Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

More Crichton's novels are coming

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Henrique_Z_Tomassi
Embryo
Embryo
Henrique_Z_Tomassi

More Crichton's novels are coming Empty
PostSubject: More Crichton's novels are coming   More Crichton's novels are coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Guys, We know about Dragon Teeth, but can we expect more postumous works from Crichton?
I investigated it and found something interesting. You'll have to translate the text:

http://jurassicpark44.org/2016/09/22/bomba-ha-mais-livros-ineditos-de-michael-crichton-para-serem-publicados

More Crichton's novels are coming Banner11
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicpark44.org
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: More Crichton's novels are coming   More Crichton's novels are coming Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Interesting at any rate. That drip method lends hope and also gives insight into exactly how Crichton was such a fiscal genius to keep the money flowing. He was pretty smart. There is some hope then, especially with Dragon Teeth providing evidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Crichton's novels are coming   More Crichton's novels are coming Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 pm

I've been wondering about something. And I hope that I'm overly cynical and 100% wrong in even thinking about it. But given that there apparently still might be more books coming even after Dragon Teeth, which is already the third posthumous Crichton publication 9 years after his death, is there a danger that some of these new titles might just be written by ghost writers? You know to try to take advantage of famous name to try to increase sales. I don't find Micro and Pirate Latitudes suspicious as they were released soon after his passing and had very trademark Crichton language (+ Micro was admitted of being co-written/finished by another author), but I think the more far we go into the future the more questionable it might become from where under the carpet they were found. You know they might be based on his ideas, but were they really fully written by him?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: More Crichton's novels are coming   More Crichton's novels are coming Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

I think tbh the Crichton estate probably has had to deal with long legal battles every time one of his works is found. So thats why they may be doing it one at a time. So they claim that Dragon Teeth was mostly finished but I wonder how extensive his files were.

PostSubject: Re: More Crichton's novels are coming   More Crichton's novels are coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Crichton's novels are coming
Page 1 of 1