Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Lol, yes rain is infinitely worse than any fanservice in JW.
Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

Meeeeow!

Well played I approve!

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17
It's fucking rain. Lol, this is the kind of fan service that can hurt a film. It's not needed.

Yeah, a rain is worse than a forced cameo from a character or something like that.  Laughing

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.

I mean cameos can be done well, I don't think anyone would call Lex/Tim cameo at TLW for example "forced", but I guess if you wanna play that game...
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Mistral wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17

I've never said I wanted a forced cameo, so I don't get this ha-ha joke that's obviously aimed at me. I've said I wanted old characters back (just like you want Wu) in proper roles, written well and incorporated to the story not in artificial way. Which I believe is perfectly doable if they tried/wanted. But obviously they don't.

OMG it wasn't a joke directed to you. Calm down. I just said that a rain isn't worse than something like a forced cameo, nothing aimed at you.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17

OMG it wasn't a joke directed to you. Calm down. I just said that a rain isn't worse than something like a forced cameo, nothing aimed at you.

I interpreted it that way because of how Tyrant Lizard replied to your post, you know cat fight and thumbs up for essentially "you got Mistral that time". My bad

SORRY

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 SVZwCKdihacRW
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Does anyone have a link to that video where they added in rain to the JW end fight? It was fan made and on YouTube but I can't find it.

Edit: never mind it's on Vimeo.

Obviously not amazing since it's fan work but I like it kinda. 
https://vimeo.com/161163794
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Mistral wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Comment there:

matthewjn17

I mean cameos can be done well, I don't think anyone would call Lex/Tim cameo at TLW for example "forced", but I guess if you wanna play that game...
I don't think they meant it in a mean spirited way. I think they wanted it to come off as more laughing with you(poking a little fun) rather than laughing at you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes I tend to jump the gun bit too quickly sometimes, but as proven, sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people mean on the internet. Especially when this isn't even my native tongue, sometimes the expressions fly over my head. But I'm sorry for it.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 pm

PMistral wrote:
Yes I tend to jump the gun bit too quickly sometimes, but as proven, sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what people mean on the internet. Especially when this isn't even my native tongue, sometimes the expressions fly over my head. But I'm sorry for it.
Yes of course! Unfortunately the internet comes without a facial expression or context in a jokefar too often.  But if it makes you feel any better I've never heard someone say something negative about you behind your back(and I interact and talk privately about this forum a lot on twitter with users you disagree with regularly here).

People may not always like your opinions, but we still definitely like you. You bring interesting discussion to the table because we often disagree, and that's not a bad thing. It would be so boring if we all wanted the same stuff. 

And also back on JPL i had people poking fun at me a lot because of my love of JP3. Yet the people doing it to me are very cool with me. Like me and @Tyrant Lizard disagree heavily on the Spino situation and had some debates on it but he's a cool guy and I respect him and he respects me.

What I'm trying to say is this, I think we have a bunch of really cool members who might poke fun at each other once and while but over the years they have been nothing but loyal and kind to me Smile. And I think they ultimately feel the same towards you. Atleast I do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:59 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
PMistral wrote:
Yes of course! Unfortunately the internet comes without a facial expression or context in a jokefar too often.  But if it makes you feel any better I've never heard someone say something negative about you behind your back(and I interact and talk privately about this forum a lot on twitter with users you disagree with regularly here).

People may not always like your opinions, but we still definitely like you. You bring interesting discussion to the table because we often disagree, and that's not a bad thing. It would be so boring if we all wanted the same stuff. 

And also back on JPL i had people poking fun at me a lot because of my love of JP3. Yet the people doing it to me are very cool with me. Like me and @Tyrant Lizard disagree heavily on the Spino situation and had some debates on it but he's a cool guy and I respect him and he respects me.

What I'm trying to say is this, I think we have a bunch of really cool members who might poke fun at each other once and while but over the years they have been nothing but loyal and kind to me Smile. And I think they ultimately feel the same towards you. Atleast I do.

Similarly to here, I kind of have had same kind of arch rivalry situations on other forums, revolving around different subjects. Or well, at least I imagine those situations may seem like arch rivalries to the outsiders. In the end I think it's just healthy banter. Probably happens due to my tendency to have somewhat polarizing opinions and I am not afraid to talk about them.

Anyway, kind words bud Ooooh Right! fun time discussing the tragedy that is True Blood today lol. Well at least we'll always have the first two seasons, might have to rewatch them. Literally have not done so since they originally aired on TV
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 am

Apparently if you freeze frame the video of the rain scene involving the helicopter it appears to be Toby Jones climbing up the ladder & Rafe Spall hanging out of the chopper, so it seems like their characters go back to Main St on Isla Nublar for whatever reason :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M1SA5SOPA

Also new set pic of the building at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/855210189036806144
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtwg_4p4t8

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 am

dance2nite wrote:
Apparently if you freeze frame the video of the rain scene involving the helicopter it appears to be Toby Jones climbing up the ladder & Rafe Spall hanging out of the chopper, so it seems like their characters go back to Main St on Isla Nublar for whatever reason :

So, Toby and Rafe back on Nublar. Hmmmmm

I would say they are with the "bad guys" team.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

So, Toby and Rafe back on Nublar. Hmmmmm

I would say they are with the "bad guys" team.

There's a pretty good chance of that, when viewed in that context. Toby, I believe, could be playing a character in the vein of Arnim Zola in the Captain America movies, or basically a henchman to Wu or Dodgson, or whoever is in charge of the rival corporation. Rafe could be of a similar sort of character, but for some reason I feel inclined to wonder if he will be a more sympathetic character, and possibly the father of Lucy and finding himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Though that's entirely my theorizing on the matter.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
There's a pretty good chance of that, when viewed in that context. Toby, I believe, could be playing a character in the vein of Arnim Zola in the Captain America movies, or basically a henchman to Wu or Dodgson, or whoever is in charge of the rival corporation. Rafe could be of a similar sort of character, but for some reason I feel inclined to wonder if he will be a more sympathetic character, and possibly the father of Lucy and finding himself on the wrong side of the conflict. Though that's entirely my theorizing on the matter.

In other words, Howard King
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Spoiler:

What? It's just an ordinary dino-OH MY GOODNESS!!!

SQUIDWARD!!!!!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Exactly!

As for the new dinosaur image, does anyone have any hunches as to what it could be? It kinda looks like Acrocanthosaurus, but not as bulky and a bit more hybrid-ish, like how the Raptors aren't pure Dromeosaurids.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm

That dinosaur image is awesome!! New dinosaurs!! YAY! Everything I wanted!!! I'm so happy!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
As for the new dinosaur image, does anyone have any hunches as to what it could be? It kinda looks like Acrocanthosaurus, but not as bulky and a bit more hybrid-ish, like how the Raptors aren't pure Dromeosaurids.

I think it is an Acrocanthosaurus. By the looks of it, it could be a juvenile rather then a hybrid.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 4:13 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

What? It's just an ordinary dino-OH MY GOODNESS!!!

SQUIDWARD!!!!!

Its beautiful cheers
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Jurassic Outpost - James Cromwell interview from Collider.com

Some highlight quotes include:

“The prop people have made wonderful things. The set people have made wonderful things. There’s just so much money and so much power and so much prestige. It’s Jurassic Park. It’s unreal. And then, you do your work and, instead of doing it in a room, you’re doing it in a football field sized set with real recreations of dinosaurs. We had three full-sized dinosaur bone replicas that came from a museum in America, and five other heads.”

“Money is no object. You take your time and do whatever you need to do. The director, bless his heart, was trying to fight off all of the executives. I probably shouldn’t say that.”

Personally, I find these quotes very encouraging regarding the presence of animatronics, and it's nice to hear that Bayona was able to hold his own when Universal tried to meddle needlessly. I've heard stories about how people behind the scenes go through the effort to make animatronic creations only for the studio to veto them and replace the with CGI in post, like with Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters or the prequel to The Thing.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:02 pm

So I guess now with that new set pic from Frank that the Dilo & Apatosaurus sculptures were just display sets, Damn i really want a real Dilo in this film... No
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:20 pm

dance2nite wrote:
So I guess now with that new set pic from Frank that the Dilo & Apatosaurus sculptures were just display sets, Damn i really want a real Dilo in this film... No

That still doesn't necessarily mean it's not a real animal in the film. Although i'll be pissed if this is all they are willing to give us of the animal.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm

He's the owner of the manor. And maybe Geraldine is his wife.
OMG

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:01 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Jurassic Outpost - James Cromwell interview from Collider.com

Some highlight quotes include:

“The prop people have made wonderful things. The set people have made wonderful things. There’s just so much money and so much power and so much prestige. It’s Jurassic Park. It’s unreal. And then, you do your work and, instead of doing it in a room, you’re doing it in a football field sized set with real recreations of dinosaurs. We had three full-sized dinosaur bone replicas that came from a museum in America, and five other heads.”

“Money is no object. You take your time and do whatever you need to do. The director, bless his heart, was trying to fight off all of the executives. I probably shouldn’t say that.”

Personally, I find these quotes very encouraging regarding the presence of animatronics, and it's nice to hear that Bayona was able to hold his own when Universal tried to meddle needlessly. I've heard stories about how people behind the scenes go through the effort to make animatronic creations only for the studio to veto them and replace the with CGI in post, like with Percy Jackson & the Olympians: Sea of Monsters or the prequel to The Thing.

This is very reassuring. That fact that he is more accomplished at the time of making JW2/JP5 is also a big advantage that Trevorrow never had when he was making the first JW. In other word, Bayona has power. He's no puppet. I like this news. My hopes of JW2 being better then the first one are already high.

dance2nite wrote:
So I guess now with that new set pic from Frank that the Dilo & Apatosaurus sculptures were just display sets.

I still think that Apatosaurus will come back. I really don't think that I. rex killed off all the adult Apatosaurus's.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Exactly!

I think it is a Concavenator, though the glare in the window is right where the hump would be, so it is hard to say for sure. Plus, it is possible there are some stylistic designs to it, similar to hypothetical designs in paleoart.

Interestingly enough, Concavenator was found in Spain, where J.A. Bayona hails from.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 11:14 pm

If you look closely it looks like a Rex in the background!

https://instagram.com/p/BTJ07UmluSq/
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I just hope it's not a hybrid. I'll be satisfied just knowing that.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 2:31 am

So if I had to guess our 10 confirmed actors will be split into two regarding whether they are on the good or bad side of the plot.

Good :

Chris Pratt
Bryce Dallas Howard
Justice Smith
James Cromwell
Geraldine Chaplin

Bad :

BD Wong
Ted Levine
Daniella Pineda
Toby Jones
Rafe Spall

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

I don't think if James is the owner of the manor, that he'll be a "good guy"...

And I still think Daniella is good, a reporter.

But anyway, I side with the bad guys, bad guys are cooler. And Wu is in. Cool

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 7:08 pm

BD Wong is back in NYC now, so looks like he filmed for no more than 2 weeks. He is now probably finished for the London shoot but could still go to Hawaii.

Also Bryce & Chris are in LA at the moment so not sure if they are finished in London yet either?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next