Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread

Go down 
+25
Megatron
jpog2
iannmalcolmgrant
deinocoop
TyrannosaurTJ
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Saurillian
jaml655
mosasaurus
Dragon Scales
LostWorld
SmugTheFab
Bbrink1996
Megaspino2
Scott B
Rhedosaurus
Gondrasia
Dr. Wu
Pokesaurus
tigris115
Dead2009
JP_Korea
Océane
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Dragon Scales wrote:
What is the red dinosaur with a crest that appeared after the raptors?  It resembles a raptor so much. Is it a gualong?

I think Guanlong is possible but I have no idea to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Updated the first post to include the new dinosaurs. For the carnivore whose identity cannot be confirmed just yet, I put it as "Possibly Guanlong" since its the prevailing candidate.

Also, I'd just like to say that Ceratosaurus looks incredible.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 5:08 pm

The mystery red theropod has been confirmed to be Deinonychus.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Can you give a source on that?

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
Can you give a source on that?

Sure, here it is.

Edit: Here’s a screenshot of the tweet as well, in case the link doesn’t work.
Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 73732810
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Huh, I never would have guessed it. Well I guess that's that mystery solved.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 6:40 pm

I love the new image of deinonychus with crest. Why I never thought about it?
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 7:35 pm

The Ceratosaurus looks amazing, just saying. Always thought it was an underappreciated dinosaur in the community. Glad it's getting some of the spotlight here!

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Dragon Scales wrote:
What is the red dinosaur with a crest that appeared after the raptors?  It resembles a raptor so much. Is it a gualong?
https://twitter.com/nicholasRodgers/status/944671139657388034
It's a Deinonychus. Yeah, I'm very confused on this one.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Deinonychus? The heck? Aren't the raptors in Jurassic Park actually Deinonychus anyway?

I hope Nick Rogers is pulling our leg or made a mistake, because that ain't a Deinonychus.

Deinonychus:

Certainly NOT Deinonychus:

What kinda DNA are they pumping into this fella?

Then again, I may just need to get used to it, but this fella looks quite strange right now, IMO.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am

A lot of people are speculating that we'll be able to make our own hybrids, which this "Deinonychus" apparently is.
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:43 am

I don't see what's wrong with that Deinonychus depiction honestly. Of course it's missing feathers, it's a JP theropod after all. And its fleshy crest and skull ridges aren't really innacurate, just rather speculative and without evidence. Other than those, the skull underneath looks about right. I just see this as a particularly odd interpretation of the Dinosaur, probably to distinguish it from the JP raptors that are already based on Deinonychus. I actually really love it. Especially its bright angry red colouring

Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:14 am

This is JP. Inaccuracies are always going to happen. Look at the Dilophosaurus.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Ir is just the use of imagination from the developers and conceptual artists who created the game. To be honest, if the dinosaurs were just always accurate in this game, it  will loose the essence of jurassic park / world  atmosphere. Dilophosaurus is gorgeous as it is in jurassic park, even though is a fictional representation. I am agree with TyrannoFan about deinonychus representation in the game. It is unusual and odd, but gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Maybe that Deinonychus is a male (preferably sterile) with a comb like roasters have to identify the genders better. That or it has roaster DNA which gave it the comb. Just a pair of guesses on my part.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 12:10 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Maybe that Deinonychus is a male (preferably sterile) with a comb like roasters have to identify the genders better. That or it has roaster DNA which gave it the comb. Just a pair of guesses on my part.

That's possible I suppose, but I think it's more like an Oviraptors crest, which we would have fossil evidence for (unless every Deinonychus fossil we've found is female. Unlikely). I think it's more than likely a mutation/hybrid of some kind. Maybe Deinonychus is just the base genome?

(btw, I think you mean rooster, not roaster. lol, that made my day)

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

That would actually be incredibly cool.

Back to top Go down
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling
Dragon Scales

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Do you think we can create own skins? If so I hope is more easy than jpog and the isle.
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2017 8:21 pm

We'll have to wait and see when the game comes out I suppose! Anything is possible

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Yeah but there was that Jurassic Park Podcast interview where the developer hinted that there would be no males, or at least he said no breeding.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Always nice getting some new footage about JWE, even if just a little. That Ceratosaurus looks like it was taken straight out of JP///. Fantastic work there.

Now, one thing that I'd like to be announced, or mentioned, is that sexual dimorphism will be something that's going to be included. I'm not sure the difference(s) between a male and female Carnotaurus, but I'd imagine that the male would have the more ornamented head/facial features (the horns) like the one seen in the FK trailer... if that was a male. As of Jurassic World, I think that all of the animals in the park were female... ???
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:39 pm

LostWorld wrote:
Always nice getting some new footage about JWE, even if just a little. That Ceratosaurus looks like it was taken straight out of JP///. Fantastic work there.

Now, one thing that I'd like to be announced, or mentioned, is that sexual dimorphism will be something that's going to be included. I'm not sure the difference(s) between a male and female Carnotaurus, but I'd imagine that the male would have the more ornamented head/facial features (the horns) like the one seen in the FK trailer... if that was a male. As of Jurassic World, I think that all of the animals in the park were female... ???  

That's kinda up in the air I think. If the dinosaurs were made the same way as back in 1993, then it'd be almost impossible not to have males. Then again, Henry may have caught on to that mistake, in which case it may be impossible for there to be any males on Nublar.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:26 am

Megalosaurus needs included due to it being the first dinosaur named by science. It would also make me incredibly happy as it is one of my favorite dinosaurs all around.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 2:48 pm

With the recent release of the IGN trailer, how good are the odds that JWE would allow the player to create accurate dinosaurs?

Because by the looks of things, the odds are surprisingly good. The Edmontosaurus model reflects recent studies that it had a fleshy crest/comb on its head, and the Deinonychus (with its crest and 1960s skull design) appears to hint that customisation with the genes is likely. Further support for this can be seen with the InGen Database menu Frontier Developments showcased in their expo back in October, with a sub-section called “Genes”.

Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 4e449610

With JPOG, filling in the genes up to 100% only resulted in the dinosaurs living between 3-6 years, depending on the species. But with this game, it appears that genetic engineering is going to play a more prominent role other than collecting fossils and creating dinosaurs. After all Dr. Wu did say in Jurassic World that, “We have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And, if their genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different.”
Back to top Go down
tigris115
Hatchling
Hatchling
tigris115

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 10:26 pm

I actually like the idea of having to tailor your dinosaurs to changing audience reactions
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 8:07 am

There’s been a potentially huge leak for Jurassic World Evolution on 4chan regarding certain animals that are in the game, skins, how the three paths work etc.
Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 10:17 am

There’s what? If this info can be run through the security systems, what does it say?
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am

deinocoop wrote:
There’s what? If this info can be run through the security systems, what does it say?

I’ll send you and anyone else who wants to know the information through a PM, I’m not sure if JW Evolution leaks count as the same as Fallen Kingdom leaks.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm taking these "leaks" with a huge grain of salt. They are rather moderate, so that lends them at least some credence, but 4chan has a long history of fake leaks so I tend not to believe anything that comes from there unless later official information lines up with what was said.

As for whether or not the leaks can be directly posted in here or not, I say its best we stay on the safe side and adhere to the general JWFK leak rule for JWE as well.

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Frontier has released the following video of a "Species Profile" for Triceratops.

Nothing new is revealed in this trailer, but as this is likely to be one entry in a series of videos showcasing the dinosaurs of this game, I'd expect future ones to reveal more species in the game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread   Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next