Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Empty
PostSubject: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 am

Now that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has been out for a month in most places, its time we get things rolling for Jurassic World 3, set to debut June of 2021. This thread is for any news and/or announcements pertaining to JW3.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 5:38 am

So excited that this thread exists now! Very Happy

I'll put here some quotes by Trevorrow about what we can expect from Jurassic World 3:

Quote :
“It will be focused storytelling with dinosaurs all over the world,” Trevorrow told EW. “We really wanted this technology, this genetic power, to go open-source at the end of the film. What we’re suggesting is not just that these specific animals that we care about that were in captivity were freed, but also that the ability to create these animals has gone a little bit wider than our friend Dr. Wu. The open-sourcing of any technology, like nuclear power, that’s the scary side for me.”

Quote :
“I’ll just say that this has been one long story, and it has been thought through, and it has been designed,” he says. “I think as people see the choices made in Fallen Kingdom, they’ll put some trust in us that we know where we’re going and we have a plan. I can definitely promise that the third movie will be an emotional movie.”

Quote :
"I think what’s very important and what could fall apart, if just dinosaurs [are] everywhere all the time. I think any kind of global acceptance that they are just around doesn’t feel real to me because, even now when you think of animals, when was the last time you saw a tiger walking down the street? We know there are tigers. We know they’re out there. But to me, it’s very important that we keep this grounded in the context of our relationship with wild animals today."

Quote :
"My goal with this trilogy is to, when you reach the very end, to have the very first line that Claire ever says, ‘No one is impressed by a dinosaur anymore,’ to be proven completely false. That’s my goal."

Quote :
“If I could contextualize each film, I would say Jurassic World was an action adventure, Fallen Kingdom is kind of a horror suspense film, and Jurassic World 3 will be a science thriller in the same way that Jurassic Park was.”

We know it will be released on June 11th, 2021.
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will star in it. I'd say BD Wong will too. Probably Isabella Sermon as well. Maybe Geraldine Chaplin, Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith?

Classic characters like Grant, Malcolm and Ellie might return. Some Pratt-Neill Twitter interactions and some Trevorrow's words in an interview make it sound like Sam Neill might come back for this third/sixth installment.

Music will almost certainly be by Michael Giacchino. I think the cinematographer has been confirmed in some article to be John Schwartzman, the same of Jurassic World.

Script is by Colin Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael. I guess Derek Connolly was involved too, but less than before this time around.

Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment will of course make the movie, but I'm not sure about Legendary Pictures anymore.

Rexy and Blue will 99% return. The film will be the end of the end, as Trevorrow said, so no cliffhanger this time (maybe).

Filming will probably begin towards February/March/April 2020.

Expect the first trailer to be shared around November/December 2020.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:04 am

Here we go again!

You would almost think that the script would be almost done but they actually still have a whole year before casting begins.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:24 pm

owenpratt wrote:

I'll put here some quotes by Trevorrow about what we can expect from Jurassic World 3:

Quote :
“It will be focused storytelling with dinosaurs all over the world,” Trevorrow told EW. “We really wanted this technology, this genetic power, to go open-source at the end of the film. What we’re suggesting is not just that these specific animals that we care about that were in captivity were freed, but also that the ability to create these animals has gone a little bit wider than our friend Dr. Wu. The open-sourcing of any technology, like nuclear power, that’s the scary side for me.”

Quote :
“I’ll just say that this has been one long story, and it has been thought through, and it has been designed,” he says. “I think as people see the choices made in Fallen Kingdom, they’ll put some trust in us that we know where we’re going and we have a plan. I can definitely promise that the third movie will be an emotional movie.”

Quote :
"I think what’s very important and what could fall apart, if just dinosaurs [are] everywhere all the time. I think any kind of global acceptance that they are just around doesn’t feel real to me because, even now when you think of animals, when was the last time you saw a tiger walking down the street? We know there are tigers. We know they’re out there. But to me, it’s very important that we keep this grounded in the context of our relationship with wild animals today."

Quote :
"My goal with this trilogy is to, when you reach the very end, to have the very first line that Claire ever says, ‘No one is impressed by a dinosaur anymore,’ to be proven completely false. That’s my goal."

Quote :
“If I could contextualize each film, I would say Jurassic World was an action adventure, Fallen Kingdom is kind of a horror suspense film, and Jurassic World 3 will be a science thriller in the same way that Jurassic Park was.”

Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment will of course make the movie, but I'm not sure about Legendary Pictures anymore.

I see many HUGE problems with all of this.

1. It would only be a matter of time before the U.S. government finds out about what happened at Lockwood's auction.

2. If this happened in real life, the dinosaurs would get wiped out by the military or a large amount would while many would be captured and shipped to Sorna.

3. Given how TLW is still canon, then between Papa Rex going on a rampage in San Diego, the military saving Grant, the Kirbys, and Billy at the end of JP3, and how they would have to have known about what happened on Nublar after I. rex broke free, the military would be fully prepared for this.

4. Every redneck, hillybilly, and family members or friends of people who got badly injured if not killed by the dinosaurs, and even some dinosaur attack surviviors would form posses to hunt down dinosaurs.

5. Don't think that giving them endangered species status would protect them. Back when he was running Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe allowed elephants to be hunted under the cause to 'make more space for people' which was a very dubious reason. If elephants can be killed under very poor reasons, then what makes people think that people who have far more legitimate reasons (friends/family members getting injured or killed) WON'T try and kill off the dinosaurs?

6. Governments of various nations would be forced to sign laws, and probably treaties banning future dinosaur cloning. It would be political suicide for them not to do it. Not unless they want to be voted out of office, or worse, get overthrown.

7. Scintists who do so would have a price on their heads, if not crossmarks via Predator drone strikes or clandestine assassinations. They would be too busy running from the law, getting plastic surgies to hide, and whatever else to clone dinosaurs.

8. The Mosasaurus. It might conceivably live the rest of its life without getting torpedoed by the U.S. Navy (or by any other navy for that matter) by the simple advantage of how large the Pacific Ocean is. But even then, it still has to live with the risk of Orcas ripping it apart. (Orcas have been known to hunt very large baleen whales the size of the Mosasaurus, so Mosasaurus steak would be on the menu for a large Orca pod. They've been known to dispacth tiger sharks and great white sharks with ease on one-on-one fights.)

It would be one thing if the mainland plot took place in South America or Africa, since countries of those contenints don't have the military firepower or compitant governments to do so. (Many of those countries barely have semi-compitant governments as it is.) But in the American mainland, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia? It just would NEVER fly!

The only conceviable place in America where it can work is Alaska and that's because it has a very small population and the state itself is MASSIVE. Over 3 times the size of Texas. But even then, the dinosaurs that we saw are not adapted for the climates up north. (IIRC, an Ankylosaurus was sold to some place in Russia, Siberia I think. Does anybody think that poor dinosaur WON'T freeze to death considering how brutal Russian winters are?) We'd have to see new batchs of dinosaurs in that case, and even then, people are just so used to the original JP dinosaurs, that you'd risk giving people to much of a shock in how big the change is. You would get away with new feathered dinosaurs, but probably not new version of old favorites.

How Colin can just ignore all this and yet say it's going to be grounded is BEYOND me. Even more so considering how grounded this franchise is in reality.

As for Universal and Legendary, those two appear to have had a falling out recently. The Detective Pikachu is proof of that.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 pm

owenpratt wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

We know it will be released on June 11th, 2021.
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will star in it. I'd say BD Wong will too. Probably Isabella Sermon as well. Maybe Geraldine Chaplin, Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith?

Classic characters like Grant, Malcolm and Ellie might return. Some Pratt-Neill Twitter interactions and some Trevorrow's words in an interview make it sound like Sam Neill might come back for this third/sixth installment.

Music will almost certainly be by Michael Giacchino. I think the cinematographer has been confirmed in some article to be John Schwartzman, the same of Jurassic World.

Script is by Colin Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael. I guess Derek Connolly was involved too, but less than before this time around.

Rexy and Blue will 99% return. The film will be the end of the end, as Trevorrow said, so no cliffhanger this time (maybe).

Filming will probably begin towards February/March/April 2020.

Expect the first trailer to be shared around November/December 2020.

Legendary's contract with Universal expires soon if it hasn't already and they aren't going to re-up

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 8:37 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Legendary's contract with Universal expires soon if it hasn't already and they aren't going to re-up

It's possible that they might re-up it, but only for JW3/JP6. They might spend their main focus with WB, though via the Godzillaverse. Legendary really wasn't needed for this movie. If anything, they needed it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

1. It would only be a matter of time before the U.S. government finds out about what happened at Lockwood's auction.

2. If this happened in real life, the dinosaurs would get wiped out by the military or a large amount would while many would be captured and shipped to Sorna.

3. Given how TLW is still canon, then between Papa Rex going on a rampage in San Diego, the military saving Grant, the Kirbys, and Billy at the end of JP3, and how they would have to have known about what happened on Nublar after I. rex broke free, the military would be fully prepared for this.

4. Every redneck, hillybilly, and family members or friends of people who got badly injured if not killed by the dinosaurs, and even some dinosaur attack surviviors would form posses to hunt down dinosaurs.

5. Don't think that giving them endangered species status would protect them. Back when he was running Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe allowed elephants to be hunted under the cause to 'make more space for people' which was a very dubious reason. If elephants can be killed under very poor reasons, then what makes  people think that people who have far more legitimate reasons (friends/family members getting injured or killed) WON'T try and kill off the dinosaurs?

6. Governments of various nations would be forced to sign laws, and probably treaties banning future dinosaur cloning. It would be political suicide for them not to do it. Not unless they want to be voted out of office, or worse, get overthrown.

7. Scintists who do so would have a price on their heads, if not crossmarks via Predator drone strikes or clandestine assassinations. They would be too busy running from the law, getting plastic surgies to hide, and whatever else to clone dinosaurs.

8. The Mosasaurus. It might conceivably live the rest of its life without getting torpedoed by the U.S. Navy (or by any other navy for that matter) by the simple advantage of how large the Pacific Ocean is. But even then, it still has to live with the risk of Orcas ripping it apart. (Orcas have been known to hunt very large baleen whales the size of the Mosasaurus, so Mosasaurus steak would be on the menu for a large Orca pod. They've been known to dispacth tiger sharks and great white sharks with ease on one-on-one fights.)

It would be one thing if the mainland plot took place in South America or Africa, since countries of those contenints don't have the military firepower or compitant governments to do so. (Many of those countries barely have semi-compitant governments as it is.) But in the American mainland, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Australia? It just would NEVER fly!

The only conceviable place in America where it can work is Alaska and that's because it has a very small population and the state itself is MASSIVE. Over 3 times the size of Texas. But even then, the dinosaurs that we saw are not adapted for the climates up north. (IIRC, an Ankylosaurus was sold to some place in Russia, Siberia I think. Does anybody think that poor dinosaur WON'T freeze to death considering how brutal Russian winters are?) We'd have to see new batchs of dinosaurs in that case, and even then, people are just so used to the original JP dinosaurs, that you'd risk giving people to much of a shock in how big the change is. You would get away with new feathered dinosaurs, but probably not new version of old favorites.

How Colin can just ignore all this and yet say it's going to be grounded is BEYOND me. Even more so considering how grounded this franchise is in reality.

I would be willing to bet good money that the next movie will just gloss over/ignore this. It will be set 3 years after this one, and the escaped dinosaurs will still be at large, with the military being unable to find them. It will be like the harmless lava and pyroclastic flow from Fallen Kingdom: we'll just have to embrace the madness. There was even an interview with Trevorrow post-release of FK (here) where he was asked precisely that - how does 20 or so dinosaurs not just get killed by the government - and he essentially changed the subject.

It wouldn't be out of place in this franchise to just have dinosaurs shrugging off firepower either (with someone shouting "it's useless, their hide is too thick!"): in TLW, the Doe shrugged off automatic fire; in JP III the Spinosaurus apparently survived fire from Cooper's rifle (which previously exploded a plane with one shot); in JW the I. rex survived being hit with a rocket launcher (even if it wasn't a direct hit, she should've lost that leg); and in FK bullets from an assault rifle literally bounced off the Indoraptor's hide. And, again: lots of dinosaurs surviving lava and pyroclastic flow.

Also, I would love to see something like 8 in a sea monster movie, even if it's not in JW. It would be a great shock therapy to people who think giant extinct marine predators are invincible. ("Oh no! There's a 60 foot long prehistoric shark at large, we're doomed! It's unstoppable! It's gonna kill us a-- oh never mind. A pod of orcas got him. Poor thing Sad ")

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:53 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

5. Don't think that giving them endangered species status would protect them. Back when he was running Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe allowed elephants to be hunted under the cause to 'make more space for people' which was a very dubious reason. If elephants can be killed under very poor reasons, then what makes  people think that people who have far more legitimate reasons (friends/family members getting injured or killed) WON'T try and kill off the dinosaurs?

I would be willing to bet good money that the next movie will just gloss over/ignore this. It will be set 3 years after this one, and the escaped dinosaurs will still be at large, with the military being unable to find them. It will be like the harmless lava and pyroclastic flow from Fallen Kingdom: we'll just have to embrace the madness. There was even an interview with Trevorrow post-release of FK (here) where he was asked precisely that - how does 20 or so dinosaurs not just get killed by the government - and he essentially changed the subject.

It wouldn't be out of place in this franchise to just have dinosaurs shrugging off firepower either (with someone shouting "it's useless, their hide is too thick!"): in TLW, the Doe shrugged off automatic fire; in JP III the Spinosaurus apparently survived fire from Cooper's rifle (which previously exploded a plane with one shot); in JW the I. rex survived being hit with a rocket launcher (even if it wasn't a direct hit, she should've lost that leg); and in FK bullets from an assault rifle literally bounced off the Indoraptor's hide. And, again: lots of dinosaurs surviving lava and pyroclastic flow.

But by doing that, aren't we just allowing this franchise to side into being just another mindless franchise a la F&F? This franchise was grounded in reality and intelligence compared to most and I was asking for a better smarter movie. And I don't think that Mama Rex was hit and I. rex was made as a military weapon so it was made to survive getting hit by rifle fire.

I just think that too many people are going to point all these out. For us to just accept that the militaries of the world would just NOT wiped out the dinosaurs or would be too inept to do so would be too much to swallow. You just can't ignore or not have any of that in this movie. It would sanitize the whole thing beyond repair. Just look at how WB sabotaged the Batman franchise when they demoted Tim Burton into a powerless Executive Producer and gave Schumacher all the power for the sake of making the next movie more kid-marketable and where that path led to.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:18 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

As for Universal and Legendary, those two appear to have had a falling out recently. The Detective Pikachu is proof of that.

You're really overestimating the situation.

According to the Posse Comitatus Act, the military cannot be used to enforce any domestic policies on U.S. soil. The exception is the National Guard. Even then, I doubt the government with throw money towards what amounts to a cull. (Hence why Fish & Wildlife would be more suited to doing something more along the lines of capture and relocation.)

Plus it would be SUCH a waste of military resources to do anything like this.

Also, saying that South America and Africa don't have capable militaries is blatantly false. Brazil and Chile have the strongest military presence in South America, along with French Guyana (since it is a French territory). Uruguay, Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina, and Colombia also have very capable militaries. As for Africa: Libya, Angola, Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, Algeria, and Egypt are the top militaries in the continent.

I highly doubt political leaders would get ousted out of office, or even overthrown for not banning dinosaur cloning. That may be a contested issue, but dealing with domestic and foreign issues/threats are a higher priority for pretty much every country on Earth.

Same thing about your claims that geneticists would be assassinated or killed in drone strikes for continuing any type of cloning operations. Those resources are better put to use against an actual threat.

I think that the current outcome between Fallen Kingdom and this film, is that dinosaurs proliferate across the globe by cloning processes, and it becomes so widespread so quickly, along with companies basically showing that their dinosaurs serve multiple uses (agriculture, medicine, work animals, etc.) that ultimately its too late for any government to do anything about it. There might be attempts to ban it, but certain groups with particular motives would definitely fight to get those bans overturned.

Ultimately, John Hammond was the spark for all this, and it has forever changed the world. There is no going back.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
But by doing that, aren't we just allowing this franchise to side into being just another mindless franchise a la F&F? This franchise was grounded in reality and intelligence compared to most and I was asking for a better smarter movie. And I don't think that Mama Rex was hit and I. rex was made as a military weapon so it was made to survive getting hit by rifle fire.

Fallen Kingdom had Owen, Claire and Franklin survive being in close proximity to lava; a "Baryonyx" survive being directly hit twice in the head by it; Owen (and a bunch of dinosaurs) surviving being engulfed by a pyroclastic flow; and Owen and dinosaurs surviving a drop of 100+ meters into the ocean (I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that once he hit the surface of the water, it would be like hitting concrete).

I would say the new movies are way past the point of no return of hitting Fast & Furious levels of insanity. And I'm not sure we fans can do a lot to stop it, considering the direction that the next movie is apparently heading, and its writing duo. All we can do is hope Fallen Kingdom was the peak of bonkersness for the franchise.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:49 pm

1morey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

You're really overestimating the situation.

According to the Posse Comitatus Act, the military cannot be used to enforce any domestic policies on U.S. soil. The exception is the National Guard. Even then, I doubt the government with throw money towards what amounts to a cull. (Hence why Fish & Wildlife would be more suited to doing something more along the lines of capture and relocation.)

Plus it would be SUCH a waste of military resources to do anything like this.

Also, saying that South America and Africa don't have capable militaries is blatantly false. Brazil and Chile have the strongest military presence in South America, along with French Guyana (since it is a French territory). Uruguay, Bolivia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina, and Colombia also have very capable militaries. As for Africa: Libya, Angola, Tunisia, Morocco, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Ethiopia, Algeria, and Egypt are the top militaries in the continent.

I highly doubt political leaders would get ousted out of office, or even overthrown for not banning dinosaur cloning. That may be a contested issue, but dealing with domestic and foreign issues/threats are a higher priority for pretty much every country on Earth.

Same thing about your claims that geneticists would be assassinated or killed in drone strikes for continuing any type of cloning operations. Those resources are better put to use against an actual threat.

I think that the current outcome between Fallen Kingdom and this film, is that dinosaurs proliferate across the globe by cloning processes, and it becomes so widespread so quickly, along with companies basically showing that their dinosaurs serve multiple uses (agriculture, medicine, work animals, etc.) that ultimately its too late for any government to do anything about it. There might be attempts to ban it, but certain groups with particular motives would definitely fight to get those bans overturned.

Ultimately, John Hammond was the spark for all this, and it has forever changed the world. There is no going back.

1. They might have to if the public outrage is large and loud enough. The images of kids getting eaten and killed is a very powerful motivator. Not even all the dinosaur protection groups would argue against the sight of little kids dying from a Compy pack.

2. All those countries you mentioned are heavily dependent on other countries giving them weapons. U.S.A, China, Russia, or in some cases, Western Europe. It's either spare weapons from the government, they buy the weapons from the companies that make them, or they get a licence from said companies. Also, the last time I checked, Libya isn't much of a country anymore.

3. As for Wu and others like him not getting targeted for assassinations, some countries are willing to do so. You don't think that Russia or China wouldn't do that? Heck, Kim Jong Un had his brother wacked with a tiny drop of VX nerve gas, the deadliest chemical agent known to man. Who's to say that Putin wouldn't order a hit on someone like Wu via a toxic-laced drink after the Russian Army wiped out every dinosaur in Russia? (And that's provided they survive a brutal Russian winter, which is laughably low.)

I just fail to see how the world would just do nothing and would just let the dinosaurs run loose.

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Fallen Kingdom had Owen, Claire and Franklin survive being in close proximity to lava; a "Baryonyx" survive being directly hit twice in the head by it; Owen (and a bunch of dinosaurs) surviving being engulfed by a pyroclastic flow; and Owen and dinosaurs surviving a drop of 100+ meters into the ocean (I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that once he hit the surface of the water, it would be like hitting concrete).

I would say the new movies are way past the point of no return of hitting Fast & Furious levels of insanity. And I'm not sure we fans can do a lot to stop it, considering the direction that the next movie is apparently heading, and its writing duo. All we can do is hope Fallen Kingdom was the peak of bonkersness for the franchise.

Well then I guess that Colin and his buddies better hope that too many people aren't turned off by this one to make this 3rd one a 'profitable failure' a la Zilla 98 or Spider Man 3.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Rolling Eyes

Anyways...

I am curious as to what Trevorrow means when he says it's going to be a "science thriller" in the same way that the first film was. I just find that a really interesting little quote, and I'm racking my brain trying to figure out exactly what it might mean.

Also, I'm pretty hopeful that they'll bring Sam Niel back in some way this time around.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:03 am

Trevorrow did location scouts for FK back in 2015, right? So we might get to see pictures of that for JW3 soon.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 2:35 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
Trevorrow did location scouts for FK back in 2015, right? So we might get to see pictures of that for JW3 soon.

No, Bayona did them back in 2016! Wink
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 7:54 am

Isn't there already a thread about the ending's "huge flaw" of Fallen Kingdom?

Anyway, Colin tweeted back in 2016 (I think) a photo with Connolly in it and then Connolly did the same with Colin. I think once was in Utah, and I can't remember the other.

Also, wonder if Colin will be interviewed once again by JurassicOutpost... that JW2 interview with him and Bayona at the time was great stuff.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 12:32 pm

After seeing some of the posts in here, does that mean we're in for 3 years of posts talking about Colin and Universal and this that and the other?

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
After seeing some of the posts in here, does that mean we're in for 3 years of posts talking about Colin and Universal and this that and the other?
Nah, it's probably only for 1 year. We'll likely get some juicy info at that point.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Quote :
Yeah, that's... kinda what we do here

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 11:39 am

Sorry for the double post, I forgot this quote by Trevorrow:

Quote :
“There were moments that we thought, this is more like a Jurassic [World] 3 scene, so we took them out from the script. Some of those scenes we thought were better seen in a world where dinosaurs had spread all over the world. Colin, from time to time, came to me and said, ‘I want this character to say that line because this is a moment that’s referencing something I want to use in Jurassic 3’.”

Wonder which scenes he's talking about.

Back to top Go down
TyrantKing4Ever
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantKing4Ever

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 12:00 pm

I wonder what roles Rexy & Blue will have in the movie? Especially Rexy since I think the combined total of minutes of her appearance in JW & FK is probably only between 5-7.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 1:58 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sorry for the double post, I forgot this quote by Trevorrow:

Quote :
“There were moments that we thought, this is more like a Jurassic [World] 3 scene, so we took them out from the script. Some of those scenes we thought were better seen in a world where dinosaurs had spread all over the world. Colin, from time to time, came to me and said, ‘I want this character to say that line because this is a moment that’s referencing something I want to use in Jurassic 3’.”

Wonder which scenes he's talking about.

Probably the scene with the Mosasaurus attacking a whaling ship, and the scrapped Dilophosaurus scene. Maybe even the T. rex X Spinosaurus fight. I would bet that the Mosasaurus attacking the whaling ship will be the opening scene for the next movie.

About the lines, I'm pretty sure he's referring to either the Malcolm lines, or Mills lines about Owen and Claire being "the parents of the new world", and how "you can't put it back in the box!".

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 2:05 pm

http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/jurassic-world-3-new-character-details-revealed

Zane Maxin, lead role. Zane Maxin will be a Caucasian male Dinosaur Hunter. They want this character to be in his 20s and 30s.

Un-named Dinosaur Protection Group female character, lead role. This character will play a Paleo-Veterinarian. The actress chosen for this role can be of any ethnicity between the ages of 28 and 50.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/jurassic-world-3-new-character-details-revealed

Zane Maxin, lead role. Zane Maxin will be a Caucasian male Dinosaur Hunter. They want this character to be in his 20s and 30s.

Un-named Dinosaur Protection Group female character, lead role. This character will play a Paleo-Veterinarian. The actress chosen for this role can be of any ethnicity between the ages of 28 and 50.

Hmm.

The female paleo-veterinarian seems a bit redundant since we already have Zia, unless Daniella Pineda doesn't return. (Though I'm sure Zia wasn't the only paleo-veterinarian in the DPG.)
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 4:52 pm

^^ And isn't Zane just Wheatley 2.0, but younger? Hmmm...well, it seems early for the script to be finished considering they don't shoot until 2020, but the source is a talent agent, so it seems legit.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

Isn't this just old info way back from FK casting in 2016? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 6:02 pm

I don't know but the article that listed the information was posted 9/18/2018 not in 2016.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 9:24 pm

I still think it's too early for the script to be finished, let alone casting for a 2020 shoot and a 2021 release.

I wonder if there was a miscommunication, and this is for a new video game or other EU material?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:49 am

Classic characters pretty much confirmed!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:

Judging by how wasted Jeff Goldblum was in JW:FK, I don't have much hope that the others will be treated better.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 7:32 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:

That's awesome to hear! I do wonder how significant a role they'll play....whether they'll be cameos similar to Goldblum in FK or whether their roles will be a bit more significant.

Regardless of what their roles are, my hope is that they don't feel shoehorned into the next film. That their return is at least somewhat organic, like Goldblum's was in FK. There needs to be a reason for them to be there.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next