Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Speculation on Characters

Go down 
+19
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
TheRexMan22
SmugTheFab
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
BarrytheOnyx
owenpratt
Levine
CT-1138
Herrerasaurus
Rhedosaurus
IllOrfanato
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
dance2nite
AJFU
Troyal1
Spinosaur4.4
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 7:20 am

AJFU wrote:
The cast list should give an idea of each character’s importance in the film. Here is the official listing from Universal:
* Chris Pratt
* Bryce Dallas Howard
* B. D. Wong
* James Cromwell
* Ted Levine
* Justice Smith
* Geraldine Chaplin
* Daniella Pineda
* Toby Jones
* Rafe Spall
* Isabella Sermon
* Jeff Goldblum

If Levine's character is the same man who faces the jaws of the Indoraptor in the featurette, then that suggests that he is working with Lockwood, probably along with Eli Mills, who also appears at the Lockwood mansion. The absence of Toby Jones in the trailer and featurette, along with his low placement in the cast list, makes me wonder if his screen time is minimal. Maybe a lab assistant to Wu, or maybe a corrupt government official/politician who supports and helps approve the rescue mission simply to profit from the eventual auction.

So according to this, Wu is the third most important character?

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Speculation on Characters - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 9:07 am

AJFU wrote:
The cast list should give an idea of each character’s importance in the film. Here is the official listing from Universal:
* Chris Pratt
* Bryce Dallas Howard
* B. D. Wong
* James Cromwell
* Ted Levine
* Justice Smith
* Geraldine Chaplin
* Daniella Pineda
* Toby Jones
* Rafe Spall
* Isabella Sermon
* Jeff Goldblum

If Levine's character is the same man who faces the jaws of the Indoraptor in the featurette, then that suggests that he is working with Lockwood, probably along with Eli Mills, who also appears at the Lockwood mansion. The absence of Toby Jones in the trailer and featurette, along with his low placement in the cast list, makes me wonder if his screen time is minimal. Maybe a lab assistant to Wu, or maybe a corrupt government official/politician who supports and helps approve the rescue mission simply to profit from the eventual auction.

Toby Jones is in the featurette. He's a guy in a suit. Probably a rich buyer.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 pm

AJFU wrote:
* Chris Pratt
* Bryce Dallas Howard
* B. D. Wong
* James Cromwell
* Ted Levine
* Justice Smith
* Geraldine Chaplin
* Daniella Pineda
* Toby Jones
* Rafe Spall
* Isabella Sermon
* Jeff Goldblum

Who is Isabella Sermon?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 9:00 pm

^^ My guess is it's she, and not Brooke Norbury, who's playing Maise. But I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Robotpo wrote:
^^ My guess is it's she, and not Brooke Norbury, who's playing Maise. But I don't know for sure.

That would be a plot twist lol. The only reason I suggested Brooke Norbury in the first place was because she was the only one on IMDB who seemed to fit the parameters of the casting call, etc but who knows.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 am

Yes Isabella Sermon is Maisie, not Brooke Norbury as rumored!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Daniel Stisen who plays a "Russian Bodyguard" at Lockwood's auction talks a bit about his role :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8oA1mBS2p/?taken-by=jurassicworldtrilogy

Seems like some auction guests escape out of the Manor & are then hunted down in the surrounding forests at night! Cool
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Daniel Stisen who plays a "Russian Bodyguard" at Lockwood's auction talks a bit about his role :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8oA1mBS2p/?taken-by=jurassicworldtrilogy

Seems like some auction guests escape out of the Manor & are then hunted down in the surrounding forests at night! Cool

That sounds awesome. He says 'Dinosaurs', so that means there are multiple Indoraptors or all the captive Dinosaurs get released. I wonder if any big ones get released at all.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 12:25 am

I think there may only be one Indoraptor but we also know Blue gets loose too so she could hunt down a few guests in the manor & it's surrounds as well! Razz
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 9:35 am

dance2nite wrote:
I think there may only be one Indoraptor but we also know Blue gets loose too so she could hunt down a few guests in the manor & it's surrounds as well! Razz

Oh really? Where did we hear that about Blue? I'm almost wondering if they're gonna do something with the Indoraptor and Blue attacking each other now
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Oh really? Where did we hear that about Blue? I'm almost wondering if they're gonna do something with the Indoraptor and Blue attacking each other now

Well that was all but telegraphed in the lego leak.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 pm

This sounds intense...here's hoping it's like the long grass scene x 10!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Blue and Indoraptor fighting or just Blue's involvement in the mansion scene?
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:26 am

New additions to cast list :

Marian Lorencik - Russian Bodyguard

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6631007/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t72

Max Baker - Mr. Swanbeck

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048755/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t21
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 1:10 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

That and how indoraptor gets defeated. But again they telegraphed that too in the featurette. (Hint pause at a certain scene Pratt is at with a certain other minor cast member and ask yourself why/how they get up there)

Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 2:14 am

Ah, the question posed on April 1, 2003 age-old question: "Why are we here?"

Jokes aside, Blue was personally my favorite character introduced in the previous film, so if she goes, I hope she doesn't get some crappy death like Han did in "The Force Awakens". Give her a big Death-or-Glory type fight that tops the Big Damn Heroes she had in JW. I can see the Indoraptor getting a karmic death like her (likely) predecessor... killed by one or more of the animals in her genetic code.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

That and how indoraptor gets defeated. But again they telegraphed that too in the featurette. (Hint pause at a certain scene Pratt is at with a certain other minor cast member and ask yourself why/how they get up there)

Hmmm, I'm not sure. Depends on how high up they are haha.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 10:16 am

I still really want a film version of the book's ending with the Indoraptor being poisoned by eggs. Would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Just because the set has Blue and Indoraptor doesn’t mean the two of them fight. Let’s consider how repetitive that would be if we had another dino-hybrid showdown. Unless it was done drastically differently. I brought this up earlier, but regarding that shot of Owen firing the assault rifle upwards, I think he’s aiming at the Indoraptor, which is either climbing to or running on the second-floor indoor balcony of the mansion.

My hope is that this isn’t just the Indominus 2.0. Maybe that was what James Cromwell meant when he expressed disappointment with the script.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Just because the set has Blue and Indoraptor doesn’t mean the two of them fight. Let’s consider how repetitive that would be if we had another dino-hybrid showdown. Unless it was done drastically differently. I brought this up earlier, but regarding that shot of Owen firing the assault rifle upwards, I think he’s aiming at the Indoraptor, which is either climbing to or running on the second-floor indoor balcony of the mansion.

My hope is that this isn’t just the Indominus 2.0. Maybe that was what James Cromwell meant when he expressed disappointment with the script.

He didn't express disappointment in the script. That's just fans reading too much into it. But I agree. I really don't want Indoraptor v Blue or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Im still wondering what Owen and Maisie were doing in the featurette hanging from the roof. Oh and the set has a skylight. Idk if that spoils anything bc the features seemed to show a 'clear' roof too.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 am

Maybe the possible fight will be a throwback to Raptor vs Raptor fight on The Lost World? It was set on the roof for few seconds.

And when it comes to original book ending - I have a feeling we will get some form of Raptor invading bungalow scene. I am not sure if egg eating will be present here, but I remember this picture published by Colin Trevorrow:
https://mobile.twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/853583013103493120/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.moviefone.com%2F2017%2F04%2F17%2Fjurassic-world-sequel-colin-trevorrow-easter-eggs%2F
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Updated Cast List:

Owen Grady...Chris Pratt
Claire Dearing...Bryce Dallas Howard
Franklin Webb...Justice Smith
Zia Rodriguez...Daniella Pineda
Ken Wheatley...Ted Levine
Benjamin Lockwood...James Cromwell
Henry Wu...B.D. Wong
Eli Mills...Rafe Spall
Eversol?...Toby Jones
Maise (Lockwood?)...Isabella Sermon
Mrs. Lockwood?...Geraldine Chaplin
Ian Malcom...Jeff Goldblum
Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 am

Toby Jones' character is, I think, Wheaton. And Chaplin's character is, maybe, Eversoll.
I'm still wonder which name is correct. Zia Song or Zia Rodriguez

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 am

Robotpo wrote:
Updated Cast List:

Owen Grady...Chris Pratt
Henry Wu...B.D. Wong
Eli Mills...Rafe Spall
Eversol?...Toby Jones

Yep, u are correct bar I think Daniella's name is Zia Song, not Rodriguez. Also maybe Geraldine is Eversol Lockwood?
Back to top Go down
Sobek
Hatchling
Hatchling
Sobek

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 6:18 am

dance2nite wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Updated Cast List:

Owen Grady...Chris Pratt
Henry Wu...B.D. Wong
Eli Mills...Rafe Spall
Eversol?...Toby Jones

Yep, u are correct bar I think Daniella's name is Zia Song, not Rodriguez. Also maybe Geraldine is Eversol Lockwood?

It's Zia Rodriguez. It was changed to fit Daniella given she is mexican-american.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 2:09 pm

JP_Korea wrote:
Toby Jones' character is, I think, Wheaton. And Chaplin's character is, maybe, Eversoll.
I'm still wonder which name is correct.  Zia Song or Zia Rodriguez

Actually Ted Levine is confirmed in the recent LEGO pics as Ken Wheatley, not Wheaton as we originally thought.

Concerning Eversol - I think it's generally a last name. Then again, so's Lowery, and that was used as first name in JW, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Sobek wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Updated Cast List:

Owen Grady...Chris Pratt
Henry Wu...B.D. Wong
Eli Mills...Rafe Spall
Eversol?...Toby Jones

It's Zia Rodriguez. It was changed to fit Daniella given she is mexican-american.

Oh ok thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:17 am

Updated Character List :

Owen Grady (Chris Pratt)
Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard)
Franklin Webb (Justice Smith)
Zia Rodriguez (Daniella Pineda)
Ken Wheatley (Ted Levine)
Eli Mills (Rafe Spall)
Gunnar Eversol (Toby Jones)
Benjamin Lockwood (James Cromwell)
Henry Wu (BD Wong)
Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum)
Mrs. Lockwood? (Geraldine Chaplin)
Maisie Lockwood (Isabella Sermon)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculation on Characters   Speculation on Characters - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculation on Characters
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4