Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
It could also eat dinosaurs that come to drink from the lagoon.

Does it have saltwater or fresh water? I know that Nublar has many streams and rivers so dinosaurs wouldn't go to it. And even if they did, after a while, they'd remember that a really big carnivore exists in it. But if it's a saltwater tank, forget it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oviraptor wrote:

Does it have saltwater or fresh water? I know that Nublar has many streams and rivers so dinosaurs wouldn't go to it. And even if they did, after a while, they'd remember that a really big carnivore exists in it. But if it's a saltwater tank, forget it.
It's a lagoon, and according to definition, a lagoon has saltwater. I doubt even piscivores like Baryonyx and Suchomimus would go near it, being freshwater dwellers. Perhaps an unknowing pteranodon might dive in every few weeks, but that's not a great white every 2 hours from 8am-10pm.

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 2:47 pm

In any case, I wonder how upset casual audiences and JP fans alike would be at the sight and discovery of a dead Mosasaurus. There's no doubt that most people get emotionally effected by a dead animal, for instance even in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, the death of the Kraken was incredibly melancholic and even emotional for some despite the fact that it was an enormous menace in the second movie and sunk the Black Pearl. The Mosasaur dealt the killing move to the Indominus rex, and I wonder how people will respond to finding it's dead, possibly skeletal, remains.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:28 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oviraptor wrote:

It's a lagoon, and according to definition, a lagoon has saltwater. I doubt even piscivores like Baryonyx and Suchomimus would go near it, being freshwater dwellers. Perhaps an unknowing pteranodon might dive in every few weeks, but that's not a great white every 2 hours from 8am-10pm.

Then unless the dinosaurs were genetically modified to be allowed to drink saltwater without being dehydrated, which while possible isn't likely, then most of them stayed away and the Mosasaurus died. A few many have wondered close and got eaten, but after a while, enough of them had the common sense to stay away. Besides, as I wrote before, Nublar has many freshwater rivers and streams so they wouldn't need to go to the lagoon anyway.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm

If you look again at the dilophosaurus, you'll notice a bumpy line running down its spine. This suggests a slight redesign rather than a Rex hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:33 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
In any case, I wonder how upset casual audiences and JP fans alike would be at the sight and discovery of a dead Mosasaurus. There's no doubt that most people get emotionally effected by a dead animal, for instance even in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, the death of the Kraken was incredibly melancholic and even emotional for some despite the fact that it was an enormous menace in the second movie and sunk the Black Pearl. The Mosasaur dealt the killing move to the Indominus rex, and I wonder how people will respond to finding it's dead, possibly skeletal, remains.

Unless the Mosa ate Indy whole it would kinda be cool to see pieces of its skeleton down there too imo.

I don't really know. It does sound a bit disturbing now that you mention a scene like that. I wonder if there actually will be a scene finding it dead.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Maybe they won't even address it. Set photos of a destroyed Main Street show that we'll be getting a look at the area, but I just don't see how anything mosasaurus related could be worked in without being overly long and tangential.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Maybe they won't even address it. Set photos of a destroyed Main Street show that we'll be getting a look at the area, but I just don't see how anything mosasaurus related could be worked in without being overly long and tangential.

I just don't see how they can't. It's just too big to shove under the bed.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Not as big as Sorna lol

Spoiler :
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Not as big as Sorna lol

Spoiler :

Wink Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Well, if the Spino skeleton on Main Street is in fact the same Spino from JP3, then Sorna, by extension, hasn't been retconned.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 pm

I think Sorna will atleast be brought up in this movie.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Have you guys seen this? Scroll through the pictures.

https://instagram.com/p/BTCE097l81z/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 2:07 am

Chris Pratt talks about the sequel :

"Aw man, J.A. Bayona? Do you know that filmmaker? He’s a remarkable filmmaker. If you haven’t seen The Impossible or A Monster Calls, I mean he’s really visually masterful. Deep emotions and suspense. I think it’s going to be a scarier version. A little bit darker and will continue to expand and carry the story forward in a way that is really unexpected and you wouldn’t have imagined."

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-chris-pratt-darker-scarier-tone/
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Have you guys seen this? Scroll through the pictures.

https://instagram.com/p/BTCE097l81z/

So do you guys think we are goutonsee the roller coaster???

Also @dance2nite

Sounds awesome Very Happy. Pumped
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Also some more filming locations revealed :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTFFWF-Fdgc/?taken-by=jurassic_world2018&hl=en
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Starting to think that London filming only has to do with the zoo they wanted to film along with tax reasons. It seems contrived for this adventure to take place on Nublar and then go so far above the equator.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Personally, I'm happy to see the franchise go to the United Kingdom (a little bit biased here as it is my country) because I would like to see a scene in the JP franchise set outside the Americas or the Pacific islands. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to see the dinosaurs in a more temperate, perhaps even colder, climate. As said in earlier posts, I really like the idea of the world becoming the proverbial "Jurassic World" as in starting to carve out their own niches in the modern day ecosystems and how humans would adapt to that.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Dinosa12

Last edited by BarrytheOnyx on Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Personally, I'm happy to see the franchise go to the United Kingdom (a little bit biased here as it is my country) because I would like.

I can't help but wonder if this is a nod to how much of the first dinosaurs to truly be described were found in England. And let's not forget good ol' Nessie. Razz

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

Probably so.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

So they just filmed a chopper scene in the Main Street set. Mosa, anyone?  Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Forget it. How I delete?

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Because like I've said from the beginning. The Irex in JW had Zara's DNA. They need it!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

LMAO Zaraptor confirmed. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Why can't I see Mistral's reply saying it's so depressing? It isn't appearing for me. Weird
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Why can't I see Mistral's reply saying it's so depressing? It isn't appearing for me. Weird
I deleted it already.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I deleted mine before he did his Razz
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:08 pm

We have rain on the Main St Isla Nublar Set :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTH4vY_lEqI/?taken-by=jurassic_world2018&hl=en

Finally, something JW was sorely missing!! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next