Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPOG Jungle Mod

Go down 
+4
FTKchuuNINJA
Chimichanga
Troodon
jaml655
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:33 pm

JPOG Jungle Mod
A simple mod from my freetime made of edits to several tree models, with many having extra ferns and smaller trees next to them aswell as size changes making certain trees larger. It makes the modern tree foliage much more dense. There is much more size diversity among the plants, giving a more complete jungle feel. This mod only changes models not textures, so it should be compatible with most mods. My foliage uses JPOG Forgotten textures. Only changes modern trees, The Paleo Expansion pack is several posts down.

Jungle Mod
https://imgur.com/a/TTmie

Jungle Mod HD
https://imgur.com/a/IXhu7

HD= "Higher Density". This version adds on more ground foliage, and is generally overall better. The reason there are two separate mods is because the first one may be less taxing on your computer, but HD doesn't lag much at all on my laptop, so hopefully that's the one you can stick with.

P.S. My Bubble density in the TreeDist file is set to 967(Only 967!) in the pics, the max that can be set is 5000, go nuts.
Here's a pic of the HD version at 3900 Bubbles (pic by Chimichanga)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271078006217375744/278330551667261440/Trees.jpg
There's a hatchery in the middle, it's dense af!

Jungle Mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/jpog-jungle-mod/downloads/jpog-jungle-mod

Jungle Mod HD
http://www.moddb.com/mods/jpog-jungle-mod/downloads/jpog-jungle-mod-hd

Extract the file and place all of its contents into the Models folder

Known issues: Since certain trees have extra plants such as ferns being a part of their model, you may see some plants over hanging water and during torandos some ferns may start floating.

Last edited by jaml655 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 1:06 am

http://jura.0forum.biz/t1909-flora-mod-modificacion-para-arboles
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 8:44 am

Troodon wrote:
http://jura.0forum.biz/t1909-flora-mod-modificacion-para-arboles
This is actually a vastly different mod than that, if you're inquiring otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:55 am

Yes, but what I want to achieve is that High Density had already seen it before, I'm not really surprised.
Back to top Go down
Chimichanga
Embryo
Embryo
Chimichanga

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:15 pm

Troodon wrote:
Yes, but what I want to achieve is that High Density had already seen it before, I'm not really surprised.

Basically, rather than just a standard bubble edit, he's added smaller trees around the larger ones (which also have varied sizes) So when you combo the tree.dist and the mod it basically makes the trees form a very hard to see through wall due to additional models added to the single tree model rather than single models being bunched together.

Heres some screenshots with lighter flora skins.

Spoiler:

As you can see, he's added smaller models of the same tree to look like ferns on the ground ect.

FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:43 pm

One question, do the trees take up space from other trees?

ex.= cocopalm_hi, chkferns_hi, dpalml_hi..... if u make the smaller cocopalm, does that smaller tree take up space of another tree like the smaller cocopalm replaces chkferns_hi or did u make two models in one, one big and one small?

Edit: By gawd you need to do this to the dpalml_lo.tmd i'll show an update in the FCM showcasing this! I need to learn this new modeling thing! O,O
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Nope the trees don't take up space from other trees, I duplicated parts of the tree models in blender to make smaller plants or smaller versions of said tree, all in one model so I wouldn't have to edit or make new uv maps or textures. It's lazy but effective Smile Also dpalml_lo? Is it a paleo tree?
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm

yes it is, and a very cruicial, and why lo model?, well....... its an awesome tree that'll enhance jungles significantly if anything the lo models have great potential to be better temperate/tropical trees and shrubs.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 pm

I may look into doing the same for paleo trees at a later date, so I'll take a look at it

Edit: Also people should come join equinox's discord, any problems or feedback on equinox's tool can be given here, and it's a nice place to chat with others and showcase mods/models: https://discord.gg/kUUvx
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 am

JPOGJM Paleo Expansion

https://imgur.com/a/wsL35

This one is more of an overhaul of the paleo tree models, but somewhat unlike the jungle mod. While making it just as lush and dense as the modern trees, I decided to replace certain paleo plants this time. Half of them share a similar texture which became an eye sore, so certain models are replaced( most of the fern trees and chkferntrees) with heavily edited modern or other paleo trees (for instance the ground cycads are from the sago palm). Added some interesting ground foilage such as cycads, ferns, the occasional tree root jutting out the ground, and fallen logs. Along with the changes to paleo trees, I found a way to reduce the heavy rocking of trees when a dinosaur brushes by it, the file is included and affects specific trees both modern and paleo. If you experience much lag right now with both mods or just one, fear not, eventually Equinox's tool will support LOD(level of detail) generation, which will help this mod out a lot.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jpog-jungle-mod/downloads/jpog-jungle-mod-paleo-expansion
The Trees.ini goes in just the Data folder. Everything else in the models folder

P.S. I realized while making these mods that we don't have any branched trees other than palms, I hope someone fixes that one day

Last edited by jaml655 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 am

cud we finally have the conifers we all have been wanting? *O* now I can start the Sorna conifers one more time!
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Oh yes conifers are definitely possible with joint effort of modelling and skinning
I made this model for the mod but it didn't quite fit in because it made the paleo enviroment look too much like a swamp biome:
https://i.imgur.com/73LY8AO.png
https://i.imgur.com/cwpuT19.png
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 2:41 pm

HOLY CRAP! This is awesome!! Tried it out and it was like seeing a new game. Oh man I'm gonna have fun making the preview video now. Umm since you can pretty much manipulate the model I have a bit of a favor to ask......well I'd pretty much was gonna showcase the skins I did for FCM:HD but after seeing the trees, might I ask for one particular tree? the dpalm_lo.tmd has a different shape that makes a great oak or maple or willow, basically, just an up scaled version of this would be awesome. If you have seen my vid "The Hunt" , there shud be figs that I used the Dino poop on. It'd be nice to get those trees on hills or mountains. Don't worry I know how to make _hi and _lo trees appear together. Sorry if I sound so insistent but admittingly, I want to recreate the raptor scene in Jurassic World. Well, you don't have to comply, just pretty much admiring the work you've done so far.

Btw, your mod worked wonders when I tried it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Hey FTK, did you made skins of jurassic world raptors? Pls repply.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Wow... I was literally just thinking how cool it would be to have some fallen logs laying around. I've tried the modern set so far.

Very nice work!

Edit: Paleo set looks great too. My island is starting to look like some dangerous unaccommodating place now.

Last edited by LostWorld on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Here's the dpalm_lo FTK, made it taller. (I wish Ecliptic was also still here to appreciate the modelling advances too Crying or Very sad )
https://www.mediafire.com/?npo2b9392gkv7pl

Glad the mod is well received too, I can leave it be for now/ever
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you so much my friend. Now I can advance to (re)making the raptor scene. Although owen won't be riding alongside, a squad car will do the trick! And again with the modeling advances, who knows what'll be in store this year. I guess its safe to say that our drought of modding activity has come to an end with the rains of a new beginning. Very impressed with the generation these days. Of course that's enough of me blowing hot air into the atmosphere.

I miss my colleague too btw.....it was brief but I had fun creating our monsters in our respective labs alongside one of my modeling fwendos.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I'm sure a lot will be in store this year at the rate things are going

Yea, hopefully he hasn't completely dropped JPOG at this point.

Also! Forgot to say anyone can use this mod and any of its assets for their own mods as long as they don't claim this solely as their own creation.
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 8:51 am

Thank you soooo much for the tree! (Swamps anyone?) Getting the raptors running through really enhanced the experience. I was expecting you do do the same as the other trees but this fits fine. However; I have one more favor as a fan, could you be able to do an up scaled model twice the size with the leaves enlarged as well? I'm trying to recreate the figs you see in JP1 with the brachiosaurus scene with Dr.Grant and the kids. If possible though, I know it's too much to ask but I'd really want this preview to be one to remember. You don't have to fulfill this request, but it'd mean so much to me.

On another note, if Equinox figures out a way to really mess with the source codes, we'll actually have dinos climb mountains and have waterfalls acting as water sources. Soon JPOG's quality will be equivalent to games such as The Isle and Collision Course, theoretically speaking. Ahhhhhh...... This year will be amazing.

#makejpoggreatagain
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 am

Herey a go, a much more upscaled model. It's no trouble at all really, it only takes 2 minutes to resize parts of the tree, making a whole new looking tree though takes longer
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4v1ouyh7y85cuwk/dpalml_lo3.tmd

I believe he already has, he told us on the discord he discovered a feature that was commented out of the game's coding for performance reasons before release. A learning system for the dinosaurs:

"The perception neural network was also supposed to learn -- so if you constantly fed a spino visitors they'd be more likely to recognize visitors as food
And if a spino kept failing to eat an anky they'd be less likely to recognize on as food....The networks are all there, It was just disabled for performance reasons...I think the training was commented out before the build....But just imagine -- you make a huge sauropod and can train it to it doesn't recognize carnivores as threats."

But for now, as Chimichanga keeps telling me from time to time, baby steps
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 7:13 am

Again love the tree, but could you also increase the width of the tree trunk and enlarge the leaves a bit more so it feels more like a canopy? all the other models you've sent me will go to the forest biome in the FCM:HD mod. Like just keep the proportions like how the original model has or widen it more than what I received. I want to be able to see the vines hang from the branches. The one you gave me is excellent for another type of tree I had scrapped off the list.

JPOG Jungle Mod I0dkPnz

In the image is the model you gave me alongside the original model next to it for comparison. the poorly drawn trees are edits that will help achieve my goal.

[the black box is the intended width of the trunk. the green is the desired size]
[the other tree is another tree, the willow I wanted to add.]

remember the paleojp_hi model that you gave me? well if you were to shrink the top part to a small size and gradually increase each piecelittle by little till the lowest part is the biggest, you'd make a fine conifer. after the edits adjust the size and voila, JPOG's first noticeable evergreen tree! but save that for time that you'd wanna work on. The previous edits are what I am after.
Back to top Go down
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Ooooh ok that picture helps out a lot, let's move this to private messages

About the mod, a patch will be coming out sometime soon addressing the issue of tree models poking through park buildings
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 10:38 am

^ This is a little funny, because the first thing that my guests encounter when coming out the doors is two fallen trees in the pathway. haha

It's still great though

Back to top Go down
Rexy12341
Embryo
Embryo

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 8:31 pm

If I made skins for more ground plants like flowers think you could us them?

A dinosaur Facebook group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/1011995095509458/
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey guys! The taller tree model looks superb. I've been looking for something like that for a long time. I find it so strange that the dinosaurs are just consistently as tall or taller than the trees, like trees are incapable of being bigger than dinosaurs. However, both of the models posted are listed as private. How do I get this file? It would be the icing on the cake of my current Site B.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JPOG Jungle Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPOG Jungle Mod   JPOG Jungle Mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPOG Jungle Mod
Page 1 of 1