Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.

Go down 
+13
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
sdp
TyrannosaurTJ
BoulderFaceplant
The Beeg One
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Spinosaur4.4
Troyal1
Dead2009
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Mistral wrote:
Having said that. Some of you guys effectively repeating on and on again, day and day after how Horner is this evil megalomaniac who single-handedly ruined everything in JP franchise, is just that. Hyperbolic. It's a surprise no-one yet posted a photoshopped image of Horner with black mustache, wine class and speech balloon where he is speaking about villainy things in French accent. Maybe at the same time tying dinosaurs on rail tracks with rope.

It's not that he's evil, but he is biased and that bias influenced JP3 in a way that didn't help the movie. Have a look, this is no witch hunt:

Start at 6:43 when Horner starts talking to 8:30. Notice how the actor of Billy says how Horner described the Spino to the actors and then pay attention to his description of the T.rex; the sentiment that the T.rex is old news and the Spino was the thing of the future is sprinkled throughout the entire video. This was not an attempt to replace the T.rex but rather to try and drive it into extinction (no pun intended) from the franchise. It's not wonder this movie left a poison root in the fan base. Like I said every one of those people are to blame for the mess JP3 was, but the most toxic elements that came out of it are from Horner and you can't deny that.

I do agree though there are some people who won't let go of it and those individuals really need to grow up. However, some people just want to get under other's skin and the internet gives them a perfect place to ply their "trolling trade".

The Beeg One: It's unbelievable because the spino skeleton from JW looks nothing like the one from JP3 and there are differences that can't just be overlooked.
Back to top Go down

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 4:49 pm

I've gone over this before, but every film's goal so far has been to have bigger and betterer (yes that's a word now) theropod monster ploy. It's the ages old sequel cliche, do the same thing but bigger to "top it off". It's what the studio demands from writers and "consultants"

TLW) Now there's two T-Rexes, double the volume!!!
JP3) Spino biggest carnivore ever!!!!! Lol T-Rex, get the **** out
JW) I-Rex super smart hybrid monster Godzilla!!!! Lol Spinosaurus, get the **** out

And so their "consultant" recommended Spino, and the producers nodded because it was the bigger and betterer thing they wanted. Now what he may or may not have said... for year 2000 the Spino wasn't necessarily scientifically wrong, but even if he had personal bias and some sort of alterior motive... what does it matter? You think Trevorrow doesn't have bias? It's clear that guy doesn't care crap about TLW and JP3, and sees JP as the ultimate romantized childhood nostalgia fest. He may just be the puppet of the producers, but you think his bias didn't shine through JW?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 5:20 pm

Mistral wrote:
Some of you guys effectively repeating on and on again, day and day after how Horner is this evil megalomaniac who single-handedly ruined everything in JP franchise, is just that. Hyperbolic. It's a surprise no-one yet posted a photoshopped image of Horner with black mustache, wine class and speech balloon where he is speaking about villainy things in French accent. Maybe at the same time tying dinosaurs on rail tracks with rope.

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
For my part, I find Horner's lack of professionalism within his position as paleontologist adviser extremely aggravating. Plus the fact that he seems to make more money as a dinosaur sensationalist celebrity and his "dino-chicken" reverse engineering chicken basically cheapens his position as a serious scientist in my eyes. With that said, I don't actively hate the guy, but I do consider him a "broken pedestal" figure, a man who was worthy of respect at one point for his theories and discoveries but has since contributed little positive in later years to either the science or the film franchise. I just wish he would stop being kept in an advisory position in the franchise, because it's not likely to improve on the accuracy front (now that would be saying something) in the next or even final film while he's still around.

To further his point, I should list the amount of things Horner has done to irk dino-nerds and JP fans the wrong way.

1. Horner has believed that T. rex was able to kill some prey, but only the old and sick. Basically a weakling killer that preferred to scavenge. In fact up until JP3, he admitted in his book The Complete T. rex (techincally Don Lessem co-wrote it, but Horner wrote at least 85% of it so for for intents and purposes, it's his book) that his pure scavenger theory was BS.

"I actually don't truly believe that T-Rex was 100% a scavenger. However, sometimes, I like to bring it up just to see my colleagues argue."

There comes a time when getting people to talk about things becomes trolling and Horner has been a troll for sometime.

Also, he still believes his original mindset even though evidence via bite marks on hadrosaurs and Triceratops fossils that have semi-healed have proven that T. rex can catch full grown healthy dinosaurs and that it was mostly a hunter.

2. The fact that it took 20+ years for MOR-555, aka Wankel Rex to be described after it was dug up. Yes, you could argue that the first 10 years were due to hi working on the JP movies, but that doesn't explain the other years when JW was in developmental hell.

3. He may have botched the description of MOR-008.

4. Celeste, which is reported to be larger then Sue and was found under his watch, has yet to be described.

5. His theory that Torosaurus was a full grown male Triceratops. While their is far more remains of Torosaurus then there was-and even today still is-with Spinosaurus by the time that JP3 was made. The amount of Torosaurus fossils found so far have been very few when compared to that of Triceratops which a far, far ,far more numerous and also more complete. So on that fount, few people believe him.

6. When asked about how the raptors in JP3 look like he said 'Your guess is as good as mine.'

7. His multiple theories about bonehead dinosaurs: The the Pachycephalosaurus couldn't headbutt (proven wrong), that the dome supported a horn (proven wrong again) and the many boneheads represent Pachycephalosaurus in different stages of growth-which is at best inconclusive due to how rare bonehead dinosaurs are.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Mistral wrote:
I've gone over this before, but every film's goal so far has been to have bigger and betterer (yes that's a word now) theropod monster ploy. It's the ages old sequel cliche, do the same thing but bigger to "top it off". It's what the studio demands from writers and "consultants"

JW) I-Rex super smart hybrid monster Godzilla!!!! Lol Spinosaurus, get the **** out

And so their "consultant" recommended Spino, and the producers nodded because it was the bigger and betterer thing they wanted. Now what he may or may not have said... for year 2000 the Spino wasn't necessarily scientifically wrong, but even if he had personal bias and some sort of alterior motive... what does it matter? You think Trevorrow doesn't have bias? It's clear that guy doesn't care crap about TLW and JP3, and sees JP as the ultimate romantized childhood nostalgia fest. He may just be the puppet of the producers, but you think his bias didn't shine through JW?
Agree 100%

I always saw Horner pushing the Spino so much because the whole theme of JP3 was NEW. New danger. More danger. Evolving raptors, Pteranodons and then the Spino.  I see his statements as more marketing than science talk. Which is kinda understandable since he's involved in making a movie, and like you said they have been pushing for more and bigger since the beginning. I also see his raptors statement about the look of them, being more evidence of the studio wanting different just to be different. To me he's always been a salesman just as much a scientist.  

I don't understand why his trolling or being wrong matters really. I don't think the studio really cares about the science.  At the end of the day the studio wanted something different and they got it. If it hadn't been for the backlash the Indominus probably wouldn't have gotten beaten by the Rex.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Who's TDJ again?

The initials of Ty's real name.
Ohhh... right. Embarassed I was thinking it was one of the director/producers on the JP franchise. Yeah, I think we're all going to be considering this non-canon on a personal level. Myself included. It's become a lot like the TLW viral sites, which were there to promote JP: The Ride as much as TLW the movie. The viral site has certainly evolved into its own news source site, and the site was never very coherent with the movie in the first place, so I think its being on the same level as the films has been put into question.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Who's TDJ again?

The initials of Ty's real name.
Ohhh... right. Embarassed I was thinking it was one of the director/producers on the JP franchise. Yeah, I think we're all going to be considering this non-canon on a personal level. Myself included. It's become a lot like the TLW viral sites, which were there to promote JP: The Ride as much as TLW the movie. The viral site has certainly evolved into its own news source site, and the site was never very coherent with the movie in the first place, so I think its being on the same level as the films has been put into question.
There were TLW viral sites? I'm too young for that lol
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Agree 100%

I always saw Horner pushing the Spino so much because the whole theme of JP3 was NEW. New danger. More danger. Evolving raptors, Pteranodons and then the Spino. I see his statements as more marketing than science talk. Which is kinda understandable since he's involved in making a movie, and like you said they have been pushing for more and bigger since the beginning. 

I don't understand why his trolling or being wrong matters really. I don't think the studio really cares about the science. At the end of the day the studio wanted something different and they got it. If it hadn't been for the backlash the Indominus probably wouldn't have gotten beaten by the Rex.

Because JP and TLW were the most accurate depictions of dinosaurs to be portrayed in dinosaur movies. Yes, there were a few slight changes, but the good via accuracy far outweighed the bad. JP and TLW demanded accuracy as much as possible back then. In fact, when JP hit the big screen, Horner was still respected at that time and he hadn't gone off into what he became now. It wasn't until JP3 did the solid standing of being accurate go downhill with JW going down even further. Please note that when Spielberg made those two movies, Horner's mindset didn't take hold, but in JP3 when Spielberg sat around and basically did nothing, Horner was allowed free reign by the producers. I suspect he was still allowed much of that since the basic accuracy-the Stegosaurus being tail draggers were as the ones in TLW had their tails held high like in real life-dropped even further.

If anything else, Horner wanted to let his real self show and given how lazy the producers were with giving him free reign, it clearly shows. If anything else, his lack of caring really shows.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm a follower of many franchises and I promise you, this is the least offensive extended canon element I've ever seen stir up controversy. Yes, it's stupid, but in the end it's completely ignorable. I wouldn't let a team of interns with stock footage and Sony Vegas tell me what's what.

Edit: Rhedosaurus, Horner was the one who revealed that he estimates Celeste to be 10% larger than Sue. If he were actively hiding fossils in order to make T. Rex look weaker, he probably wouldn't have said anything about Celeste. If I had to guess why she hasn't been described, it might be because Horner is selfish and is holding it off until he retires so he can go out with a bang and buffer his legacy.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Celeste actually has yet to be accurately described. In fact, I believe there's a number of T. rex specimens at the MOR that have yet to be described while Horner's off chasing chickensaurus. He's been sitting on them, making claims while basically doing nothing with them. Horner has had a vendetta with T. rex for a while now, and I have no idea why (though I think I remember Bakker cracking a joke about him not liking that T. rex predated on Maiasaura). He even wrote a very good book about T. rex that I own.

Last edited by CT-1138 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Edit: Rhedosaurus, Horner was the one who revealed that he estimates Celeste to be 10% larger than Sue. If he were actively hiding fossils in order to make T. Rex look weaker, he probably wouldn't have said anything about Celeste. If I had to guess why she hasn't been described, it might be because Horner is selfish and is holding it off until he retires so he can go out with a bang and buffer his legacy.

CT-1138 wrote:
Celeste actually has yet to be accurately described. In fact, I believe there's a number of T. rex specimens at the MOR that have yet to be described while Horner's off chasing chickensaurus. He's been sitting on them, making claims while basically doing nothing with them. Horner has had a vendetta with T. rex for a while now, and I have no idea why (though I think I remember Bakker cracking a joke about him not liking that T. rex predated on Maiasaura). He even wrote a very good read about T. rex that I own.

Actually, Horner retired from MOR last June. I don't doubt that he's sat on them for a long time. But now that he's gone, it's the responsibility of whoever is in charge of MOR now to get them described.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 pm

I heard he had retired from paleontology, didn't know that entailed the MOR too. Thank goodness. Now hopefully we'll get to see Celeste described properly.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:32 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I heard he had retired from paleontology, didn't know that entailed the MOR too. Thank goodness. Now hopefully we'll get to see Celeste described properly.

Not to mention, a possible re-dig to find more of her like BHI did with Duffy sometime in the 2000's. From what I've read, Celeste is only 10%-20% complete and that seems iffy to describe her with so little unless she had been found with a complete/mostly complete skull.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm

There's nothing wrong with accepting this as nothing more than an unsubstantiated rumor or comment made in jest taken too far. Trevorrow originally made the comment in jest I felt, but it others seem to interpret it as not a joke unfortunately. Honestly that's what I did with it myself for my own personal approach to putting down the misconceptions that rove about about the films and such. Why? Canonically it can be easily disproven by some quick deductive reasoning and logic work by looking at the JP3 size chart.. What it does is what Uni is good at when it comes to the JP canon and that's muddying the waters basically to prevent a clearer picture from forming. We may never know for sure, and that's okay. There's nothing wrong with the unknown or not having an answer.

As for my stance on the Masrani site, I can take it or leave it. It very probably will be retconned out at some point in the future if Uni needs to do that for the future films, stories, and so forth. We will have to once again adjust the encyclopedia to attempt to meet up with the official consensus of all things.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Some of you are definitely taking things too personal and are overthinking things that were done in the movies to justify your points.

As far as that tweet? Well it's just someone in charge of the social media account, it doesn't really mean much and social media managers actually have a lot of leeway so don't expect it to actually be canon. If the size is not right then you are overthinking this, there are plenty of mistakes like that in all JP films if you're going to measure every different shot and make sure it matches. I would consider the viral marketing websites a little more canon than the social media but that's about it. I think until proven wrong they can be considered canon but I doubt the directors of JP5 or 6 will take it into account when making the movies. If the Spino is the same one from JP/// I think that's cool but I don't mind it.

I do think you guys are overthinking the whole spinosaurus thing, it was clearly meant as a nod to fans who were upset, nothing more. If they didn't care they wouldn't have put it there and there'll never be a Rex v Spino round 2, this is the closest thing so yeah take it for what you will. I still don't understand why people are so upset that it happened in JP///, was it a cheap trick to show off the "Big bad" of that movie? of course but that's it.

Now I don't think they "hate" the sequels, but this was meant to be sort of a re-introduction to the series, after all it had been over a decade since the last film and they weren't going to inundate newcomers with lengthy explanations of  what had happened. That's why we got the viral websites explaining it for those of use (the fandom) that want those explanations. Before the movie i thought JW might've wanted to be a reboot that ignored TLW and JP/// but I don't think that anymore, but if it is we'll know soon enough with JW2 if Malcolm's dialog negates the prior two sequels but that's highly unlikely. I do think they could've had a single line of dialog in the movie that just mentioned "the sorna incident" and it wouldn't have caused much trouble or required more explanation than that, really just an easter eggs for fans but they didn't. I think with Malcolm in JW2 they'll definitely acknowledge the Sorna incident(s) unless it's a reboot which I mentioned it's not going to happen.

http://miscrave.com
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:26 pm

sdp wrote:
Some of you are definitely taking things too personal and are overthinking things that were done in the movies to justify your points.

In hindsight, you're probably correct. But considering how Universal has seemed to learn the wrong lessons with the first two sequels, not to mention how they don't care about the canon, it's not hard to think that they would actually endorse this.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
Start at 6:43 when Horner starts talking to 8:30. Notice how the actor of Billy says how Horner described the Spino to the actors and then pay attention to his description of the T.rex; the sentiment that the T.rex is old news and the Spino was the thing of the future is sprinkled throughout the entire video. This was not an attempt to replace the T.rex but rather to try and drive it into extinction (no pun intended) from the franchise. It's not wonder this movie left a poison root in the fan base. Like I said every one of those people are to blame for the mess JP3 was, but the most toxic elements that came out of it are from Horner and you can't deny that.

I've never, for as long as this movie has existed, understood why so many people were upset that they used a different "main dinosaur". It boggles the mind. As a dinosaur enthusiast, I want to see as many dinosaurs as possible, and spinosaurus is a really cool-looking one! Can you blame them for getting excited about it and talking about how impressive it was? How many movies do we need with the t-rex in it? I always hated how people had to make the t-rex into some sort of hero, which is a big part of the reason I was pleased when it was discarded in JP3. Shame on the filmmakers for trying something new, right? Let's just go with "Rexy" (stupid thing to call a t-rex) in every single movie. Why even bother to show other dinosaurs? I was disappointed in Trevorrow when he decided to please these upset t-rex worshippers by destroying that skeleton. What an incredibly childish and cheap point to make.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Lost wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

I've never, for as long as this movie has existed, understood why so many people were upset that they used a different "main dinosaur". It boggles the mind. As a dinosaur enthusiast, I want to see as many dinosaurs as possible, and spinosaurus is a really cool-looking one! Can you blame them for getting excited about it and talking about how impressive it was? How many movies do we need with the t-rex in it? I always hated how people had to make the t-rex into some sort of hero, which is a big part of the reason I was pleased when it was discarded in JP3. Shame on the filmmakers for trying something new, right? Let's just go with "Rexy" (stupid thing to call a t-rex) in every single movie. Why even bother to show other dinosaurs? I was disappointed in Trevorrow when he decided to please these upset t-rex worshippers by destroying that skeleton. What an incredibly childish and cheap point to make.

It's because people in general don't like it when something they like gets replaced by something new and unheard of. Even more so in a ham-fisted way. It's not just JP3. Case in point, the 1986 animated Transformers movie.

Remember the 1986 Animated Transformers movie when they killed off most of the old Transformers (With Megatron being the sole exception since he never died)? Remember how they shoved Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime down the throats of Transformers fans after Optimus died? There's a good reason why the animators had to bring Optimus back for good. If it had been another familar Tranformer that took Optimus's place as Autobot leader, that would have been one thing. But a new one that nobody's heard of. ...yeah. Didn't work.

If you're going to blame Trevorrow for having Rexy destroy the Spino skleton, then you should be equally blameful of how the producers and Jack Horner handled the JP3 Spino in such a heavy-handed manner that caused that in the first place.

#TRexSpinorematch likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
If you're going to blame Trevorrow for having Rexy destroy the Spino skleton, then you should be equally blameful of how the producers and Jack Horner handled the JP3 Spino in such a heavy-handed manner that caused that in the first place.

Heavy-handed, how? By having the spino defeat the t-rex? Should that really upset people that much? Should the filmmakers be apologetic for that? Maybe the indominus "fanbase" should be outraged that the tyrannosaurus (plus raptors and the mosa) killed it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Heavy-handed, how? By having the spino defeat the t-rex? Should that really upset people that much? Should the filmmakers be apologetic for that? Maybe the indominus "fanbase" should be outraged that the tyrannosaurus (plus raptors and the mosa) killed it.

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage. (Although, that was actually plausible considering how it was raining and how the Spino emerged from the water.) In other words, they made it into a bad Godzilla knock-off and not as an animal. And not explaining it made things worse. As I said above, people don't like it when something they like is replaced by something new and unknown. Not unless they want it, and most did not want T. rex replaced. At least not in the way they did it. Also, the I. rex was the main villain of JW that destroyed an caused a lot of damage and death, directly and indirectly. And at least it was introduced in a way that the fanbase knows what they are getting.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage.

You mean like how the i-rex was shot with a rocket launcher and was fine but a few raptor and t-rex bites was too much?
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm

To be fair to the iRex, the rocket launched at her missed and hit a tree.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

That and surviving an airplane crash with only a big scratch, crashing through a steel barrier without any damage, and set on fire without any damage.

You mean like how the i-rex was shot with a rocket launcher and was fine but a few raptor and t-rex bites was too much?

To be fair, it wasn't actually hit by the anti-tank rocket and by round three of the 'super battle' she may have been tired out a bit. Not only that, but keep something in mind. I. rex was made to be a biological weapon from the get go. So it was made to take punishment. The JP3 Spino...we don't know who/why it was made and we might never know, barring another movie company getting the rights after JP6/JW3. (Because we all know Universal won't do it.)

With that being said, I can see why people think that's hard to believe and I'm not going to blame them all that much.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm

It would seem that nigh invulnerability is a recurring trait among giant theropods in the JP series, even Rexy was able to recover from being battered, scarred and pinned down by the I. rex. Part of why I subscribe to the idea of the Spinosaurus being an early InGen experiment for non-recreational dinosaurs is its strength, durability and savagery.

Spino with an airplane crash that would have certainly did more damage than a scratch, and Indominus only being knocked over to the side instead of getting her flesh seared off, even accepting her scales must be pullet-proof. I can't imagine that close encounter didn't weaken her to an extent. She was constantly expending her energy and rarely ever replenishing it throughout the 12 plus hours she was running amok. That's why I think Rexy was able to hold her own for a while and even do some serious damage, she was more or less at the end of her tether.

Like Rhedo, I do understand why these traits and abilities break suspension of disbelief for many people, I just like to share my perceptions on these sorts of things.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:45 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
It would seem that nigh invulnerability is a recurring trait among giant theropods in the JP series, even Rexy was able to recover from being battered, scarred and pinned down by the I. rex. Part of why I subscribe to the idea of the Spinosaurus being an early InGen experiment for non-recreational dinosaurs is its strength, durability and savagery.

Spino with an airplane crash that would have certainly did more damage than a scratch, and Indominus only being knocked over to the side instead of getting her flesh seared off, even accepting her scales must be pullet-proof. I can't imagine that close encounter didn't weaken her to an extent. She was constantly expending her energy and rarely ever replenishing it throughout the 12 plus hours she was running amok. That's why I think Rexy was able to hold her own for a while and even do some serious damage, she was more or less at the end of her tether.

Indeed, the JP3 Spino had a lot of time to regain lost energy in between the scenes that it was in. I. rex rarely did. And the only chances it had, via killing the Apatosaurus's and the alpha Ankylosaurus and having a chance to eat them, it never took a single bite. Even the T. rex parents in TLW, more so Papa Rex when he was in a drugged-up rage in San Diego, managed to regain some of their energy.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

OMG This 100%.

Everyone here knows I love I.rex and I'm huge fan of it, but do you see me making petty petitions for a "rematch" with Rexy and a new I.rex? 

That's it, people need to be mature enough to accept these are animals, not monsters (I.rex might be a monster but this is not the subject). They can lose or win. T.rex wasn't a pokemon.

Funny see you guys talking about I.rex and Spino, but you guys forget that Rexy should not  even been able to recover herself to beat I.rex in the final battle. Or you guys really think an old T.rex would survive I.rex first blows? So I think we should all agree that all 3 have far fertched scenes.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Lost wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

OMG This 100%.

Everyone here knows I love I.rex and I'm huge fan of it, but do you see me making petty petitions for a "rematch" with Rexy and a new T.rex? 

That's it, people need to be mature enough to accept these are animals, not monsters (I.rex might be a monster but this is not the subject).

And the JP3 Spino wasn't a monster, or at least not portrayed as such?

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Above all of this, whether the tweet was a marketing ploy or a way to integrate the sequels into the new franchise canon, Universal is in charge of the story, the canon everything. If it's tweeted through official material we may as wel consider it canon. Whether we like it or not that is the way it is. One thing that kind of irks me is that everyone complained about JW having nothing to do with the previous movies other than JP, so we get something that could possibly loosely tie them together and we complain. Yes I get the size and structure of the skeleton is way off but it's just the way it is.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Lost wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

Because as I said, some JP "fans" don't like dinosaurs. They like T.rex. And maybe a few mainstream dinosaurs. What kinda of dinosaur fan would get mad with Spino? Same thing I said about people wanting to watch JW2 now because of Ian Malcolm, and I almost got burned alive because of that.

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:51 pm

Maybe the kind of Spino that looks like a mutant duck and acts like Michael Myers?

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:55 pm

It was not bad at all, IMO. Okay, it did things that no normal animal did. But it wasn't that horrible like people think it was.

I still sometimes think TLW rexes acted monstruous sometimes too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.   Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal's attempt to make the JW Spino skeleton that of the JP3 Spino.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next