengtyrannus", although displaying one or two less derived features than "Tarbosaurus", is extremely similar in all respects with the material we have. It lived in the same place, and slightly earlier. Now, a genus cannot derive itself into another directly, but species can. I've proposed for a while now that taxonomy of prehistoric animals needs to modernise itself, as palaeontologists have enormous egos and like to name anything and everything as completely new things when with modern animals, they'd likely be under the same genus.

Literally what I'm suggesting is that "Zhuchengtyrannus" & "Tarbosaurus" are within the genus Tyrannosaurus and directly speciated into the next more derived form as time went by, i.e T. zhuchengensis > T. bataar >(Bering Strait land bridge) > Tyrannosaurus rex gracillis > Tyrannosaurus rex robustus. Aside from skull morphology, there is very, very little different aside from the next species on being slightly more derived than the last.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Lythronax wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lythronax wrote:

AKA Zhuchengtyrannus.

Ostensibly the family Tyrannosaurinae is made up of several genera which really have no reason to exist. For example, "Zhuchengtyrannus", although displaying one or two less derived features than "Tarbosaurus", is extremely similar in all respects with the material we have. It lived in the same place, and slightly earlier. Now, a genus cannot derive itself into another directly, but species can. I've proposed for a while now that taxonomy of prehistoric animals needs to modernise itself, as palaeontologists have enormous egos and like to name anything and everything as completely new things when with modern animals, they'd likely be under the same genus.

Literally what I'm suggesting is that "Zhuchengtyrannus" & "Tarbosaurus" are within the genus Tyrannosaurus and directly speciated into the next more derived form as time went by, i.e T. zhuchengensis > T. bataar >(Bering Strait land bridge) > Tyrannosaurus rex gracillis > Tyrannosaurus rex robustus. Aside from skull morphology, there is very, very little different aside from the next species on being slightly more derived than the last.

I've heard that Tarbosaurus is considered a species of Tyrannosaurus by some, but I never heard about Zhuchengtyrannus being one, too. Again, with so few remains of it found, I think we should wait until more remains of it are found. It just reminds me of Horner's theory of Torosaurus being the full grown form of Triceratops, or at least those of males and how it's largely discredited by most people in part due to the lack of Torosaurus remains compared to the overwhelming amount of Triceratops fossils.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lythro's Typical Crap   Lythro's Typical Crap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lythro's Typical Crap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: Expanded Lore :: Fanwork Hub-
Jump to: