Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Live the Legend Redux

Go down 
+5
SmugTheFab
BarrytheOnyx
TheRexMan22
VoxelMush
Spiegel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

Live the Legend Redux Empty
PostSubject: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 pm

So, I've been missing LTL a lot and other RPGs are simply not cutting it for me. Being that I have the information and that its a waste to not use and preserve it, I've done this:

Jurassic Role Play Forum

I'm bringing LTL back to its former glory one way or another. Well, at least, Im attempting to. Im going to need players though and staff. I need input to make things exactly like we would want them. I need a community.

I had attempted to propose to multiple sites that we combine our efforts in creating a singular RPG to at least serve as some form of link in the community. I havent really heard back from anyone, so Im going to do it myself and invite other page members to join. Perhaps this can become a reality with a little patience and time.

I hope to bring Live the Legend back for us who it provided entertainment, safe haven, excitement, therapy, and good ol' writing practice to as well as introduce the newest JP/JW fans to a favorite past time.

So come check it out. Let me know what you think. Sign up and start posting your ideas.

As always, I'll be waiting.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 4:03 am

For anyone interested, progress is being made rapidly due to the ease of merely posting already created information. The more interest that is expressed the sooner it will be done. In all actuality, it could be complete sometime tomorrow.

I will do my best to give you the best possible experience.

Here's an image of the board if you haven't visited yet. Also, you can turn off the music or turn it all the way down if it annoys you. If you intend to join, there is a poll about keeping or removing the music player.

Live the Legend Redux Jurassic_Role_Play
Back to top Go down
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
VoxelMush

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 am

You know you have my support Spiegel, but perhaps it would be better to restrict the RP to a single island? This new RP's playerbase probably won't ever be as big as LtL's, so it's probably best to scale the content to the amount of active players there will be.

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 am

VoxelMush wrote:
You know you have my support Spiegel, but perhaps it would be better to restrict the RP to a single island? This new RP's playerbase probably won't ever be as big as LtL's, so it's probably best to scale the content to the amount of active players there will be.

The intent is to scale the RP and Forum to community size and player activity levels. This will be handled in the best possible way to keep the community active, engaged, and fresh without over burderning players or stretching activity too thin.

For expansion to take place:
1. The community will have to express an interest in doing so while being large and active enough to support such growth.
2. To keep the RPG/ Forum fresh in active.
- This would mean temporary closing an area to open a new, as if to pause that game. This would be handled in a manner that would allow players to finish out their current plot or story lines. As an example: Sorna grows redundant, thus all activity is paused there and Nublar (Or another island) is opened to keep people interested. It would be a lot like starting a video game with new a character or loading a new level in a video game.
- Other options would include introducing Build The Legend or similar JP/JW RPGs that fulfill the players needs to keep them active and engaged.

Expansion is a possibility and will be handled appropriately if and when the time comes and the opportunity presents itself. Should that not occur I will not stretch the players to a point of burdening them. I want to make it clear that, while possible and potentially a goal, an expansion wont take place without the community backing it.
Back to top Go down
VoxelMush
Hatchling
Hatchling
VoxelMush

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Spiegel wrote:
VoxelMush wrote:

The intent is to scale the RP and Forum to community size and player activity levels. This will be handled in the best possible way to keep the community active, engaged, and fresh without over burderning players or stretching activity too thin.

For expansion to take place:
1. The community will have to express an interest in doing so while being large and active enough to support such growth.
2. To keep the RPG/ Forum fresh in active.
- This would mean temporary closing an area to open a new, as if to pause that game. This would be handled in a manner that would allow players to finish out their current plot or story lines. As an example: Sorna grows redundant, thus all activity is paused there and Nublar (Or another island) is opened to keep people interested. It would be a lot like starting a video game with new a character or loading a new level in a video game.
- Other options would include introducing Build The Legend or similar JP/JW RPGs that fulfill the players needs to keep them active and engaged.

Expansion is a possibility and will be handled appropriately if and when the time comes and the opportunity presents itself. Should that not occur I will not stretch the players to a point of burdening them. I want to make it clear that, while possible and potentially a goal, an expansion wont take place without the community backing it.

Sounds good. What's Build the Legend though?

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 1:06 pm

I'm in!

Page looks good! I'm going to look around now.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Great, I am accepting registrations as I could start the game at any time now. Im only waiting until I have a few more members to get things going.

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 pm

I've just registered now! Getting acquainted with the list of extinct genera and the rules, but I look forward to having fun! Wink

Live the Legend Redux Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I've just registered now! Getting acquainted with the list of extinct genera and the rules, but I look forward to having fun! Wink

GREAT! We're happy to have you. I'll get you approves in just a moment. Posting should be open soon for the game to begin!
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm

I hope this kicks off, it should be fun!

Also, I'm just curious, will the roleplay will have NPCs?

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 5:10 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
I hope this kicks off, it should be fun!

Also, I'm just curious, will the roleplay will have NPCs?

Yes, there will be NPC's. I was hoping to find some rule sets I had already done in order to simply use them but it seems I may have to type up a new set. They'll be posted as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:25 pm

The Game Will Begin No Later Than Sunday February 5th!

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Live the Legend Redux Is Open To Play

The game is starting and players open to post at their leisure. The weather and time of day are updated. Ambient dinosaur information will be coming shortly.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

The game has started, our players are posting, and things are up to date. I am still looking for more members as I hope the amount of people interested in Role Playing is still larger than I think it is.

Also added a point and reputation system, as well as, a place to spend those points.

Come on down and check us out!

Jurassic Role Play: Live The Legend Redux
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Humans will become playable as part of a survival-based event in the RPG.

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 12:59 am

Thats right, humans are coming! Having taken and applied all the lessons of my mostly unfavorable mainland plot, we are introducing humans as a group of stranded tourists. Less restrictions, no mandatory posts, not mandatory events, and a whole lot more player control. Come check out the rules here:

Human Character Rules!

If you're interested please join us in what we hope will be an engaging, fun, and new experience.

Live the Legend Redux Main-qimg-13acc1af3183aba513f68c5122c24e0e-p

Restricted or not, here we come!

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 pm

While I know there isnt a ton of interest and no one will respond, I'd still like to let any mainframe members that might have the slightest tickle of interest know that the Humans are now on Isla Sorna and ready to be chased, injured, killed, and eaten.

Jurassic Role Play Portal Page

Live the Legend Redux Borgsig
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 7:26 am

Due to a number of circumstances, primarily a lack of interest and players, I'll be pausing the RPG. Though this may eventually lead to deletion, at this point I'm going to leave it open in hopes that somehow things will take a new turn for more activity.

Much like the RPG here, it seems the park is closing and potentially going extinct.

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 9:26 am

Here I am, yet again, seeking to start the RPG up. I still have people signing up for membership despite the fact I closed the site down due to a general lack of activity and interest. However, I am now up to 37 members, and this to me means there are probably enough people interested, at some level, to have an active game. I need to know if anyone is interested before I commit to this endeavor.

Also, I'm considering revamping the game from a Sorna/Site B based game into a Nublar/Fallen Kingdom based game. With the new dinosaur list from the DPG, I think we could add some new dinosaurs to the old Nublar back setting. Basically the game would be based from the time Jurassic World collapses until the time of Fallen Kingdom.

Here is the list, I'm sure you've all seen. We see a few new species as well as some LTL returns.
Live the Legend Redux Dpg-cr10

Anyway, if you're interested please post here or visit my forum. Sign up as a member or post in the central chat to let me know you're ready and willing to play.

Jurassic Role Play!

Thanks!

TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 1:53 pm

I've registered

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 10:59 pm

I am slowly getting back into things, If I find the time I will definitely take a look. I know how passionate about this you are and want to be able to give something for ya.

Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:53 am

I like the site! Registered and snooping around BTL. Memories, eh?

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:35 am

Cha0ticArch0saur wrote:
I like the site! Registered and snooping around BTL. Memories, eh?

Thanks, I found some images from the original LTL that I used to create it. Memories is right, I really want to get that same feel again, or at least close to it.

TheRexMan22 wrote:
I've registered

Approved, thanks for your interest. I'll begin posting somethings today.

TRK wrote:
I am slowly getting back into things, If I find the time I will definitely take a look. I know how passionate about this you are and want to be able to give something for ya.

Dont feel obligated in anyway, but your interest is very welcome.

Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm

If it's set on Nublar, count me in, since I just registered (man, that verification code was tricky, I had to set it to audio just to get it). Very Happy

Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Island Queen wrote:
If it's set on Nublar, count me in, since I just registered (man, that verification code was tricky, I had to set it to audio just to get it). Very Happy

Awesome, I approved you.

There is a slight delay, all major theme parks have delays, and tomorrow I will begin some work on the Nublar/JWFK setting. Be sure to visit the forum for updates!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live the Legend Redux   Live the Legend Redux Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Live the Legend Redux
Page 1 of 1