Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5

Go down 
+49
Dilophosaurus
Boone54
scoobysaurus
vinsanity
Alonso14
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
jamie_tid
doyouthinkhesaurus
TyrantKing4Ever
Amadieus
#TRexSpinorematch
TheDreamMaster
Island Queen
TyrannosaurTJ
DinoMike
FayhdrianColonist
Nublar7
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Pokesaurus
SmugTheFab
IllOrfanato
TRK/TrexKing
deinocoop
1morey
Gondrasia
mosasaurus
brunofernando
Sobek
Megatron
dance2nite
Bbrink1996
Oviraptor
Robotpo
BarrytheOnyx
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
TyrannoFan
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Herrerasaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Dead2009
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 pm

Do we really want a jp show? it would be nothing but politics. we should be thankful that the jp films aren't getting oversaturated with stuff like Marvel and star wars. Those franchises can go in many different directions, but there is only so much you could do with jp. would I like more canon related stuff? sure but we are getting better toys, a novel, game and viral websites, so I think it is a step in the right direction. This is the only franchise that I am aware of that is allowing fans to expand the canon and explain the inconsistencies in jp 3, so kudos to Colin for that I guess. On a side note, I hope sorna isn't completely abandoned as it would make Hammond's speech at the end of the lost world super bittersweet.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Do we really want a jp show? it would be nothing but politics. we should be thankful that the jp films aren't getting oversaturated with stuff like Marvel and star wars. Those franchises can go in many different directions, but there is only so much you could do with jp. would I like more canon related stuff? sure but we are getting better toys, a novel, game and viral websites, so I think it is a step in the right direction. This is the only franchise that I am aware of that is allowing fans to expand the canon and explain the inconsistencies in jp 3, so kudos to Colin for that I guess. On a side note, I hope sorna isn't completely abandoned as it would make Hammond's speech at the end of the lost world super bittersweet.

Yeah, Sorna really is kind of a sore spot for me. I really want it explained.

I’m also looking forward to the new video game immensely and playing around with my own little world just like when I was a kid. I hope that leads to more games but I’m not really expecting it to. As a JP fan I think it’s natural to always have a feeling of wanting MORE, and I think that’s true for anything you love. And I’m not gonna lie I do want more than what we are getting. But....

I’m personally really happy that the franchise is back alive again rather than extinct. JW did crazy good at the box office and FK seems to have really stepped up the game in terms of everything. I have a good feeling that we are going to come out of this with a good trilogy to look back on before the series is rebooted at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I’m also looking forward to the new video game immensely and playing around with my own little world just like when I was a kid. I hope that leads to more games but I’m not really expecting it to.  As a JP fan I think it’s natural to always have a feeling of wanting MORE, and I think that’s true for anything you love. And I’m not gonna lie I do want more than what we are getting. But....

I’m personally really happy that the franchise is back alive again rather than extinct. JW did crazy good at the box office and FK seems to have really stepped up the game in terms of everything. I have a good feeling that we are going to come out of this with a good trilogy to look back on before the series is rebooted at the very least.

I think rebooting the franchise outright would be a bad idea. Universal and Spielberg have allow so much potential of the current JP franchise go to waste by just sitting on it and we are supposed to trust them that they won't do it all over again. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have something be oversaturated and milked to death then just get wasted by apathy, playing it safe, and inept leadership.

Not only that, but do we really need to risk a civil war between fans?

I used to be one of those people who are thankful that JP was back at all. But when I saw how little money Universal pumped into making this whole thing larger and how Spielberg has sat on most of the unused potential, I started to change.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:11 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I’m also looking forward to the new video game immensely and playing around with my own little world just like when I was a kid. I hope that leads to more games but I’m not really expecting it to.  As a JP fan I think it’s natural to always have a feeling of wanting MORE, and I think that’s true for anything you love. And I’m not gonna lie I do want more than what we are getting. But....

I think rebooting the franchise outright would be a bad idea. Universal and Spielberg have allow so much potential of the current JP franchise go to waste by just sitting on it and we are supposed to trust them that they won't do it all over again. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have something be oversaturated and milked to death then just get wasted by apathy, playing it safe, and inept leadership.

I used to be one of those people who are thankful that JP was back at all. But when I saw how little money Universal pumped into making this whole thing larger and how Spielberg has sat on most of the unused potential, I started to change.

There's a club with your name on it where everything is over saturated and milked to death, but Universal is making a good choice by playing it safe Not wasting it with JP until people accept it back in the mainstream. Until then, you're in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am

deinocoop wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

There's a club with your name on it where everything is over saturated and milked to death, but Universal is making a good choice by playing it safe Not wasting it with JP until people accept it back in the mainstream. Until then, you're in the wrong place.

But isn't that a losers mentality? "Yeah, we'll never be a large as the MCU or Star Wars, but be lucky we have anything at all." That's the kind of mindset that a die-hard fans of a sports team that hasn't won anything yet has. "Yeah, our football team is mediocre, but a mediocre football team is better then none." Sorry, but I fail to see why wanting something to be larger and better is worse. Maybe you want this franchise to linger, but I don't and nobody else does.

If anything else, the fact that Spielberg and Universal has done little to expand this after JW means that this franchise has an even harder time trying to get back into the mainstream. Even more so considering how massive the MCU has become. Like it or not, the moment The Avengers came out was the moment the standards and mindsets of how franchises should handled be changed. What people originally thought was oversaturation turned into requirements overnight.

It's one thing to try an find a golden medium, but another thing to play it safe as long as Universal is. You can only play it so safe for so long before people get sick of it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Can u not sound like a broken radio?
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
deinocoop wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

But isn't that a losers mentality? "Yeah, we'll never be a large as the MCU or Star Wars, but be lucky we have anything at all." That's the kind of mindset that a die-hard fans of a sports team that hasn't won anything yet has. "Yeah, our football team is mediocre, but a mediocre football team is better then none." Sorry, but I fail to see why wanting something to be larger and better is worse. Maybe you want this franchise to linger, but I don't and nobody else does.

If anything else, the fact that Spielberg and Universal has done little to expand this after JW means that this franchise has an even harder time trying to get back into the mainstream. Even more so considering how massive the MCU has become. Like it or not, the moment The Avengers came out was the moment the standards and mindsets of how franchises should handled be changed. What people originally thought was oversaturation turned into requirements overnight.

It's one thing to try an find a golden medium, but another thing to play it safe as long as Universal is. You can only play it so safe for so long before people get sick of it.
Why would you want the franchised to be milked to death? Where we are now in the jp franchise is more than enough. Jp isn't a franchise that has enough material to sustain a large franchise. Marvel and star wars have a bigger playground/sandbox/universe to play with and those films don't feel as special since we are getting so much of it. With Jp now, we are getting new films but alteast they are given enough time to breath and they have an actual end in mind.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 8:57 am

deinocoop wrote:
Can u not sound like a broken radio?

I don't know what I said in my last post that isn't repetitive. Not only that, but you please stop being so snarky with me? I have done very little to personally attack you or put you down. Is it really that hard to ask the same?

Herrearasaurus: Like it or not, franchises afford be treated like they were in the 1990's-2000's. And, yes, it does have enough potential to get larger.

Add in some new dinosaurs that are feathered: Anzu,deinocheirus, etc

Some other company cloning dinosaurs in the jungles of Africa and using the legends of living dinosaurs (Mokele-Mbembe) as cover, what happened to Sorna in between JP3 and JW (sorry, these sites aren't enough for me) new non-feathered dinosaurs on the other islands.

And there are topics this franchise can talk about: Like the militarization of conservation, for instance.

This franchise can't afford to play in such a small sandbox. People here an complain about the MCU and Star Wars oversaturating the market, but the thing is that it wouldn't happen if there wasn't such a high demand for it, let alone things to be maximized. Think about it, don't you think that more people would be talking about this movie if this franchise had been allowed to grow larger after JW?

Back to top Go down
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:09 am

Alright, it was wrong for me to get snarky. I’m sorry, i won’t get snarky again. The franchise should be bigger than it is right now. Sad
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 9:10 am

Guys let’s take a bit of a chill pill and stop the baiting/flaming starter posts. Thank you.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 6:36 pm

Jurassic Outpost posts article on official release of Jurassic Park Saga 4K Blu-ray release

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 12:27 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Jurassic Outpost posts article on official release of Jurassic Park Saga 4K Blu-ray release

YES, cannot wait to watch all 4 films in 4k & then add FK to the list later in the year! cheers
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 2:00 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm tempted to buy but i think i rather wait till all of the new films are released to see what new ultra special bundle they create that includes every film
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Is this new?

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 2:20 pm

How exactly will future generations see these animals? You can't exactly have them running around loose.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
How exactly will future generations see these animals? You can't exactly have them running around loose.
Perhaps it's like how some wildlife preserves have visitors today. Except the dinosaurs would be on an island.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
well they could always film them from a safe distance or do a flyby haha
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 12:00 pm

I still don’t get how there are literally no dinosaurs left on Sorna. Like what about smaller herbivores at least?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:

If it's anything like that god awful Westworld TV show, count me out.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

Don't you come for Westworld! Mad
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 2:32 am

dance2nite wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

That’s the third time in a row we have agreed on something movie or tv related XD. When WW season 2 comes out we should start a thread man.

And I would love a JP show that is more political and science with far less action.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I still don’t get how there are literally no dinosaurs left on Sorna. Like what about smaller herbivores at least?

And this is what bothers me the most. The fact that this is supposed to be the situation in the movie really bothers me. I get that Spielberg didn't like The Lost World and that most fans still hate JP3 by a 70/30 margin, but that's no excuse to outright trash canon as well as a movie that many people still like a lot. Even more so considering how most fans still love The Lost World and how that movie has got a better reputation as time has gone by.

Say what you want about Disney's handling of Star Wars, but at least they've treated the prequels and canon with far more respect then this.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:20 am

dance2nite wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

lol, worst show i've ever seen xD
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

lol, worst show i've ever seen xD

What! Shocked Mad Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm

So since we have two other threads discussing the state of the franchise and how it's been handled by Universal...

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1307-this-franchise-has-been-handled-and-received-just-like-star-wars-through-the-years

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1307-this-franchise-has-been-handled-and-received-just-like-star-wars-through-the-years

As well as a thread on the the Dinosaur Protection Group that can be discussed here...

https://www.jurassicmainframe.com/t1279-dinosaur-protection-group

It's probably best to try and contain discussion about the state of the franchise, treatment of the franchise, canonical issues, and issues with how the DPG has altered the canon to these threads. This discussion about canon and Universal's treatment of the canon has kind of taken over the whole JW section, to the point where it's kind of inescapable. Let's try to scale it back a bit.

Thanks.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So since we have two other threads discussing the state of the franchise and how it's been handled by Universal...

As well as a thread on the the Dinosaur Protection Group that can be discussed here...

It's probably best to try and contain discussion about the state of the franchise, treatment of the franchise, canonical issues, and  issues with how the DPG has altered the canon to these threads. This discussion about canon and Universal's  treatment of the canon has kind of taken over the whole JW section, to the point where it's kind of inescapable. Let's try to scale it back a bit.

Thanks.

THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

It's probably best to try and contain discussion about the state of the franchise, treatment of the franchise, canonical issues, and  issues with how the DPG has altered the canon to these threads. This discussion about canon and Universal's  treatment of the canon has kind of taken over the whole JW section, to the point where it's kind of inescapable. Let's try to scale it back a bit.

Thanks.

You're right, I have overtaken this thread. I'm sorry about that. I'll keep those thoughts contained in those threads.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 pm

So according to The AV Club, dinosaurs are monsters that don't deserve to be protected...

https://www.avclub.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-wants-us-to-feel-bad-for-1823544006

Laughing

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So according to The AV Club, dinosaurs are monsters that don't deserve to be protected...

https://www.avclub.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-wants-us-to-feel-bad-for-1823544006

Laughing

Well, according to that author, anyway. Let’s not paint with too broad a brush. He doesn’t get it.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 7:14 pm

So, the Fallen Kingdom toy have apparently already hit retail stores...

https://twitter.com/RealMB164/status/971045326198132738

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.5
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next