Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"

Go down 
+11
Tyrant Lizard
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Levine
Baryonyx111
Nedryland
Sickle_Claw
Spinosaur4.4
owenpratt
dance2nite
15 posters
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Empty
PostSubject: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 3:00 am

Hold on to your butts! It’s been a dry spell lately, annotated only by strange and uncertain happenings. While the Jurassic World sequel will begin filming early next year, news has been nonexistent. However, we now have something fun and worthwhile to report: the working title for ‘Jurassic World 2’ is “Ancient Futures“!

This news comes per the latest issue of Production Weekly, a film career magazine geared towards industry professionals following and finding jobs. Digging deeper to validate the authenticity of this report, we discovered that Universal Pictures owns a ‘Private Limited Company’ in London by the same name (Est. January 25th, 2016).

For those wondering, this does not mean the next movie will be called ‘Jurassic World Ancient Futures’. In fact, it’s highly unlikely. Working titles are often picked before the films final title even exists, and serve as a temporary production company to operate from. In the case of Jurassic World, its working title was “Ebb Tide” – another high profile example would be ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ with a working title of “Magnus Rex”.

While this may not tell us much about the movies actual title or plot, we do know production is gearing up. While we are not subscribed to Production Weekly, some details about potential job openings are included in the latest issue. Further, this news helps validate that London will be used as a locale (likely Pinewood Studios). We will be sure to look into this further, and share any details as they arise!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-jurassic-world-2s-working-title-ancient-futures/

scratch

Anyone here a member of Production Weekly? as the new issue has some production info regarding the film! Smile
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 5:53 am

Hopefully we will get a real official title soon Smile

"Ancient Futures" anyway reminds me of dinosaurs in modern day lol

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 5:59 am

DOUBLE POST:

I found out something about the new "Ancient Futures" title. Just a theory.
I always thought at "Futures" as just the plural of "future", the time period. But I foudn this intersting thought on BoxOfficeTheory forum:

Quote :
Ancient Futures is fitting due to making the creation of dinosaurs a global corporate enterprise with competing companies. It's just like Trevorrow alluded to when talking about the sequel months ago.

Quote :
Futures are financial contracts giving the buyer an obligation to purchase an asset (and the seller an obligation to sell an asset) at a set price at a future point in time.

That's interesting. Never thought at "futures" as a financial thing, but just as the plural of "future". Looks like Trevorrow wants to insist on the criticism to corporations/money also in JW2. Which would be cool, since it would give a continuity on the subtext of the new trilogy.

If a working title can make us speculate these theories, I wonder what a real official title can do.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:24 pm

I can only imagine about dinosaurs going loose everywhere and humans trying to create a way to control them.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:41 pm

given this is a working title I would not read too much into this. After all, Ebb Tide meant nothing.

Veteran
Veteran
Nedryland

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Eh.

I hope it changes, which I' sure it will.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
given this is a working title I would not read too much into this. After all, Ebb Tide meant nothing.

That doesn't mean that this one can't mean anything. And "Ancient Futures" surely is not entirely random. It actually fits perfectly with what Trevorrow said in that interview. It's not reading too much into it, it's just stating a truth, that they chosed a working title which is based at least partially on (one of the) aspects/theme of the film. Otherwise, it would be a really really big coincidence. I mean, Trevorrow himself said it will talk about that.
Then we might find out that "Ancient Futures" is just the name of a market of London, idk, but for what we know now, it's definitely about the movie (nothing new, since we already know that fact, confirmed by Trevorrow).

Also, I just did a little research. Back to The Future Part II was called "Paradox" (and it fits the story), Alien was called "Star Beast", The Avengers was called "Group Hug" (lmao this one). Sometimes cryptical, sometimes funny, but still they are based on what the movie is/has.
No reason why "Ancient Futures" wouldn't be based on the fact dinos are ruling our future (or dinos used as futures/merch)

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:07 am

Yeah, so far, judging by all the (admittedly few) signs, they seem to be keeping with the whole other corporations making dinosaurs and the mainland thing that Trev suggested last year.

Veteran
Veteran
Nedryland

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 5:06 pm

I have to admit, while I know it is a working title and incredibly likely to change. I am still rather worried the direction the next sequel is heading in.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Ebb Tide...tide...tidal wave...Mosasaur...caused a tidal wave...Razz
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Jurassic World: Oxymorons. But in all seriousness, it's an odd title. I'd prefer it to be called something else. Preferably Jurassic Rampage.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm

I feel like Jurassic Rampage would be the title of the spoof from The Asylum that would release after this film, lol.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Considering how part of the movie will take place on the mainland, I think 'Invasion' would be a good idea for a working title.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:59 pm

"Jurassic World: Edge of Chaos" please.

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:24 pm

I've been fond of Jurassic Era/Jurassic World: The New Era myself, implying the beginning of the age of mankind and dinosaurs coexisting in some greater capacity, and the chaos that it implies.

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I'll save Jurassic Extinction for JP6.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Jurassic War for JW3 please.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Nothing to do with dinosaurs and war! Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Jurassic Battle then? *does troll face* Razz

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 9:40 pm

I would be fine with the title jurassic age
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

You're fired  Angry

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 9:44 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

You're fired  Angry

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 2:38 am

I think the title will have EPOCH in it somewhere :

The Next Epoch : Jurassic World
The New Epoch : Jurassic World
Epoch : Jurassic World
Jurassic World : Epoch

Etc
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 2:52 am

Honestly I don't see most people pronouncing Epoch.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:00 am

I'd be fine with Ancient Futures being the actual title. It kind of fits what the movie's trying to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"    JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW2/JP5's working title is "Anicent Futures"
Page 1 of 1