Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Changes and Updates

Go down 
+7
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
CT-1138
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Pokesaurus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

Forum Changes and Updates Empty
PostSubject: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 am

We will be updating, changing, adding, and removing some features and aspects over the forums for the next few days. Some of these changes may be permanent, others may be temporary (such as the side-bar currently present). If you have any thoughts on what should be kept and removed, please provide them in a comment to this thread. Thanks.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 am

I'm not against the calender being on the side. But the Most viewed topics shpuld be back on the bottom or place on the top. Overall, and it could be that I haven't given it a proper chance, but the whole sidebar just looks a bit distracting.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I'm not against the calender being on the side. But the Most viewed topics shpuld be back on the bottom or place on the top. Overall, and it could be that I haven't given it a proper chance, but the whole sidebar just looks a bit distracting.

Not hating but i agree.

The whole side sticking out and viewing on my iPad makes the messages in topics feel almost "lopsided". Maybe it'll take some getting used to.

Again i really appreciate the effort guys!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Oooo! Shiny and new!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm

That new header is GODLY.

Forum Changes and Updates Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 11:03 pm

I love the new header!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Came to say the same thing. Amazing work guys.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 4:49 am

Excellent heading! I think its an improvement over the original!

Forum Changes and Updates Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am

Glad y'all like it! Credit to Tim Massey for creating the header. Expect more changes soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 5:35 pm

I absolutely love the new header. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 6:31 pm

That's the perfect header for Halloween season (or any season, to be totally honest with you), even though I'm not doing anything Jurassic Park/World related this year (I was Claire last year, and am planning to dress up as Ellie from the original next year to commemorate the 25th anniversary). Nicely done! Very Happy

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 6:51 pm

In collaboration with Jurassic Pedia, we have added a button which takes you to their encyclopedia site directly, next to the log in button at the top.
Will update it so it looks more uniform.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Levine wrote:
In collaboration with Jurassic Pedia, we have added a button which takes you to their encyclopedia site directly, next to the log in button at the top.
Will update it so it looks more uniform.

Nice. It feels like we now have TWO second comings of JPL at once via this site and Jurassic Pedia, Ty's newest site. That and given how we now have over 400 members and how that will only increase once the movie gets coming closer and closer, things are really looking up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Told yall it took time to get the forum off the ground lol.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

Forgive us if the forum looks a little wonky! We're going through some design shifts to prepare for tomorrow's trailer. Stay with us!
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 pm

New update to all user profiles! You can now provide a 500-character or less description of yourself on your profile. This will let everyone express themselves just a little bit more!

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

Double post for a reason: You now also have the options of displaying your favorite Jurassic Park movie and your favorite dinosaur!

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Another update (get used to these, its the season for change as the JWFK hype train builds): Thread pages now only list 25 posts per page, rather than the old count of 45. The 45 post-count tended to lead to thread pages that would take far too long to scroll around in, especially when videos and images were involved. This won't have too much of an effect on the site aside from there being more pages in threads in total than there used to be.

Keep in mind: if you have any questions, complaints, or concerns regarding forum changes and updates, you are always free to leave threads and comments in the Help Desk section of the forums (the one right below this one)!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
Another update (get used to these, its the season for change as the JWFK hype train builds): Thread pages now only list 25 posts per page, rather than the old count of 45. The 45 post-count tended to lead to thread pages that would take far too long to scroll around in, especially when videos and images were involved. This won't have too much of an effect on the site aside from there being more pages in threads in total than there used to be.

Keep in mind: if you have any questions, complaints, or concerns regarding forum changes and updates, you are always free to leave threads and comments in the Help Desk section of the forums (the one right below this one)!

Thank you so much. That sounds way easier. How do I display my favorite Dino and movie?
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Look at the taskbar at the top of the page under the banner, hit Profile, and it'll give you the options to change your profile info, and you can just do it there!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
Look at the taskbar at the top of the page under the banner, hit Profile, and it'll give you the options to change your profile info, and you can just do it there!

Sweet, thanks! Can you guys consider maybe making it something we can see beside our name in the future? I think that might be really cool.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm

I can make it happen, but to keep things from getting cluttered, I'm only gonna do one. How does displaying your favorite JP movie sound?

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
I can make it happen, but to keep things from getting cluttered, I'm only gonna do one. How does displaying your favorite JP movie sound?

I know I'm not in this conversation, but I would personally like that. Razz

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:03 am

Its done! Your favorite JP movie is now listed above your post count.

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:10 am

Pokesaurus wrote:
Its done! Your favorite JP movie is now listed above your post count.

Thank you! It's a great addition!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

Pokesaurus wrote:

Ooooh Right! cheers

Although I’d still like a way to display my intense Dilophosaurus pride in some fashion. Perhaps I’ll change my picture.

We appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing.
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 pm

See what happens when I stay away too long? Of course, now it means that I have six items listed under my username (I will not display my age, since I'm probably the oldest member here, turning 21 the year the original got released in '93), though I'm not taking anything out (unless my preferences change, which I seriously doubt, no matter what happens in the upcoming movie, which I'm starting to get excited about, even though I'm still a little on edge, to say the least). Very Happy

FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

I'm liking the changes so far. I mostly use the site on desktop but I'll be sure to check it out on mobile. I like the addition of the favorite JP film and favorite dinosaur profile options. I was so conflicted choosing between JP and TLW.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Island Queen wrote:
See what happens when I stay away too long? Of course, now it means that I have six items listed under my username (I will not display my age, since I'm probably the oldest member here, turning 21 the year the original got released in '93), though I'm not taking anything out (unless my preferences change, which I seriously doubt, no matter what happens in the upcoming movie, which I'm starting to get excited about, even though I'm still a little on edge, to say the least). Very Happy

If we're talking super active members, that would probably go to me, unless there's someone out there OLDER than I, lol.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Be sure to check us out on Twitter! @jurassicmainfrm!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Changes and Updates   Forum Changes and Updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Changes and Updates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next