Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Deep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Deep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park Empty
PostDeep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park

After watching the film and it's sequel the other day, I've come to the conclusion that the franchise is the Jurassic Park of shark films. How so? Genetic tampering with Mako sharks, the only difference being they're using them as research to cure Alzheimer's disease. As with Jurassic Park, the sharks became aware and "broke out" of containment and went on a hunting spree. Aquatica also serves as the setting similar to Isla Nublar, but with this, it's not an island, it's a a remote former submarine refueling facility. In sorta a callback to JP, the largest of the 3 sharks happens to be the main antagonist, similar to The Big One. Oh and Samuel L. Jackson is in this one too. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Deep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park :: Comments

This isn't the first time I've heard somebody say this.

Back when Jurassic World came out, people were drawing comparisons to Jaws 3 and Deep Blue Sea.

Jaws 3 because a state-of-the-art theme park is under attack by a large, man-eating predator, (and the fact that it was part of a new attraction (technically the shark's young was).)

As for Deep Blue Sea comparisons, the raptor pack drew comparisons to the mako sharks in Deep Blue Sea. Also comparisons were made between the Indominus rex's death and Samuel L. Jackson's death in Deep Blue Sea.

But yeah, both series share a similarity with their focus with genetic engineering/tampering.

And sharks have existed since the Silurian period, way before the dinosaurs.

Sea World was the setting for the 3rd Jaws if im not mistaken.
TheDreamMaster
Re: Deep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park
Post Sun May 06, 2018 11:21 pm by TheDreamMaster
I think it's a sensationalized Sea World, as it has way more advanced underwater viewing tubes than Sea World actually.

Deep Blue Sea is the underwater equivalent of Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 1