Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 pm

We desperately needed one, apparently, allegedly.

So, only positive thoughts and colorful rainbows about Jurassic World in this thread please. No negativity! Or else... you've been warned.

I'll start with my positives:
- Casting department did fine job with female percentage in roles
- Overall cinematography is not bad
- The entire scene at Owen's bungalow is rather okay
- I like the joke about Claire not being able to spell "Archaeornithomimus"
- I like the crying look on Claire's face when Owen declares she can't even remember ages of the kids
- Masrani taking helicopter lessons and insisting on solving problems on his own is adequate and fitting
- Wu's tea pot is nice

Last edited by Mistral on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Introducing a water animal finally! 
Dr Wu.
Finally seeing Raptors running. They are always talking about how well they can run so we finally got a very up close scene dedicated to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Some more:

- Product placement could've been over exploited with the setting, but wasn't really
- I like that bearded soldier/mercenary guy on the helicopter casually shooting down Pternarodon (or Dimorphodon, whatever it is)
- CGI on the raptor heads when they're locked into those "head cages" is good
- The park announcer lady, whoever she is, has nice voice
- Claire's outfit is sexy
- Mr DNA was in the background, not forcefully pushed to the screen. It being there also contextually makes sense for once
- Jimmy Fallon making PR videos for this setting is plausible
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm

You know, 2015 and some of 2016 was a year of people complaining about feminism and feminist agenda's in films. I'm not going to get into what I believe whether it was an agenda or not but I do believe most studios are trying to put more females in the spotlight. Even Mad max did it. 

Some of these attempts feel like "token" women characters but I have to say out of all the films that added female protagonists JW absolutely blew me away with how well it was done. Claire is not a strong female character because the studio heads demanded it, she's a strong female character because her writing was good and she had natural progression. She feels like a human being who actually transitions throughout the film in a realistic way. She stole the show from Pratt IMO. 

And I really admire JW for that. A perfect example of a strong female character that has nothing to do with an agenda or meeting a strong female character quota . A great example of letting the writers just write. 

One of my favorite things about JW tbh and I'm not exaggerating when I say every studio who wants more women in their films should look to JW as an example. 

Of course I know there has been plenty of strong female characters in the past. I'm just referring to the past couple years in blockbuster movies.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm

Is this what I think it is?  Very Happy

- New park
- Dinosaurs (of course XD)
- Old JP Visitor Center
- Claire (as a whole character)
- Simon Masrani
- The I.rex escape scene
- I.rex killing the ACU

The mighty Indominus rex Razz :

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread 7dbf56e7b2220dd1a927cc11a244a853

- Dr.Wu's lines against anti-science pseudo moralist people  Cool.

- This entire scene (Wu delivering the truth as always) Cool :

- Dr. Henry Wu (4 minutes of screentime, but he stole all my attention because he's fucking awesome and I can't stop liking his character).  Cool

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 am

-New Park
-Indominus Rex
-Raptor Squad
-Wu is back

And as far as great scenes go, I think I'll rank them like this:

-Final battle
-Raptors being let out of the cage
-Indominus breaking into the aviary
-Indominus slaughtering the ACU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
You know, 2015 and some of 2016 was a year of people complaining about feminism and feminist agenda's in films. I'm not going to get into what I believe whether it was an agenda or not but I do believe most studios are trying to put more females in the spotlight. Even Mad max did it. 

Some of these attempts feel like "token" women characters but I have to say out of all the films that added female protagonists JW absolutely blew me away with how well it was done. Claire is not a strong female character because the studio heads demanded it, she's a strong female character because her writing was good and she had natural progression. She feels like a human being who actually transitions throughout the film in a realistic way. She stole the show from Pratt IMO. 

And I really admire JW for that. A perfect example of a strong female character that has nothing to do with an agenda or meeting a strong female character quota . A great example of letting the writers just write. 

One of my favorite things about JW tbh and I'm not exaggerating when I say every studio who wants more women in their films should look to JW as an example. 

Of course I know there has been plenty of strong female characters in the past. I'm just referring to the past couple years in blockbuster movies.

Well I think it's got more to do with the progressive evolution and state of the industry than anything else, but it's nice to see them writing so many roles nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
We desperately needed one, apparently, allegedly.

Rolling Eyes

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
- Claire (as a whole character)

Yeah I'd go as far as saying I like her more than Amanda Kirby. In contrast Sarah Harding, IDK, she as well does do a lot of stupid things that make no sense, but also basically starts ordering and leading Malcolm around, which is kind of funny and interesting for 1997.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread   JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JW Positivity/Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 1