Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Modding Q&A thread

Go down 
+27
NMH96
JP_Dino_Hunter
Océane
psdxd
TheTohoSociety
Owens_motorcycle
bimbong
JPGrid06
Troodon
Paralitian stromeri
Gondrasia
Megaspino2
sdp
Chronos
LostWorld
DinoWorld2014
Oshronosaurus
Rexy12341
Rhedosaurus
Godzillasaurus54
fdinick
steventong007
FTKchuuNINJA
SpinoInWonderland
EchoGreen
LeahMcFallFan
Chopperface
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Another one reprised from JPL.

I'll start off with:

Does anybody have the vanilla Brachiosaurus sounds? I misplaced them a while back. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Hey! I want to ask something about .TML file. How much dinosaurs can be put to a .TML? Is it, 9 species? Or more? Or less? Example, I want to MST, until I reach the maximum number of species in a .TML file.

In the specific way, there is 3 species in each .TML. I want to MST dinosaurs, until the maximum number of species in a .TML file, is reached. The maximum number of species that can be added to a .TML, is? And,the total of specieses that included in a .TML before the skins go black, is?

-----

@Chopperface : The vanilla Brachiosaurus sounds that sounds like whales, but deeper? (Whatever)
Back to top Go down
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:37 am

Yes! I believe they're the same sound effects from JPIII, specifically the one from the Brach right as the scene is transitioning.
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:46 am

I think I have it. I will upload it here, when I found it!

Edit : Here it is! - Vanilla Sounds - Brachiosaurus Altithorax
Back to top Go down
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:00 am

Many thanks, my friend!
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 am

Your welcome! I'm sorry if that the wrong sounds. You better listen to it first, as I now use PMEP's sounds few months ago. So... Anyone can answer my question?
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 am

@LeahMcFallFan: there should not be any limit to the number of species or skins a tml can have.
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:30 am

@EchoGreen : What? Fdinick says the limit, is, 18 skins in an .TML before all skins go black?
Back to top Go down
SpinoInWonderland
Hatchling
Hatchling
SpinoInWonderland

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

LeahMcFallFan wrote:
@EchoGreen : What? Fdinick says the limit, is, 18 skins in an .TML before all skins go black?
That's false. I've tested it myself a while back, 20 skins total and not a single skin bug.

Models | Skins | Mesozoic Revolution
Back to top Go down
http://spinoinwonderland.deviantart.com/
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:52 am

SpinoInWonderland wrote:
LeahMcFallFan wrote:
That's false. I've tested it myself a while back, 20 skins total and not a single skin bug.
Okay... Thanks, @EchoGreen & @SpinoInWonderland!
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 6:52 pm

If the structures tml can hold more than forty skins, I can make 40 tree skins in the flora tml, what makes it crazy is that Godzillasaurus's challenge mid has 100+ dino skins in one tml if I am saying this correctly.
Back to top Go down
steventong007
Embryo
Embryo
steventong007

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 am

FTKchuuNINJA Good .... cheers cheers

Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:39 pm

Just wondering and I think Bela is doing this for Skull Island; what if a Gigantopithecus was made from Brachiosaurus?

Make the tail and neck+ head invisible, and give what remains the ape skin; the part of the body that was the "stump" of the neck could be the head. Now I said Gigantopithecus because I'm thinking of the oversized King Louie in the new Jungle Book (Jon Favreau said the animals were sized up to help us look at them like a child would), to be fair.

Just some pondering.

EDIT: Also, how does one give another dinosaur more weight? You see, I gave a Dicraeosaurus INI the Amphicoelias model (because my earlier Wuerhosaurus/Amphi hybrid kept crashing the game), but it doesn't have the stomps and heft of say a Brachiosaurus. So, how do I make my Dicr/Amphi as heavy and stompy as a Brachiosaur? What do I do to the INI?
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:57 am

@Chopperface : I don't understand what are you saying right now... Well, if you mean, you want your Dicraeosaurus to have the stompy ground, make trees shake when it's pass, make some earthquake effects, and something like that, you have to edit some lines in the Dicraeosaurus .INI file to match the lines in the Brachiosaurus .INI files, or, you can simply copy the traits of Brachiosaurus .INI and replace the Dicraeosaurus ones. For the earthquake screen effects, you have to edit some lines of your Dicraeosaurus .INX, which is:

• duration=0.2;
  • magnitude=0.05;
  • radius=60.0;
  • fadeduration=0.2;

to match the numbers the Brachiosaurus .INX have. The numbers above have been taken from the Brachiosaurus .INX.
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 7:47 pm

=w= huehuehuehuehue... imma' just leave this here

duration=0.4;
magnitude=0.05;
radius=60.0;
fadeduration=0.2;
SFX_TREXROAR
{
animname=idle_post_lp;
framenum=20;
}

now let all your dinos' raors be earthshattering!!! >B)
Back to top Go down
fdinick
Hatchling
Hatchling
fdinick

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Oh... sorry i realy think the 18 skin in a tml are the limit... so... 20 skins are the limit of dinos tml???

Modding Q&A thread Image38
Back to top Go down
Godzillasaurus54
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:33 pm

I have like 60 different skins in Flaming Cliffs and they're all fine. So I'm pretty sure you can add as many skins as you want. The only concern I'd have is loading times on certain computers.

fdinick
Hatchling
Hatchling
fdinick

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Jesus ! Can u send me that tml please ? I realy like to show that from JPBrazil team. If u can send me only one, with that i transform in the orthers 8 tmls ...

Modding Q&A thread Image38
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Is it possible to perform any kind of mod for the PS2 version of the game?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 5:30 pm

I think, no...
Back to top Go down
Rexy12341
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 3:42 am

Is cloning the Dilophosaurus with a new skin and model different from other dinosaurs? because I have done the same I have done the same with all the other dinosaurs yet the clones just have black skins.
If anyone can tell we if it is different or not

A dinosaur Facebook group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/1011995095509458/
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2016 12:15 am

is it possible to make new fossil sites with their own unique species? (not necessarily a "real" new species--i mean like single a site with, say, the dryo, trike, and rex all in one, rather than being split between three sites)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 am

Yes, but the species inside must either be species or clones of species from the same digsite. E.g. a digsite can have Ouranosaurus, Iguanodon (Ouranosaurus clone) and Spinosaurus, all of which are from the Chenini Formation.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 10:01 pm

puts a bit of a damper on the idea i had, but how specific does it get? like, would Chenini one NEED to have all three of the originals?

separately, is there any way to make a completely custom site with completely different dinos in it?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 am

No to the first. Yes to the second.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 pm

that might be good news, them Smile what i specifically want to know is if totally different dino models from different fossil sites could be combined into one customized site

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 11:26 pm

That isn't possible.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 pm

thanks for the quick reply--you post was ambiguously worded. i'll have to think around that, then Wink

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

how many fossil sites can be modded into the game? an idea occurred to me that could be a decent go-around to the problem that occurred to me: instead of specific fossil sites*, it's a whole species list that you select to mix-and-match whichever exact animals you want, with one and its variants to a single "site". the ecosystems that are directly stated in the vanilla game are implied in the Dinopedia instead, mentioning where those dinos were found in real-life, their time period, and what their favored companions and prey animals are (assuming the authenticity thing can be determined beyond just fossil site). i guess you could say that you’re buying the rights to that dino from InGen. while i came up with this for a hopeful separate project, it could apply to the FCM and other mods, too.

*possibly--in the same train of thought, it occurred to me that fossil sites could still be used, but much more specifically, such as Iguanodon being specifically provided by "Bernissart Formation" and it's the only one there

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
DinoWorld2014
Embryo
Embryo
DinoWorld2014

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 3:35 am

Don't double post. (double posting doesn't harm the rules but everyone will get frowned upon with them, you might need to edit your post.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modding Q&A thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modding Q&A thread   Modding Q&A thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modding Q&A thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next