Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

I wasn't aware I had crowd to please Laughing

But yes. I can read minds
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

But yes. I can read minds

You 2.  Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 12:35 am

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

Well, you do, and you certainly haven't done a good job of it thus far.  Razz

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Tenor

On a somewhat more serious note, and don't take this as criticism of your opinions/wants for the franchise, as it is all subjective, but I can't help but feel as though you are kind of setting yourself up for disappointment if you, for example, want the Raptors and Rex cut out entirely, or want to see the franchise end with all of the dinosaurs being wiped out. The fact that these films exist at all is in and of itself fan service, so I think it's somewhat unrealistic to expect some of these things to play out in the way you want, considering how jarring they would be towards not only the casual audience, but much of the fandom as well.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 7:20 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
RIGHT?!?!? Laughing

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Tenor

On a somewhat more serious note, and don't take this as criticism of your opinions/wants for the franchise, as it is all subjective, but I can't help but feel as though you are kind of setting yourself up for disappointment if you, for example, want the Raptors and Rex cut out entirely, or want to see the franchise end with all of the dinosaurs being wiped out. The fact that these films exist at all is in and of itself fan service, so I think it's somewhat unrealistic to expect some of these things to play out in the way you want, considering how jarring they would be towards not only the casual audience, but much of the fandom as well.

Even more so concerning how JP3 was a middle finger to so much of fans. Not only that but here's something else to think about. Let's say your ending does happen in JW3/JP6. Once another studio gets the rights-the rights revert to the Crichton estate and they plan to sell them off to the highest bidder-who's to say that they won't ret-con it out of existence and make a new 'true' ending? It's happened before. 21th Century Fox ret-conning X3 and most-if not all-of Wolverine Origins out of existence with Days of Future Past and how Disney ret-conned most of the SW prequels while still keeping them canon. I know you don't want that, but if your scenario happens, it might. Besides, the relationship between movie studios, movie series, and fanbases don't work the way you want to. It never has and never will.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:25 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I think I've told this story too many times already, but when I heard of the "new park" plot for JW, my best-case-scenario expectations immediately fell down to Jurassic Park III levels. There was no way for it to pass TLW (which I don't even consider that amazing really) with that premise, even if had been pitch perfect otherwise. The best I could hope for was it to be better than JP3, which is a film that rhymes with "generic bland mediocrity" with me. But alas, even that was too high of a bar for JW. Way too high.

Unless I get the vibe from JP5 trailer/premise that it's masqueraded rehash of TLW, in which case the same exact logic will be applied as in the paragraph below, I don't think I have to lower the expectations quite as low. But they will not be high in any case, for the primary reason that I won't be quite as disappointed if it ends to be not to my liking after all. It might be good, which would be very welcomed after 20+ years pause in this franchise, but I am wary.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Even more so concerning how JP3 was a middle finger to so much of fans. Not only that but here's something else to think about. Let's say your ending does happen in JW3/JP6. Once another studio gets the rights-the rights revert to the Crichton estate and they plan to sell them off to the highest bidder-who's to say that they won't ret-con it out of existence and make a new 'true' ending? It's happened before. 21th Century Fox ret-conning X3 and most-if not all-of Wolverine Origins out of existence with Days of Future Past and how Disney ret-conned most of the SW prequels while still keeping them canon. I know you don't want that, but if your scenario happens, it might. Besides, the relationship between movie studios, movie series, and fanbases don't work the way you want to. It never has and never will.  

Yes, I think I'd like to address that thing about the franchise ending, which as you know in my dream scenario is all the dinosaurs getting bombed metaphorically just like in the K-T boundary extinction. So. They should not think about what may or may not happen in the future. Concentrate fully on what you have now. Movie sequels in the olden times didn't really use to think past their own, because they were not as nearly as formulatic. Even when you look at The Lost World, it clearly builds nothing for the possible future sequels. And hence, these movies didn't have to bother "setting up" for the possible future films, or compromising on aspects of film making. Rather, they tried to do the best possible product possible for the immediate thing and could take artistic liberties. Which is what I think JP6 ending would be, as well as JP5 and JP6 as whole.

Now, if they DID want to resurrect the franchise after all afterwards in another 15 years or whatever. Well first, I have clearly stated I want that never to happen, because more is less and milking the cow dry is literally that. But secondly, such scenario would be the problem of the time then, and problem of the people involved. Not the problem anyone here should concentrate on. Make the best films possible now.

As for the norms and relationships between movies and fans and whatever, I don't think we need to go there again and argue about those points.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm

Well I don't think JP will die out with JP6. It'll either be a continuation or a remake. 

I'm not sure which I'd rather have. I'd kinda like to see both lol.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 pm

We have ourselves a Stego...

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/status/857996883087720448

And an Anky...

https://twitter.com/GHarris088/status/858026958986280965

Damn. Looks like we're getting a bunch of animatronics this time around.

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 1:40 pm

That scene must be in the movie before new Nick and new Sarah break the cage locks.

Lol but it's nice to see the animatronics at least.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

And an Anky...

I'm still trying to be cautiously optimistic and assume all these are actually animatronic, instead of statues at the mansion.

I think it's safe to assume these two are animatronic though. I thought the second pic had teeth darn it! Lol
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

And an Anky...

Really optimistic on the Stegosaurus, cautiously optimistic about the Ankylosaurus. It's going to be interesting to see what this film's budget is going to be if they really have gone all-in with building animatronics for the scenes that need them.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

And an Anky...

This is great. It's really nice to know that Bayona held his ground and forced Universal's hand with more animatronics.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm so excited again. Damn JW2. This is the only thing that keeps me happy. Please be a great movie.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Chris Pugh (ChrislikesDinos) said on Twitter yesterday he believes there is also a Rexy animatronic! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Chris Pugh (ChrislikesDinos) said on Twitter yesterday he believes there is also a Rexy animatronic! Cool

OH

MY

GOD

I want to see it NOOOOOOW!!!!!

Edit: Also, these spoilers coming out are pretty...err....spoilery. To any mods, just give me a shot if you want me to stop posting or wrapping spoiler tags around anything I might post.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm

dance2nite wrote:
There probably is. I think Rexy will play a huge screentime. I didn't want to, but I'm fine as long new dinosaurs appear.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't why, but every fiber of my being wants a JW2 deleted scene on the DVD where James Cromwell says "That'll do Blue, That'll do" just for the sake of it.

I need this....... :p

Also. If you want more cringe check this out.

https://youtu.be/b8PbZh1q5FE

I was watching these guys on collider video discuss James Cromwell being Hammond's partner and he talks for a few minutes and says something like "well I dont think they are copying Hammond but Richard is like 90 and too old to come back, so they needed this type of character ". 

The other guy lets him go on before breaking it to him "he thinks" that actor is dead actually and he has to google it.... awkward....   they definitely didn't do their homework before this panel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm

That "panel"... and their "experts"... oh god I want to kill my self. You know sometimes when watching RLM's amazing "Nerd Crew" I forget how laughable the shows they are doing parody of really are. You know crap like Screen Junkies, and Collider here. It's so bad it's embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 pm

dance2nite wrote:

Just if curiosity, does this Chris guy delete his tweets after a bit? Because everytime I go searching for something someone says he's put up I can never find it lol.

And yes @Mistral. Red letter media is a god send.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Just if curiosity, does this Chris guy delete his tweets after a bit? Because everytime I go searching for something someone says he's put up I can never find it lol.

If you have to ask....

lol!

Also guys, next time there is a officially released video or interview that drops a major thing like the Lockwood connection to hammond, that can go fine in its own thread.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:44 am

My friends we have animatronics. On mobile but pics are going very on social media.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 am

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

He posted about it a couple of days ago in reply to someone on his feed, he said he believes there is one even if it is just a head?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:32 am

Troyal1 wrote:

I was watching these guys on collider video discuss James Cromwell being Hammond's partner and he talks for a few minutes and says something like "well I dont think they are copying Hammond but Richard is like 90 and too old to come back, so they needed this type of character ". 

The other guy lets him go on before breaking it to him "he thinks" that actor is dead actually and he has to google it.... awkward....   they definitely didn't do their homework before this panel.

Oh, freaking GOD, I hated that! One of them, Perri, is a bona-fide Jurassic fan, so I imagine she would have spoken up and it would not have taken one of them to do a bloody google search to confirm that Richard Attenborough is no longer around! That was so frustrating!

The one thing in that video that did get me wondering, was how much of Lockwood's character and role in the plot will retro-actively change the way we see Hammond? This could go either way, potentially aligning nicely with what we've seen of him in the first couple of films, or subversion for its own sake thus dismantling the character.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

The one thing in that video that did get me wondering, was how much of Lockwood's character and role in the plot will retro-actively change the way we see Hammond? This could go either way, potentially aligning nicely with what we've seen of him in the first couple of films, or subversion for its own sake thus dismantling the character.
I hope they don't radically change our perspective on Hammond. Even his mention in JW makes some sense. I'd hate it if he's actually like his novel self or something like that.
Nice to have more animatronics, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am

Troyal1 wrote:
I don't why, but every fiber of my being wants a JW2 deleted scene on the DVD where James Cromwell says "That'll do Blue, That'll do" just for the sake of it.

I need this....... :p

Love how the mainstream media just reports Goldblum news pretending they are JP fans. It's perfectly normal for those guys to know nothing except "Goldblum is black". Laughing

I don't even watch these because of that. 

Doubt Lockwood is a Hammond type of guy. Makes no sense. He wants the dinosaurs and wants to make more dinosaurs. WHO in the right mind would want to make more dinosaurs after what happened in JP and JW? I'm almost sure he's a darker version, a guy who doesn't care about anything else. That's what I want to see, too.

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 2:55 pm

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/familiar-dinosaurs-photographed-the-set-jurassic-world-2
So, Stegosaurus... Yay! And then there's the one covered up, what do y'all think it is? It looks like an Ankylosaurus, but chances are it's another Stegosaur.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Océane wrote:
http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/familiar-dinosaurs-photographed-the-set-jurassic-world-2
So, Stegosaurus... Yay! And then there's the one covered up, what do y'all think it is? It looks like an Ankylosaurus, but chances are it's another Stegosaur.

It REALLY looks like an Anky. Same body shape, spikes in the right place.

Also, remember that Ankylosaurus is Colin's favorite dinosaur. Not shocked at all that it would be included again.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Océane wrote:

It REALLY looks like an Anky. Same body shape, spikes in the right place.

Also, remember that Ankylosaurus is Colin's favorite dinosaur. Not shocked at all that it would be included again.

It makes sense. The only Ankylosaurus that died was the alpha and I.rex wouldn't have wanted to take on a herd of them like she did with those Apatosaurus's. That and nether Rexy or Blue would want to take them on either.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Is it wrong for me to want to see someone get clubbed by an Anky and go flying?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I'm sure there are fan fics around where that happened to Kirbys in JP3 already

And then mr Kirby landed in some bush and said in monotone voice: "Ouh. That really hurt". And they continued walking somewhere immediately like nothing had happened.

Well okay that's what the actual lame film version would have been, in fan fiction he'd landed to bee hive and got paralyzed Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

If anything, the impact would probably cause somebody to burst into pieces. If anything else, that work work with a Stegosaurus, but only it they get hit in the small space between the tail spikes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next