Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Speculation on Characters

Go down 
+19
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
TheRexMan22
SmugTheFab
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
Levine
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Rhedosaurus
IllOrfanato
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
dance2nite
AJFU
Troyal1
Spinosaur4.4
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 am

dance2nite wrote:
Dillan Gandhi - InGen Security Officer

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2762791/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t55
sweet so ingen is in the movie after all. I never doubted but I did see people worried about ingen not being in the movie.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

sweet so ingen is in the movie after all. I never doubted but I did see people worried about ingen not being in the movie.

Remember the guy who whisked Wu away in the helicopter at the end of JW? He is in FK too, his name is Michael Papajohn & is listed as playing "InGen Contractor".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0660244/
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Remember the guy who whisked Wu away in the helicopter at the end of JW? He is in FK too, his name is Michael Papajohn & is listed as playing "InGen Contractor".

Oh, yea I totally forgot about that. It is really nice that they are bringing him back.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 am

dance2nite wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Fuck yes! If I’m not mistaken I’m 99% sure JPL did an interview with this guy on a podcast. And they were talking to him about coming back and he seemed like he had no idea lol, it was a wonderful and funny interview. The guy was very charming. I’ll message our founder of JPL and see if I have the right guy in mind.

Or if you guys remember you can tell me.

Awesome news.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Yes that was him. I wasn't part of that particular interview, but I remember it taking place.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Bao Tieu - The Intern

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3754869/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t40

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Will this character be based off of RB Benton? What do you guys think?
Spoiler:

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Will he be one those kids Kelly says Ian likes having? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 pm

In the clip, Daniella's character has a 'Semper Fi' tattoo, which is the motto for the Marine Corps. When I asked her about this on twitter, someone else interjected and said 'maybe a medic?' and Daniella liked that tweet. So I'm thinking Daniella's character is a former marine corps medic in addition to being a dino rights activist

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm curious about Gerladine Chaplins role. Her being MIA in the video (I know she is seen from behind) gives me a feeling she is more important than we are being lead to believe.
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
In the clip, Daniella's character has a 'Semper Fi' tattoo, which is the motto for the Marine Corps. When I asked her about this on twitter, someone else interjected and said 'maybe a medic?' and Daniella liked that tweet. So I'm thinking Daniella's character is a former marine corps medic in addition to being a dino rights activist

I saw that too. Medic would make sense, and might be a little less cliche than "tough military chick that's totally not a ripoff of Michelle Rodriguez/Jenette Goldstein"

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Geraldine was also seen with Lockwood (white shirt). Honestly i think her role is pretty small. In every Bayona film, she had a small role so i don't think this film will change that plus Bayona once said he was happy he was able to find something for her so that doesn't scream "important role" to me. Rafe Spall was not in the trailer at all
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 7:56 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I saw that too. Medic would make sense, and might be a little less cliche than "tough military chick that's totally not a ripoff of Michelle Rodriguez/Jenette Goldstein"

To add to the plot twist, Daniella posted to her instagram story something to the effect of "no tattoo" which is interesting as her tattoo can be seen in the clip here:
https://twitter.com/RaptorChaser17/status/938421934827634689
Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Dan10Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Dan10

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Note the topper on Lockwood's cane...
Spoiler:

SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

Lockwood be stealin' Mr. Johno's cane?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:29 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

No, but he does seem to have his own version of it. Lockwood's version has silver under the amber topper and an ornate wooden shaft. Hammond's skipped the silver and the shaft had a bone/bamboo motif.

SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 9:55 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

No, but he does seem to have his own version of it. Lockwood's version has silver under the amber topper and an ornate wooden shaft. Hammond's skipped the silver and the shaft had a bone/bamboo motif.

Oh, I see. That's quite interesting.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:34 pm

It was nice to see Wu in that little promo thingy. I was worried he wasn't going to get a roll in this movie. It's quite a relief. So what's everyone thinking? Is he going to be the mad scientist type character?

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:42 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:
It was nice to see Wu in that little promo thingy. I was worried he wasn't going to get a roll in this movie. It's quite a relief. So what's everyone thinking? Is he going to be the mad scientist type character?

I'm still hoping that he gets revealed as a BioSyn agent as he escapes again and that he sabotaged the whole auction on purpose to finish off Ingen for good.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Ted Levine/Wheaton seems to be wearing military fatigues, and is present with Owen, Claire and the other DPG members seeming to suggest he's security for Claire's group...the question is, does he stay in that position or does he have an ulterior motive? I'm getting somewhere between Roland and Hoskins vibes from him.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:24 am

Guys, I was thinking...

After the Jurassic World incident... did someone go to jail? I mean, Claire was the manager of the park and people died when she was in command. But apparently she's just there, going to schools promoting the DPG (Dinosaur Protection Group).
Did they put all the fault to Masrani Corp? Or InGen? What about Wu? Shouldn't he be in jail or at least processed?

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am

owenpratt wrote:
Guys, I was thinking...

After the Jurassic World incident... did someone go to jail? I mean, Claire was the manager of the park and people died when she was in command. But apparently she's just there, going to schools promoting the DPG (Dinosaur Protection Group).
Did they put all the fault to Masrani Corp? Or InGen? What about Wu? Shouldn't he be in jail or at least processed?

As far as Wu goes, it wouldn't shock me if he basically went off the grid after the events of JW.

Claire is a different story. You'd think that she's be held accountable for her role in the JW incident. I hope there's a good explanation in the film.

Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:01 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Guys, I was thinking...

Wu is badass so he escaped. Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Speculation on Characters - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Here's a question. Are we 100% sure that Claire is to blame for the Indominus escape? To this point we've just sort of been assuming that she sent Owen and the workers into the Indominus paddock, but we never actually saw that happen. She seemed pretty shocked when Lowery told her that there were people inside the paddock. Maybe Owen was the one who decided to go into the paddock. Maybe it was one of the workers who got nommed.

The way I see it, whoever decided to go into the paddock is the most to blame for what happened at JW.

Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Here's a question. Are we 100% sure that Claire is to blame for the Indominus escape? To this point we've just sort of been assuming that she sent Owen and the workers into the Indominus paddock, but we never actually saw that happen. She seemed pretty shocked when Lowery told her that there were people inside the paddock. Maybe Owen was the one who decided to go into the paddock. Maybe it was one of the workers who got nommed.

The way I see it, whoever decided to go into the paddock is the most to blame for what happened at JW.

To be fair, only Wu and probably Hoskins knew of the built in stealth camo that I. rex had. Not only that, but did Clarie even know what else I. rex was besides being part T. rex?

I'm starting to wonder more and more that Wu was more of an inside saboteur for Biosyn and that he wanted to destroy Ingen once and for all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:36 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Personally I think the blaim falls on Wu. He knew the Dino could camouflage but failed to tell Claire this. Or the owner of the park for that matter.

That scene still bothers me in its execution though lol. Claire doesn’t call from the observation room? There’s no phone there? They don’t think to ask the workers around the paddock if they heard a huge animal climb over the enclosure? And if it is outside, why in the hell would Claire think it was a good idea to go outside in her car?

The whole scene bugs me and just didn’t have much thought put into it imo. Although I love the scene because it’s intense as hell.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 pm

FayhdrianColonist wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Ohhh shit, she's gonna be the one who heals Blue (Remember the shot of animatronic blue on a sugical table)! She'll develop an emotional connection to the Dinosaurs and jump from Lockwood's side to Owen and Claire's side!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 3:37 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:

*Sees someone mention Wu*

*Get's excited*

Ahem

Let me enter this beautiful conversation and speculate about my favorite character. Razz

I don't think Bayona will resume Dr. Wu to a role of a mad scientist, that would be so cliché and B movie type.

I think Henry Wu has his own opinions and ideas about the dinosaurs, the technology and genetics. I bet he, at least in his mind, has a motivation to WHY he's doing those stuff, and I would guess in the end, he's like Oppenheimer. Everything for science, and science is above all. He appears to be blind by it and can't see the consequences of it, like Oppenheimer with the atomic bomb.

"I've become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Speculation on Characters - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 am

I'm going to use some intuition and predict the likelihood of major players dying or living.

Most likely screwed:
- Lockwood, probably by way of the compies (I doubt they just brought them back to pose among toys and hop over a log). This would mirror Hammond's novel death. Maybe he even gets scared by the T. Rex before breaking his ankle- wouldn't that be something!
- Some unnamed mercs. Both on and off the island.
- Michael Papajohn. He has a fierce look to him and I just have a gut feeling he's not gonna make it. Hard to tell, but hat might be him screaming in the face of the Indoraptor in the BTS video.
- Toby Jones. He looks like a money-driven scumbag that will be the orchestrator of the auction. Very film-specific role that puts him more in line with Lockwood than the geneticists.

Maybe screwed but maybe not:
- Dr. Wu. Yes it seems like an opportune time to give him a novel-style death, and if he goes out that's how it'll be. But he's the main genetic puppeteer and could easily play a role in part 3.
- Rafe Spall. He looks too similar to Owen to be a hero, so maybe he gets killed. But then again, if he's a villain, he's the most spry and youthful one. He stands out from the crowd of grizzled, bearded villains.
- Ted Levine. If he lives, it's because he's a major player at InGen. I was going to put him in the "Probably safe" category, but I saw him in the truck in the BTS video. While I don't think that means he gets killed on the island, it does confirm that he has a hands-on role. I do believe that one of the three villains in this category will be killed.
- Some outdoor attendees. On one hand their intentions are despicable, but then again they look especially helpless among rampaging dinosaurs. It will probably be a situation where we can infer that a few of them don't make it but it's never confirmed.

Probably safe:
- Justice Smith. He's too young to die in a movie like this.
- Owen and Claire.
- Lucy. She is absolutely going to make it.
- Daniella Pineda. She might have been killed off in an older draft of the script, but after the "sexism" debacle, there's just no way they're letting a strong female character die.
- Geraldine Chaplin. Even if she turns out to be a villain, she's young and a woman, two qualities that most of the villains in this series don't have.
- Ian Malcolm. We probably don't even see him after the court scene.
Back to top Go down
AJFU
Embryo
Embryo
AJFU

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 am

The cast list should give an idea of each character’s importance in the film. Here is the official listing from Universal:
* Chris Pratt
* Bryce Dallas Howard
* B. D. Wong
* James Cromwell
* Ted Levine
* Justice Smith
* Geraldine Chaplin
* Daniella Pineda
* Toby Jones
* Rafe Spall
* Isabella Sermon
* Jeff Goldblum

If Levine's character is the same man who faces the jaws of the Indoraptor in the featurette, then that suggests that he is working with Lockwood, probably along with Eli Mills, who also appears at the Lockwood mansion. The absence of Toby Jones in the trailer and featurette, along with his low placement in the cast list, makes me wonder if his screen time is minimal. Maybe a lab assistant to Wu, or maybe a corrupt government official/politician who supports and helps approve the rescue mission simply to profit from the eventual auction.

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Characters
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next