Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Modding Genesis is no more.

Go down 
+4
Rhedosaurus
Pokesaurus
Saurillian
TRK/TrexKing
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

Modding Genesis is no more. Empty
PostSubject: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:15 pm

For those still actively modding and playing the PC version of Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis, please be advised that Modding Genesis has officially been disabled.

Personally I had a fair bit to do with the modding community there back in it's prime and is very sad to see it go. It unfortunately had not been active for quite some time and most of expired. It does say it is disabled when you attempt to visit so maybe they are revamping? we can only hope.

Please take this time to join me in thanking the team at Modding Genesis for all the things they have done from our Favourite JP Game.

Also it would be best for those who have those Mods from the website downloaded to make back ups in case you lose them. Especially the GEP.

Cheers,

TRK

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Wow... been a while since I messed around on Modding Genesis, must say I am a tad teared up if it really is going. Another long time staple of the JP online community gone. I swear if TresCom goes belly up my childhood is just a tad dead, lol. Anyways though, RIP Modding Genesis, I loved ya, and you will be missed. Sad

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

Modding Genesis is no more. Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Such a shame to see what was once the haven of the JPOG modding community shut down. But the game is old enough to see that start to happen, I suppose. A sad day and a sad loss, indeed.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 pm

I hate to say this, but this was inevitable. JP:OG was/still is a fanbase game that sold poorly among the GA. A small group of hardcore modders can only prop it up for so long. It's not like modders with the Command & Conquer franchise, which is so big and famous among so many more people that it can sustain itself for much longer.

I really do feel bad for those that were involved, though.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Modding Genesis had a vast wealth of discussion and had answers to many questions regarding modding JPOG. If all of that history is lost, then that's really going to be an enormous hit to the community. As far as I'm aware it is not temporarily disabled, and indeed shut down.

A small glimmer of hope remains: find your way over to a site Jurassic Island, which is run by Kovu. There, you may see some familiar names such as V-raptor and Legion. Even ERC has resurfaced over there recently after several years absence, but her username now is simply eternal. See if more answers can be found over there.

Last edited by LostWorld on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Jurassic Island was their original domain. Got a link? I’m sure it is worth checking out!

Sent from Topic'it App

Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:41 pm

I can't link the site using my phone, but just search Jurassic Island forums and it will easily come up.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 pm

RIP to a JPOG staple. And Jurassic Mods and Operation Genesis Paradise while we're at it (I was a frequenter to OGP before I joined JPL).
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 am

Before I stumbled across JPL around ten (?!) years ago, I was a... semi-semi-sorta frequenter of Modding Genesis, posting sporadically on some thing or other whilst mostly just sticking around to help myself to all the shiny skins and other modifications scattered about.

Sad to see it go.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm

The first JPOG mod site I ever found. I got a lot of good skins there and some neat mods. One of the first I ever downloaded was a mod that turned the Dilophosaurus into a fire spitting dragon. That, and the black tyrannosaur skin were always my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modding Genesis is no more.   Modding Genesis is no more. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modding Genesis is no more.
Page 1 of 1