Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Empty
PostSubject: Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC   Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm

https://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3573916/mattels-amber-collection-6-inch-jurassic-park-jurassic-world-toys-revealed-sdcc/

And I need them all

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC   Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Blue and Owen look great, but Malcolm and the OG raptor look pretty off to me. Malcolm's face looks a little wonky, while, as Chris Pugh pointed out on Twitter, the classic JP raptor here is clearly just a repaint of the Blue figure. The classic JP raptor has a much different skin texture to Blue, and Blue lacks the pronounced pubic bone that the OG raptors had.

For the $30 price point, I think Mattel could have done better here.

Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC   Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Blue and Owen look great, but Malcolm and the OG raptor look pretty off to me. Malcolm's face looks a little wonky, while, as Chris Pugh pointed out on Twitter, the classic JP raptor here is clearly just a repaint of the Blue figure. The classic JP raptor has a much different skin texture to Blue, and Blue lacks the pronounced pubic bone that the OG raptors had.

For the $30 price point, I think Mattel could have done better here.

I agree. The more I look at the 6 inch Raptor, the more I'm on the fence about it. It's obviously meant to the the JP female Raptor, but the head sculpt is the JW raptor, the feet are way oversized, the fingers are all different sizes, and the tail looks too thin at the base. I'll reserve judgement until I see better pics, but right now I'm not falling in love with it like I thought I was. The head sculpt is especially off putting to me. The snout is too narrow and conical, which should be more rectangular with a broader,a blunt U shape, the back teeth should be bigger, and have more angled eye sockets that gives the face its iconic "scowling" look. Finally, the fingers should be the same size, and thinner, with the middle finger slightly longer. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good figure, but I just wish the it was more accurate. Being the collector's line figure, I expected better.

Blue, on the other hand, is the proper colors for the sculpt, and looks utterly amazing! Day One purchase for me!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC   Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mattel’s “Amber Collection” of 6-inch ‘Jurassic Park’ and ‘Jurassic World’ Toys Revealed at #SDCC
Page 1 of 1