Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic Goofs Thread

Go down 
+2
owenpratt
Oshronosaurus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Jurassic Goofs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 10:51 pm

didn't see one of these already so i figured i may as well start one. in this thread, we discuss any legitimate production errors in the films, simple as. i'm sure we all know the classics, but here's one that i just noticed while rewatching Jurassic World.

in the scene in Wu's secret lab, particular attention is given to the other genetically-engineered critters in those reptile tanks, which--like most of the animals in the film--were all-CGI. however, when Hoskins is ambushed by Delta, we get to see the tanks again and, suddenly, they're all empty!

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
didn't see one of these already so i figured i may as well start one. in this thread, we discuss any legitimate production errors in the films, simple as. i'm sure we all know the classics, but here's one that i just noticed while rewatching Jurassic World.

in the scene in Wu's secret lab, particular attention is given to the other genetically-engineered critters in those reptile tanks, which--like most of the animals in the film--were all-CGI. however, when Hoskins is ambushed by Delta, we get to see the tanks again and, suddenly, they're all empty!

Maybe they all hide because of Delta lol

When the Indominus attacks the gyrosphere, the kids are sitting looking above them. But when they got free of the belts to escape, they magically are sitting on the opposite side of the gyrosphere.
Or a bit later, we see Zach stops running to see the Indominus coming from the trees, but in the following shot, he's still running.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 12:46 am

This has probably been discussed already, but the end of JP, when they're flying east into the sunset? - it always bugs me Razz

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Troodon_formosus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Flying into the sunset is probably a mistake, but it's explainable. The storm just passed the previous day, for all we know it could still be hovering off of the western coast of Isla Nublar. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the helicopter had to head eastward in order to safely fly around the storm.

The Forgotten World Characters: Cessna (Pteranodon longiceps masranii ♀)
Back to top Go down
http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Wait, am I missing something, why wouldn't they head east? Nublar is off the west coast of Costa Rica, so why wouldn't they be heading east, back to mainland?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Mistral wrote:
Wait, am I missing something, why wouldn't they head east? Nublar is off the west coast of Costa Rica, so why wouldn't they be heading east, back to mainland?

The InGen chopper they flew out in was more than likely not stationed in Costa Rica.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

The InGen chopper they flew out in was more than likely not stationed in Costa Rica.

Why not?

Hammond had a plane in Choteau ready to take Grant and Sattler, as he told them. They probably picked up Malcolm and Gennaro somewhere on the way. After that I always assumed they flew in it to Costa Rica and took helicopter from there. Just like in the novel.

I'm not expert in copters but taking copter ride from States to Nublar would've probably taken ages. And again at the end of the film I doubt they phoned InGen copter to pick them up all the way from USA, rather the copter was stationed nearby in mainland for quick pickup.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:34 am

the issue is more that they're flying in the wrong direction: Costa Rica would be east of Nublar, but they were flying towards the sunset, in the west Wink

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 9:05 am

Right, I had thought the argument being that east was wrong direction for some reason.

Well maybe Hammond has a ship/yacht nearby in the east that can land copters, or whatever Smile
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 6:54 pm

After surviving the Spino boat attack, where was Alan's pack with the stolen raptor eggs? That s**t should have got destroyed and crushed. We know how delicate they are, yet they just appear in the next scene.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:31 pm

I tried rewatching it yesterday to confirm it's magical disappearance. Went frame-by-frame when stuff was sliding to the bottom of the river from the boat but it wasn't there. I guess they just forgot it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Goofs Thread   Jurassic Goofs Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Goofs Thread
Page 1 of 1