Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia

Go down 
+7
Levine
LilMaurice
TyrannosaurTJ
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
TRK/TrexKing
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Empty
PostSubject: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 am

From the ashes of the encyclopedia of Jurassic Park Legacy, comes Jurassic-Pedia!

We are lucky enough to be partnered with the team (which some of us are a part of) at Jurassic Pedia!

While the Pedia has been around for a little bit already, with it officially launching back in late May this year, together we are ramping up the coverage of this amazing database of information to with the creators permission of course have become the unofficial chat partner for chat for Jurassic-Pedia, so any discussion you'd like to have about anything you can comment in the respective sections here, at Jurassic-Pedia or for fan creation discussion, head on over to Jurassic Bungalow (Links on the website) for further centralised discussion.

We are over the moon to be partnered with Jurassic-Pedia and look forward to seeing what the future brings for the franchise and us within it!

Head over to Jurassic Pedia! Now!

Cheers,

TRK

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 10:53 am

Made this a global announcement for ya!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am

Awesome! Exploring the site now! Wink

Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 12:54 pm

It's nice to know that most of the data from the old JPL Encyclopedia survived and that JPL's death didn't drag everything down with it.

Dr. Grant: Malcolm was right. Life found a way. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It's nice to know that most of the data from the old JPL Encyclopedia survived and that JPL's death didn't drag everything down with it.

Dr. Grant: Malcolm was right. Life found a way. Very Happy

I have preserved all content offered by the JPL main site and encyclopedia. A lot of the main site stuff had back log work done to it to expand and update it and I was always short on time due to reasons I had mentioned in the past. Without that focal point of stress causing me to lose all my motivation to do content I have been able to invest the time needed, expand, and update the old content as well as revise it. I am working on getting our contributors to be a lot more collaborative as well too.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
LilMaurice
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Hallelujah! about to check out the link right now.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm

For easy access for our members, we have added a mini-button which takes you straight to the Jurassic Pedia homepage!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Levine wrote:
For easy access for our members, we have added a mini-button which takes you straight to the Jurassic Pedia homepage!

Thanks! Love the design.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Just wanted to note, that we have added a forum for fan works and encyclopedia transparency matters as well as a way to help people look for what they're looking for on the site in the Jurassic-Pedia. Knowledge is power of course and so while we still intend to operate our Facebook group for contributors only at this time or those wishing to partake in the process we made the decision to open up the forum for those outside of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram where we have a presence.

The Jurassic Bungalow forum is headed up by Lord Kristine and she will be primarily over seeing the forum, CT-1138 will be primarily handling the encyclopedia and costuming aspects, and I will be handling technical issues as they come about from software upgrades to other issues. The forum has a strict "no drama" policy with that said. Bungalow can be checked out here for those interested.

Going to go back to my rationale for this is that I did this as an avenue for transparency for people to have with the encyclopedia as well that didn't want to partake in Facebook or other social media due to the growing privacy concerns that social media sites are collecting. With the PHPBB gives a somewhat more anonymous feeling to it and frankly you can also have better discussions with it than on a Facebook post or Twitter post as well! So Bungalow is obviously for mature discussions and persons (16+) about the franchise and not to be used by people who are trying to promote things like petitions or their even their head canons. Now if you have a question about something or a head canon you heard, we will discuss that and tell you what is officially known! Be ready to accept "unknown" as a valid answer though! We don't know everything, but we do know a lot about the franchise and the media within it and as such are more than happy to share that with others.

If you want to have off-topic conversation or general conversation about the franchise, stay here at Mainframe by all means. Now if you want to discuss the encyclopedia, the content on it, the canon or just anything having to do with technical questions as well as showcasing things like art, cosplay, videos, and collection related stuff to the Jurassic series stop in and chat with us!

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 2:40 am

I am back on staff over at the Jurassic-Pedia. It has been awhile, but I still have the same job description. I have managed to get some work done since I joined back up on the 9th of May, 2018. 20k+ files have been optimized, JS & CSS files have been minified, an XML sitemap has been made, and I am currently working on the websites search engine optimization (SEO). I am crawling the Jurassic encyclopedia matrix once again, this time I have a better strategy.
Spoiler:

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:17 am

Found a couple errors in the Jurassic Park Pedia.

"January 2015- Masrani announces a $225 boost to InGen funding..."

It should read:

"January 2015- Masrani announces a $225 million boost to InGen funding..."

You also have Jophery mentioned as, "injured or killed", when it should be "killed".
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll go ahead and update.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Just a quick note here about the Jurassic Bungalow forum:

I have expanded the functionality on it to allow people to join up and discuss general Jurassic Park/World topics on down to offering suggestions and submissions in a casual effort. I dropped our "16+" age requirement as well. The forum also houses area for fandom activities such as writing, art, collection photos, area to plan for conventions among members as well.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 7:03 pm

After the removal of Bungalow and then re-working our approach on our interaction sections on the site we've created a new forum for us altogether and this one is definitely here to stay.

The new forum borrows some of the same ideas we had for Bungalow, but it also gives an area to talk about the media in the series, sciences and concepts at work in the films/novels, and most importantly a location to for people petition for or discuss possible changes needed on the encyclopedia end of things.

That said, it's definitely not your atypical fan forum, and a lot of what we'll be using it for is communicating details about the series as well as providing hopefully meaningful conversation regarding Jurassic Park/World series and the encyclopedia we compile it in first and foremost. Plus if Facebook ever shuts down, we have a hub to move to for conversation.

Link is here: http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/

As for the Facebook groups, we created a public group to serve a similar function as the forum here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/jurpediadiscuss/

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 12:04 am

Glad to see you foraying back into that space Smile

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm

I've come to terms with a lot of my decisions from back on JPL. Some I still stand by and others not so much. My aim is to make it and keep it 100% toxicity free as possible.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia   Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Announcing :Jurasic-Pedia! - The Jurassic Encyclopedia
Page 1 of 1