Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Burke's Novel Equivalent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hesperornis
Embryo
Embryo
Hesperornis

Burke's Novel Equivalent Empty
PostSubject: Burke's Novel Equivalent   Burke's Novel Equivalent Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 10:59 am

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been away for so long. Now I'm back, and want to share a possible connection between two characters from The Lost World novel and movie. As we all know, the movie took heavy liberties with the book, but you can still pick up on novel elements if you pay close attention. Case in point: Robert Burke. While he was mainly created as a jab at Bob Bakker, Jack Horner's rival, I've just realized he also shares similarities with George Baselton from the book. Both are scientists hired by the "bad guys" for their expeditions to Isla Sorna, both are rather poor at their jobs, and both wind up as T. rex chow. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Burke's Novel Equivalent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burke's Novel Equivalent   Burke's Novel Equivalent Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Baselton was the name that I thought of when I saw your title thread, so yeah, agreed.
Back to top Go down

Burke's Novel Equivalent
Page 1 of 1