Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]

Go down 
+5
BarrytheOnyx
Gondrasia
BoulderFaceplant
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm

http://themeparkuniversity.com/universal/universal-studios-hollywood-changes-jurassic-park-ride-jurassic-world-ride/

Interesting

Last edited by Dead2009 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 am

Honestly, I want a refurbishment for the original ride, but mostly Orlando sinc eit has the whole JP island theme. IF Hollywood, which I've heard is in worse shape, wants to change it up, sounds like a plan to me honestly.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

Best-case scenario. The corporate heads go through JP The Ride and say to themselves, “Holy shit, we need to replace the animatronics entirely because these haven’t been maintained at all! What about Islands of Adventure? Let’s update the dinosaurs there, too.”
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:12 pm

In 2019, face Indominus rex when she makes her world premiere in the new, high-tech Jurassic World. Journey to where living dinosaurs roam the earth in the part expedition, part heart-pounding water ride based on the blockbuster film franchise.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaurus dives for its great white shark snack. But the real danger lies ahead when the brutal Indominus rex escapes its enclosure. Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurus rex comes to your rescue... right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall.

And plan to experience the original Jurassic Park The Ride before it becomes extinct on 3rd September 2018!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Since I never got a chance to experience the old ride, the fact that it's closing down for good on my birthday, rubs an extra bit of irony into the whole thing. It's too late to make an impromptu trip, alas.

Beyond that, I still think Universal could do more with the franchise than just a rennovated ride if they acquired the land to dedicate a whole park to the thrills and spills of the JP series.

Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Shouldn't all of this have been done sometime in the mid-late 2000's? I mean, no JP movies were being made at that time so it's not like they didn't have a reason.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Why would they revamp a ride when nothing's going on franchise wise?

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm

I find this depressing. The ride in LA was a huge part of my childhood...I remember being so excited when it opened, listening to audio files of the ride back in the days of 90's dial-up, and finally getting to ride it - twice - during Summer vacation 2000. I've been on it several times since...sad that it's going away.

I wish they'd simply done the old Safari ride which was planned - and looked awesome - in addition, as opposed to replacing this. But oh well.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 1:20 am

So I don't have a hosting site at the moment, but someone on the JP Toys Facebook page posted pictures of animatronics tests of the T. Rex and Indominus fighting over the area right before the drop. Looked a bit neat but not as scary to me as the original did.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
doyouthinkhesaurus
Embryo
Embryo
doyouthinkhesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 12:47 am

If they do change it JW I'll be disappointed and excited. I was lucky to ride it once (technically 5 times don't judge me lol) when I vacationed in Orange County for a week with some family. It is in quite a state of disrepair, and hopefully updating it fixes that, but it would be quite sad to see much of the old ride gone. Though this is coming from the place that DEMOLISHED THE OLDEST SURVIVING MOVIE SET! (RIP Phantom of The Opera Stage) for their theme park. So it's not like they care for preserving the past. Sorry if this is a bit angry or anything lol.

PM me and we'll talk about vidya and movies.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 4:55 pm

More rumors posted to Screamscape

Quote :
Jurassic World Upgrade - (9/9/18) So Jurassic Park: The Ride is closed and its time to start talking about what changes may be coming to the ride when it reopens as Jurassic World. In general it is expected that the layout of the ride will remain unchanged, but the cast of dinosaurs within and various effects is expected to be changed out quite a bit. Once you enter the building for the finale portion of the ride, we have heard we can expect to see large screens put to use in various areas along with special effects to show off various new dinosaur threats that were previously done with animatronics. The one thing that may not change however is the final T-Rex figure behind the waterfall is rumored to still play a pivotal role in the new finale scene just before the big plunge. I don't want to spoil it all, but if it works out the way I'm hearing, it will be a satisfying scene that will play true to the movies.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 pm

http://screamscape.com/html/ush-jwfinale_2.htm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
JQuinzelle
Embryo
Embryo
JQuinzelle

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 11:27 pm

From those 2 seconds of POSSIBLE ride footage, I'm sold! I'm so going this summer just for this one ride.
I remember when the first ride came out how awesome it was. The car actually fell and the ride didn't stall so much before the Rex! Also, the merch was sooo much better. Actual JP toys, JP ponchos and gear, less look-alike junk. I really hope this ride comes with cool merch.
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, TAKE MY MONEY!!!

My Website
My FanFiction
My Twitch Channel
Back to top Go down
http://www.ShyOfInterruption.com
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:59 pm

So the new ride/area seems to be in operation and there are videos of it on Youtube:

Frankly it looks like an inferior version of the original ride based on less-popular films (with the Mosasaur and Indominus kind-of thrown-in)...but, okay. Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 8:15 pm

So who has seen the POV yet? What's your take on it?

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Source: Screamscape

(2/12/20) The I-Rex Is Coming!

I repeat... The I-REX Is Coming!

Yes, at long last the long delayed installation of the Indominus Rex animatronic along with the complete finale experience for Jurassic World: The Ride is ready to be installed! Universal Studios Hollywood has already confirmed that starting on February 18, 2020 the Jurassic World ride will be closed for an extended refurbishment, with no posted date to reopen. Screamscape sources have confirmed that the heavily aniticipated new Indominus Rex figure will be installed during this scheduled downtime, allowing for the ride’s finale scene to be reprogrammed as intended to feature a battle / standoff between the I-Rex and T-Rex just before your raft takes the plunge!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]   Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: The Ride [POV Inside]
Page 1 of 1