Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!

Go down 
+13
1morey
Dilophosaurus
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
TyrannosaurTJ
Rhedosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Robotpo
Troyal1
#TRexSpinorematch
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
Sickle_Claw
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Empty
PostSubject: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm

https://twitter.com/Extinction_Now/status/1005540098165870592

Check and Mate. scratch

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Oh good, we have 2 warring factions in this film.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm

But is the Twitter feed canon?

I mean, it OBVIOUSLY is, but yeah...

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

The feed is verified and Universal owns the domain that twitter feed links to. And the Director acknowledged the groups first tweet.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Anytime the internet shows love to The Lost World is a triumph for me.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Holy fuck! This is unexpected and awesome. I bet you this theme of saving vs killing carries over to the next film.

They could also use stuff from JP3.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Maybe now this will calm down some of the "Universal doesnt care" stuff that's been plaguing the forum as of late.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Maybe now this will calm down some of the "Universal doesnt care" stuff that's been plaguing the forum as of late.

I will agree though that it would be nice to have more in the films.

Fk spoilers. Pretty minor, but spoilers.

Spoiler:

Briefly of course. Very briefly.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:26 pm

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/1005545056822939648

^In which Colin doesnt understand sarcasm in any way/shape/form and punches down in regards to Sorna.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Robotpo on Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Let's try to keep Fallen Kingdom spoilers, even minor ones, contained within the spoiler threads or in spoiler tags until the film has been released everywhere. Thanks.

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:23 am

This is awesome! They could should also have footage of the JP3 Pteranodons on the mainland too. Or the JW incident.

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 1:18 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
This is awesome! They could should also have footage of the JP3 Pteranodons on the mainland too. Or the JW incident.

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it
Spoiler:

This. Very much this. A lot of potential here.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Spoiler:

I think that they should have just allowed that one 'T.rex ending'-where the animals are put back on Sorna and Rexy finds a new family- to end this new movie. Yeah, it would have ret-conned the DPG site out of canon, but conisider all the outrage it caused and how it needlessly divided the fanbase, I would rather have had that ending and then have it explained in such a cheap and lazy way via the site.

I'm sorry, but if these sites are the most that we're getting in a way that expands the lore, then I'd rather have nothing at all. If it ain't a book, a TV show (animated or live action), or a movie, then it's not canon. Is this really the most we can get? There is a 14 year gap in between JP3 and JW and this is the most we're getting?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Spoiler:

Dude.

Spoiler:

I think that they should have just allowed that one 'T.rex ending'-where the animals are put back on Sorna and Rexy finds a new family- to end this new movie. Yeah, it would have ret-conned the DPG site out of canon, but conisider all the outrage it caused and how it needlessly divided the fanbase, I would rather have had that ending and then have it explained in such a cheap and lazy way via the site.

I'm sorry, but if these sites are the most that we're getting in a way that expands the lore, then I'd rather have nothing at all. If it ain't a book, a TV show (animated or live action), or a movie, then it's not canon. Is this really the most we can get? There is a 14 year gap in between JP3 and JW and this is the most we're getting?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Spoiler:

Dude.

Spoiler:

I know that, but it's what is supposed to have happened to it after TLW and JP3, as well as how they did it is what bothers me.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Those sites are as valid and canon as we can get right now whether you think they are or not. Trevorrow has stated that numerous times already and he's basically leading the series now in terms of that kind of discussion.So not you, not me, and definitely the kid that thinks the Rex in JP3 is the baby from TLW or there were Raptors on the Venture in TLW. Heck, not even Bob from the Supermarket that helps you get your groceries. Are there going to be problems with what is known and isn't known? Yes. Especially if Trevorrow doesn't do his research or the people working for him do not. That's not to say these kinds of problems could be avoided, because there's multiple contradictions in life. The point I am making here is that official word is saying what it is saying right now and that's the way things are.

It's irritating to me to see so many people focus on their head canons in this fandom and it's to a point where I personally have asked "What film were you watching?" when they try to pass off the wacky tin hat ideas. It's almost like we weren't watching the same movie because they're more in love with their own ideas of what they wanted to see or thought they saw. Outside of that we've never really had any of those things ever and when we did (see Telltale's JPTG) fans argued about the same thing you're saying right now on whether it is canon or not and then came the insistence it wasn't canon because of how "terrible" it was or how they didn't like JPTG. Everybody gets so steadfast in these matters and building their own head canons it's why, even if we did get the things you wanted to see it in, people would deny it and make up their own crap.

It simply is what it is, unknowns and everything else in account. Just "let it be" is my point. You don't have to love it, you just merely got to accept whatever the official consensus is. If you can debunk it? Show the proof and show there's a conflict. If there isn't? Accept it and get on with things.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Spoiler:

There you go with head canons.

Given that the actors themselves have taken time to film content for the website, that’s still not enough for you? So what if it’s a website. It’s world building. It’s story expanding. It’s made by Universal. It’s canon deal with it. You don’t have to like it but you are going to have to learn to accept it.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Canon isnt exclusive to what you see on screen. It's in books, video games, and other forms of content. Just because it's canon you may not like, doesn't mean it's not canon.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 6:01 pm

The long and short of it is that you can't pick and choose what qualifies as canon based on your own personal preference. This isn't a scenario where there's middle ground or room for interpretation. It is canon, regardless of how malleable it might be or how many people don't like it.

If someone really doesn't like it, maybe try convincing Universal to change it. Or better yet, go to film school, get Universal to hire you to write a script for a new JP film, write a script in which all the DPG stuff is retconned, and get that film made.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 8:48 am

TRK wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Spoiler:

There you go with head canons.

Given that the actors themselves have taken time to film content for the website, that’s still not enough for you? So what if it’s a website. It’s world building. It’s story expanding. It’s made by Universal. It’s canon deal with it. You don’t have to like it but you are going to have to learn to accept it.

So basically, if Universal decides to mess around with this site at will, and still says that the site is still canon, despite all the massive changes, then you would still consider this site as canon? I wouldn't. You can say that I'm pulling head canon, but I'm just simply asking for canon that expands the lore in a FAR more concrete way. NOT in a way that's malleable to the point where anybody-which includes hackers-can mess around with it.

I honestly doesn't see how anybody can consider that too much to ask.

Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 am

First post is from 9 June, after the films release..... Pretty sure this is part of the marketing towards JW3
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 9:52 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Canon isnt exclusive to what you see on screen. It's in books, video games, and other forms of content. Just because it's canon you may not like, doesn't mean it's not canon.

Quoted for Truth!

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
The long and short of it is that you can't pick and choose what qualifies as canon based on your own personal preference. This isn't a scenario where there's middle ground or room for interpretation. It is canon, regardless of how malleable it might be or how many people don't like it.

If someone really doesn't like it, maybe try convincing Universal to change it. Or better yet, go to film school, get Universal to hire you to write a script for a new JP film, write a script in which all the DPG stuff is retconned, and get that film made.

Also quoted for truth.

The JP fandom continues to have the problem (and other fandoms have problems with this too, but the JP fandom is the one with it more prevalent) where they feel their two cents on what something is and isn't should and would be the official explanation or officially part of the canon when it simply just isn't whatsoever.

Let's take something infamous of the JP series like the Venture boat attack being the fault Raptors or even the TLW Rex being the Rex in JP3 that dies. Fans have taken it to the next level, and created a background for scenes that simply are flubs or an unknown rather than accepting it as it is. Case in point, the Venture attack sequence is a flub that wasn't properly devised. That doesn't make it so that it was Raptors, it just is a flub because it is all on the Rex. Also, like with the Rex in JP3 possibly being the infant from TLW it is merely an unknown actually. Fans want a definitive answer and the definitive answer there is we don't know and probably never will. People have a hard time with accepting that as a valid answer so they cannot tolerate it whatsoever.

That leads to this, a lot of people have cited that due to the inconsistencies that exist their idea or preference is valid. It may be, but it also isn't because there's no official consensus to back that belief up. I think it's great that people have ideas, express their creativity, and show those ideas in fan fic. It belongs in a fan crafted story, but not a serious discussion of whether it is canon or not. Inclusion of a "fan universe" is beyond ridiculous because of how limitless ideas and interweaving with those wacky ideas can have a preference over what is officially crafted by the people with the licensing or able to have official backing. Take the idea like a beloved fan film crafted by passionate pre-teens being canon or a "worthy sequel" to some. It simply can't because one wills it to be. There's a process behind something like that to get official backing for that kind of support and it gets discussed. Sometimes that discussion is very heavily analyzed and sometimes it isn't.

Outside of that there's a certain toxicity to it where fans assert their ideas as the end all, be all where it bites everybody in the ass when the eventual story line is exposed by official powers that people get upset that what they did to own it is no longer applicable. Fan theories are just that, wacky ideas that aren't proven. It's just the equivalent of someone's fantasy of "Wouldn't it be cool?" and should merely be dismissed as exactly that and kept in fan fictions or similar. You guys can hate me as much as you want for that, but I think people that insist on their head canons are out of touch with the reality of the situation altogether and almost likely are beyond getting back to the reality of the situation altogether.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
It simply can't because one wills it to be.

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Tumblr10

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
It simply can't because one wills it to be.

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Tumblr10

I stand by what I said and the context in which I said it regarding fan fiction, fan films, and other fan additions such as head canons. Sometimes such things can and will be pandered to, but that is on a rarity. Most of them won't ever even at all no matter how hard many would wish and hope for though.

It's more common for fan theories, fan fiction, and fan additions to not make it into the official canon whatsoever and be flung to the way side. A lot of people insist on the wacky wack instead of what something actually is and that is bothersome.

Also, please don't quote mine me like that ever again. Razz

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm

If head canons mattered in the grand scheme of things, there's stuff in other franchises I'd definitely change, like Sonic The Hedgehog kissing a human princess.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Sorry lol, I actually agree with everything you said but can't have people contradicting John Hammond!
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Sorry lol, I actually agree with everything you said but can't have people contradicting John Hammond!

I understand somewhat. Hammond quotes are particularly epic after all. Razz

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 5:01 pm

I know it's not canon, but Jurassic World Evolution heavily includes the Five Deaths, which of course are a TLW creation. So, that's another recent nod to the second movie.
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I know it's not canon, but Jurassic World Evolution heavily includes the Five Deaths, which of course are a TLW creation. So, that's another recent nod to the second movie.

I think that while the game itself is non-canon (obviously), I think that the information in the InGen database could be considered canon, since it just adds info about characters and locations, that don't necessarily contradict the films.

They directly reference Roland Tembo's meeting in Mombasa with Ajay, and they give a bit of background info on Robert Muldoon (saying he grew up in a family of hunters), and I believe they even mention Henry Wu as being MIT and OSU alumni. Also the Jurassic Park aviary is finally depicted (though it is a stock image of the Worker Village communications center).

They also mention Therizinosaurus being part of the Indominus rex genetic makeup. (I believe that Horner's statement was originally misinterpreted (as in it was the inspiration for the I. rex's distinctively long middle claw, but not literally part of its makeup.). But I'm glad to see a more or less official confirmation that it was indeed one of the dinosaurs making up the Indominus rex.

Last edited by 1morey on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!   Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal Sponsored 'EXTINCTION NOW' Twitter feed proves TLW is Canon with Alternate San Diego Rex Footage!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next