Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!

Go down 
+5
Tyrant Lizard
Spinosaur4.4
Amadieus
Oviraptor
Sickle_Claw
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 12:41 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-interview-frank-marshall-pat-crowley/

https://roosterteeth.com/post/51717921

These are VERY spoilery, but they answer a LOT of your guys questions. Oh and confirms Malcolm Bookends the movie.

Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 pm

How can Lockwood not be a villian? He auctioning off the dinosaurs, and has an InGen base/lab under his house.
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
How can Lockwood not be a villian? He auctioning off the dinosaurs, and has an InGen base/lab under his house.

Because he probably will be betrayed by Eli Mills and his men as well, just like what will happen to Owen and Claire
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Sad no info about Wu.

But I expect they would make Lockwood not a villain and just Hammond 2.0. Not so original and I wish they made him a villain, but okay.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 pm

I'm glad Lockwood isn't just a straight up villain. Most people are different shades of grey, so it might add a bit more realism to the whole thing.

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 am

We don't really know enough about him to say for sure if he's Hammond 2.0, after all he was his business partner ad eventually they parted ways. I just hope we actually get that kind of information on what their friendship was like

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 am

https://twitter.com/EricVespe/status/988797065114173441

And here's one with Bayona!!! The guy said interviews with bryce tomorrow, then pratt, then daniella and justice on friday!1

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 1:41 am

http://www.slashfilm.com/bryce-dallas-howard-interview-fallen-kingdom/

Set visit interview with Bryce!

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 3:23 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
We don't really know enough about him to say for sure if he's Hammond 2.0, after all he was his business partner ad eventually they parted ways. I just hope we actually get that kind of information on what their friendship was like

I'm 99% sure he is. Not that I care, I wanna know his past with Hammond.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 4:36 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/chris-pratt-interview-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

Set visit with pratt and more confirmation Blue is his dog now.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just read the article, there's nothing of the sort.

As for me, these on-set interviews are a great read and I really enjoy getting a peek into the the behind-the-scenes goings on and what the actors have to say about their work.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm very interested to see Claire "riding a drugged T.rex" xD

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm

No new revelant info IMO. Hope we get more spoilery interviews.

"How cool is X? What's been like to work with X?"

Ah damn.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I skimmed the interviews and couldn't find the part you're referring to. Which part did he say that?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:27 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I skimmed the interviews and couldn't find the part you're referring to. Which part did he say that?

Think the part where he said a bit more to his relationship with Blue...also there's a part in the trailers where he looks sad as he's touching Blue's head in front of the mansion. Anyway I think what got me upset was the part about Owen jumping through the jaws of the rex without consequence.

Daniella and Justice interviews tomorrow. I think we're all waiting for the Daniella interview.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Think the part where he said a bit more to his relationship with Blue...also there's a part in the trailers where he looks sad as he's touching Blue's head in front of the mansion. Anyway I think what got me upset was the part about Owen jumping through the jaws of the rex without consequence.

Daniella and Justice interviews tomorrow. I think we're all waiting for the Daniella interview.
why would there need to be a consequence? When Indiana escapes the giant boulder in raiders of the lost ark, no one asks why there wasn't any consequence.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

why would there need to be a consequence? When Indiana escapes the giant boulder in raiders of the lost ark, no one asks why there wasn't any consequence.

The thing about Indiana Jones is that it's historical fantasy where fictional artifacts exist outside of myth and legend. Jurassic Park is (or rather WAS) science fiction grounded in semi-reality. In a movie franchise where suspension of disbelief is a necessity, somehow the protagonist jumping through the mouth of a T. rex and not being bitten in half is hard to swallow. Dinosaurs were a force of nature in the first 3 movies. Maybe a tad less so in the third, but still more so than in JW and FK. Personally, I'm sick of the need for heroes permeating every level of American culture, and that's precisely what this comes off as. It feels like something that I'd find in X-Men or Indiana Jones than a grounded science fiction series.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm a little confused as to how the spot we've seen in the trailers with Owens escaping by leaping through the jaws of the Rex is somehow outside the realm of possibility. Either he gets nommed or he doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 4:16 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/daniella-pineda-interview-jurassic-world/

Daniella INTERVIEW (this is three pages)

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 10:51 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

The thing about Indiana Jones is that it's historical fantasy where fictional artifacts exist outside of myth and legend. Jurassic Park is (or rather WAS) science fiction grounded in semi-reality. In a movie franchise where suspension of disbelief is a necessity, somehow the protagonist jumping through the mouth of a T. rex and not being bitten in half is hard to swallow. Dinosaurs were a force of nature in the first 3 movies. Maybe a tad less so in the third, but still more so than in JW and FK. Personally, I'm sick of the need for heroes permeating every level of American culture, and that's precisely what this comes off as. It feels like something that I'd find in X-Men or Indiana Jones than a grounded science fiction series.
Someone that can do a simple barrel roll is harder to believe than resurrecting dinosaurs, sorry but I can't just agree.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 6:40 am

With all due respect, I think the notion that a daredevil stunt that any skilled individual can be trained to do (and remember Owen was in the Navy and displayed similar stunts when escaping the Raptor Squad paddock) like a barrel roll being harder to believe than a long since debunked theory is absurd.

Honestly, I don't think we're anywhere near superhero territory, but we are in Indiana Jones or Rick O'Connell territory (say what you will about The Mummy and The Mummy Returns but Fraser's performance in them is solid). And that's admittedly jarring because neither Alan Grant nor Ian Malcolm fit that kind of protagonist mold and were everyday civilians in extraordinary scenarios and always surviving barely by the skin of their teeth, and that allows the tension to be ratcheted up to 11. However, that kind of protagonist works for two films at most (whether or not the second time around is considered organic or not) but becomes nigh impossible to justify for a third outing.

Owen, meanwhile, has the skills and unique talents to survive in intense situations, and Claire seems to have turned herself around since her Operations Manager days. And because Trevorrow has stated several times that JW was the intended first in a trilogy, it makes sense for the two recurring protagonists to be objectively a bit more maverick (and for good or ill more archetypal) than Grant, Malcolm or Ellie.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 9:38 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
http://www.slashfilm.com/daniella-pineda-interview-jurassic-world/

Daniella INTERVIEW (this is three pages)

That was a fun one to read. It really seems like Daniella is a massive fan of the franchise, which is always a good thing. Hopefully we get a "Grant and Ellie see the Brachiosaurus" type moment when her character sees a dinosaur for the first time.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm a little confused as to how the spot we've seen in the trailers with Owens escaping by leaping through the jaws of the Rex is somehow outside the realm of possibility. Either he gets nommed or he doesn't.

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
With all due respect, I think the notion that a daredevil stunt that any skilled individual can be trained to do (and remember Owen was in the Navy and displayed similar stunts when escaping the Raptor Squad paddock) like a barrel roll being harder to believe than a long since debunked theory is absurd.

Honestly, I don't think we're anywhere near superhero territory, but we are in Indiana Jones or Rick O'Connell territory (say what you will about The Mummy and The Mummy Returns but Fraser's performance in them is solid). And that's admittedly jarring because neither Alan Grant nor Ian Malcolm fit that kind of protagonist mold and were everyday civilians in extraordinary scenarios and always surviving barely by the skin of their teeth, and that allows the tension to be ratcheted up to 11. However, that kind of protagonist works for two films at most (whether or not the second time around is considered organic or not) but becomes nigh impossible to justify for a third outing.

Owen, meanwhile, has the skills and unique talents to survive in intense situations, and Claire seems to have turned herself around since her Operations Manager days. And because Trevorrow has stated several times that JW was the intended first in a trilogy, it makes sense for the two recurring protagonists to be objectively a bit more maverick (and for good or ill more archetypal) than Grant, Malcolm or Ellie.

Owen trained dolphins to track bombs using sonar, he wasn't exactly a SEAL. Trust me, jumping through gnashing jaws lined with teeth isn't exactly standard Naval training. I agree with what BarrytheOnyx pointed out. That the first 3 movies involved relatively normal people (scientists, techies, guns for hire, lawyers, booking agents, CEOs) placed in situations where they're out of their elements and forced to contend with that. Whether they survive or not was left up to chance for the most part.

That's what I feel is out of place with the JW movies. Owen is ex military and has survivalist training experience. He's equipped for these situations (jungle tracking, etc). Maybe, with his training, he's not so far out of his element after all now that I'm giving it some thought, but that's also why it feels off. If it was a paleontologist jumping through hoops it'd feel extremely out of place, almost parahuman. You could just as easily imagine Spider-man, with all his advanced sensory capabilities performing the same feats. Claire is the one most out of her element and yet there's no feeling of imminent danger with her. She doesn't FEEL out of her element. She's just as at home roughing it at Owen, high heels or not. The ones that feel the most out of their element are Zach and Gray, and yet they come away from almost every obstacle relatively unscathed.

I mean, look at the main cast at the end of the first movie:
Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! UmjHiuE
They're covered in dirt, blood, scrapes, cuts, and although Malcolm's not shown here, he's got a busted leg himself.

Now look at the main cast at the end of JW:
Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! XPtKJLe
Barely a scratch on any of them! The thing that used to be constant about the JP movies is that the main cast never came away unscathed. They got banged up, bruised, scraped, cut, dirty, and bloody if they came out alive at all. Jurassic World just doesn't have that look. It's sterile.

Well, that really went on a tangent. Sorry 'bout that.

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 6:22 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Owen trained dolphins to track bombs using sonar, he wasn't exactly a SEAL. Trust me, jumping through gnashing jaws lined with teeth isn't exactly standard Naval training. I agree with what BarrytheOnyx pointed out. That the first 3 movies involved relatively normal people (scientists, techies, guns for hire, lawyers, booking agents, CEOs) placed in situations where they're out of their elements and forced to contend with that. Whether they survive or not was left up to chance for the most part.

That's what I feel is out of place with the JW movies. Owen is ex military and has survivalist training experience. He's equipped for these situations (jungle tracking, etc). Maybe, with his training, he's not so far out of his element after all now that I'm giving it some thought, but that's also why it feels off. If it was a paleontologist jumping through hoops it'd feel extremely out of place, almost parahuman. You could just as easily imagine Spider-man, with all his advanced sensory capabilities performing the same feats. Claire is the one most out of her element and yet there's no feeling of imminent danger with her. She doesn't FEEL out of her element. She's just as at home roughing it at Owen, high heels or not. The ones that feel the most out of their element are Zach and Gray, and yet they come away from almost every obstacle relatively unscathed.

I mean, look at the main cast at the end of the first movie:
Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! UmjHiuE
They're covered in dirt, blood, scrapes, cuts, and although Malcolm's not shown here, he's got a busted leg himself.

Now look at the main cast at the end of JW:
Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! XPtKJLe
Barely a scratch on any of them! The thing that used to be constant about the JP movies is that the main cast never came away unscathed. They got banged up, bruised, scraped, cut, dirty, and bloody if they came out alive at all. Jurassic World just doesn't have that look. It's sterile.

Well, that really went on a tangent. Sorry 'bout that.

To be fair Owen has a cut on his forehead & Claire a bruise on her arm from what I see but I get your point! Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 11:25 pm

To be fair, most big budget films these days seem to want their casts looking as pristine as possible throughout the whole film. It's a shame too, as it does take away from the realism.  They greenish blue hue to JW certainly doesn't help either. Hopefully that's remedied with FK.

That being said, comparatively speaking, Claire did look pretty roughed up compared to where she was at the start of the film.

Claire at the beginning of the film...

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Brycedallashoward-jurassicworld-03005

Claire at the end of the film...

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Jurassic-world

However, Owen should have looked more roughed up after the Dimorphodon attacked him, and Zach and Gray should have been WAY dirtier after taking the dive off the waterfall and crawling through the mud.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 11:13 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
To be fair, most big budget films these days seem to want their casts looking as pristine as possible throughout the whole film. It's a shame too, as it does take away from the realism.  They greenish blue hue to JW certainly doesn't help either. Hopefully that's remedied with FK.

That being said, comparatively speaking, Claire did look pretty roughed up compared to where she was at the start of the film.

Claire at the beginning of the film...

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Brycedallashoward-jurassicworld-03005

Claire at the end of the film...

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Jurassic-world

However, Owen should have looked more roughed up after the Dimorphodon attacked him, and Zach and Gray should have been WAY dirtier after taking the dive off the waterfall and crawling through the mud.

One thing I do like about Claire's hair so that in the scene when she meets with her Nephews in the lobby of the Innovation Center, you can see her perfectly styled hair frizzing in the humidity. Its a small touch, but it's also a nice example of Chaos Theories "life won't be contained. Life is messy, not perfect" philosophy.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!   Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallen Kingdom set visit interviews!!!
Page 1 of 1