Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread

Go down 
+76
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Ewinzilla
Gondrasia
Mosasurfus
Caudipteryx
owenpratt
Spiegel
brunofernando
Six-Foot Turkey
vinsanity
Boone54
Lythronax
scoobysaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
1morey
Mr. Robustus
jwfk.
Physalisfresser
V.a.nublarensis
Pablomustafari
Amadieus
Baryonyx111
Jakedisselt
JannToshj
sharkinspace
phil1031
indo_web
Pokesaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Ram99
Raptorbite
Fredriksam
JP_Korea
Clawenfan2015
Nathanoraptor
SpinnersEnd
egg478
Isoka13
Thrasher T. Rex
StriderIV
dilbodaggins
JurassicRampage
jamie_tid
FayhdrianColonist
Dv-218
Dr. Wu
JMORRI
Roxali
Robotpo
Zerone01
Chcoki14
Bbrink1996
IllOrfanato
mosasaurus
Meroune
NeylWalecki
Mjmannella
TheDreamMaster
LifeFindsAWay807
TRK/TrexKing
TyrantKing4Ever
Rhedosaurus
Oviraptor
Spinosaur4.4
baryonyx7
Sickle_Claw
Herrerasaurus
Sobek
Frills n Thrills
Cbaitson
dance2nite
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 5:31 am

Wu and Maisie must return in JW3.

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:37 am

Just watched it a third time and they saved some parasaurolophus! I never noticed that on the first two viewings!

Also is it just me or does Owen give off some serious Nathan Drake vibes in this movie?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Just watched it a third time and they saved some parasaurolophus! I never noticed that on the first two viewings!

Also is it just me or does Owen give off some serious Nathan Drake vibes in this movie?

Drake>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Owen Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:

Noticed them too the second time I watched the film. So happy they're alive! One of my favorite herbivores.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

I think Nathan Drake is just the new "Indiana Jones" template for action/adventure hero in that same vein in the modern setting, like how Indy himself became the template for adventurer characters in everything from books to knockoff films.

With that said, Spino, are you a fan of the Uncharted games? I've wanted to get into that series if I ever got enough savings money.

3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

I think Nathan Drake is just the new "Indiana Jones" template for action/adventure hero in that same vein in the modern setting, like how Indy himself became the template for adventurer characters in everything from books to knockoff films.

With that said, Spino, are you a fan of the Uncharted games? I've wanted to get into that series if I ever got enough savings money.

Yes I like them, but I need to play the last 2. Sickle_Claw is perfect to explaining you about the game, he loves it!

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Even though I liked FK a lot, there are some plot holes/questions that I thought I'd bring up:

- Why did Wu need the Indominus bone to make the Indoraptor - shouldn't he have had the DNA/genome already on file? Especially as JW made sure to establish we was taking all the genetic material with him from the park? It's like the chicken before the egg.

- How on Earth did Wheatley's men capture the T-Rex...in the midst of evacuating an exploding island? Perhaps Rexey shouldn't have been included in the stampede sequence...they might have given its role to an Allosaurus or something - but they wouldn't have had that money shot of the Rex roaring in front of the volcano.

- With such a huge mansion/fortune, how come Lockwood only had one servant? You'd think with a house that size, he'd have maids, a chef, probably a live-in doctor or nurse...instead, it seems that Iris is responsible for everything, including raising Maisie?

- Also, how come Lockwood never noticed that Mills had reactivated the labs and built a dinosaur prison in his basement (assuming the holding chambers weren't already there)? He's supposed to be an invalid, not dead!

These points aside, I still enjoyed the film. Even JP and TLW don't make perfect sense all the time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Even though I liked FK a lot, there are some plot holes/questions that I thought I'd bring up:

- Why did Wu need the Indominus bone to make the Indoraptor - shouldn't he have had the DNA/genome already on file? Especially as JW made sure to establish we was taking all the genetic material with him from the park? It's like the chicken before the egg.

So glad someone else noticed that. The real (meta) reason for that was so they could have that opening scene in the lagoon (and by extent, a reason for the Mosasaurus to escape so it could participate in the next movie), and so the movie could have a MacGuffin that, when destroyed, would symbolize that the movie's conflict is over. In-movie, however, there's no actual reason.

Robotpo wrote:
- How on Earth did Wheatley's men capture the T-Rex...in the midst of evacuating an exploding island? Perhaps Rexey shouldn't have been included in the stampede sequence...they might have given its role to an Allosaurus or something - but they wouldn't have had that money shot of the Rex roaring in front of the volcano.

I guess capturing her was a major priority for the mercenaries, since the only living T. rex would probably be the highest-selling dinosaur in the auction. Although how exactly did they capture her is beyond me, considering that she was clearly conscious while being carried by the helicopter in that cage.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 2:50 pm

I believe they skipped showing capturing any of the dinosaurs from being too much like TLW. The average movie viewer would be like "they already showed this in that other Jurassic Park movie"

Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 3:29 pm

So is this correct?
Spoiler:

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 4:01 pm

^^ It seems he needed the Indominus bone to make the first Indoraptor...but yes, he needed Blue/her DNA for the second generation - he basically wanted Blue to parent/socialize the next batch of Indoraptors so they'd be more like real raptors.

I wonder if this was inspired by the raptors in the TLW novel, where there were more feral/less social because there were no adults around to raise them to maturity?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Robotpo wrote:

- With such a huge mansion/fortune, how come Lockwood only had one servant? You'd think with a house that size, he'd have maids, a chef, probably a live-in doctor or nurse...instead, it seems that Iris is responsible for everything, including raising Maisie?

- Also, how come Lockwood never noticed that Mills had reactivated the labs and built a dinosaur prison in his basement (assuming the holding chambers weren't already there)? He's supposed to be an invalid, not dead!

These points aside, I still enjoyed the film. Even JP and TLW don't make perfect sense all the time.

Yeah I noticed the first and second plot holes too. Also in the standoff between Zia and Wheatley, it seems like Zia doesn't care that they're just leaving Owen to die, but I guess the scene just cuts off before she can object.

Speaking of, I didn't really like that they left Claire/Owen/Franklin to die. That seemed unnecessarily harsh, and we're supposed to believe that not one of the mercenaries objected to that? Are we supposed to believe that Mills capturing the dinosaurs is illegal? If so they are counting on every mercenary and everyone at the auction on keeping their mouths shut about the whole thing, so why did they leave Owen, Claire andFranklin?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 8:49 pm

The JW:FK Wikipedia page (I know anyone can edit an article) currently has written
Spoiler:

Now I've yet to see the film but it seems either this is incorrect or the film didn't explain it good enough.

For those who have seen it do you feel Wu needed the bone to create future hybrids or for the first Indoraptor?

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Okay, I have a shitty theory to explain why Wu needed the bone (because no way in hell they'll convince me Wu forgot Indominus' DNA):
He needed to extract the DNA from it because the other embryos weren't 100% viable and the DNA wasn't 100% viable too. He needed the original Indominus DNA because he knew it had more chance of sucess to put on Indoraptor's genome.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 5:16 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
The JW:FK Wikipedia page (I know anyone can edit an article) currently has written
Spoiler:

Now I've yet to see the film but it seems either this is incorrect or the film didn't explain it good enough.

For those who have seen it do you feel Wu needed the bone to create future hybrids or for the first Indoraptor?

The film makes it look like the bone is the sole source of Indominus Rex DNA, which is needed to create Indoraptors. Mills is desperately trying to hold onto the bone when he gets caught in the stampede, and when it is destroyed by Rexy it is implied that that is the end of hybrids.
Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
Spoiler:

Hi there, saw the movie yesterday. I would personally think he created the first without it - there just wouldnt be enough time for it to grow otherwise, as the movie takes place over a few days.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 6:42 am

Mosasurfus wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
Spoiler:

Hi there, saw the movie yesterday. I would personally think he created the first without it - there just wouldnt be enough time for it to grow otherwise, as the movie takes place over a few days.

I think it's implied that the opening scene happened many months before the rest of the movie.

Nice avatar btw, that poster is so cool.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 am

I think the embryos Wu took away in JW don't last more than 8 weeks or something. Also maybe Mills wanted immediate results and, from the bone itself it would have been easier and faster. I guess.

Back to top Go down
Mosasurfus
Embryo
Embryo
Mosasurfus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Mosasurfus wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
Spoiler:

I think it's implied that the opening scene happened many months before the rest of the movie.

Nice avatar btw, that poster is so cool.

You're right, I forgot the bone was before the rest of the expedition Smile
Thank you! I didn't even know they had made this poster before I had to make a user Very Happy And yeah, it's supercool, but I kind of wish we had seen more of the Mosa having fun.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Oh, I love to talk about the science implications in the movie.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 11:17 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

Noticed them too the second time I watched the film. So happy they're alive! One of my favorite herbivores.
Can I ask where they are seen? Please use spoiler tags if necessary

Edit and I just noticed we are in the spoiler thread. Derp.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 am

Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm

So the Honest Trailers for JP3 just came out, and it made me realize that FK is the only JP movie to not have divorced parents in it. That took me by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

Spoiler:
There was also a caged Parasaurolophus on a truck boarding the Arcadia.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

Spoiler:
Thanks you guys. I’ll be on the lookout for them.

They sound easy to miss.
Back to top Go down
Ewinzilla
Embryo
Embryo
Ewinzilla

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Also...

Spoiler:

(first post here guys! Been enjoying the discussions for a while but figured now was a good time to join.)
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 2:22 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
So the Honest Trailers for JP3 just came out, and it made me realize that FK is the only JP movie to not have divorced parents in it. That took me by surprise.

Ian and Sarah weren't divorced in TLW though?

Also, welcome Ewinzilla!

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 2:50 pm

owenpratt wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Also, welcome Ewinzilla!

Sarah wasn't Kelly's real mother, her real mother had divorced Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Technically one could argue that Malcolm, Sarah and Kelly were a "broken" family that were mended/reunited by the end, mirroring the T-Rex family on Sorna.

Malcolm says he has three kids in JP, so I actually think it would be fun if they had one of Malcolm's grown-up kids become a scientist or something and get a lead role in JW3.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 6:14 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

Also, welcome Ewinzilla!

Sarah wasn't Kelly's real mother, her real mother had divorced Malcolm.

Oh, you're right, my bad. So yeah, Fallen Kingdom is the first Jurassic movie without a divorced couple.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread
Page 16 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next