Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?

Go down 
+8
Troyal1
brunofernando
Dilophosaurus
Spiegel
CT-1138
dance2nite
owenpratt
#TRexSpinorematch
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Empty
PostSubject: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 am

I was watching this video about J.A. Bayona in wich they ask him a series of easy questions about the Jurassic Park movies and it took me by complete surprise that when they asked him about Jurassic Park 3, he appeared to be totally unaware about the Spinosurus (or anything JP3) and even seemed to struggle trying to remember things about the original Jurassic Park (Like how many raptors were in the kitchen). Here is the video (It's in spanish);

https://youtu.be/PEYLZw9B-R4

So I started to wonder, are the rest of the directors, producers and/writers of JW and JWFK really fans of the franchise? Because besides Colin Trevorrow (who seems to at least know a few things about the franchise overall) the rest of them seem to be just very very casual fans of the first one and that's about it.

Like for example , I read that writer Dereck Connolly had not even seen The Lost World or JP3 before writing Jurassic World. What about producer Frank Marshall? I have never seen anything about him that screams hardcore fan (Correct me if I am wrong).

And, note, this is not an attack on them as people, they might be good people, just not big fans of the franchise they are making. Maybe that's why sometimes things like the very popular Dilophosaurus being ignored for 4 sequels in a row now happens ?

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 6:39 am

Wow, he didn't even remember the Raptor names from Jurassic World... and he directed the sequel to it Laughing

I think Bayona loves Spielberg in a more cinematic way, if that makes sense, more than the actual lore of Jurassic Park. I'm sure that, while he might not remember a character's name, he remembers exactly how a shot is framed for example. He probably wanted to do Fallen Kingdom in order to do a great film in general and homaging Spielberg and the horror genre.

Colin Trevorrow is the one who knows the lore of JP by heart, he's like the biggest fan and really knows what the franchise is about. Whenever he talks about Jurassic you can see how passionate he is about it.

The main actors seem to be great fans of JP, although maybe not as much as Colin. Like, they seem to be passionate about it but not hardcore fans like us who knows everything about JP.

EDIT:

Also, is it me or Bayona looks often very nervous in the interviews? Colin looks like he handles them much better, but I guess he's just used to it after doing already Jurassic World in 2015.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 am

For real though...We may have not only discovered a significant clue as to why JWFK is getting a backlash but also a major reason why things like the whole "Spino skeleton from JW is the same Spino from JP3" (even though it has a crest the JP3 Spino never had) happens. And that is why sometimes fans have a hard time accepting some things as canon. They are clearly being made by people who might very well know very little about the franchise.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:31 pm

Bayona hadn't even read the novels when he was hired for FK, he said he read them after being hired. Also Bayona always said how big of a fan he is of Spielberg & the not the JP Franchise in general so I don't think he is a big JP fan really?

Derek said he only ever watched JP before he wrote JW with Colin, so same as Bayona probably &

Colin to me seems like the biggest fan of the franchise as a whole so is probably the right person to look after this new trilogy.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 7:50 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Bayona hadn't even read the novels when he was hired for FK, he said he read them after being hired. Also Bayona always said how big of a fan he is of Spielberg & the not the JP Franchise in general so I don't think he is a big JP fan really?

Derek said he only ever watched JP before he wrote JW with Colin, so same as Bayona probably &

Colin to me seems like the biggest fan of the franchise as a whole so is probably the right person to look after this new trilogy.
Now I get the opposite effect. Trevorrow seems to be one of those GA fans that like "Jurassic Park" the movie, not Jurassic Park the franchise and see the first two sequels as unnecessary and superfluous. He seems like he loves the awe and wonder parts whilst ignoring that JP is, at its heart, a dark sci-fi horror about the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around.

Last edited by CT-1138 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 pm

I never really though Trevvorrow was a huge fan of the franchise. It was more like he liked the film as a film and not for its exact content.

#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 12:13 am

Maybe that's the problem, there are no famous, producers/writers/directors in Hollywood who are big Jurassic Park fans.

Even Jack Horner seems to take these movies not so seriously ever since JP3 and Joe Johnston said he was a fan and wanted to direct TLW but when he got to direct JP3 we know how that went...

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 am

CT-1138 wrote:

Now I get the opposite effect. Trevorrow seems to be one of those GA fans that like "Jurassic Park" the movie, not Jurassic Park the franchise and see the first two sequels as unnecessary and superfluous. He seems like he loves the awe and wonder parts whilst ignoring that JP is, at its heart, a dark sci-fi horror about the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around.

Don't JW and FK talk about the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around?

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:57 am

CT-1138 wrote:
]He seems like he loves the awe and wonder parts whilst ignoring that JP is, at its heart, a dark sci-fi horror about the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around.

Maybe they should have got this guy to direct:

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Ken-wa10
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:04 am

They don't need to be the biggest fans (Bayona did great, even Joe Johnston, and Colin is a huge fan), but they should have a team watching out for cannon and stuff. All the major franchises have something like this now.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 1:32 pm

owenpratt wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Don't JW and FK talk about the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control and not the other way around?
FK more than JW. JW feels more like an anti-corporatist movie tan anything.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey Trex vs Spino.

I have no link to this. But I did see this on tv I swear to god. It was on when a channel was showing the original JP about a week back and they were interviewing Colin and Chris Pratt about the rex. Amc I believe. And Chris said something to the affect of  “she’s been in all 5 movies, can’t believe this animal is still going strong” all while showing footage of TLW. And then Colin smiles and says something like “she’s very iconic, glad she’s still here”.

Now I know for a fact Colin knows better then that. But this little feature stunned me with how they were protraying Rexy as being the only rex or something. I know he GA doesn’t care but as a fan I found it certainly bizarre and hilarious lol.

Edit: wow I had no idea that one of the writers has not seen TLW or JP3.... does this strike anyone else as pathetic? I mean you are getting paid god knows what to write a sequel to a massive franchise and you don’t even have time to just watch both of them for even just for fun? Sounds lazy as hell. Sorry.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

FK more than JW. JW feels more like an anti-corporatist movie tan anything.

You're right. But I think that anti-corporatist theme is kinda still part of the arrogance of men in thinking nature is in their control (They basically own the dinosaurs and give them commercial names like they were things instead of real living beings).

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm

I personally don’t think it really matters how big a fan you are of something though I will say. It’s all about the talent. I’ve seen countless times that being a fan of a franchise really doesn’t mean all that much. Star Wars for instance. I think the people over there are too big a fans and are repeating the same things from others films. In my opinion (keep that in mind lol).

I bet there are writers who aren’t huge fans who could probably take the franchise in better or just as good directions tbh.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Hey Trex vs Spino.

I have no link to this. But I did see this on tv I swear to god. It was on when a channel was showing the original JP about a week back and they were interviewing Colin and Chris Pratt about the rex. Amc I believe. And Chris said something to the affect of  “she’s been in all 5 movies, can’t believe this animal is still going strong” all while showing footage of TLW. And then Colin smiles and says something like “she’s very iconic, glad she’s still here”.

Now I know for a fact Colin knows better then that. But this little feature stunned me with how they were protraying Rexy as being the only rex or something. I know he GA doesn’t care but as a fan I found it certainly bizarre and hilarious lol.

Edit: wow I had no idea that one of the writers has not seen TLW or JP3.... does this strike anyone else as pathetic? I mean you are getting paid god knows what to write a sequel to a massive franchise and you don’t even have time to just watch both of them for even just for fun? Sounds lazy as hell. Sorry.
I know it's a technicality, but Rexy's been on the cover of at least 4 of the 5 movies. Rexy's skull is based on AMNH 5027, as is the Jurassic Park logo. So, if you think about it, Rexy IS the T. rex of the JP logo.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:42 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Hey Trex vs Spino.

I know it's a technicality, but Rexy's been on the cover of at least 4 of the 5 movies. Rexy's skull is based on AMNH 5027, as is the Jurassic Park logo. So, if you think about it, Rexy IS the T. rex of the JP logo.

Yeah but they are showing footage of the bull rex as they talk about this lol.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Hey Trex vs Spino.

Universal has trouble telling their T. rexes apart. A few years back, I heard from a guy working to make a bobblehead Rexy for Universal that Universal wanted it to be green.

Last edited by CT-1138 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Lmao so Chris is implying rexy just came back from the dead like ash after JP3? Hahahahaha XD.
This is honestly surprising to me considering the TLW buck rex is clearly visualy different from rexy and the TLW female, and they elaborate that this is indeed a male several times in the movie:

"All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only"

"If he doesn't surrender, yes"

But aside from that, I do think that from all the rpoduction team Colin seems to be the biggest fan. Although oddly enough, the fact that Bayona is more of a spielberg fan and not really a JP fan didn't bother me that much- In my opinion, the best bits of the movie exist because of him (while most of the flaws, ironically, stem from trevorrow). I will agree that they need better lore management (especially after the whole sorna thing with fallen kingdom).
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 pm

I really believe Trevvorrow is a fan of the theme of Jurassic park but not really hyped for how it all went down in the first 3 films. Jurassic World was his fanfiction / head canon and now he's playing out the way he thinks it should have played out. There is very little tie in (if any at all), with the obvious dismissal of Sorna, to the films aside from the original.  I almost feel like if he could he would just dismiss TLW and JP/// and make JW the original sequel and FK the last of the trilogy and then have 3 more movies to explore all the stuff he has thrown at us (Human Clones, Illegal Cloning, Militarized Dinosaurs, and the Illegal dinosaur trade)

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Spiegel wrote:
I really believe Trevvorrow is a fan of the theme of Jurassic park but not really hyped for how it all went down in the first 3 films. Jurassic World was his fanfiction / head canon and now he's playing out the way he thinks it should have played out. There is very little tie in (if any at all), with the obvious dismissal of Sorna, to the films aside from the original.  I almost feel like if he could he would just dismiss TLW and JP/// and make JW the original sequel and FK the last of the trilogy and then have 3 more movies to explore all the stuff he has thrown at us (Human Clones, Illegal Cloning, Militarized Dinosaurs, and the Illegal dinosaur trade)

At this point, I agree. CT-1138 said that Trevorrow was a fan of JP the movie, but not the franchise. That's a massive problem. You have to be a fan of the franchise or at least give it more respect. Not basically treat the first 2 sequels like crap via wiping out the Sorna population.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Jurassic Park, both the novel and the movie, was special because it filled this niche of smart science fiction that usually got delegated to B-movie monster flicks. Seriously, think about it. How many dinosaur movies can you name besides Jurassic Park that aren't monster flicks. I would say that back in the day Jurassic Park was on the same level Interstellar is on now if only because it was so revolutionary to popular perception of paleontology. Now, though? It's just not. JP was cutting edge science at the time of its release, but now it's just become another B-movie monster mash, and I honestly find that sad.

We fans like to proudly proclaim how the first Jurassic Park got us into dinosaurs, but that was 25 years ago. Science has changed, but Jurassic Park hasn't changed with it. The dinosaur designs we had 25 years ago are no longer what they are today. Jurassic World had its chance to change dinosaur perception for the next quarter of a century, but it blew it. We got the same old nostalgia bait designs. There's so many ways we could have gotten new, updated dinosaurs with Jurassic World, and instead we got "If the dinosaurs were pure, they wouldn't be cool."

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 7:01 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Jurassic Park, both the novel and the movie, was special because it filled this niche of smart science fiction that usually got delegated to B-movie monster flicks. Seriously, think about it. How many dinosaur movies can you name besides Jurassic Park that aren't monster flicks. I would say that back in the day Jurassic Park was on the same level Interstellar is on now if only because it was so revolutionary to popular perception of paleontology. Now, though? It's just not. JP was cutting edge science at the time of its release, but now it's just become another B-movie monster mash, and I honestly find that sad.

We fans like to proudly proclaim how the first Jurassic Park got us into dinosaurs, but that was 25 years ago. Science has changed, but Jurassic Park hasn't changed with it. The dinosaur designs we had 25 years ago are no longer what they are today. Jurassic World had its chance to change dinosaur perception for the next quarter of a century, but it blew it. We got the same old nostalgia bait designs. There's so many ways we could have gotten new, updated dinosaurs with Jurassic World, and instead we got "If the dinosaurs were pure, they wouldn't be cool."

I still wish we could have got more new more accurate dinosaurs while keeping most of the old ones (The JP3 Spino being the exception) as is. I would have loved to see a feathered Anzu or Deinocheirus.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 8:23 pm

This is what I'm referring to. It's an interview with Trevvorrow.

Interviewer: Without getting into spoilers, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom seems to end in a way that sets up something you really wanted to do all along.

Trevorrow: That is accurate. It is a movie I’ve wanted to see my whole life, and I knew it would take two movies to earn it and to get there.. And that I did feel it was the right move to have another director do the second film. I think we needed a different visual aesthetic, we needed a different voice.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but this says to me that he saw JP and envisioned what his take on it would be. It's not about the franchise, and it may be why I feel like Fallen Kingdom is a "filler movie," but about what he wanted it to be.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Hey Trex vs Spino.

Universal has trouble telling their T. rexes apart. A few years back, I heard from a guy working to make a bobblehead Rexy for Universal that Universal wanted it to be green.

Oh my goodness XD
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 12:58 am

I think that the person who takes the torch in huge franchises like Star Wars or Jurassic should not only be a very hardcore fan but also someone who is very aware of what the fans want or at the very least have a deep understanding of what elements make the franchise as popular as it is.

The main argument to support this is Rian Johnson and The Last Jedi. They gave the 8th film in what is arguably the most beloved franchise in history he changed, altered with plot holes, and put and end to each and every one of the elements that made SW popular just because it is more fun to him to make a film that many fans hate (his words).

And what is the result of that? The Last Jedi is by far the most hated Star Wars film of all time and it's backlash is making the brand lose enormous amounts of money in other films, merchandise and they have lost both the old and new fans, along with both casual and hardcore fans.

If a young director wants to experiment, do it in a new franchise. So yeah, it is better to stick to someone who is a very hardcore fan.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:17 am

CT-1138 wrote:

I have the feeling that JW3 will feature also feathered dinosaurs. With all the various companies making dinosaurs, you can presume some will try to make more accurate-looking dinosaurs.
Colin Trevorrow said in a recent interview that JW3 will feature also new real dinosaurs, and I hope that with "real" he means also accurate dinosaurs, with feathers.
How could would it be to see Blue fighting a feathered raptor lol

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:13 am

owenpratt wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

I have the feeling that JW3 will feature also feathered dinosaurs. With all the various companies making dinosaurs, you can presume some will try to make more accurate-looking dinosaurs.
Colin Trevorrow said in a recent interview that JW3 will feature also new real dinosaurs, and I hope that with "real" he means also accurate dinosaurs, with feathers.
How could would it be to see Blue fighting a feathered raptor lol

I like dinosaur VS dinosaur fights but no more Blue fighting in a heroic way for me. Same goes for Rexy, let another T Rex shine. If they once again do the Rexy and Blue on the side of the good guys then they might as well rename the series Jurassic Avengers: The Adventures of Rexy and Blue.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I like dinosaur VS dinosaur fights but no more Blue fighting in a heroic way for me. Same goes for Rexy, let another T Rex shine. If they once again do the Rexy and Blue on the side of the good guys then they might as well rename the series Jurassic Avengers: The Adventures of Rexy and Blue.

Yeah, I mean something more like a random fight more than a heroic one. A bit like Carnotaurus vs Sinoceratops, and less like Blue saving the day heroically.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:23 am

I think that with the whole "open source" theme that is being explored, and Colin's commens about JW3 being more rooted in real dinoaurs and paleonthology, there is a high chance that they might introduce scientifically accurate, "real" (science is always changing) dinosaurs- I would love to see an accurate, feathered utahraptor hunting people like a ground eagle or even new dinosaurs like deinocheirus (imagine how cool that would be).
I just hope that if they go that route they won't confuse innaccuracy with accuracy and give us a Turkey- rex (or floofball rex). Keep that away please lol.

^I also agree on the random fight thing, I would like to see more natural predator/prey (or predator/predator) interactions in the franchise.

EDIT: also seeing an accurate spinosaurus attacking boats in a river would be dope Cool

Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:30 am

Dv-218 wrote:
I think that with the whole "open source" theme that is being explored, and Colin's commens about JW3 being more rooted in  real dinoaurs and paleonthology, there is a high chance that they might introduce scientifically accurate, "real" (science is always changing) dinosaurs- I would love to see an accurate, feathered utahraptor hunting people like a ground eagle or even new dinosaurs like deinocheirus (imagine how cool that would be).
I just hope that if they go that route they won't confuse innaccuracy with accuracy and give us a Turkey- rex. Keep that away please lol.

^I also agree on the random fight thing, I would like to see more natural predator/prey (or predator/predator) interactions in the franchise.

Yes, I think that more accurate dinosaurs would be both a wink to the people who always criticized JW for not representing accurate dinosaurs, and also an interesting way to make the film feel fresh and innovative.

About the fight scenes, I personally think the Carno vs Sino battle is one of the best dino fight scenes of the saga: it is not supposed to be just like a plot device to save our heroes (like Rex vs raptors or Rex vs Carno or Blue vs Indoraptor), and it actually looks and sounds incredible. You can feel the power of each impact and the camera angle from below really make them feel huge compared to Owen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?   How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How big of a fan of the franchise are the directors, writers and producers of Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next