Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?

Go down 
+17
The Malone Society
TheRexMan22
TyrantKing4Ever
CT-1138
dance2nite
Physalisfresser
Spiegel
Rhedosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Mr. Robustus
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Dv-218
Robotpo
Troyal1
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantKing4Ever

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:14 pm

If I had to pick three scenes from the movie that I really liked, they would be:
1. Rexy getting her first human kill in 25 years
2. Stygimoloch’s carnage in the auction
3. Blue vs Indoraptor
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Thought of something else I liked: how the film took its time in introducing the cast on the mainland, in scenes that had nothing to do with dinosaurs or the island - very much like JP, and TLW, and JP3 here. The opening of JW felt very rushed in getting to Isla Nublar as soon as possible (granted, most of our cast were there already, but still)...
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

TyrantKing4Ever wrote:
If I had to pick three scenes from the movie that I really liked, they would be:
1. Rexy getting her first human kill in 25 years
2. Stygimoloch’s carnage in the auction
3. Blue vs Indoraptor

Number 2 for sure! So happy to see a herbivore acting dangerous as it should
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:33 pm

The animatronics! Rexy animatronic looked phenomenal!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:35 pm

^^ I didn't find the Malcolm animatronic to be that lifelike though.

Last edited by Robotpo on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm

^Wait, are you saying this was NOT cgi Malcolm?
Good job ILM, really fooled me there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm

Except for a pair of shots, Fallen Kingdom also has the best CGI of the franchise, IMO.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:35 am

Yeah, i noticed a significant upgrade in this movie's CGI compared to JW. A couple of parts were really iffy, but most of it was great IMO.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:52 am

The only parts that kinda threw me off a little were the owen trying to get away from the lava scene and the brief snarl that blue does when she gets out of her cage. Everything else was spectacular tho Very Happy.

Also, just a question, is the T. rex model the same one from JW? It might just be me, but I thought it looked much better this time. Was it updated?
Back to top Go down
Physalisfresser
Hatchling
Hatchling
Physalisfresser

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Dv-218 wrote:
The only parts that kinda threw me off a little were the owen trying to get away from the lava scene and the brief snarl that blue does when she gets out of her cage. Everything else was spectacular tho Very Happy.

Also, just a question, is the T. rex model the same one from JW? It might just be me, but I thought it looked much better this time. Was it updated?

I don't think it was the same, she looked a lot bulkier this time.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 pm

^Yeah, that's the impression I got too.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:56 pm

There's a lot that I loved about the movie, but here are some highlights for me...

1. The cinematography
2. The opening
3. The special effects
4. The tone
5. The Crichton-esque themes
6. The child character and her actress
7. How it pushes the franchise forward
8. The Indoraptor
9. The Brachiosaurus death scene
10. Stiggy
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:07 pm

The Malone Society wrote:

6. The child character and her actress

She was definitely the best kid in the franchise, both as performance and character. I dare to say she's one of the most important characters of the franchise, but it might also depend on her importance in JW3.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 pm

I liked her much more than Gray and Zach to be honest.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:05 pm

I like Maisie, Tim and Lex the most out of the kid characters.

Kelly and Eric were OK I guess, not great but not too annoying.

But I really don't like Zach and Grey lol.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:32 pm

My extended thoughts are the intro here Minute 109 of The Lost World Minute:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2018 1:04 pm

The dinosaurs
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 pm

I thought the part they really nailed (apart from the awesome beginning) was the indoraptor in the mansion. I thought that was perfectly done. It had tension reminiscent of the raptors in the kitchen in JP, the visuals and the music were spectacular, the whole thing had my heart pumping. So kudos to them for that, that probably saved the movie for me. Which is why I'm all the more surprised when I read reviews that say the movie falls apart once they leave the island. For me it was the opposite. If I'm to mention my two favorite scenes in the movie it would be the indoraptor in the cage at the auction (every shot of it just screamed danger and was perfectly executed) and when the indoraptor was climbing the roof of the mansion. The visuals and the music!! That was definitely the highlight of the movie for me. I thought this sequence alone was superior to JW in every way, and much more JP, and it's probably the reason I will grow to love this movie more and more as time passes and I can get over the script issues.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:28 pm

^this is excatly me lol. From the very 1st screening I went to I thought that the mainland stuff was solid and well done, while the island part felt rushed and needed more polishing. I was quite surprised myself to see that the reaction of most critics was the complete opposite.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah. Not to mention the fact that the scene on the roof was done in darkness and rain, something I had been hoping to see again in a JP movie since way before JW was ever announced.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:37 pm

^This. The dark and rainy scenes in the movie were my absoulute favorite- from the way they are shot to how they play out, pure JP. Bayona really loves his lighting techniques lol.

Also, is it just me, or some of the soundtrack is similar to Dracula (1992)? Especially the indoraptor's theme and the que that plays while rext stalks Unlucky Bastard the 2nd. I don't know if it's intentional, but if it is, then that's pretty dope Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Not sure, didn't notice that, but that's a movie I really love, so I wouldn't mind the similarity. And I thought Bayona's horror background really got to shine in that part of the movie, which I loved. I'm a big fan of his movie The Orphanage, and horror in general, so I was really pleased with the horror elements here, especially the way it was done. It was horror, but still very JP (the kitchen scene in JP had horror elements but Bayona really took it to another level with this).
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Dracula 1992 is by the far the best looking Dracula...Oldman is genuinely creepy in that.

Have you guys ever heard John Williams' score for Dracula 1979? The movie isn't too good, but the score is worth a listen if you're a Williams lover - even if the main theme sounds suspiciously like it was written for Kylo Ren!
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Dracula 1992 is by the far the best looking Dracula...Oldman is genuinely creepy in that.

Have you guys ever heard John Williams' score for Dracula 1979? The movie isn't too good, but the score is worth a listen if you're a Williams lover - even if the main theme sounds suspiciously like it was written for Kylo Ren!

Yeah it's a really great movie, I can watch it over and over and never get tired of it (just like with the original JP).

Never heard the John Williams score for that, no, not even seen the movie so I didn't know he had done that. That's interesting. He's a fantastic composer.
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:27 pm

1. The opening scene
2. That brachiosaurus scene
3. Gunnar's death. I honestly found it hilarious.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 2:37 pm

^I've seen people say that the indoraptor killed Eversol and Wheatley, but didn't it kill all those other people in the elevator too, when it attacked Eversol?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Lost wrote:
^I've seen people say that the indoraptor killed Eversol and Wheatley, but didn't it kill all those other people in the elevator too, when it attacked Eversol?

Yeah, and it killed at least 3 mercs (probably a few more off screen).
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 am

Just realized that in the museum scene, when Owen, Claire and Maisie hides on that same side of the Trike skull pedestal where the Indoraptor ten seconds before dragged an already dead mercenary, there's no sign of blood or anything on the ground. The Indoraptor just ate him whole.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

This thread needs a bump for all of our sakes Razz

Despite FK being (imo) a flawed film, there are some absolutely incredible scenes. The Brachiosaurus death had me choking up in the theater and is far and away the most emotional scene in the history of the franchise.

The special effects were probably the best we've seen in any JP film.

It was nice to see the T.rex act as a threat again. The opening scene of FK was probably the most "JP-ish" scene in any of the films since TLW, and seeing her nom someone again was fantastic.

I thought Chris Pratt was much better this time around.

I loved some of the ideas that were introduced in this film, and I love the fact that Trevorrow has the balls to take the franchise into bold new territory.

That's what I got for right now xD

edit: It's also interesting that this thread is so dead, while the "backlash" thread gets all of the traffic. Kinda shows where peoples headspace is xD

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 3:49 am

What I liked best was the inclusion of dinosaurs that haven't been seen in any of the previous movies (Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Sinoceratops), though I do think the Pteranodons should have been bigger, like the ones we saw in JP3.

PostSubject: Re: What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?   What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you like the most about Fallen Kingdom?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2