Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread

Go down 
+76
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Ewinzilla
Gondrasia
Mosasurfus
Caudipteryx
owenpratt
Spiegel
brunofernando
Six-Foot Turkey
vinsanity
Boone54
Lythronax
scoobysaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
1morey
Mr. Robustus
jwfk.
Physalisfresser
V.a.nublarensis
Pablomustafari
Amadieus
Baryonyx111
Jakedisselt
JannToshj
sharkinspace
phil1031
indo_web
Pokesaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Ram99
Raptorbite
Fredriksam
JP_Korea
Clawenfan2015
Nathanoraptor
SpinnersEnd
egg478
Isoka13
Thrasher T. Rex
StriderIV
dilbodaggins
JurassicRampage
jamie_tid
FayhdrianColonist
Dv-218
Dr. Wu
JMORRI
Roxali
Robotpo
Zerone01
Chcoki14
Bbrink1996
IllOrfanato
mosasaurus
Meroune
NeylWalecki
Mjmannella
TheDreamMaster
LifeFindsAWay807
TRK/TrexKing
TyrantKing4Ever
Rhedosaurus
Oviraptor
Spinosaur4.4
baryonyx7
Sickle_Claw
Herrerasaurus
Sobek
Frills n Thrills
Cbaitson
dance2nite
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 2:48 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
The Auction Scene could use some more explanation, be expanded upon, or completely redone.

Instead of these "crime lord types" they could have easily expressed that those attending were from genetic research companies, pharmaceutical companies, and government entities. It would make it feel far more real and reasonable.
That might of worked better but its way more satisfying to see these people killed when they are as villainous as they are in the movie. Making them scientists would have made Owen seem far worse when he unleashes the stingy on them

Valid point but they could have also figured something else out all together. I just felt like they were selling a Rancor to a Hutt.

V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 am

I love this little detail between the two scenes

Claire: You wouldn't let me drive a van for 5 minutes!

30 minutes later

Owen: Claire, start the truck!
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:13 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

30 minutes later

Ohh, that's nice! Good catch!

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:42 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:

30 minutes later

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am

owenpratt wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

30 minutes later

Did you guys notice how the camera focused on maisie when Wu was ranting about blue being injured and he screams “it needs a mother!!!!” Intentional foreshadowing?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 am

Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

30 minutes later

Did you guys notice how the camera focused on maisie when Wu was ranting about blue being injured and he screams “it needs a mother!!!!”  Intentional foreshadowing?

Foreshadowing about what though?

1. Maisie being stalked by Indoraptor because he needs a mother
2. Maisie not having a mother since she's cloned

?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am

owenpratt wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

30 minutes later

Did you guys notice how the camera focused on maisie when Wu was ranting about blue being injured and he screams “it needs a mother!!!!”  Intentional foreshadowing?

Foreshadowing about what though?

1. Maisie being stalked by Indoraptor because he needs a mother
2. Maisie not having a mother since she's cloned

?

Number 2.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 am

That's what I imagined lol yeah, I think actually both JW and FK has a LOT of use of foreshadowing. Damn, even the very first seconds of the first teaser trailer of JW were a foreshadowing ("If something chases you, run!"), foreshadowing the fact these movies would have a lot of foreshadowings.

lol

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 pm

It does make you wonder what social services to going to do when Maisie doesn't show up for school, and they find her living with a couple of random dinosaur people she just met. Razz
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:28 pm

I was actually wondering... if Maisie's truth will be revealed to the World in the 3 years gap between FK and JW3...

How cool (and sad) would it be to have scenes like Maisie in a classroom being ignored or feared by the classmates due to her different nature?

Social commentary about discrimination in there. JW trilogy would really get into deeper themes.

Anyway, I will definitely open a topic about Maisie's future in the trilogy as soon as a Jurassic World 3 thread will be opened.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Robotpo wrote:
It does make you wonder what social services to going to do when Maisie doesn't show up for school, and they find her living with a couple of random dinosaur people she just met. Razz

I don't think she goes to school or has any records if i have to guess.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Oh jeez I hope not. I'd hate to see the theme start to pick up recent social justice issues but twisted for cloning. Imagine how enraged people would be and the reviews.... wouldn't surprise me though after all that crap with Trevvorrow and woman directors.

CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Wasn't the DPG already that?

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am

I think it took a while for the Indominus to die. The Mosasaurus dragged her from the edge of Main Street and her corpse was located a considerable distance away.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:47 am

Spiegel wrote:
Oh jeez I hope not. I'd hate to see the theme start to pick up recent social justice issues but twisted for cloning. Imagine how enraged people would be and the reviews.... wouldn't surprise me though after all that crap with Trevvorrow and woman directors.

We have soooo different vision on things, don't we? Lol

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 am

Spiegel wrote:

Most of these crap actually comes from male directors...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Another piece of foreshadowing that I noticed that scene when Lockwood tells Maisie that her "mother" would have saved them all, which I think is a foreshadowing of the scene in which Maisie clicks the button that releases the dinos thus saving them. ps I saw some criticism on Twitter that I felt was really dumb. somebody said that Claire was a dumb character because she is the reason why dinosaurs will make the humans go extinct. first off dinosaurs on the mainland does not necessarily mean that humans will go extinct (lol) and second mills was the one to bring the dinos to the mainland and Maisie was the one to click the button to release the dinos, so none of it was claires fault.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Most of these crap actually comes from male directors...
That's a fair point lol

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 pm

My extended thoughts are the intro here Minute 109 of The Lost World Minute:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:16 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Another piece of foreshadowing that I noticed that scene when Lockwood tells Maisie that her "mother" would have saved them all, which I think is a foreshadowing of the scene in which Maisie clicks the button that releases the dinos thus saving them. ps I saw some criticism on Twitter that I felt was really dumb. somebody said that Claire was a dumb character because she is the reason why dinosaurs will make the humans go extinct. first off dinosaurs on the mainland does not necessarily mean that humans will go extinct (lol) and second mills was the one to bring the dinos to the mainland and Maisie was the one to click the button to release the dinos, so none of it was claires fault.
this.

She’s a child who just found out she’s a damn clone. She has empathy for the creatures in front of her because they are not monsters. Much like herself.

Is it dangerous? Of course. But again she’s a little kid.

Also I saw people claiming she caused JW3.... no she didn’t. Did they forget about the animals that got away at the auction or the embryos? There was going to be a JW3 regardless
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:20 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
this.

She’s a child who just found out she’s a damn clone. She has empathy for the creatures in front of her because they are not monsters. Much like herself.

Is it dangerous? Of course.  But again she’s a little kid.

Also I saw people claiming she caused JW3.... no she didn’t. Did they forget about the animals that got away at the auction or the embryos? There was going to be a JW3 regardless

I felt so damn bad for her. She found out she has literally no mother. The figure that was presented to her as her mother was really the first version of her. Her main parental figure of Lockwood is dead and now she's stuck with two people she's never met before. Anyway like I said before, she realized that if she denied the creatures the right to live, what does that say about her rights? She's a smart kid, she figured it out.

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:00 am

I honestly felt she was a weak point in the plot. I actually like the idea but like most everything else, the execution was flawed. She's a 10 year old, how does she accept, understand, and progress her mind set so quickly while being chased by a dinosaur? Imagine a real kid getting the bomb dropped that she was adopted, that isnt something easy to process. This is way more than that, you are a science project. That, or she has such a simple comprehension of it, the only thing she can relate to is the word clone.

Also, after being chased by a cloned hybrid monster, she says "they're alive, just like me." Then sets them free, minutes after being almost devoured by one of the creatures.

I dont know what I'm really expecting here, perhaps just a little more development of the idea that presses the fact forward and shows her "getting it" or something.

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:26 am

Spiegel wrote:
I honestly felt she was a weak point in the plot. I actually like the idea but like most everything else, the execution was flawed. She's a 10 year old, how does she accept, understand, and progress her mind set so quickly while being chased by a dinosaur? Imagine a real kid getting the bomb dropped that she was adopted, that isnt something easy to process. This is way more than that, you are a science project. That, or she has such a simple comprehension of it, the only thing she can relate to is the word clone.

Also, after being chased by a cloned hybrid monster, she says "they're alive, just like me." Then sets them free, minutes after being almost devoured by one of the creatures.

I dont know what I'm really expecting here, perhaps just a little more development of the idea that presses the fact forward and shows her "getting it" or something.

I guess she realizes someone could say she's a monster like them.

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 2:36 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

I guess she realizes someone could say she's a monster like them.

I mean that's true, just wish they would have given us a little more dialogue or something to make more sense. To really drive it home.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:01 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:

Oh, true! That's awesome foreshadowing!

Also, I think Maisie realizes that the Indoraptor is nothing like the other dinosaurs. She's there saying "They made it, Mr Mills and the other man [Dr Wu]", and even Owen (who said "Do you like dinosaurs? So do I!") agrees that that thing should not leave the mansion. That's more like a biological weapon than an animal. The other dinosaurs though, they're more like her, they've been created by science, but they have feelings and the will and right to live. Also, Maisie was chased by the hybrid but also saw the great bond between Owen and Blue.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Spiegel wrote:

She's inteligent, she knows they are animals, not monsters. I mean, she's 10. Anyone with 10 years old could understand these animals aren't at fault.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

She's inteligent, she knows they are animals, not monsters. I mean, she's 10. Anyone with 10 years old could understand these animals aren't at fault.

That's beyond debatable

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

That's beyond debatable

Can you elaborate? ^^

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 6:11 pm

Realistically speaking, she just went through a traumatic experience involving a dinosaur. This is the kind of thing that leads to post traumatic stress, and symptom wise her releasing the dinosaurs goes completely against that.

Also, we are meant to believe she's evaluated her whole existence as well as the dinosaurs in just a few brief moments.

Finally, she's 10 or so. She may be "smart" but I dont recall anything that makes me believe she's so intelligent that she could make the desicion fo free the dinosaurs. It also contradicts itself, she's so smart she understands the complex meanings of cloning and life but isn't smart enough to comprehend that something that just tried to eat her should be allowed to live like she should. How can you grasp the idea of life, especially "artificial life," but not comprehend the lives you put into danger. Is she a child for an adult?

To me it just seems too weak a plot point for me to buy. Again, back to my main issue with this film, create a story line in which we see the characters develop or we can at least grasp who they are instead of flooding us with action.

Bionic
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bionic

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 pm

Releasing the dinosaurs like that is one of the biggest errors in the script. I mean it was already questionable that Claire almost let a pack of deadly predators and big herbivores out and put innocent people in danger but letting Maisie do it so shortly after what she's been through and because well clone was such a copout. It would have made more sense for one of the villains to press the button or maybe even better they somehow break out on their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread   3 - Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER thread
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next