Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: The Rewrite

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

Jurassic World: The Rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

When JPLegacy was still around, I started posting a rewritten version of Jurassic World. I unfortunately never finished it, but I think I'll still try to finish what I started here. Please enjoy and comment.

Jurassic World: The Rewrite Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVrbK7mVCD941UtUHJuEmzFBArMB62JPsYSsF7o3UVTRLHWUI5

Prologue: Hunted

Isla Nublar 2002

It was raining. Hamada hated the rain. Still, the job needed to be done. He and his men made his way through the tropical jungle, armed with tranquilizer guns, net guns, and tasers. Hamada spoke into his headset.

"How close is she?"

"Very close," came the voice of Simon Masrani. "And closing in. Be prepared."

Then from somewhere in the jungle there came a terrifying roar that was even louder than the thunder. It filled Hamada with both fear and wonder. Then the ground shook. The team began to panic.

"Where is she?" "Where is it coming from?" "It's everywhere!"

Hamada scanned the area around him as the ground and the trees continued to shake. Ripples appeared in pools of water that the rain was forming. Then it stopped. And Hamada saw why. There she is, he thought, staring in awe. Emerging from the trees was a full-grown fifty foot long Tyrannosaurus, the Queen of the island. Her body was covered in scars, each telling a story of her struggles to survive.

"My God." She was beautiful.

However, this moment of awe and wonder lasted only for a few mere seconds. There was a flash of lightning, then another frightening roar, then the attack. The Tyrannosaurus charged Hamada's group and several were dead even before they could react. They were trampled, knocked aside, thrown, or bit in half. Hamada was barely able to get clear of her assault. Chaos settled in. Many began to scream and run, trying to escape the Tyrannosaur's rampage. A few open fired with their tranquilizer guns, but their darts were mere annoyances to her. With a single flick of her tail, she smacked the men away. Hamada tried to remind his team of the Tyrannosaur's weak spot.

"The cheek! Aim for the cheek!"

But his team either didn't hear him or wanted to get as far away from the ten ton carnivore. Hamada decided that he had to do it himself and he aimed his tranquilizer gun at the Tyrannosaur's head.

FWIP!

Bullseye, Hamada thought as he watched the Rex go down, letting out a third awe inspiring roar.

"Did you get her?" came Masrani's voice.

"Yes, Mr. Masrani," Hamada answered. "I got her."

Hamada approached the Rex as her eyes began to close.

"Sleep," he told the animal. "Sleep. When you wake up, everything will be fine."

The Tyrannosaur's eyes then closed and she drifted off into a deep slumber...

-

The storm had stopped. A helicopter airlifted the captured sedated Tyrannosaurus into her new enclosure... her new home.

All around the island dinosaurs were rounded up and captured while new buildings were under construction.

From a forested hillside, a Dilophosaurus, a crested predator twenty-five feet long with a poisonous bite and spit, watched. Her home, which had gone undisturbed for a decade, would never be the same again. The Dilophosaurus turned to several others, her pack, which included several young juveniles. They traded some sad soft hoots with each other then vanished into the jungle foliage, to keep ahead of the humans. They would adapt to the change of their ecosystem and hopefully, they would survive.

-

A group of soldiers stepped over a sign with "East Dock" printed on it, as they made their way through the jungle. The soldiers were armed with tranquilizer guns and InGen's company logo was printed on their shirts. One of the soldiers, the lead one, touched a black sticky substance on one of the rocks with a gloved hand. He then bent down and looked at a three-toed footprint in the dirt. He spoke into his headset.

"Hey Hoskins. I believe we're closing in on the pack's location. I also-"

A lizard crawled across the dirt jungle floor. The bushes rustled and a juvenile Dilophosaurus darted out, grabbing the lizard and shaking it to death. As it swallowed the dead lizard, it saw the humans and hissed, slowly backing away, showing its frill as a warning. The soldiers aimed their tranquilizer guns.

"Hoskins, I have visual on a juvenile. Should I-"

The bushes shook once more and the soldier looked to his side and saw an adult Dilophosaurus, the same from earlier, emerge from the jungle frill extended. The man was quick, but the Dilophosaur's attack was quicker...

Suddenly, the soldier was blinded and a black substance covered his face. He couldn't see anything and he fell backwards, screaming in pain as the acid-like saliva burned his flesh. Dilophosaurs emerged from all sides of the team and they realized that they were trapped. They weren't hunting the pack, the pack had been hunting them.

-

Victor Hoskins hadn't heard from the team he had sent in a while. It wasn't the first. He and Hamada were currently overseeing a transfer of the island's Troodon pack to Isla Sorna, also known as Site B. Workers and soldiers armed with tranquilizer guns, net guns, and tasers ran about. From inside their crates, the deadly creatures hissed and clicked at the men. Troodon were intelligent nocturnal biped hunters of the night with a poisonous bite that caused hallucination and eventually paralysis. Troodon had a nasty habit of laying their eggs in their paralyzed victims, and when hatched the hatchlings would have their first meal and eat their way out. Troodon were much too dangerous for the new park they were building. Hoskins wanted them destroyed but the man named Simon Masrani insisted that they be transferred to another island instead.

"We lost contact with the team we sent," Hoskins explained to Hamada. "We'll have to send in a new one."

"No," Hamada told Hoskins. "Out there our men are at the disadvantage. The jungle is their home. They have lived there for a decade. They can be anywhere out there. It's too dangerous."

"Then what are we going to do about that Dilo pack?" Hoskins asked Hamada. "We still have a pack of raptors out there as well and a number of other dinosaurs."

"We could build a wall," Hamada offered. "Separate their world from ours. Concrete moats as well. My men can stand as guards. The area would be restricted from the visitors. It's also where most of the old park is. I'm sure that Mister Masrani would approve of leaving the area in peace."

"I'll run the idea by him," Hoskins agreed. "If he says yes, we'll then begin construction on your wall. If not, I'm sending every one of my men after those dilos and raptors."

Suddenly, there was a scream. A Troodon escaped and was attacking a guard. Hamada quickly aimed and fired his tranquilizer gun. The Troodon hissed and went down. Hamada helped the guard up. The guard was alive, but injured.

"You okay?" Hamada asked the guard

"I'm fine," the guard replied, wincing.

"Get yourself some medical attention immediately," Hamada told the man, sending the guard away. He turned to Hoskins.

"Get more men to guard these things," he told Hoskins, referring to the other crated Troodon. "We need tighter security. We don't want anymore accidents, do we?"

-

Years later...

A pair of eggs sat in an incubator in a laboratory. Soon, cracks began to form on one of the eggs. Whatever was inside was getting ready to hatch. A scaly, clawed hand emerged from the egg, twitching from feeling the cool temperature in the lab. Purring came from the second egg as the egg began cracking. The animal began whining, struggling to escape. The creature in the first egg removed a piece of shell and opened its eye. It looked at the white, trembling object in front of it and growled. A scientist in a white lab coat with a clipboard rushed forward. His name was Henry Wu. Several other scientists gathered.

"Get Claire," Wu told a scientist. "She will be wanting to see this."

The scientist nodded and left to get Claire Dearing, who was in charge of park management. She arrived a few minutes later. She gasped in horror. One of the creatures was eating the other. Several of the scientists turned away in disgust. But Wu merely smiled in delight.

"She's perfect..."

Last edited by The Malone Society on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Chapter One: Welcome

June 2015

A three-toed foot stomped to the ground. But it was merely a blackbird hopping around in Wisconsin. The blackbird flew off as Karen Mitchell loaded luggage into her car.

“Gray, come on!” she called out towards the house. “Time to go!”

No answer. She sighed and goes into the house. She found her youngest son, Gray, in his room looking at stills from dinosaur movies in a View Master. Gray was a dinosaur nut, as was apparent from the various posters, books, and toys that decorated the walls, shelves, and dressers of his bedroom. Karen takes the View Master and places it on Gray’s desk.

“Honey, come on. Your flight leaves in two hours.”

“Madison Municipal Airport is thirty-six minutes away and sixty with traffic,” Gray stated.

“How many minutes to get your little butt in the van?” Karen asked as she quickly packed Gray’s backpack. “Hmm? How many of those?”

Karen ruffled Gray's hair as the two headed out of the room.

“Feed the monster under your bed?” she joked.

“Yes,” Gray replied.

Gray ran out of the door and got into the car. His older brother Zach was already waiting, listening to music on his headphones. At the airport, Karen handed Gray their tickets.

"Hold onto these, okay?" Karen asked Gray, who nodded, smiling.

“I’m so jealous,” Karen teased. “You’re going to have so much fun. I love you.”

"I love you too," Gray said as he hugged his mother.

Karen turned to Zach, who had put away his headphones.

“Take care of your brother,” she told Zach. “And call me when you can. I’m serious.”

“Alright,” Zach replied, nodding.

“Oh, and remember,” Karen added teasingly. “When something chases you, run.”

Gray smiled nervously. The loudspeakers announced that Gray and Zach’s flight was now boarding.

“Okay, let's go,” Zach told Gray, leading his younger brother to the terminal.

“Bye, guys!” Karen shouted after her sons.

“Bye,” Gray and Zach called back.

“I miss you already!”

Karen smiled as she saw her two sons walk off, Gray turning one last time to wave at her. She hoped that this would be a good experience for both them and her sister.

“Did you call your sister?” Karen’s husband, Scott, asked.

“Didn’t answer,” Karen explained.

“They’ll be fine,” Scott reassured. “She handles twenty thousand people a day. She can handle two more.”

-

Isla Nublar

Claire hurried down a hallway, followed by her personal assistant and close friend for the past several years, Zara Young.

“Claire, you just got a call from Karen, your sister,” Zara said in a British accent.

“What did she want?” Claire asked, checking her watch. The Verizon representatives were coming today.

“Her sons Gray and Zach are coming to visit the park and she wants you to spend some time with them.”

Claire cursed. “Not today. Why did it have to be today?”

“I could meet your nephews at the docks and get them settled for you,” Zara offered. She liked kids.

“Thanks Zara,” Claire thanked, relieved. “I appreciate it. Tell them I’ll be able to see them later, at one o’clock, and that I got them VIP passes to all the attractions, so they don’t have to wait.”

Zara nodded, smiling. “I could do that.”

Claire smiled. “What would I do without you, Zara?”

-

La Sabana International Airport, Costa Rica

Zach and Gray’s plane landed on an airstrip outside of San Jose.

“How big is the island?” Gray asked Zach as the two brothers boarded a white ferry with “Isla Nublar” inscribed on the side in blue letters. A banner on the boarding dock depicted a Tyrannosaurus skull with the silhouette of a jungle in the background.

“Big,” Zach replied.

The ferry then headed across the ocean, packed full of passengers. Zach noticed a brown-haired girl below them on the ferry. She looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back.

Gray and Zach were heading for the world-renowned theme park, Jurassic World, which first opened to the public in 2005. The park was without any major incidents in its ten year history and had been declared one of the safest theme parks in the world.

After a few hours across open ocean, the island of Isla Nublar came in sight of the ferry. The ferry docked and the two brothers got off the ferry and headed with the large crowd down the dock.

“Welcome to Isla Nublar, home of Jurassic World.” a voice over an intercom said. “We hope you have a safe and enjoyable stay with us.”

Zach and Gray then noticed a raven-haired woman holding a sign with their names on it.

“Where’s Aunt Claire?” Gray asked Zach, who had no answer.

The brothers approached the woman, who gave them a friendly smile.

“Hello,” she greeted. “You two must be Gray and Zach Mitchell. Your aunt told me so much about you two.” That was a lie, but Zara didn’t show it. “I’m Zara Young, your aunt’s personal assistant. She sent me here to greet and help you guys set up before meeting you. Follow me.”

Gray and Zach shared a look, then followed Zara along with the crowd to a monorail which would take them to the resort. As the monorail headed down the track, Zach turned around and spoke to the girl from the boat, who was sitting behind him, while Zara read “God Creates Dinosaurs”, a book by the famous chaotician Ian Malcolm.

“Okay, those of you in the front of the train should be able to see our main gates, built with reclaimed wood from the original park over twenty years ago,” a voice announced.

Excited, Gray got up and ran through the crowded monorail to the front. A massive wooden gate was in front of the track. The doors were attached to two large concrete columns with flaming lights on the sides. Above, a sign read “Jurassic World”. The massive gates swung open, allowing the monorail to enter into the resort. The monorail then came to a stop in a station, allowing the passengers to get off. Gray ran through the monorail station. He was in absolute awe of what he saw. Zach walked at a slow pace behind him with Zara trying to catch up to Gray.

“Your aunt arranged for us to meet her at one o’clock,” Zara explained, trying to grab Gray’s attention. She turned to Zach. “Can he slow down?”

“Nope,” Zach muttered.

Gray was already on an escalator. He waved for them.

“Come on!”

After leaving the station, Zara walked them to a safari lodge which was the main source of visitor housing. Zara opened the door to their room. Gray ran inside, with Zach following behind.

“Your aunt’s got you VIP access so you can get on all the rides without waiting in line,” Zara tried to explain.

“Let’s go!" Gray shouted excitedly, pulling off his backpack.

“She said we had to wait,” Zach said, plopping himself on a bed.

“I don’t want to wait anymore!” Gray shouted back.

He ran to the balcony and threw open the doors and peered out at the surrounding resort. A massive lagoon was the centermost location of the resort, with a beach near the hotel. On the other side of the lagoon was Main Street which contained the shops, restaurants, the Innovation Center, and several attractions. Aside from the lodge, the Innovation Center was the tallest building in the park. A tall, conical building, it was mainly glass with wooden plates around it.

-

“Hal Osterly, vice president. Jim Drucker, bad hair. Erica Brand deserves better.” Claire was muttering to herself as she stood in an elevator. She was preparing for a presentation to the group of visiting Verizon representatives.

“Hal, Jim, Erica. Hal, Jim, Erica,” Claire repeated, making sure that she memorized the names of the Verizon representatives as she checked her watch. “And I am Claire. Three minutes late.” The elevator doors finally opened up. She gave a heavy sigh.

“Showtime.”

-

Claire took the Verizon representatives on a tour through the Hammond Creation Lab.

“Our DNA excavators are discovering new species every year,” Claire explained. “But consumers want them bigger, louder… more teeth. The good news, our advances in artificial revivification have opened up a whole new frontier. We’ve learned more from genetics in the past decade than a century of digging up bones. So, when you say you want to sponsor an attraction, what do you have in mind?”

“We want to be thrilled,” Osterly answered.

“Don’t we all,” Claire said with a smile. She turned around and switched on a console that displayed a hologram of a creature. “The Indominus Rex. Our first genetically modified hybrid. A new creature built entirely from scratch.”

“Wait, how did you get two different kinds of dinosaurs to, you know…” Drucker questioned as he gestured with his hands.

“Oh, Indominus wasn’t bred,” a voice came. “She was designed.” The group turned to see Henry Wu walking toward them.

“This is Dr. Henry Wu, our chief geneticist,” Claire introduced.

Wu nodded. “When fully grown the Indominus Rex will be more than fifty feet long, even bigger than the T-Rex.”

“Every time we’ve unveiled a new attraction, attendance has spiked,” Claire went on. "Global news coverage, celebrity visitors, eyes of the world.”

“When will she be ready?” Osterly asked.

Wu smiled. “Oh, she already is.”
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Chapter Two: Masrani

"Come on!" Gray called to Zach and Zara as the trio headed to the Innovation Center to meet Claire.

"Relax," Zach told his younger brother.

"Come on," Gray ushered as he ran ahead.

"Calm down," Zach said, but Gray paid little attention.

Gray opened the doors of the Innovation Center and the three walked in.

"Welcome to the Innovation Center," a voice on the intercom announced. "Where technology meets prehistory."

An enormous rotunda laid out in front of them. In the middle was a large lineup of life-sized holographic images of various dinosaurs. The very first one was of a ninety-foot long Apatosaurus. Several children were in a sandpit, brushing away dirt and sand, exposing dinosaur fossils. Nearby, a group of children were watching a video presentation that explained how the dinosaurs may have first became extinct. On the other side of the rotunda there was a large globe that had various holographic dinosaur images placed in many countries, showing where their fossils had been found. Gray ran up to a touch screen that asked visitors to identify the four nucleobases in DNA.

"Cytosine, guanine, adenine, and thymine," Gray answered quickly as he tapped all the correct answers. "The same four things in everything that ever lived."

"Hey, don't wander off, alright?" Zach told Gray. "Mom isn't paying me for babysitting."

"Gray, is that you?" a voice called out.

The two boys turned to see Claire coming down a staircase.

"Aunt Claire!" Gray yelled excitedly.

"Hi," Claire said happily as Gray ran up to her and embraced her in a hug.

"Oh, oh my gosh, you are, you are so sweet," Claire chuckled. It had been so long. She looked over Zach. "Woah, Zach, last time I saw you, you were like…" Claire motioned with her hand. "That must have been what, three, four years ago?"

"Seven years," Zach corrected. "But you know, close."

"So," Claire said as she attempted to get past the awkward introduction. "I see you already got your wristbands and this is for food." She handed the two boys an envelope that had their names written on it. "And Zara here is going to take great care of you until I'm done working, okay?"

"You mean you're not coming with us?" Gray asked in a disappointed tone.

"Oh," Claire said. "I really wish that I could but tomorrow I can take you into the control room. Show you behind the scenes and all of that. That's gonna be cool, right?"

"Okay," Gray mumbled.

"So have fun," Claire said with a smile. She then looked at Zara. "And take very good care of them, okay?"

Zara smiled and nodded. "Don't worry," she told Claire. "I'll treat them like they were my own."

A voice on the intercom messaged that Claire was wanted in the control room.

"Bye," Claire told the brothers as she hurried away.

Claire entered the control room and went over to fellow employees Vivian Krill and Lowery Cruthers.

"What's the live count?" Claire asked Vivian.

"Twenty-two thousand, two sixteen," Vivian answered.

"Any incidents?"

"Yeah, we have six kids in the lost and found and twenty-eight down with heat stroke... " Lowery explained.

"Where did you get that?" Claire interrupted in a concerned voice looking down at the t-shirt Lowery wore under his button up shirt. The t-shirt had a similar logo to Jurassic World's logo, but with a black and red color scheme. Instead of "Jurassic World", the logo said, "Jurassic Park".

"Oh this?" Lowery asked.

In 1993, an incident occurred on Isla Nublar with a theme park called Jurassic Park. Officially, three people were killed. Rumors in Costa Rica mentioned more deaths, but InGen had denied those rumors. The island was abandoned for nine years before Masrani Corporation began construction of Jurassic World in 2002.

"I got it on E-Bay," Lowery explained. "Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I got it for one hundred fifty bucks, but some people will ask up to a three hundred dollars for one."

"Didn't it occur to you that maybe that's in poor taste?" Claire asked.

"Sure," Lowery answered. "I understand that people died and that it was terrible. But that first park was amazing. I mean, I have a lot of respect for it. They didn't need these genetic hybrids, they just needed dinosaurs, real dinosaurs. And that's kind of enough..."

"Don't wear it again," Claire told him sternly.

"Yeah, wasn't going to," Lowery said turning away.

"Did you close the deal?" Vivian wanted to know. Claire nodded.

"Looks like it. Verizon Wireless presents: The Indominus Rex."

"Ugh, that is so terrible," Lowery groaned. "Why not just go the distance, Claire, and just let these corporations name the dinosaurs?" Claire ignored him.

On the front wall of the control room was a large map of Isla Nublar and its various sectors. One sector was lighted red.

"Why are the West Plains closed?" Claire asked.

"Another Pachycephalosaurus was found roaming outside its zone," Vivian explained. "But he's fully sedated by the verts and ready for relocation."

"Security said the invisible barriers were a no-fail, but that's the second time this month," Claire said in an annoyed tone.

"Well, the Pachycephalosaurs short out their implants when they butt heads," Vivian explained.

"How much longer until they get it out of there?" Claire asked.

"He just got fifty milligrams of Narcobarbital," Vivian answered.

"Yes, he's very blitzed right now," Lowery spoke up. "So why don't we show a little sympathy?"

Claire gave Lowery a look.

"I mean you do understand that these are actual animals, right?" Lowery asked.

"Clean up your workspace," Claire ordered, changing the subject. "It's… chaotic."

"I like to think of it as a living system," Lowery argued. "Just enough stability to keep it from collapsing into anarchy." He began adjusting a toy dinosaur among with several that he had at his workstation. Claire noticed the accident about to happen, so she nudged Lowery's trash can closer as he unwittingly knocked over his soda cup which fell into the trash can. Lowery swore under his breath and quickly picked the soda cup, placing it back on his work table.

"We have an inbound chopper, Jurassic 001," Vivian announced. "ETA five minutes."

Claire quickly left the control room and walked onto the helipad as a blue and silver helicopter descended. Mister Masrani had arrived.

"Claire," a man said with a friendly smile as she stepped into the helicopter. It was CEO of Masrani Corporation Simon Masrani.

"Mister Masrani," Claire said, shocked. "You're flying."

"I finally got my license," Masrani said proudly.

"Not yet," his flight instructor reminded

"Eh, two more days," Masrani shrugged.

"Okay," Claire mumbled nervously, reaching for a seat belt.

"So how is my park doing?" Masrani wanted to know.

"Great!" Claire said. "We are up two-and-a-half percent over last year."

"No, no, no, no," Masrani interrupted. "How is my park doing? Are the guests having fun? Are the animals enjoying life?"

"Well, guest satisfaction is steady," Claire explained. "But we don't have a way to measure the animals' emotional experience."

"Oh, sure you do," Masrani said. "You can see it in their eyes. Right?"

"Of course…" Claire answered, not sure how else to respond.

"Now show me my new dinosaur."

The helicopter wobbled as it became airborne. Claire gasped from the sudden lurch.

"Got it," Masrani said as he steadied the helicopter. "Got it… got it."

The helicopter flew across the lush mountains of Isla Nublar. Masrani chuckled as he looked back at Claire.

"You look tense, Claire," he teased.

"Maybe you should just focus on the controls," Claire suggested nervously.

"Remember that the key to a happy life is to accept that you are never actually in control," Masrani stated.

"Bird!" Claire suddenly cried out.

The helicopter soared over a flock of birds, narrowly avoiding colliding with them.

"You should spend a day at the beach, get some sun," Masrani told Claire.

"Uh, right," Claire said as she picked up a clipboard with papers. "So, marketing thought we could offset some of the costs by selling... "

"Ah, enough about cost," Masrani interrupted. "John Hammond entrusted me with his dying wish, and not once did he mention profits. Spare no expense."

"I appreciate that," Claire said. "But the reality of operating a theme park requires…"

"Don't forget why we built this place, Claire," Masrani interrupted once more. "Jurassic World exists to remind us how very small we are, how new. You cannot put a price on that. Now please, relax." Masrani put on a pair of sunglasses. "Breathe."

Masrani turned the helicopter around as it made a not-too-soft landing. Nearby was an enormous concrete wall that almost looked like a prison from the outside. There were several construction workers all over the site. Claire and Masrani climbed out of the helicopter. Claire saw Masrani's flight instructor run into the bushes. She heard him vomiting.

"Is he okay?" Claire asked, concerned.

Masrani laughed. "Oh, he's just being dramatic." He looked at the paddock. "Are you still building?"

"We planned to open in May," Claire began. "But asset containment insisted that we build the walls higher. It's bigger than we expected."

Masrani looked up at a construction worker welding steel girders together to reinforce the additions.

"That's a good sign," he decided.

Claire and Masrani entered an observation room.

"We hit a few speed bumps early on," Claire explained. "It began to anticipate where the food would come from. One of the food handlers nearly lost an arm. The others threatened to quit if we couldn't guarantee their safety."

"So, she's intelligent then?" Masrani asked.

"For a dinosaur," Claire nodded.

"And that?" Masrani asked. He pointed at a spiderweb crack in the glass window.

"It tried to break the glass," Claire answered.

"I like her spirit," Masrani said.

Masrani and Claire looked out into the thick jungle that was within the paddock. The foliage cracked and shook as something large moved among them. An enormous creature rose up, still obscured by the plants and trees. Masrani watched the Indominus Rex move through the paddock.

"Incredible," Masrani said in amazement.

"Think it'll scare the kids?" Claire asked with genuine concern.

"The kids? This'll give the parents nightmares."

"Is that… good?" Claire asked.

"It's fantastic," Masrani said in wonder.

The Indominus Rex watched the two. An eye blinked and she growled.

"Can she see us?" Masrani asked.

"They say it can sense thermal radiation, like snakes," Claire answered.

"I thought you said that there were two of them," Masrani pointed out.

"There was a sibling in case this one didn't survive infancy," Claire confirmed.

"Where is the sibling then?"

"She ate it."

Masrani looked at Claire, and she smiled. She hoped that this dinosaur was as ferocious as Masrani expected.

"Will it eat live animals?" he asked.

"No live animals," came a voice. "Not for her."

Masrani and Claire looked behind them. Katashi Hamada revealed himself from the far end of the observation deck. He had been listening in on their conversation.

"When I was a boy I had a snake," Hamada began. "Mamushi snake. Raised it on dead mice. One day my friends come to the house, they want a show. We buy a live mouse. Drop it in. Mamushi looks at it for the longest time. Mouse calmly walks around the cage. Thinks ... 'this is my new home'. Strike. Its little heart goes fast, then slow, then ... After that, Mamushi won't look at a dead mouse again. Only live food." Hamada drew closer to the glass, as if the others weren't even there. "Trust me. You don't want this animal to taste anything else that moves and bleeds."

Hamada then left. Claire was uneasy.

"So the paddock is quite safe, then?" Masrani asked.

"We have the best structural engineers in the world," Claire answered.

"Yes, but so did Hammond," Masrani pointed out. "There's an American Navy Man here, part of a research program my company is funding. Owen Grady."

"I know who he is," Claire acknowledged. But she didn't exactly want to meet him again.

"His animals have often tried to escape," Masrani explained. "They're smart. He has to be smarter."

"He only thinks he's smarter," Claire muttered under her breath.

"I want you to bring him in," Masrani went on, ignoring her comment. "Let him inspect the paddock. Maybe he will see something that we can't."

"We can do it while the vets tranquilize her and do their weekly check-up," Claire agreed.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Chapter Three: Owen

Sunlight pierced through the quiet jungles of Isla Nublar. Suddenly a young pig burst through the plants, squealing in fear. The young pig was being chased by a bipedal creature with a unique sickle-shaped claw on the middle digit. The pig ran out of the jungle into a clearing in the paddock.

"Hold!"

The Velociraptor (Blue) suddenly stopped in her tracks. The Velociraptor's three sisters (Charlie, Delta, and Echo) joined her. The pack looked up at a man standing on a catwalk above them. The young pig escaped into an opening and a small door quickly fell down behind it.

"Okay," said a man named Owen Grady. "Eyes on me."

Delta, Echo, and Charlie immediately looked up at Owen. Blue, however, had her attention elsewhere.

"Blue!"

Blue looked up at Owen.

"Watch it."

Charlie growled at Owen.

"Charlie, hey..."

Charlie snarled and snapped at Owen.

"Don't give me that shit."

Delta had begun to fidget uneasily.

"Delta, lock it up."

Owen now had all the pack's attention on him.

"Good. And… we're moving."

Owen moved down the catwalk. The Velociraptors followed.

"Hold!" The four Velociraptors looked up in unison and in the same formation.

"Okay, that's good," Owen commented. He smiled, impressed. "That is damn good."

Owen pulled out several chunks of meat from a plastic bucket.

"Charlie, that's what you get," Owen said, tossing a piece of meat to her. Charlie snapped it up at once.

"Echo, here you go." Owen tossed a piece to her.

"Delta." Owen tossed a chunk of meat.

"Blue." Owen pulled out a dead rat. "This one is for you." He tossed the rat to Blue and she immediately snatched it up.

"Hold!" All four Velociraptors looked up at him.

"Eyes up!" Owen said, motioning with his hand.

The Velociraptors rose up.

"Go," Owen said, again, motioning with his hand.

The Velociraptors dispersed. Several rangers cheered and went over to congratulate Owen. Owen's partner and friend, Barry, also walked up to him and embraced him.

"You finally did it man," Barry said cheerfully.

"Owen!" a voice called out.

Owen turned and saw Victor Hoskins walking toward him. Hoskins was well known among InGen and Masrani Corp for his work in cleaning up Isla Nublar and in cleaning up a group of escaped Pteranodons in southern California.

"I was starting to think I hired the wrong guys, but damn, you got them eating out of your palm."

"You came on a good day," Owen explained. "It's not usually a happy ending."

"Is that why you are not sending in your reports?" Hoskins asked.

"We've been busy," Barry replied.

"Not too busy to cash your paycheck," Hoskins joked.

"What do you need, buddy?" Owen asked his friend.

"A field test," Hoskins answered confidently.

"...with these animals?" Owen wanted to know.

"Yes," Hoskins confirmed. "I just saw that they respond to commands. You need to take this research and get it on tape."

Owen began to walk away. He did not have time for this. "For what purpose?" he asked Hoskins. "You think they could be used as war weapons or something?"

"Sounds senseless to you?" Hoskins answered. "It would be a great chance."

"Chance for what?" Owen argued. "They're wild animals. Trust me, you don't want them out on the field."

"I just saw a bond," Hoskins pointed out. "A real bond between man and beast."

"Yes, a bond," Owen admitted. "That doesn't mean they can be used as weapons in the field. They're too dangerous."

"Come on, we're the same," Hoskins explained. "We're dogs of war. How can you not understand the possibilities of this idea? We know that the military needs to reduce casualties. We could save many lives!"

"I don't think so," Owen told Hoskins.

"Look, nature gave us the most effective killing machines seventy-five million years ago," Hoskins explained. "And now we know they can take orders."

Barry, leading a visiting Hamada, walked up to the two.

"Finally make progress, and that's the first thing he says?" he asked. "Make a weapon?"

"Shit," Hoskins muttered. "Oh, come on, gents. It's grown-up time. We can be putting men in harm's way by making them search tunnels or caves. The minute a real war breaks out, all that fancy technology is going to be destroyed or unusable."

"Yeah, but that technology isn't going to eat them if you forget to feed it," Owen argued.

"Look," Hoskins gestured at the Velociraptors. "Look at these creatures. They got millions of years of instinct in their cells. Instinct that we can program. Their loyalty cannot be bought. These guys are gonna run straight into the enemy's teeth and eat 'em belt buckle and all. Your project is getting better day by day, and if they can trust you, they are loyal to you, and they'll follow whatever you order them to do. Like wolves, you know, they've been used many times in war. Why not these beasts?"

"What if they decide they want to be in control?" Barry asked.

"Well then we remind them who is," Hoskins responded. "We terminate the rogues. Promote only loyal bloodlines. Nature kinda works like that."

Barry shook his head and walked away.

"The ACU is already kept on our toes with just theme park attractions and now you want to make them weapons as well?" Hamada asked, overhearing the conversation. "A field test is not going to happen. Not while I'm around."

"You come here and you don't learn anything about these animals except what you wanna know," Owen backed up. "You made them, and now you think you own them."

"We do own them," Hoskins snapped. "Extinct animals have no rights. We made them, we own them. They wouldn't be here if it weren't for us!"

"You know, you sound like Peter Ludlow right now, he thought the same thing about these animals," Owen told Hoskins.

"Ludlow didn't know jack shit," Hoskins snapped. "Couldn't even get a Rex to the mainland without becoming dinner. But where he failed, we have succeeded. Ten years, Owen. We got the park! We got the tourists! But we would be insane to turn a blind eye to what else we have. We're sitting on a gold mine and Masrani is using it to stock a petting zoo. That's the laughable thing."

"He just wants to teach people some humility," Owen argued. "He doesn't make weapons."

Hoskins laughed. "You think that the eighth richest man in the world is only into oil, telecommunications, and family fun parks? He's so diversified, he doesn't even know what he owns."

"I read his autobiography you know," Owen explained. "Masrani was Jurassic Park's biggest fan. Got Hammond's blessing and everything. Funny, I never really thought Hammond would have approved of turning the dinosaurs into weapons. These animals are not just something you crank out of a factory."

"Just let me run a field test, Owen," Hoskins pleaded. "Believe me, this is what it's all been leading up to."

"How long has InGen been practicing this pitch?" Owen asked.

"Since the day we hired you out of the Navy," Hoskins answered. "You knew the endgame. These animals will replace thousands of troops on the ground. All these years just to expose those things just to expose those things behind a glass for people's enjoyment? What about saving lives instead?"

"You say saving lives but the real meaning is promoting war," Owen objected in disgust.

"Look around, Owen. Every living thing in this jungle is trying to murder the other. Mother Nature's way of testing her creations. Refining the pecking order. War is part of nature."

"I've been a Marine long enough to know that war is hell," Owen explained. "You take these animals, straight from the Jurassic Period, plunk them into a battlefield? How do you think they'll last? They're animals Hoskins. Living, breathing, animals. I'm not going to accept your offer.

"It doesn't matter," Hoskins told Owen. "This is going to happen."

"You can't force things to act against their nature," Owen warned. "I don't know how to convince you. Life… uh… finds a way."

Suddenly there was a clattering sound and squealing.

"Pig loose! There's a pig loose!"

A young handler named Leon rushed onto the catwalk to capture the pig with a catchpole. He lowered the catchpole into the paddock, right in the path of the pig. The pig ran into the noose, but just as Leon tried to lift out the pig, Echo snatched the pig and took off. The attack caused Leon to be pulled off the catwalk and into the paddock. The scene quickly caught the attention of the other Velociraptors. The Velociraptors snarled at the intruder. Leon, terrified, started backing away from the Velociraptors. Owen rushed to a switch to open the door to the paddock.

"Owen, no!" Barry screamed.

Owen didn't listen. He crawled under the door as it was opening. He knew that he could not waste a single second. Several rangers rushed onto the catwalk and raised their weapons, aiming them at the Velociraptors.

"Oh no, hold your fire!" Owen said, raising his hand.

Owen put himself between Leon and the Velociraptors. He threw his hands out in front of him.

"Hold your fire," Owen ordered. "I repeat, do not fire."

Barry, Hamada, and Hoskins ran to shut the door to the paddock.

"Put twelve amps into them and they're never gonna trust me again," Owen told the rangers.

Hamada snapped commands at his men, who reluctantly lowered their weapons. The Velociraptors snarled at Owen. Barry, Hamada, and Hoskins pulled Leon to safety.

"Blue, stand down," Owen told the Velociraptor. "Stand down."

Blue snarled and snapped at him.

"Hey, hey!" Owen shouted. "What did I just say?"

Delta screeched at Owen.

"Delta, I see you," Owen said, looking at her. "Back up."

Delta snarled at him in response.

"Okay," Owen told the raptors. "Good, good."

He saw Charlie starting to creep closer to him.

"Charlie, stay right there," he warned.

Charlie stopped.

"Good."

Barry, Hamada, Hoskins, and the other rangers watched in amazement.

"My God," Hamada murmured.

"Close the gate," Owen ordered, never losing eye contact with the raptors.

"Are you crazy?" Barry asked.

"Hey, just trust me," Owen reassured.

"Close the gate!" Leon desperately pleaded.

Barry swore under his breath. Hoskins pressed the switch. Owen backed up towards the gate as it began to close. At the last moment, Owen turned and rolled under the gate as it closed, shutting behind him. The Velociraptors charged, but slammed into the gate. They shook their heads and growled in pain before walking away in defeat. Owen was helped to his feet by Barry and Hamada. Owen looked down at Leon.

"You're the new guy right?" Owen asked.

"Yeah," Leon confirmed.

"You ever wonder why there was a job opening?" Owen asked.

Leon didn't answer.

"Don't ever turn your back to the cage," Owen warned.

Leon looked behind him and saw Echo snarling at him. He quickly leaped up to his feet and backed away. Owen looked for Hoskins and saw him walking away with a smug look on his face.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Chapter Four: Control

Several kids were running around the petting zoo, riding or interacting with young dinosaurs.

"Lift me up, I can't see," Gray said excitedly as he jumped behind the crowd of parents and families watching their children.

"I'm not your dad and you're not five," Zach shot back grumpily.

"I can still ride the young Triceratops," Gray argued. "I'm forty-seven and a half inches."

"This place is for little kids," Zach grumbled, moving away.

Gray watched Zach go and he turned to Zara. "Zara, can I ride the Triceratops?"

"Sure," Zara replied.

Zach went over to a payphone and called up his mother.

"Hey mom."

"You were supposed to call me when you landed," came Karen's voice. "You having fun?"

"Yeah," Zach replied. "I guess. Aunt Claire gave us passes so we don't have to wait in line."

"Wait, she's not with you?" Karen asked in a distressed voice.

-

Claire drove her car down the road. Her cell phone began to ring. She knew the number. She picked up the phone.

"Hey Karen."

"Hi Claire, how's it going?" Karen's voice asked.

"Yeah, everything's great," Claire answered. "The boys are having fun, everyone's good."

"Really?" Karen questioned. "Because I just hung up with Zach and he said that you weren't even with them."

Claire let out a sigh. She had been caught. "Yeah, look. Today turned out to be a really bad day for me. They're in great hands. They're with my assistant Zara and she's lots of fun. They'll be fine."

Claire heard Karen tearing up.

"Wait, are you crying?" she asked.

"You haven't seen the boys in forever, and, and I know how Zach will treat Gray if they're by themselves and he can just be so mean," Karen told Claire. "I wanted this to be a time of bonding for you and the boys."

"Okay, I'm sorry," Claire told her sister. "Tomorrow I'll spend the entire day with them, I'm going to take off work, and I will not leave their sight, I promise."

"Well, a promise tomorrow is worth a lot less than trying today," Claire heard Karen say.

"Eugh, are you using Mom's lines now?" she teased.

"Oh my God, I am using Mom's lines," Karen realized. She laughed slightly. "I'm sorry, but you know I have to tell you they work. You'll see when you have kids."

"Yeah, 'if'..." Claire trailed.

"When..." Karen insisted. "It's worth it."

"Bye mom..." Claire said sarcastically.

"Bye," Karen said quietly before ending the call.

Claire sighed.

-

The next attraction Gray, Zach, and Zara visited was the Mosasaurus Lagoon, the most recent addition to the park.

"The Mosasaurus was thought to have hunted near the surface of the water where it preyed on anything it could sink its teeth into, including: turtles, large fish, even smaller Mosasaurs," an announcer informed.

A pulley system sent a great white shark down a wire.

"Okay folks. Let's she if she's still hungry after already eating today. She's a little shy, so be nice and give her a hand when she comes up."

"Zach," Gray whispered, trying to get his brother's attention.

Zach was busy listening to music.

"Zach, Zach." Gray was getting more excited. "It's the Mosasaurus."

Suddenly, the Mosasaurus leaped out of the water, snapping its jaws shut around the great white shark. Zach was stunned, and Gray's mouth was open in silent awe. The Mosasaur tore the great white off the wire and fell back into the lagoon with a large splash that drenched many of the tourists within range, including Gray, Zach, and Zara. The crowd cheered and applauded. Suddenly the seating area of the stadium began to lower.

"Okay, hold on tight," the announcer explained. "We're gonna give you an even closer look at our Mosasaurus."

The seating area descended to a large heavy-duty glass window under the lagoon. The visitors watched as the Mosasaur finished eating the remains of the great white. Zach smiled. Jurassic World was much more fun than he had expected.

"The Mosasaurus and the water has always terrified me," Zara told the boys as the trio left the Mosasaurus exhibit. "Do you two want to see something else cool?"

"Yeah!" Gray answered eagerly. After all, Jurassic World had a lot to offer…

-

Claire approached a trailer and shack near a small lake. Owen was busy working on his motorcycle. He looked up and saw Claire step out of her car and walk toward him. He let out a groan.

"What do they want now?" Owen asked himself.

"Mr. Grady," Claire said as she approached. "I need you to come take a look at something."

"Why are you calling me Mr. Grady?" Owen asked.

"Owen," Claire corrected. "If you're not too busy."

"I'm pretty busy," Owen said as he drank a bottle of Coca-Cola.

"We have an attraction," Claire told him.

"That's not what you said the last time I saw you," Owen said as he stood up.

"I'm talking about the dinosaurs, Mr. Grady," Claire said. She had no time for this.

"Owen," he repeated.

"A new species we've made from scratch," Claire went on.

"You just went and made a new dinosaur?" Owen asked. "What about the dozens of different species on Sorna? You couldn't grab one of them and bring them here?"

"It was suggested importing the Spinosaurus, but Mr. Masrani wasn't thrilled with that idea for some reason," Claire explained.

Off in the distance, a Brachiosaurus bellowed

"The new exhibit opens in May and Mr. Masrani wanted me to consult with you."

"You wanna consult here or in my bungalow?" Owen joked.

"That's not funny," Claire said with a glare.

"Little funny," Owen chuckled.

"We'd like you to check the paddock for vulnerabilities," Claire explained.

"Why me?

"I guess Mr. Masrani figures since you're able to control the Velociraptors..." Claire explained.

"See, it's all about control with you," Owen complained. "I don't control the Velociraptors. It's a relationship based on mutual respect. That is why you and I never had a second date."

"Excuse me," Claire said, annoyed. "I never wanted a second date."

"Who types out an itinerary for a night out?" Owen asked.

"I'm an organized person," Claire defended.

"What kind of a diet doesn't allow tequila?" Owen asked.

"All of them, actually," Claire answered. "And what kind of a man shows up to a date in swimming shorts?"

"It's Central America, it's hot," Owen answered.

"Okay, okay," Claire continued. "Can we please just focus on the asset."

"The asset?" Owen asked. "Look, I get it. You're in charge out here, you gotta make a lot of tough decisions, it's probably easier to just think of these animals as numbers on a piece of paper. But they're not, they're alive."

"I'm fully aware they're alive," Claire told Owen.

"You might've made them in a test tube, but they don't know that," Owen explained. "They're thinking, 'I gotta eat', 'I gotta hunt', 'I gotta...'"

Owen gestured with his arm. Claire rolled her eyes.

"You can relate to at least one of those things, right?" Owen asked.

"I'll be in the car," Claire told him. "You might want to change your shirt. They're very sensitive to smell."

-

Gray, Zach, and Zara went down Main Street, looking for something to do.

"Want to go on the spinning dinosaur eggs?" Gray asked his brother.

"No," Zach responded.

It was then when a voice on the intercom announced the next Tyrannosaurus feeding.

"T-Rex, T-Rex, T-Rex!" Gray screamed joyfully. "Come on! Come on!"

"Okay," Zara surrendered as she motioned Gray to calm down.

"Come on!" Gray ushered.

Zara and the two brothers followed a crowd of people heading toward T-Rex Kingdom. The attraction was a large paddock designed to look like a sequoia forest. Nearby a large heavy-duty glass window, a goat was chained up. An announcer stood on a tower.

"Our Tyrannosaurus Rex is one of our oldest attractions," the announcer was explaining. "She was the first dinosaur successfully cloned in 1986 and she has been living on this island for nearly thirty years."

The announcer threw a flare that landed next to the goat. The ground began to shake. From the forest came a growl. Gray pushed ahead of the crowd to get a good view. The crowd cheered wildly as the aged Tyrannosaurus emerged from the forest. The Tyrannosaurus then proceeded to violently kill and eat the goat , causing several kids to exclaim their disgust. Gray smiled.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Chapter Five: The Beginning of the End

Claire and Owen walked into the observation area of the Indominus Paddock. Owen walked towards the window and looked out into the paddock, to get a look at the dinosaur before the vet team tranquilized it and he could take a look around the enclosure.

"So what's this thing made of?" he asked.

"The Indominus' appearance was taken from the DNA of dinosaurs such as Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Therizinosaurus," Claire explained. "The horns were hybridized from genetic material from Carnotaurus, Rugops, and Giganotosaurus, while the base-genome is a Tyrannosaurus. The rest, however, is classified. Can we drop a steer, please?"

Nick, the paddock supervisor, turned to the controls.

"How long has the animal been in here?" Owen asked.

"All its life," Claire answered.

"Never seen anything outside of these walls?" Owen asked.

"We can't exactly walk it," Claire snarked.

"And you feed her with that?" Owen pointed to a crane lowering a cow's carcass into the jungle.

"Is there a problem?" Claire wanted to know.

"Animals raised in isolation aren't always the most functional," Owen explained.

"Your raptors were born in captivity," Claire said.

"With siblings," Owen corrected. "They learn social skills. And I imprint on them when they're born. There's trust. The only positive relationship this animal has is with that crane. At least she knows it means food."

"So uh, she needs a friend?" Claire suggested. "We should schedule playdates, that sort of thing?"

"Probably not a good idea," Owen said grimly.

Claire tapped on the glass. She found it strange the Indominus hadn't gone to feed.

"Where is it?" she said to herself.

"Well, is she in the basement?" Owen asked dryly. "Or down stairs… Maybe she's in the recreation room."

Claire walked over to a control panel and pressed a switch. Lights flashed red, which indicated that no thermal signatures were being detected. Owen walked over to the other end of the hallway, spotting something.

"Oh, shit..." he said to himself.

"It doesn't make any sense," Nick said as he went through the various camera monitors and telescreens on the wall. "These doors haven't been opened in weeks."

"Were those claw marks always there?" Owen pointed out.

Claire walked over to Owen.

"You think it… Oh God," Claire realized. "She has an implant in her back. I can track it from the control room."

Claire rushed to a phone hanging on the wall.

"And call Hamada!" Owen told Claire before he turned and looked at the claw marks on the wall once more.

-

In the control room, Lowery and Vivian were chatting.

"Even though I didn't meet him until I was thirteen, I definitely consider Carl to be like, more of a dad than my real dad," Lowery was explaining.

"Yeah, yeah," Vivian nodded as she listened.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Lowery immediately picked it up.

"Yeah, hello?" he said

"Lowery, get me coordinates on the Indominus," Claire's voice ordered. "It's urgent!"

Lowery went over to his workstation and sent in the ID tag of the Indominus into the radar system.

"Wait, what the hell?" Lowery said as he got back the radar signal. "It's in the cage."

"No, that's impossible," Claire told Lowery. "I was just there."

"Claire, I'm telling you she's in the cage!" Lowery argued.

Then the signal went dead.

"I lost the signal," Lowery reported.

"What?!" Claire snapped, enraged.

-

The employee door slid open. Owen Grady, Nick, Hamada, a worker named Ellis, and the vet team entered the Indominus enclosure, armed with tranquilizer guns. The surrounding foliage was silent. Perhaps too silent. The group went over to the nearby wall. Owen felt the claw marks.

"That wall is forty feet high," Hamada observed. "Do you think she could've climbed out?"

"That depends," Owen answered.

"On what?" Nick asked.

"What kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab," Owen answered after a second of silence.

Ellis saw something gleaming in the bushes. He kneeled down and found a bloody chunk of flesh partially hidden in the bushes. "My God..."

Ellis called to Owen and Hamada, who rushed over. Hamada picked up the flesh chunk and looked it over. Attached to the underside was a small metal device. Hamada pulled out his radio.

"We found something," he told Claire.

"What is it?" she wanted to know.

"The tracking implant," Hamada told her. "She clawed it out."

"How would it know to do that?" came Claire's voice.

"She remembered where they put it in…" Hamada answered, pausing. Something wasn't right.

"We have to get out of here," he told Owen. "She's watching us."

"That's impossible," Nick denied. "We didn't get any thermal readings. She must have escaped."

The four then heard a scream and they whirled around to see the Indominus attacking the vet team, tearing them apart with her teeth and claws. A few of them opened fire, but the attack was so sudden and so fast that they didn't stand a chance.

"Go!" Owen screamed.

Owen sprinted toward the employee door. The others followed, with Nick lagging behind. Then the Indominus spotted them. Her tail sent Ellis and Hamada flying as she burst after Owen. Nick wheeled around and fled toward the gate.

With the Indominus snapping at his heels, Owen quickly pressed the button that opened the employee door and leaped inside. The door slammed shut behind him and he gasped for breath.

-

Hamada and Ellis got up, stunned. Hamada saw Nick working the gate controls.

"No!" he screamed.

Then he heard a loud thud and turned to see the Indominus before them, snarling. Hamada and Ellis ran toward Nick. Hamada heard Ellis scream horribly before being suddenly cut, but he didn't look back. He kept running. He could hear the loud thuds getting closer as the Indominus gained distance. Up ahead, Nick forced the control box open and pulled down on a lever. As the gates started to slide open, Nick ran between the opening. The gates suddenly paused and began to close.

"Shit," Hamada swore.

He ran faster than he ever did before. He could feel the Indominus breathing down his neck. Hamada ran through the narrow opening and the Indominus tried to squeeze through. The gate closed on the dinosaur but she was able to pull herself through. However, this gave Hamada enough time to run past several fleeing construction workers and dive beneath a crane. Hamada listened to the loud thuds as the creature explore her new environment. He heard whimpering and he spotted Nick cowering in front of a pickup truck. Suddenly, the truck was thrown into the air by the Indominus. Hamada watched as the truck fell to the ground, upside down. Hamada looked through the shattered windows of the truck and saw the whimpering Nick sharing him a look. Then the Indominus clamped onto Nick with her jaws and lifted him off the ground. Hamada quickly unsheathed a knife and cut the fuel line to the crane. He began to spread the gasoline all over himself in an attempt to try to hide his scent. Hamada then heard the loud thuds getting closer and he laid completely still. The Indominus got down on her forearms and went to the side of the crane. She caught the smell of gasoline and not Hamada. Then Hamada heard shouts and gunshots. The Indominus roared and retreated into the jungle. Hamada sighed a breath of relief and laid his head back on the ground. That was too close.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Chapter Six: Asset Out of Containment

Blue snarled as she was put into restraining gear which Owen and Barry used to perform routine checkups and hygiene. Blue did not like being in them. Barry was petting her, trying to calm her down.

"How fast can they run?" Hoskins asked as he walked over.

"Forty," Barry answered. "Fifty when they are hungry. Cheetah speed."

Hoskins whistled. He was impressed. Blue was starting to become agitated by Hoskins' presence. The restraint gear rattled from Blue's movement. Hoskins was startled at first, but then laughed. Barry laughed as well.

"What do you think?" Barry asked. "Want to take one home?"

"Hey, don't joke," Hoskins told Barry. "You know, a while back I rescued this wolf pup. It was two months old. It could barely walk. Used to sleep by my bed and watch over me. My wife, she came at me with a steak knife. It took a chunk out of her arm."

"You put him down?" Barry asked.

"I just couldn't put myself up to it," Hoskins explained. "We had this unshakable bond. Just like Owen and um… what's her name?"

"Blue," Barry answered.

"Can I touch her?" Hoskins asked.

"Be my guest," Barry responded, taking a step back.

Hoskins slowly put his hand to Blue. When Hoskins touched her, she began to fidget and snarl. Eventually though she began to calm her down.

"Oh, wow…" Hoskins exhaled. He was genuinely amazed.

A telephone on the wall of the paddock began ringing. Barry went over to answer it. Afterwards, Barry hung up the phone.

"Code nineteen!" Barry screamed.

"What's a code nineteen?" Hoskins asked.

"Asset out of containment," Barry mumbled. "These people, they never learn."

Barry left to prepare to lock down the Velociraptor paddock. Hoskins walked over to the telephone Barry had just used. He rung up a number.

"Hey, yeah, it's me," Hoskins whispered.

-

The elevator doors to the control room opened and Claire stepped out. Everyone in the room turned and looked at her, waiting for her instructions.

"Everyone remain calm," Claire said slowly.

Claire walked over to Lowery and Vivian.

"Where is she?" Claire asked.

"She's moving really fast and we're having troubles tracking her," Lowery explained. "It could be a while before we have her."

"Let asset containment capture it quietly when we do," Masrani said as he came over. "The very existence of this park is predicated on our ability to handle incidents like this. It was an eventuality, okay?"

"Maybe you should put that in the brochure," Lowery snarked. "Eventually, one of these things will eat somebody."

"ACU can handle this," Claire told him. "No one else is going to get-"

"Eaten?" Lowery finished.

The elevator doors slid open and Owen Grady entered the control room.

"What the hell happened out there?" Owen asked Claire, anger in his voice. "You had infrared cameras all over that paddock. She did not just disappear."

"It must have been some kind of, uh, technical malfunction," Claire answered swiftly.

"Were you not watching?" Owen asked. "She marked up that wall as a distraction. She wanted us to think she escaped."

"Hold on, we are talking about an animal here," Claire stopped.

"A highly intelligent animal," Owen put out bluntly. "We have to evacuate the island."

"We'd never reopen," Claire argued.

"You made a hybrid, raised it in captivity," he began. "She is seeing all of this for the first time. She does not even know what she is. She will kill everything that moves."

"You think that the animal is contemplating its own existence?" Masrani asked.

"She is learning where she fits in the food chain, and I'm not sure you want her to figure that out," Owen explained. "Now, asset containment can use live ammunition in an emergency situation. You have an M2 in your armory. Put it on a chopper and smoke this thing!"

"We have families here," Claire said in a stern voice. "We're not going to turn this place into some kind of a war zone."

"You already have," Owen snapped.

"Mr. Grady, if you are not going to help, then there is no reason for you to be in here," Claire said calmly.

Furious, Owen stormed off.

"I would have a word with your people in the lab," Owen told Masrani as he passed him. "That thing out there is no dinosaur."

-

Night had fallen over Isla Nublar.

From the balcony of his hotel room, Gray Mitchell gazed over Main Street, depressed. His brother Zach was off at some nightclub, probably talking with some girl, and his aunt wasn't able to show up like she had promised. As he sighed Zara was in the hotel room arguing with Claire over the phone. Finally, Zara put down the phone and went over to Gray in an attempt to cheer him up.

"You okay, Gray?" she asked in a sincerely concerned voice.

Gray didn't answer.

"Your aunt wishes she could be with you, but she says a crisis requires her," Zara explained.

Once again, Gray didn't answer.

Zara sighed, then got an idea. "Want to order a pizza or rent a movie?" she suggested.

"Sure," Gray finally said, following Zara into the hotel room.

"Don't worry," Zara comforted. "Tomorrow we're going to have lots of fun. I promise."

(And that's all I had posted on JPLegacy before the site got taken down. I'll try to get around to writing new stuff now that I've shared what I already had written.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: The Rewrite   Jurassic World: The Rewrite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: The Rewrite
Page 1 of 1